Project Black IC

When the scene unfolded in front of Adrian he did the only thing he felt he could do in this situation, pray. "Grant, O Lord, Thy protection And in protection, strength And in strength, understanding And in understanding, knowledge And in knowledge, the knowledge of justice And in the knowledge of justice, the love of it And in the love of it, the love of all existences And in that love, the love of spirit and all creation, Amen." Adrian repeated this prayer over and over again. Adrian was muttering this prayer to steel himself to act and harm the one called Nick. Thankfully the situation seemed to be coming to its end without him having to do anything. With the crew quickly taking control of the situation Adrian got up from the floor with Raven in his arms again. "Nick, please stop this insanity before lives are needlessly lost. I'm sure that all the crew wants is for this to end without harm be falling anyone. Please tell your conspirators to stop." Adrian said trying to convince Nick that whatever profits he was trying to get wasn't worth his life.

@NovaNovass @Lokipi

Last edited by a moderator:
Ross slowly let her eyes shift over to Adrian as he started to pray. His words made her lips sneer at the thought of god being involved in this whole mess. She wasn't one for religion and didn't care who had what beliefs... But to her this was not the time or place for this sort of thing. But once he had finished she had her full attention back to Nick. Her eyes narrowed more as her nerves were now on edge.

"I hate to repeat myself." Ross stated to Nick.

Nick dropped his guns and held his hands up slowly. His motions seemed casual, and even after Melody hit the ground... It didn't seem to bother him. He looked over his shoulder trying to direct his attention to Ross and not the others.

"You might as well shoot Captain." Nick started.

At this point Val slowly came out from the kitchen, but stayed close to the door.

Ross narrowed her eyes even more. She turned to Rem and Dax. "Take him to the holding cells. If he gets out of line.... Kill 'em." She stated.

Rem nodded and turned to Dax.

Ross turned to the others. "Val and the priest will take Raven and our fallen passenger to the med bay." She started. She looked to Charlie. "You will help them." She told her. "If you run into trouble call me, try not to take on anyone by yourself." She told the lead rider.

"I'm gonna go have a look around the ship encase there are others." Ross had stated her orders. She had a feeling that some might break those orders.... But as long as they got this situation under control and no casualties on their side... She would be grateful.

NovaNovass said:
Ross slowly let her eyes shift over to Adrian as he started to pray. His words made her lips sneer at the thought of god being involved in this whole mess. She wasn't one for religion and didn't care who had what beliefs... But to her this was not the time or place for this sort of thing. But once he had finished she had her full attention back to Nick. Her eyes narrowed more as her nerves were now on edge.

Nick dropped his guns and held his hands up slowly. His motions seemed casual, and even after Melody hit the ground... It didn't seem to bother him. He looked over his shoulder trying to direct his attention to Ross and not the others.

At this point Val slowly came out from the kitchen, but stayed close to the door.

Ross narrowed her eyes even more. She turned to Rem and Dax. "Take him to the holding cells. If he gets out of line.... Kill 'em." She stated.

Ross turned to the others. "Val and the priest will take Raven and our fallen passenger to the med bay." She started. She looked to Charlie. "You will help them." She told her. "If you run into trouble call me, try not to take on anyone by yourself." She told the lead rider.

"I'm gonna go have a look around the ship encase there are others." Ross had stated her orders. She had a feeling that some might break those orders.... But as long as they got this situation under control and no casualties on their side... She would be grateful.
Adrian sighed in relief as the situation was defused and the captain gave her orders. " I understand. Unless I'm needed to perform the last rites for anyone I will stay in the med bay to help how I can. Val if you would please lead the way." Adrian said trying to calm down. This situation had brought back flashbacks of Adrian's time in the service. Adrian silently recited the prayer over and over in his head as a way on controlling his mental instability. Still suffering from flashbacks as Adrian looked around he looked absolutely confused as he was seeing fallen comrades instead of the crew and instead of a ship Adrian saw a distant planet where he once faught in a war. The more Adrian recited the prayer the more the scenery around him returned to reality. Shaking off his momentary lapse Adrian waited for Val.

@NovaNovass @Lokipi

To Isaac, everything seemed to happen even quicker than it actually did. The gun dropped out of his face, as did its wielder. He lifted his gaze from Melody's corpse to see the captain, already giving orders like it was the most natural thing to her. It probably was. As he was lead away he lifted his hand in a vague, jerky salute as his fuzzy brain sent mixed signals to his prosthesis.

"Howdy, Cap'n," He mumbled right before dropping off again, sagging heavily into whoever was taking him to the medbay.

Charlie nodded graveily as she holstered her gun before eyeing Nick with one final glare.

"You know, you could just dart him." Charlie offered to Dax, as she moved over to Raven to inspect her fallen teammate. She still had a pulse, thankfully. She was just asleep. Heavily asleep. In fact, the lighter side of Charlie was surprised that Raven hadn't begun to snore. Grabbing her wrist, Charlie pulled her teammate up, hefting her onto her shoulder in a rather ungraceful fireman's lift. Beneath the extra weight, her bruised ribs shifted painfully, but she pushed on. After all, Raven wasn't that heavy..she's my sister. Charlie sang quietly in her head.

Once on her feet, she gave a tight smile to Issac as he gave a dizzy salute to Ross, before nodding to Val.

"Cardinal, would you help with Issac please?" the rider asked, as she eyed the still silent Dax with an air of unease.

The man had remained motionless, breathing down the pirate's neck with an unblinking and unforgiven stare. Ross had said to kill him if there was any trouble, but hadn't said anything about not stirring it up themselves. And right now, the big brother of the ship just seemed like he was bristling for a fight.

In all this mess, he had gotten himself all worked up and for what? Guard duty. That would rest heavily on his shoulders, Charlie knew. So instead, she did what she thought was best. Stooping down ungracefully, Charlie grabbed one of the tranq guns, inspecting it briefly. The thing looks harmless, but it had taken down two people before they had even had a chance to blink. Although granted, the drugs effects seemed to work less well on aliens such as Issac.

Noting there were a couple of shots left, Charlie straightened her arm and took aim without another word. With a bang, the tranq gun sounded, ending with a dart sticking out of Nick's arm.

"There. He won't be any trouble now." Charlie chirped, as she then handed the dart gun to Val. She might be able to make use of it. Maybe examine the drug which it contained and perhaps figure out if there was a faster way to pull humans out of their sleep.

