• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Project Myth

Project Myth
Okay, so I remember seeing this rp idea and I don't remember if it was on this site or another site, but I never got to participate in it. Regardless, it was still very interesting. So if this was originally your idea PLEASE DON'T SUE ME I'LL GIVE YOU CREDIT JUT LET ME KNOW
Also this rp may seem familiar to some, as I started it in January of this year, but due to school work and all that, I was unable to run it. But now that it's summer, I have a lot of time on my hands and I really want to progress this idea. k thx you can continue reading

Gods are just myths, right? Right?

From the beginning of time, different gods, deities, and animistic religions have been believed for hundreds of thousands of people. Communities of different people, all united under their unconditional faith in their gods. However, over the years, animism has continued to decline and the want and desire for more scientific explanations were needed.

It is now 2018, and science and technology are bigger than ever, with new advancements being made almost every day it seems like. Animistic gods are generally only talked about in class to explain world history. However, on one fateful day, it seems like these aged gods are now the only ones who can save us.

Plot Explanation

Since 2007, animistic gods from different cultural mythologies including Greek, Roman, Norse, Celtic, Chinese, Japanese, Mayan, and Egyptian gods were discovered, roaming the earth, disguised as humans. Since their discovery, the U.S. government created Project MYTH to house these gods and used them from anti-terrorism techniques, to helping buddies with their love lives. However, their real identities were kept a secret to the public. These gods were permitted to travel the world and with that, different project MYTH headquarters have been set up across the globe in the countries of origins of their mythologies. At the end of 2017, headquarters were located in: Washington D.C for the Greek gods, Rome for Romans, Stockholm for Norse, Dublin for Celtic, Beijing for Chinese, Osaka for Japan, Mexico City for Mayans, and Cairo for Egyptians. If you're wondering, Athens was reserved for kind of a back-up headquarters just in case something bad was going to happen.

In 2010, however, a threat was pinged in Jerusalem, Isarel. Discovered by the Greek God Hermes on a scouting mission for more disguised gods, Hermes found Hades in Jerusalem, conjuring up something... bad. Since 2010, Hermes has never been seen again. Many gods have went out on a search for him, but each one came up short with absolutely no clues or leads to help. Many gods have went directly to Hades for answers, but no questions were answered. Although Hades continued to be shady, he was never punished because there was nothing to prove.

Gods continued to find other gods, help improved the world unnoticed, and even tried to pursue and live normal lives as normal people. On December 29, 2017, however, a package was received at the Washington D.C. headquarters: Hermes' shoes accompanied with his head. Almost positive this was the work of Hades, all the gods hunted him down in order to destroy him. With their powers combined, Hades was destroyed and the gods returned to their homes, unknowingly releasing one of the biggest battles the world would ever experience.

Hades, being envious of his brothers Zeus and Poseidon for receiving the better parts of the known world, Hades decided to take control for himself and promised that he would conquer the world and demand domination. When Hades went to Jerusalem, he summoned the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse: Conquest/Pestilence, War, Famine, and Death. Realizing that one day the gods would discover his plan, Hades cursed himself so that when he would been destroyed, he knew it would be the perfect time to release the Horsemen.

Characters and Timeline
code/design by Fable Fable

The story would take place just after the discovery of Hermes' head and shoes.

We will be playing the group of gods fighting the Four Horsemen. Note: The battle between gods and the Four Horsemen wouldn't occur right after Hades' death. Some destruction will occur, but my idea would be a more progressive battle, fighting each Horseman once and defeating them (or be defeated?) and at the end a final battle.

You will be playing a god from one of the mythologies I mentioned (or if there's another god from another mythology you wanna play, just ask me) and also the god's human alter ego, the one the play in the real world , similar to a superhero and their alias.

I will be playing each of the Four Horsemen.

Note: This will be a detailed RP with a minimum of two paragraphs each post. Also, I'm asking that you post frequently, maybe like every other day or 2 days.

