• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Project Prometheus: Countdown

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Earlier, in the 21st century (2072 to 2095), dozens of interstellar probes nicknamed Comet Class XS had been launched. They were designed to reach speeds around 25% of the speed of light, powered by a light sail-type system (though lasers were not employed here). At a pre-determined point the main probe scattered multiple probes bound for various systems along its general trajectory.

By the middle of the 22nd century Earth’s population had skyrocketed to over 22 billion, and global warming was increasing with no end in sight. The world had become an extreme dystopia with a tiny percentage of privileged class and a huge low income class. The middle class was a vanishing segment of society, most struggling to reach the upper class or failing and joining the ranks of the poor. Riots had become a common occurrence. Society had begun to collapse. Law and order had been all but handed over to androids.

By this time literally thousands of extra Solar planets with conditions that might support life had been discovered. Most had gravities higher than Earth. the governments of Earth made plans for a number of interstellar expeditions. One of those missions is destined to be the Tanis mission. The R&D component of this mission is codenamed Project Prometheus and is headed by Dr Xavier Thomas, the modern day DaVinci, a prodigy in applied physics.

Phase I - This is Pre launch - the period during which the crew is assembled, chosen from the teeming billions of Earth. There is NO volunteer program because the Project is a secret. (You can’t volunteer when noone knows about.) Oh sure, there are rumors. But noone can PROVE anything. And don’t bother trying to blackmail your way in. That is just a sure way to die. Dr Thomas doesn’t know it, but his security folks play for keeps. They can’t save everyone. But they will go to any lengths to save what they can.

Phase II - This is the trip itself. Someone has to tend the drops, etc. They will all take turns. (We may skip over most of this.)

Phase III - Colonization of Tanis. Only those characters selected for this part of the mission will still be in the RP. This will be dependent on a few things.

Alternatively I may add Tabs for Phase II and III roleplay to allow members to enjoy more than the one setting at once. But I am starting out in Phase I until I hear from the group.

Link to RP

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh heck ... I forgot to add the link to the fiull overview, sign ups,etc ... Will fix that in a second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back