Dax on the other hand, almost roared, his muscles tensing as he looked down at the dart and then back up to his crew mate. Eyes narrowed.

The lead rider simply stared back, shaking her head before saying the words which meant Dax was treading a dangerous line.

"Chill. Follow the captain's orders."

Of course, Dax knew to follow Ross' orders, but Charlie's words did cool the rage which had been bubbling in him. He had wanted trouble. He had wanted the opportunity to poison the man for his immoral actions like he deserved. But Charlie had also reminded Dax of his honour. The man was unarmed and outmatched. To make the kill now, would bring dishonour onto himself.

Calmly, Charlie returned her attention to Val and smiled.

"How about you put those muscles to use and give the Cardinal a hand with Issac?"

Then with that, she nodded to both Dax and Ross, before leaving the mess hall, making her way down to med bay calmly. Although, leaving the room she did accidently knock Raven's head against the doorframe.

"Ah, that's going to leave a mark. If she asks. The bad guys did it." Charlie shouted, her voice quietening as she grew further from the mess hall.

@NovaNovass , @hootie0813 , @SleepyBuddha

With a firm grip back on reality Adrian nodded, " Of course. Isaac, it's been a few years since I've done anything medical so I'd like you to walk me through anything you need my help with." Adrian said picking up the other passenger. Unfortunately he couldn't remember their name at the moment, his mind was still clouded. Adrian followed behind Charlie who had Raven. He asked Dax, who had been asked to help them, "Would you please pick up the woman who worked with Nick? I must perform her last rites before the captain does something with her body." Adrian was still a little dazed and confused as to where he was.

@NovaNovass @hootie0813 @Lokipi

Nick watched as Charlie picked up a tranq gun. He narrowed his eyes at her as she extended her arm and pulled the trigger. He would go down in a few seconds, but before he did he glanced over to Ross.

Ross let out a deep sigh before looking to Charlie. She pointed to Nick. "Take that one with you." She stated. Even if Nick was out she wanted eyes on him. She then turned to Rem and Dax. "Let's go." she motioned for them to follow.

But before she did she stopped and turned to Adrian. Her eyes narrowed when he mentioned taking care of Melody's body. Ross stepped over to Adrian and stopped him in his path. "Preacher...." She paused for a moment. "If you dare say a prayer for any of the people who attacted my ship..." She shook her head. "You might as well get off my ship now." She didn't let him say another word before taking her leave out of the mess hall.

Rem blinked a bit at how Ross handled things. He would be a bit picky too if he really knew everyone... But then again, if they had killed or harmed one of his brothers. Rem was quick to follow Ross. He charged his gun and walked fast to keep up with her.

Val blinked at the sight and instead of saying anything she took up Nick's wrist into her hand and started to drag him to the med bay. She could easily pick up the knocked out hunter... But she was also on Ross' side about them attacking the crew and ship. This was her family and home.

NovaNovass said:

"Wise choice pirate. I won't kill you if I don't have to but don't forget I won't lose a blink of sleep if I do." Aeva stated to Francis. The confusion and frustration was apparent on the female pirate's face and it only served to encourage Aeva further as he slowly made his descent back to the floor. "Don't try anything. Try to get your friend to do the same." Aeva stated. Every movement made, every word he said and how he said it was measured. The right tone to show that he will kill them both but he won't if he doesn't have to. If they just left peacefully, he wouldn't pursue them. A softer octave then normal but it contained the edge of a hidden blade.

"Alright woman." He said as their feet gently touched the ground once more. Aeva was strong enough to hold Francis with one arm, so he quickly reached for the male's weapon and relieved him of it. The avalon tossed it several feet across the hangar, away from Abigail. "Toss the weapon. Drop the tablet. Just take your friend and leave. I won't pursue. I can't speak for the rest of the people on this ship but I won't present anymore of a threat as long as you don't give me a reason to. I'm just a passenger after all. What you do after you leave is none of my concern anymore. So again human, be wise. Leave this ship with your lives." Aeva tucked his crimson wings in tight and dropped into a lower stance, to have better control over Francis and make himself a harder target for Abigail. The avalon readjusted his grip to make snapping his neck easier should it come to that unfortunate end.

Jack had been busy attempting to calm Sarah, to delay her request for them to go help her father. He was not equipped to deal with anything like this just yet. However, thankfully, as the minutes ticked by, Jack fumbling in his supplies for some form of weapon which he could use for show, Charlie soon appeared marking the end of his search.

Over her shoulders, the black haired girl, Raven, hung limp but from Charlie’s attitude, whatever had cause the commotion which had resulted in Ms Crow’s current condition was no doubt over. Watching as the lead rider squeezed by the tear stricken girl to place her friend gently onto the table, Jack couldn’t help but admire her. Charlie seemed to have taken everything in her stride and still come out the other end smiling.

When Raven was down, Charlie nodded to Jack and then to DJ, a little part of her relived to see that three out of the five remaining passengers were now accounted for and safe, this including the precious cargo, Sarah. Turning her attention to the small girl, Charlie offered a warming grin. “Well if it isn’t our future pro-racer. Knew you’d be safe and sound. Tough, just like your da, huh?” She grinned, as gently she wrapped her arm around the girl’s shoulders and tugged her away from the door to clear the way for the Cardinal, Isaac and Val, who was dragging Nick along like a doll, much to Charlie’s amusement. Val never ceased to entertain. Charlie knew damn well that their doctor was capable of many things in a fight and that Dr. Black was in fact strong enough to lift Nick quite easily, so watching Nick’s head get deliberately dragged along the floor was especially funny to the lead rider. Karma. Tiz a bitch.

But on that note, Charlie would have to apologise to Val later for ordering her to stay in the kitchen. When it came to hand to hand combat, Val was the better choice. However, Charlie had made the decision based on the fact that the doctor was more valuable to the ship. Her order to keep Val back wasn’t to keep the doctor out of harm’s way because she was incapable of defence, but rather that the others already injured needed her more than they had needed Charlie after everything had played out. But that was a conversation for another time.

“Now don’t you worry.” Charlie began, her attention retraining on Sarah and reassuring the girl. “Your dad is safe and sound. I’ve never seen a braver man. He’s a hero!” Charlie beamed, giving the girl’s shoulders a gentle squeeze. “But every hero needs some rest, so we’re gonna help with that okay? Right. I am gonna need you to do is be super strong, just like your dad, and go grab me some blankets from that cupboard. When you have them, bring them back and come help me tuck everyone in. Nice and snug.” Charlie grinned. Granted she wasn’t great with kids, but giving her something to do was better than leaving her to cry and worry right?