Project Myth
Okay, so I remember seeing this rp idea and I don't remember if it was on this site or another site, but I never got to participate in it. Regardless, it was still very interesting. So if this was originally your idea PLEASE DON'T SUE ME I'LL GIVE YOU CREDIT JUT LET ME KNOW
Also this rp may seem familiar to some, as I started it in January of this year, but due to school work and all that, I was unable to run it. But now that it's summer, I have a lot of time on my hands and I really want to progress this idea. k thx you can continue reading

Gods are just myths, right? Right?

From the beginning of time, different gods, deities, and animistic religions have been believed for hundreds of thousands of people. Communities of different people, all united under their unconditional faith in their gods. However, over the years, animism has continued to decline and the want and desire for more scientific explanations were needed.

It is now 2018, and science and technology are bigger than ever, with new advancements being made almost every day it seems like. Animistic gods are generally only talked about in class to explain world history. However, on one fateful day, it seems like these aged gods are now the only ones who can save us.

Plot Explanation

Since 2007, animistic gods from different cultural mythologies including Greek, Roman, Norse, Celtic, Chinese, Japanese, Mayan, and Egyptian gods were discovered, roaming the earth, disguised as humans. Since their discovery, the U.S. government created Project MYTH to house these gods and used them from anti-terrorism techniques, to helping buddies with their love lives. However, their real identities were kept a secret to the public. These gods were permitted to travel the world and with that, different project MYTH headquarters have been set up across the globe in the countries of origins of their mythologies. At the end of 2017, headquarters were located in: Washington D.C for the Greek gods, Rome for Romans, Stockholm for Norse, Dublin for Celtic, Beijing for Chinese, Osaka for Japan, Mexico City for Mayans, and Cairo for Egyptians. If you're wondering, Athens was reserved for kind of a back-up headquarters just in case something bad was going to happen.

In 2010, however, a threat was pinged in Jerusalem, Isarel. Discovered by the Greek God Hermes on a scouting mission for more disguised gods, Hermes found Hades in Jerusalem, conjuring up something... bad. Since 2010, Hermes has never been seen again. Many gods have went out on a search for him, but each one came up short with absolutely no clues or leads to help. Many gods have went directly to Hades for answers, but no questions were answered. Although Hades continued to be shady, he was never punished because there was nothing to prove.

Gods continued to find other gods, help improved the world unnoticed, and even tried to pursue and live normal lives as normal people. On December 29, 2017, however, a package was received at the Washington D.C. headquarters: Hermes' shoes accompanied with his head. Almost positive this was the work of Hades, all the gods hunted him down in order to destroy him. With their powers combined, Hades was destroyed and the gods returned to their homes, unknowingly releasing one of the biggest battles the world would ever experience.

Hades, being envious of his brothers Zeus and Poseidon for receiving the better parts of the known world, Hades decided to take control for himself and promised that he would conquer the world and demand domination. When Hades went to Jerusalem, he summoned the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse: Conquest/Pestilence, War, Famine, and Death. Realizing that one day the gods would discover his plan, Hades cursed himself so that when he would been destroyed, he knew it would be the perfect time to release the Horsemen.

Characters and Timeline
code/design by Fable Fable

The story would take place just after the discovery of Hermes' head and shoes.

We will be playing the group of gods fighting the Four Horsemen. Note: The battle between gods and the Four Horsemen wouldn't occur right after Hades' death. Some destruction will occur, but my idea would be a more progressive battle, fighting each Horseman once and defeating them (or be defeated?) and at the end a final battle.

You will be playing a god from one of the mythologies I mentioned (or if there's another god from another mythology you wanna play, just ask me) and also the god's human alter ego, the one the play in the real world , similar to a superhero and their alias.

I will be playing each of the Four Horsemen.

Note: This will be a detailed RP with a minimum of two paragraphs each post. Also, I'm asking that you post frequently, maybe like every other day or 2 days.

Interested playing as a Greek god for sure!

Quick question though, would Sun Wukong be counted as a playable god in this RP? I'm keen on making a character based on Chinese Monkey Loki Boi, but I'm not sure if he's counted as such.
Totally! Each character will have like a human alter ego so you won’t be playing as Sun Wukong the whole time, but I don’t see a problem with him being picked as your god of choice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back