• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Project Valhalla

Ah, yeah. I guess revenge-driven-badass is kinda a cliche. Idk why it's hard for people to stray away from it.

Ya know I really like this idea and as much as I love Vel I can always play with her again, so I think I will try to change her up to give us some variety.

Character building questions here for ya Skaggon Skaggon :

About how long have the monsters been showing up? Pretty vague, but I got a general idea that it started well before our characters were born. Just nabbed that piece of info of the CS of others, since they used it for their childhood history and the such

If the characters receive their weapons from the gods, why do they receive the weapon after their training? If the characters are unaware that they will be receiving a weapon or not, what drove them to start training? Would it not make more sense that they receive a weapon, and then begin training? Or scrap the piece about training altogether.

I'm also assuming that since states have been established, that this either takes place in modern or futuristic times and if so, how far along? Modern, right? Not the distant future with heavily mechanized weapons and transportation?

You answered my previous question about which weapons were possible choices and which weren't, hope you don't mind if I pester you about the subject a little more. Since the weapons have no supernatural powers whatsoever, would that mean the only thing special about the weapon is its history? Would modifying the weapon at all (for example, forging two smaller swords from the material of a much larger one) be viable at all, or would altering the weapon make it lose its powers? Decided not to go with an overly difficult weapon and went with something simple

Do you already have ideas for plots that the characters will follow? Or at least something along the lines of a leader guiding a team on missions? Your brief introduction didn't give us too much information aside from the characters trying to survive. So I'm trying to figure out if there is a bigger picture to at all, or if it's just a different take on an apocalyptic survival RP with no real ending.

Sorry for badgering ya dude. I'm one of those bothersome people that like to know all the info before involving myself in something, it's what I get for being so picky :P

Edit: New one just popped in my head. After an individual is granted a weapon, is it only capable of slaying monsters when held by that specific person? Is stealing a weapon possible, because tbf who wouldn't steal one if they could? Or if the situation arises, can you loan it to a friend, or no?

Last edited:

About how long have the monsters been showing up? Pretty vague, but I got a general idea that it started well before our characters were born. Just nabbed that piece of info of the CS of others, since they used it for their childhood history and the such

If the characters receive their weapons from the gods, why do they receive the weapon after their training? If the characters are unaware that they will be receiving a weapon or not, what drove them to start training? Would it not make more sense that they receive a weapon, and then begin training? Or scrap the piece about training altogether.

I'm also assuming that since states have been established, that this either takes place in modern or futuristic times and if so, how far along? Modern, right? Not the distant future with heavily mechanized weapons and transportation?

You answered my previous question about which weapons were possible choices and which weren't, hope you don't mind if I pester you about the subject a little more. Since the weapons have no supernatural powers whatsoever, would that mean the only thing special about the weapon is its history? Would modifying the weapon at all (for example, forging two smaller swords from the material of a much larger one) be viable at all, or would altering the weapon make it lose its powers? Decided not to go with an overly difficult weapon and went with something simple

Do you already have ideas for plots that the characters will follow? Or at least something along the lines of a leader guiding a team on missions? Your brief introduction didn't give us too much information aside from the characters trying to survive. So I'm trying to figure out if there is a bigger picture to at all, or if it's just a different take on an apocalyptic survival RP with no real ending.

Sorry for badgering ya dude. I'm one of those bothersome people that like to know all the info before involving myself in something, it's what I get for being so picky :P

Edit: New one just popped in my head. After an individual is granted a weapon, is it only capable of slaying monsters when held by that specific person? Is stealing a weapon possible, because tbf who wouldn't steal one if they could? Or if the situation arises, can you loan it to a friend, or no?
I was planning on giving more info in the post that starts the RP and i intend on answering any question in the post if you have any more questions let me know

also since idk how to exactly fit it into the post this is modern era I thought I put that down somewhere sorry about that

i hope that answers your questions if not pm me so I can fix the post

BTW Everybody. The RP has started, and only a few have posted. You can get to the RP through the Characters page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back