When she finished this, Charlie glanced up to Jack and DJ.

“Gentlemen,” She offered, her lopsided smile tainted with fatigue. “Sorry we took so long getting to you. The mess hall got….interesting. On the bright side, I bring you company.”

Dax simply grunted as Ross strode out of the room, leaving the Cardinal to his rituals. On one hand, Dax agreed with Ross. Melody had died without honour. She had sought to destroy other’s life for nothing but personal gain. Surely, that was a life which did no deserve final words. Why should her gods meet her at the gates of the afterlife? But on the other hand, his people had instilled a great sense of respect for treatment of the dead within him. Something which Dax was sure the cardinal also shared in his own way.

But Ross’ words were final on this ship. Nodding to the man, Dax placed a hand on his shoulder. “Leave her. We will deal with the body when we have secured the ship.” Dax sighed, his senses now coming back to him. The relief of cool logic flooding in was a soothing experience, his anger turning into nothing but steady embers. Anger and fear was the death of logic. Charlie often said this and Dax welcomed back rational thought with open arms. He had let himself get away from his purpose, now he had to amend his mistake.

Letting go of the Cardinal. Dax followed Rem and Ross without another word.

Exiting the mess hall, Dax drew level with his old friend. Nodding to her. She was angry and calculating her next move. And his place was beside her.

“If the others are like him,” Dax offered, meaning Nick. “Then we will have little to worry about.”

Adrian looked back and Ross and Melody then sighed, " Very well Captian. Her soul will be forced to wander this infinite universe for eternity. " that was all Adrian would say to the captain on the matter. While he disagreed with her and thought that all who die should 've given last remaining rites so that their soul moved on he would have to defer to the captain and hope that the punishment of wandering the black void of space was enough.

Walking into the med bay Adrian ever so gently laid the passenger whose name he had unfortunately forgotten down on a table. They were still alive he knew that much but beyond that he was working under the assumption they were tranquilized like Raven. Adrian looked down at his papal communicator, hidden within his cross funny enough, and remembered that he needed to call off the crusaders. Lifting the cross from its resting place on his chest Adrian let the crusaders know that the situation had been handled by the crew and their support was not needed.

With that taken care of Adrian saw the little girl from the mess hall and smiled approaching both her and Charlie. He was much more practiced in dealing with children than Charlie it seemed, " Hello little one. I remember you from dinner do you remember me?" Adrian asked gently and softly as he knelt down on one knee.

@NovaNovass @Lokipi @shadowz1995 @hootie0813

Val placed Nick on one of the operating tables and strapped him down. She barely said anything as she walked around her office looking for something. She paused at one of the boxes and opened the lid slowly. It was the blood box that held everyone's blood samples, or at least the ones she had. She narrowed her eyes when she saw that the samples were gone. She hated the black trade even more so now.

She looked over to Charlie and watched as she interacted with Sarah. Val loved children but a med bay was no playground for the girl.

Val started to get to work with the tranq gun. She needed to figure out what they were using and if she could reverse the action. Well the others would wake up eventually. But sooner is always better than later.

Ross lead the group about the ship. They needed to find anyone else part of Nick's group. It took them sometime... But they soon came across The Avalon and a few others in the cargo bay. Now this was tricky. Aeva could be o Nick's team.. Or the Abigail and Francis. She signaled for Dax and Rem to take other ways around in hopes to get the upper hand on either side.

Francis nodded to the angel as he did try to do what he could. "Abby... Just do as he says.." Francis stated. "Signal the others so we can get out of here."

Abigail kept her eyes on Aeva. Francis knew his limits, but Abigail hated to lose. She glance to the pod holding Shin. "What about our already obtained spoils?" She asked Aeva. "Or better yet... What if we cut you in on the deal?" she asked.

NovaNovass said:
Val placed Nick on one of the operating tables and strapped him down. She barely said anything as she walked around her office looking for something. She paused at one of the boxes and opened the lid slowly. It was the blood box that held everyone's blood samples, or at least the ones she had. She narrowed her eyes when she saw that the samples were gone. She hated the black trade even more so now.
She looked over to Charlie and watched as she interacted with Sarah. Val loved children but a med bay was no playground for the girl.

Val started to get to work with the tranq gun. She needed to figure out what they were using and if she could reverse the action. Well the others would wake up eventually. But sooner is always better than later.

Ross lead the group about the ship. They needed to find anyone else part of Nick's group. It took them sometime... But they soon came across The Avalon and a few others in the cargo bay. Now this was tricky. Aeva could be o Nick's team.. Or the Abigail and Francis. She signaled for Dax and Rem to take other ways around in hopes to get the upper hand on either side.

Francis nodded to the angel as he did try to do what he could. "Abby... Just do as he says.." Francis stated. "Signal the others so we can get out of here."

Abigail kept her eyes on Aeva. Francis knew his limits, but Abigail hated to lose. She glance to the pod holding Shin. "What about our already obtained spoils?" She asked Aeva. "Or better yet... What if we cut you in on the deal?" she asked.
"That would have been a tempting offer if I was still working for organization that made me what I am. It actually still is now that I think about it. You have been going out of your way to take everyone on this ship alive and from what I overheard, humans seem to be your primary target. If I had to guess, it would be that pure humans fetch a handsome price somewhere out in the void. So all in all, a tempting offer. Howev- " A flicker of movement in his peripherals caught his attention and Aeva managed to glimpse people moving about amongst them. They were all going to be surrounded soon enough and Aeva preferred to be on the winning side. "Your time window is closing at a incredible fast rate pirates. We are being surrounded so do yourselves a favor and go." Aeva stated with a hushed voice so that only them three could hear it.

Without any further provocation, the avalon releases his hostage and takes a few steps back, crossing his muscular arms in the process and letting his wings open up and relax. The gesture was meant to open himself up and look relaxed but also intimidating, as if he had already won. "Drop the tablet, drop the weapon, and flee with your lives or you can die here and never leave at all. Final warning."

Abigail grumbled at the word 'pirates'. She was indeed not a pirate, nor were the people she worked with. They were hunters. "Learn your facts Angel." Abigail stated. "We are hunters, not pirates. If you want to call anyone a pirate it would be that damn crap excuse of a captain." She stated. But her words feel flat when Aeva told her about them being surrounded. She glanced about as he let go of Francis.

