Project Black

Hey! I'm here!

Sorry, working two jobs, helping girlfriend move and a few other things

Also rpnation didn't give me any notifications til a day or so ago. I'll be posting right about now. Sorry everyone!

Finally did the thing. Not the best post I've written but i finally jumped back in. I'll avoid being absent that long again

Welcome back bud!! :D Hey I am gonna join you in, try and keep on top of my posts as well as my work :)  

Looking good though! 

And @SleepyBuddha, What's Jack looking at here? Punctured/collapsed lung and fractured rib?

just checking in with everyone and saying hello to the group :) How we doin' guys? Life treating ya all well?? 

Good! My service dog "officially" graduated tonight (there was a ceremony and everything) and I got to meet the family he was going to work with so it was a very emotional night. He's going to be working with an 8-year-old boy with autism :)

Good! My service dog "officially" graduated tonight (there was a ceremony and everything) and I got to meet the family he was going to work with so it was a very emotional night. He's going to be working with an 8-year-old boy with autism :)

Niiiice. Good for the Doge

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back bud!! :D Hey I am gonna join you in, try and keep on top of my posts as well as my work :)  

Looking good though! 

And @SleepyBuddha, What's Jack looking at here? Punctured/collapsed lung and fractured rib?

More specifically a collapsed lung as a result of the broken rib puncturing it after he began moving around too much 

More specifically a collapsed lung as a result of the broken rib puncturing it after he began moving around too much 

I'm wondering if you understand how serious the situation is when it comes to a collapsed lung?

First off... He wouldn't be moving around at all... Second if it's caused by a broken rib... Blood in the lungs is just like water... He would drown... 

Besides.. This would have been noticed as soon as the ship landed... Because that is a very serious wound... To the point where I have to say, 'Your character would have already been dead.' It's just logic mixed with storytelling. A punctured or a collapsed lung should have been mentioned right after the ship had crash landed or should have been mentioned to me... A long time ago. 

Oh no a collapsed lung you wouldn't even be able to get up. Much less speak. If it was due to a broken rib shattering inwards like that, the internal hemorrhaging would be absolutely horrible and it would cause death within minutes. Like period. No if and or buts and no arguing about that. The only way you would survive is either A. You aren't human and even then the species physiology must be SOMETHING if it can survive that and keep moving around with mild-moderate pain only. Or B. Magic. Which is not possible in this universe.

It would appear I have underestimated my own ignorance on this injury. Got it. Going to change the post and make it just a fractured rib cage. I don't think that would lead to immediate death but please let me know. Sorry about that.

It would appear I have underestimated my own ignorance on this injury. Got it. Going to change the post and make it just a fractured rib cage. I don't think that would lead to immediate death but please let me know. Sorry about that.

Fractured ribs would be fine and all, but Adrian had already been up and walking around like nothing happened. The most that I would say would be reasonable would be bruised ribs. They can hurt after a lot or even minimum movement. They aren't fatal but it takes time to heal. 

I had minor fractures in both my ankles and both knees at the same time.... They are not fun. And its not a dull pain its more like a sharp pain in every step... And if I rested and then got up, sometimes after a few steps the pain would come back, and not to mention my legs were swollen... 

So yeah bruised ribs would fit the situation the best. 

Alright sounds good. I gave him an injury because after some thought I didn't think a 50 something man should be walking away from a crash in injured especially considering the others 

Alright sounds good. I gave him an injury because after some thought I didn't think a 50 something man should be walking away from a crash in injured especially considering the others 

Well Adrian was strapped into a chair. So was Aeva... But Aeva wasn't in securely plus he was in the engine room of all places. (He's an angel and has wings... Thus the reason he wont fit really well in the chairs. lol)

Adrian was actually in a well secure chair and strapped in correctly. If him having an injury this would also mean that Sarah would be injured too. She may not be a 50 year old man, but she is just as vulnerable as one because she is very young and her bones are not at their best and are still growing. 

Plus not everyone got all over the place fucked up. DJ was piloting and he just got thrown around. Issac wasn't strapped in and he got messed up. Shin was in a pod that literally froze him... No damage from the ships crash landing... He has to deal with the whole cold factor. 

Val slipped and fell after the crash landing... 

Raven was not secure thus why she had a broken arm. 

If anything Adrian should have a few bumps and bruises... 

Well Adrian was strapped into a chair. So was Aeva... But Aeva wasn't in securely plus he was in the engine room of all places. (He's an angel and has wings... Thus the reason he wont fit really well in the chairs. lol)

Adrian was actually in a well secure chair and strapped in correctly. If him having an injury this would also mean that Sarah would be injured too. She may not be a 50 year old man, but she is just as vulnerable as one because she is very young and her bones are not at their best and are still growing. 

Plus not everyone got all over the place fucked up. DJ was piloting and he just got thrown around. Issac wasn't strapped in and he got messed up. Shin was in a pod that literally froze him... No damage from the ships crash landing... He has to deal with the whole cold factor. 

Val slipped and fell after the crash landing... 

Raven was not secure thus why she had a broken arm. 

If anything Adrian should have a few bumps and bruises... 

Very true and it's probably safe to assume that the straps that secured him in distributed the impact in a way that he wouldn't be injured. Hmm.... I'll scrap the injury all together.

Very true and it's probably safe to assume that the straps that secured him in distributed the impact in a way that he wouldn't be injured. Hmm.... I'll scrap the injury all together.

Because of his age I wouldn't be surprised by whiplash, pulled muscles, bruised bones, bruised...anything really, maybe even a skull fracture or concussion because a crash that hard will throw your head around pretty badly. Possible the back of his head smacked against the wall or whatever.

For the ribcage thing, I fractured three ribs in a really bad fall once and I legitimately could not breathe  without feeling like I was being stabbed. Every inch my diaphragm expanded felt like the knife was being pushed in deeper. That was AFTER treatment. Before I was unconscious lol. After a few days the pain became bareable. 

Not chastising you but I'm putting in perspective for ya hahaha

That's like for a mild concussion. Aeva can bypass this because of his ridiculous eyesight but he's not seeing at 100 percent of his capabilities. He's seeing like at a solid 75

Users who are viewing this thread

Back