Francis was quick to move away from the angel. "We should go." He told her. Abigail stood tall with the tablet in hand. She glanced back over to the one pod they had full. This turned out to be a crap tastic job. They had planned on targeting a bigger ship with a small crew... Who would have thought that they would have failed so quickly.

Francis went to head for the drop ship to take his leave only for him to hit the ground passed out. Abigail had shot her own man with the tranq gun she had in hand. She may have shot Francis but her eyes never left Aeva. "You made a bad move angel." She stated as she lifted up the gun and pointed it at Aeva.

NovaNovass said:
Abigail grumbled at the word 'pirates'. She was indeed not a pirate, nor were the people she worked with. They were hunters. "Learn your facts Angel." Abigail stated. "We are hunters, not pirates. If you want to call anyone a pirate it would be that damn crap excuse of a captain." She stated. But her words feel flat when Aeva told her about them being surrounded. She glanced about as he let go of Francis.
Francis was quick to move away from the angel. "We should go." He told her. Abigail stood tall with the tablet in hand. She glanced back over to the one pod they had full. This turned out to be a crap tastic job. They had planned on targeting a bigger ship with a small crew... Who would have thought that they would have failed so quickly.

Francis went to head for the drop ship to take his leave only for him to hit the ground passed out. Abigail had shot her own man with the tranq gun she had in hand. She may have shot Francis but her eyes never left Aeva. "You made a bad move angel." She stated as she lifted up the gun and pointed it at Aeva.
"Hm. Seems like the other way around to me. What are you going to get out of this huntress? Personal satisfaction and nothing more. You've failed your operation. You've lost a man and by the looks of it...." Aeva made an exaggerated scan of the area they were in, which included Ross and her crew. "Your rest of your squadron. By all means woman. Put me to sleep. When I wake up, you will be dead or captured and nothing will have changed. You made the bad move when you chose to attack this ship. You made another bad move when you chose to talk about as if no one was around in the med bay. You made, yet another bad move when you took out your only other ally on this vessel." The avalon walked back and forth methodically, as if he was giving a lecture to his old squadron back in his special agent days. With his hands behind his back and boasting the size of his wings, Aeva took a few steps closer to the huntress and merely focused his ire into her eyes. Much like he had done to Shin when he pissed Aeva off. Like how a hawk watches a rodent. Like if Abigail was nothing but a mere slab of meat for him to tear into. "You made a bad move when you chose stand against me." At this distance, Aeva couldn't dodge even if he had his enhancements but this display served another purpose. He was speaking loud enough so that the others in the room could hear him speak, whether Abigail knew that or not. It would clear his name because he no doubt seemed suspicious talking to the enemy like this. Subterfuge was one of his specialties after all. The second was intimidation. It showed he held absolutely no fear of her and his confidence only strengthened it. With his audacious display, That alone would make anyone hesitate. Third, was that he knew he won. If she ran now she might live but if she decided to give in to her pride then she wasn't going to survive this. In the Avalon's advanced mind, this was game, set, match. "This is checkmate human. Fail with your life or fail without it." The Avalon then leaned in towards her and gave her a smile that would make a killer's blood run cold, "I win."

Little by little Abigail could feel her body fail to move. The Avalon's actions tore into her like a knife and soft butter. Slowly and effectively. She gritted her teeth and took a step back when he moved closer to her. The back of her heel touched the pod behind her and she froze. She was in a battle between herself.

The words of the angel were true in her mind, and true in reality as well.... She had yet to see it. Abigail's breath shook as she exhaled. She closed her lips and breathed heavy through her nose.

"You wont...."

BANG!

Abigail paused... She looked down at her chest to see crimson red flowing freely from her chest. She slowly touched her blood with her finger tips. She looked up from her chest and looked up to Aeva. She opened her lips to say something only to taste the heavy lead that now covered he mouth.

She choked on her own words as she could not speak. In her mind she knew this was the end for her... But it felt almost like a dream...

Abigail slowly feel to her knees as her gun and the tablet feel to the floor. She coughed a little as she could feel the warm heavy liquid fill her lungs. Her arms dropped to her side, before she finally dropped fully to the floor.

Rem paused as he watched the girl fall. out of the three surrounding the area, Rem was the one to carry the bullet with Abigail's name on it. He slowly got to his feet and made his way over to Aeva. Ross moved from her spot as well. but was quicker to reach Aeva and Abigail.

Ross looked down as the blood puddled around the hunter's body. She looked at the gun the girl had and then to the tablet. Ross narrowed her eyes. She turned to Rem as he finally made his way to the group. She had yet to see Shin in the pod... But then again the glass covering the pod was almost white due to the freezing process.

"I want a full search.... You find me every person on this ship." She told Rem. "I want to see every last body found.... dead or alive." She told Rem. Rem only nodded slowly before turning and heading to go find his brothers to help him in his search. Ross knelled down and picked up the tablet. She stood up and turned to Aeva. She gave him a nod and looked down to the tablet.

She looked around in hopes to find Dax. The first mate would understand her concern for their navigator. If these people had Shin's tablet.. They could have killed him or knocked him out and left him somewhere.

NovaNovass said:
Little by little Abigail could feel her body fail to move. The Avalon's actions tore into her like a knife and soft butter. Slowly and effectively. She gritted her teeth and took a step back when he moved closer to her. The back of her heel touched the pod behind her and she froze. She was in a battle between herself.
The words of the angel were true in her mind, and true in reality as well.... She had yet to see it. Abigail's breath shook as she exhaled. She closed her lips and breathed heavy through her nose.

"You wont...."

BANG!

Abigail paused... She looked down at her chest to see crimson red flowing freely from her chest. She slowly touched her blood with her finger tips. She looked up from her chest and looked up to Aeva. She opened her lips to say something only to taste the heavy lead that now covered he mouth.

She choked on her own words as she could not speak. In her mind she knew this was the end for her... But it felt almost like a dream...

Abigail slowly feel to her knees as her gun and the tablet feel to the floor. She coughed a little as she could feel the warm heavy liquid fill her lungs. Her arms dropped to her side, before she finally dropped fully to the floor.

Rem paused as he watched the girl fall. out of the three surrounding the area, Rem was the one to carry the bullet with Abigail's name on it. He slowly got to his feet and made his way over to Aeva. Ross moved from her spot as well. but was quicker to reach Aeva and Abigail.

Ross looked down as the blood puddled around the hunter's body. She looked at the gun the girl had and then to the tablet. Ross narrowed her eyes. She turned to Rem as he finally made his way to the group. She had yet to see Shin in the pod... But then again the glass covering the pod was almost white due to the freezing process.

"I want a full search.... You find me every person on this ship." She told Rem. "I want to see every last body found.... dead or alive." She told Rem. Rem only nodded slowly before turning and heading to go find his brothers to help him in his search. Ross knelled down and picked up the tablet. She stood up and turned to Aeva. She gave him a nod and looked down to the tablet.

She looked around in hopes to find Dax. The first mate would understand her concern for their navigator. If these people had Shin's tablet.. They could have killed him or knocked him out and left him somewhere.
The splatter of blood from Abigail's torso found its way to Aeva's person. A light spray had decorated his torso a few flecks splattered onto his face. Though someone was killed so suddenly in front of him, the sudden death and blood splatter only made Aeva blink. As she collapsed to the ground and looked up into the Avalon's crimson eyes, the only thing she would find was satisfied, cold, calculating, emotion dancing within its red hues. "I will...." Was all he said as her lungs filled with blood and she fell to the floor. Aeva turned around slowly and met the crew members with a steady gaze as he gauged the situation. They didn't see him as an enemy it seemed and were only concerned with taking the rest out and finding any missing members of the crew. Speaking of which...."Right. The prickly programmer. Let's see...." Aeva said this to himself aloud. He turned to the pod and pulled out his own custom tablet. It took a moment but the Avalon was eventually able to jack into the pods systems and begin working his cyber magic. The design was complex and definitely thorough but the pod wasn't made for anti-hacking and so any defenses against Aeva were all very default and expected, despite being high quality. Normally, this would have made an amusing cyber session but after having a taste of Shin's chaotic software development, the Avalon was actually disappointed. That hacking had been the most exciting and memorable experience in cyber space that Aeva had ever had. The ex-soldier had been across many solar systems and his greatest challenge was on a run-down old warship with a fraction of the crew needed to fly it.

"Funny how life works." He stated as the Ping! of a successful hack came out of his tablet. The pod began defrosting but the process looked like it was going to take quite a while. Unfortunately, while his disappointment was getting the better of him, Aeva forgot to check the amount of time it would take to thaw out the programmer. "Alright, captain your annoying human navigator is in the pod. I don't know how long it will take but I have begun the extraction process. It's very high quality so it may take a few hours and he will be very disoriented when he comes out. Couple that with the fact that he is fairly sick and its possible he may pass out as soon as he awakens. Just get him to the pretty doctor as soon as he comes out....basically."

Sarah almost panicked again when she saw Isaac being dragged into the med bay with the rest of the group, but Charlie quickly put her mind to action. She nodded solemnly at Charlie's instructions, sniffing occasionally. She went to the cupboard and grabbed the blankets the she mentioned. Bringing them to Charlie, she helped distribute them, her eyes red and a little tear-y, but with a wide eyed determination.

When Adrian knelt down and spoke to her she nodded and wiped her nose with her sleeve. "Yeah, you said the prayer at dinner."

Jack offered a grin to Sarah as the small girl made her rounds, giving a blanket to each of the patients with Charlie. The young girl's face was still red and puffy from her previous upset, but the tears had stopped at least. The blankets had been good tactic call by the lead rider; it had seemed. Reaching out, Jack had gently placed his hand on the young girl's head, as he approached Issac, using this action in an attempt to reassure the girl himself. Her dad was in safe hands.

When the Cardinal approached her next, Jack set to work, wordlessly taking up his tablet and equipment before collecting the vitals for each of the patients. Including Nick. In the background, Val own attention was fixed, her black eyes intent on their work and leaving Jack to do the grunt work. However, Jack didn't mind. In fact quite the opposite. As he made his round, noting down any additional injuries sustained, Jack was able to keep his mind clear. It was oddly relaxing.

Issac was still dazed but coming through. Whatever ordeal he had gone through he got through without that much damage. Raven was similar, although there was an additional welt forming on her temple. Nick was relativity unharmed, well, with the exception of several scrapes and bumps along the back of his head. Val had done her job right.

"These guys are all clear, any estimated time for these guys to wake up?" Jack asked as he placed his tablet down next to Val. "Whatever drug they used, alien species seem to metabolise it faster than humans."

@NovaNovass

When Charlie and Sarah finished handing out the blankets, the lead rider grabbed one more and wrapped it around the small girl's shoulders as she engaged in conversation with the Cardinal. After that, Charlie retreated over towards DJ and Raven, her eyes set onto her fellow rider. Jack had given her the all clear, which was a massive relief, but Charlie had to question how Raven managed to go down so quickly. Charlie could have sworn she had sent her down to work on the bikes. But then again, things like this always seemed to happen to them. Raven and Charlie practically lived in the med bay. Although this fact didn't exactly help to relieve the rider of her worry.

A heavy sigh swelled her chest as Charlie perched at the edge of Raven's bed.

"She's meant to be the careful one." Charlie partly giggled, as she nodded to DJ in greeting, before quickly changing the subject. She couldn't let DJ see this side of her just yet. He still thought she was a bad ass... or at least she hoped so.

"You missed all the action. Could have used your awesome moves." Charlie teased, before taking in DJ's bandaged hand. "But apparently, you've had your own side-story going on. You okay? Did one of the turncoats get you too?"

@Khaz , @hootie0813

Dax gave Avea a curious look. In less than five minutes the angle had seemed to have answered all their questions, as behind him, the stasis tube began to defrost their navigator. Nodding his thanks, Dax placed a large hand on Ross' shoulders and squeezed as worry welled in his core. Out of everyone to get caught and put out of play for an unknown amount of time, it had to be their Navigator. The one crew member who knew how to run and fly the ship.

"At least he will get some rest this way." Dax sighed, echoing what Charlie would have said if she was there. "When he thaws out, I'll take him to med bay, let Val give him a once over." Dax offered, as he moved away from his friend to investigate the tubes himself. So this would have been the fate of this little family. Stuffed into cans and frozen, like some meat product. Fresh and ready for the black market. Just thinking about it gave the giant a cold chill. In fact, as he soaked in the machines, Dax felt a nagging sense of annoyance towards Charlie. She'd taken Nick out of their little game a little too early for Dax's like.

Looking back to Ross. However, Dax returned to her side. She had been quiet all this time, and although her rage was something Dax had become accustomed too, he disliked seeing her in such a state.

"This could have gone been a lot worse." Dax reminded her.

@NovaNovass , @shadowz1995

hootie0813 said:
Sarah almost panicked again when she saw Isaac being dragged into the med bay with the rest of the group, but Charlie quickly put her mind to action. She nodded solemnly at Charlie's instructions, sniffing occasionally. She went to the cupboard and grabbed the blankets the she mentioned. Bringing them to Charlie, she helped distribute them, her eyes red and a little tear-y, but with a wide eyed determination.
When Adrian knelt down and spoke to her she nodded and wiped her nose with her sleeve. "Yeah, you said the prayer at dinner."
"Yes I did. How about we talk for a few moments? I just want to make sure you're okay." Adrian said very gently picking the child wrapped in a blanket up and moving with her to the side of the med bay so that they were out of the way but she could still be with everyone. He would try to get her out of the med bay in a moment of her own will rather than him forcing her out and causing another problem.

Adrian sat down in a chair and put Sarah on his lap, " you're worried about your dad aren't you Sarah?" Adrian said noticing her red puffy face.

“You are DJ, right?” He smiled and nodded his head before responded to Jack's second question.

"It's a bit of an embarrassing story." DJ looked bashfully at Jack as he proceeded to clean out his cut. It was a little painful, but nothing he wasn't used to from his days spent street fighting. He told the doctor his less-than exciting story and continued to have a pleasantly casual conversation with the man as he work. Although his embarrassment soon turned into laughter as he recalled his stupidity and clumsiness. His lack of grace always brought upon good stories to tell around dinner tables and camp fires.

Not long after, the little girl from the dinner table entered the med bay in a panic. DJ immediately jumped down from the table that he was sitting on and let over to the door as Jack knelt down with the little girl. He peered out into the hallway and saw that no one had followed Sarah from the mess hall.

"No alarm was sounded when I left my room, and there isn't one now. That probably isn't a good sign," he glanced back and said in a low voice trying not to attract unwanted attention. "The lights did flicker earlier, I wonder if it's related?"

Sarah told Jack what she knew; two hostiles for sure possibly more that were armed and opening fire on the passengers and crew. No big deal. DJ can handle this. Everything is fine. He gave an encouraging smile to Sarah and Jack, he initially intended it to just calm Sarah but he found himself relaxing a little bit as well. After all he was a much better fighter when he was relaxed and his normal upbeat self.

His previously racing mind was now starting to slow down and he was able to think. The trio was going to need some sort of weapon if they were going to defend themselves, but they were none insight which meant he was going to have to improvise. He looked out into the hallway once more before crossing to the other side. He grabbed hold of a lead pipe that ran along the ceiling and pulled as hard as he could. He dislodged a piece of it and prayed that it didn't do anything too important. Walking back into the med bay he closed the door and held the heavy pipe in his hands.

"Don't worry, Sarah, I'm gonna go help your dad. But first I'm going to need you to hide for me and not come out for anyone." DJ's plan was to go to the mess hall, but he couldn't risk taking Sarah with him and he wasn't sure how good Jack was in a fight. Seconds after telling Sarah to hide he heard the sound of voices coming towards them. He put his finger to his mouth and looked at the little girl gesturing her to stay quiet and calmly and defensively walked towards the door. He opened it and cautiously opened the door. At first it was relief that washed over him upon seeing the familiar faces of some of the crew and then he felt guilt after seeing some limp bodies. Any normal person would have thought that they were dead, but DJ's optimism convinced him that they were only hurt and would be ok in a few hours.

He stepped out of the way and made some room as everyone entered in and Val and Jack began to work. Overhearing bits and pieces of what had happened as well as not having a ton of medical expertise left him feeling a little useless. So he stayed out of the way and observed all that was happening.

Somehow he had ended up next to the unconscious Raven, a girl he had barely spoken to since getting on the ship. Again he felt a pang of guilt that he wasn't there to help her or anyone else. He had the height, the muscle, and the fighting skills he might have prevented some of the chaos from happening but instead he was off being a klutz and hurting himself. Everyone seemed to be hiding there worry behind warm smiles and laughs, but DJ could see through some of it. He hadn't got the full story yet, but what they went through seemed to take a toll on everyone even the people who weren't injured. This in turn made DJ feel uncomfortable, he never liked hospitals or anything of that sort due to the overwhelming amount of negativity, bad news, and devastating results. And for some reason, people didn't usually enjoy his smiles and jokes at times like those which usually left him at a loss for words.

Just then, Charlie arrived moments later to break his uncomfortable silence with a laugh.

"It's usually the careful ones that get hurt, not the reckless ones like us." he returned he giggle and looked up and her before glancing down at his hand.

"I know, I wish I was there. I probably would have scared them off just from the sight of my new friend here." He lifted up the pipe that was still in his hand and waved around, "but no, I did not encounter any blood thirsty vagabonds, instead I was in a much more heated battle with the door of my room. I won but she took a pice of me with her." He waved his hand in the air and laughed.

"What happened anyway, are there anymore people on board?" He asked on a more serious note trying to understand what was happening. He was still very confused and was looking for some reassurance.

Ross watched Aeva move towards the big steal Pod. She looked a bit confused as he mentioned 'prickly programmer'. She watched as he hacked away into the Pod system. Now Ross was no real expert on Pods, but from a first glance she would see this as more of a fish tank then a pod. She looked about noticing normal pods littering the area ready to place people in. But this one Aeva walked over to was much different.

Even in her pirate years, pods from back then didn't really change as much. She took a few steps forward and whipped a hand over the glass. She could see Shin inside. "What is that?" she asked as she noticed he was submerged under water. "Is that liquid air?" Ross had heard about it and had seen liquid air a few times... But this stuff was rare to come by.

Ross shook her head a bit. She turned to Aeva and Dax, "Bring the pod to Val in the med bay." she stated. "I still want to see everyone's face on this ship." She added. She got to her feet and placed away her gun. She looked over Abigail before turning towards Francis. She walked over and pulled the guy over to one of the pods.

She honestly didn't feel like dragging his ass all the way across the ship, but she could contain him in one of the pods and not have to worry about him getting out or even waking up.

Ross turned back to Dax and Aeva. Her mind trailed as she thought about what had just happened. Not to mention that Shin was.....

Ross owned half of the Gallion... but this didn't mean she knew how to fly it or keep up with maintenance. In fact she noticed that the Gallion's insides, didn't look like any other ship she had ever seen or been on. Shin was indeed crafty when it came to this ship. But to make sure everything was operable and to get to their destination... Ross let her eyes drift a little longer on Aeva.

"How good are you with programs?" she asked as she held on tight to Shin's tablet. She just saw him flawlessly hack into this strange pod, but... Her mind waited for Aeva's response.

Mean while Val was hard at work seeing what she could find out about the hunters sued to knock out the crew. She let out a deep breath she forgot she had been holding when she found out that it was nothing to worry about. She turned to the others in the room and smiled. "They should wake up within an hour or so." she smiled. She looked over to Nick and started to hook him up to an IV. She pulled out her own medical drugs and injected something into the drip bag hooked up to Nick. "Well everyone but him." she smiled. She would make sure Nick would stay knocked out until Ross asked otherwise.

By this time Rem and his two brothers made their way into the med bay. Rem was happy to see everyone was there. "The captain asked to see everyone." he stated firmly. "I'll let her know everyone is gathered her." Rem left into the hallway and pressed on his com. He stated his words clearly and did not really wait for a response before heading back into the med bay.

NovaNovass said:
Ross watched Aeva move towards the big steal Pod. She looked a bit confused as he mentioned 'prickly programmer'. She watched as he hacked away into the Pod system. Now Ross was no real expert on Pods, but from a first glance she would see this as more of a fish tank then a pod. She looked about noticing normal pods littering the area ready to place people in. But this one Aeva walked over to was much different.
Even in her pirate years, pods from back then didn't really change as much. She took a few steps forward and whipped a hand over the glass. She could see Shin inside. "What is that?" she asked as she noticed he was submerged under water. "Is that liquid air?" Ross had heard about it and had seen liquid air a few times... But this stuff was rare to come by.

Ross shook her head a bit. She turned to Aeva and Dax, "Bring the pod to Val in the med bay." she stated. "I still want to see everyone's face on this ship." She added. She got to her feet and placed away her gun. She looked over Abigail before turning towards Francis. She walked over and pulled the guy over to one of the pods.

She honestly didn't feel like dragging his ass all the way across the ship, but she could contain him in one of the pods and not have to worry about him getting out or even waking up.

Ross turned back to Dax and Aeva. Her mind trailed as she thought about what had just happened. Not to mention that Shin was.....

Ross owned half of the Gallion... but this didn't mean she knew how to fly it or keep up with maintenance. In fact she noticed that the Gallion's insides, didn't look like any other ship she had ever seen or been on. Shin was indeed crafty when it came to this ship. But to make sure everything was operable and to get to their destination... Ross let her eyes drift a little longer on Aeva.

"How good are you with programs?" she asked as she held on tight to Shin's tablet. She just saw him flawlessly hack into this strange pod, but... Her mind waited for Aeva's response.

Mean while Val was hard at work seeing what she could find out about the hunters sued to knock out the crew. She let out a deep breath she forgot she had been holding when she found out that it was nothing to worry about. She turned to the others in the room and smiled. "They should wake up within an hour or so." she smiled. She looked over to Nick and started to hook him up to an IV. She pulled out her own medical drugs and injected something into the drip bag hooked up to Nick. "Well everyone but him." she smiled. She would make sure Nick would stay knocked out until Ross asked otherwise.

By this time Rem and his two brothers made their way into the med bay. Rem was happy to see everyone was there. "The captain asked to see everyone." he stated firmly. "I'll let her know everyone is gathered her." Rem left into the hallway and pressed on his com. He stated his words clearly and did not really wait for a response before heading back into the med bay.
"Divine." He replied to the captain of the ship. It was a rarity when an Avalon's curiosity worked out in the long run but it seemed like this was one of those shining moments. After all the time Aeva spent reading the blueprints, he practically had the ships layout memorized. His dive into the ships programming let him explore a great deal of its software before being cut off by Shin. The data was all stored in his head and now he had an opportunity to put it all in to practice. "No need for the navigators tablet. I can patch in through my own. It will be better if I use my own. I'm more familiar with it. It's my own custom design after all." Without asking, Aeva jacked directly into Shin's tablet and began to dive into the ships mainframe once more. This time however, the angel was hooked up directly rather than from an outside link. That made the dive several times easier than it was originally, though it was still a enjoyable challenge going through the dense forest that was Shin's programming. Aeva couldn't help but Crack a smile as he dove through the system and filled his tablet with the missing information from the first dive.

What was a few seconds felt like twenty minutes to the avalon but eventually the download was complete and Aeva began thumbing through the recently completed data. Aeva was admittedly taken aback when he saw what the ships functions were truly built for but he did his best to mask it as mere surprise rather than astonishment.

At present, there were three problems with the ship. The first was that the ship needed constant manual adjustments to keep it running and it had gone for some time without these adjustments. Simply put, the ship would melt down shortly or crash into a moon if Aeva didn't move his ass now. The second was that he needed manpower that the ship simply didn't have. Not that it had much before but now there was no one because everyone was either busy or incapacitated. The third was that no one else must know about what this ship's true functions were. At least, not without creator's approval. Honor among programmers. This posed the problem that he couldn't teach anyone how to help him and he was truly on his own. All in all, it was a shit storm. A shit storm that Aeva was looking forward to. "Alright Captain. Rally your crew and get everyone settled down. Things are going to get bumpy! You do your job. I'm going to be getting this shit show back on track and jump starting all the systems so we can land without dying horribly while we enter orbit. Good luck!" The angel, again, didn't wait for a response as he gave a massive flap of his wings and shot fifty feet into the air, leaving behind a great gust for those at ground level. His fingers ran across his tablet like organic electricity and he wasted no time. He shot forward like a crimson bat out of hell, flying through the ship at incredible speeds to the places that required his immediate attention. While Shin knew his own system much better than Aeva, Aeva didn't have to walk to the places that needed his attention.

The trajectory needed adjustments, the core's power was fluctuating, internal energy distribution was jamming, artificial gravity was nearing critical, even life support was dropping into the red. No wonder Shin never rested, no matter how desperately he may need food or sleep. The whole ship would literally implode in on itself if he wasn't constantly maintaining it. He was able to do what he did and he was only human. Through the high speeds, both with flight and programming, Aeva was smiling a wide Cheshire smile. This was a challenge worthy of his cyber prowess. It had been a long time since something had pushed him hard. He almost wanted this to never end.

Sarah nodded again to Adrian. Everyone was telling her that her father would be fine but she'd probably be anxious until he was up on his feet again. She had also never seen him in a dangerous situation, nor been in one herself.

Isaac cracked his eyes open. He seemed to be in the ship's med bay. AnD it seemed nearly everyone on the ship was there too! He glanced over when he heard the priest talking to someone and instantly locked his eyes on his daughter. She looked like she had been upset, which was probably reasonable but she didn't seem hurt at all.

"Jebrelth kajif" Thanks Above, he whispered. He turned his eyes to the ceiling and the lights shining down on him made his head feel like it was splitting open. Apparently, getting drugged still counted for falling asleep with his arm on. Isaac stifled a pained moan and pulled his hand up over his eyes to block out the light. He resigned himself to lying there trying to ignore his throbbing head and listen to what was going on around him.

Charlie giggled as DJ brandished his pipe, before explaining his injury.

“8 points for style, but I will have to deduct due to the door injury.” Charlie grinned, before she sobered and dove in to how two people had come into the mess just as they were cleaning up. She retold the moment Nick had threatened to shoot Adrian, how Issac had charged at Melody and that Raven had been the first one to be shot by a tranq dart.

“I knew something was up when the lights flickered. Shin wouldn’t let stuff like that go on his ship…” Charlie breathed, as she turned back to stroke Raven’s forehead. A nervous reaction, but caring. Then her sights became trained on the door way, where Dax had now appeared, a trolley being pulled behind him with some weird pod strapped to it.

“Val, Jack, need a hand here.” Dax grunted, as he gave one final pull on the trolley before bringing it to a stop in front of the group with a tired grin. Everyone was here, safe and sound, as Rem had reported.

Charlie, on the other hand, almost sprang from her spot, rushing over to the pod to stare inside.

“What the frack?” She exclaimed, as she stared down at Shin’s sleeping form inside.

“He’s fine, Charlie. Just asleep.” Dax reassured her, as he gently tugged the girl away from the tube. “Now give the doctors some room to do their work.” He insisted. He could see Charlie’s worried etched into her furrowed brow and pinched lips. But she could do nothing but get in the way right now. “Just be glad that he is getting some rest.”

“A point I have to agree with.” Jack said, as he turned to look over at Dax and the stasis pod. So his suspicions were right all along. They were hunters. And…

“They had some very fancy equipment, didn’t they? Must have cost them a pretty penny.” Jack said as he strode over to the tube, before taking note of Issac who was coming around. Giving a sharp whistle, Jack touched the pod before moving out the way of Val, and returning to his patient. He would allow Val to inspect the pod.

“Welcome back to the land of the living.” He grinned down to Isaac, “How are we feeling? Dizzy? Can you tell me what happened before you lost consciousness?”

*sorry it is short, but have a lot of work so figured, short but sweet and means I don't keep you guys waiting :) *

Ross was a bit taken back when Aeva shot off after practically reading her mind. As he ran or flew off, Ross looked around the room seeing the Dax had already left with the pod Shin was in. He com beeped and Rem informed her that everyone was in the med bay. Ross didn't even respond back as she looked down at Shin's tablet. Ross seemed to have had to catch her breath. She looked around and placed a hand to her forehead. She took in a few deep breaths.

Her crew was almost taken from her, from the angel's words she might lose her ship, and on top of that if they do get out of this....alive..... She looked to the cargo... The mission was a bust. They didn't have the funds... She couldn't pay her crew.. No more food.... The only money they had left would be for parking on the inner planet..... If they can even make it there...

Ross had to get herself together. She knew what she had to do... And she only hopped that things will turn out in all of them not dying.

Ross made her way to the med bay to find all the faces she wanted to see.

She watched as Val moved over to the Pod Shin was in and feel at a great loss for words. Val hadn't really seen a pod like this before. She grew up on a core planet... And this looked like the tech from that planet. Val blinked as she looked at Shin through the glass. 'Liquid air' she stated in her mind.

Ross narrowed her eyes at Val. "I want him out of there as soon as possible." Ross demanded. Val looked up and stumbled on her words, "I.... I'm not sure how long that will be..." Val looked form the pod to Ross and then back to the pod. "I can crack him out in about two hours.. But that would expose Shin to getting hypothermia. Liquid air is... pardon my foul words... A down right dirty crafty bitch." Val nodded with a forced smile.

Val chewed on the inside of her cheek. "Not to mention that the pod's model... it has to be top of the line.." And she was out of practice.

Ross slowly nodded to Val as she listened, but could only take so much of the rambling of the medic. She placed a hand on Val's mouth and gave her a look that stated 'shut up'. Val nodded and went quiet.

Ross turned to the rest of the people in the room. She looked down to Shin's tablet and ran her fingers over it pulling up the files of all the passengers. She looked over the information and felt as if the world just might be ok...

She looked up and matched the pilot to his file. "Dj...... I hope you got enough rest.... You will report to the bridge..... There Dax will help do a walk through so you can pilot us home." She mostly kept her eyes on the tablet. She looked up and spotted Issac. "When you are feeling up to it.... You will help assist the Angel in keeping this boat in the air."

Ross looked around at the Remington brothers. "I want a sweep done of this ship. Pick up the dead bodies and get rid of any evidence that they were here.... Except the live ones..." Ross pinched the bridge of her nose as she explained how she wanted things. The Remington brothers would clean up the two dead girls and in turn they would bring over Francis in his pod and bring over another pod for Nick. Thats how she wanted the two contained.

Ross looked to Charlie, Val and Jack. She pointed to Jack and Val... "Get Shin out of that damn pod." She barked.

Her eyes fell to Adrian and Charlie...... She titled her head spotting Sarah. "You three...." She pointed to them... But she turned around slowly and started to leave the room... But stopped. "Charlie if you can... Help with the mechanical maintenance, if not let Dax do that and you help the pilot on the bridge."

Ross looked around hoping she had made the right decisions. She looked to Adrian and Sarah. "I want the two of you to stay here for the time being. Help the doctors if they need help." She added. Ross turned on her heels and headed for the bridge. She could never fly this things, but she did know how to set courses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back