• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

SomebodyElse

Caught in a storm
Gateway Sky Mall, Columbus Ohio 2024
4b08bd06eecef80c88aac562913a123d.jpg

The apocalypse happened. Nobody is sure how it started or where and it's possible nobody will ever find out, by the time everyone knew about it, it was too late. It had already popped up in select locations around the world. They called them "Waves" localized for each country or region. For the United States they were referred as Z-Wave-New York, because the wave that appeared started in new york in 2022. For most people who weren't near New York they learned about it on the News, the report of Zombies was broadcasted to every house, every radio, every phone, every TV channel set aside for the outbreak. People were told to prepare themselves, to gather supplies and get to a safe location, some disregarded the news as lies while others rushed to grocery stores and shops.

It wasn't even days before the wave had spread to half the country and in less than two weeks the entire country was infested with zombies. By the time a month had rolled around the population of remaining humans had been cut to less than 10%, and after that there wasn't enough society left to calculate who remained from then onwards.

It's been two years since the outbreak. Surviving has been tough. People in the apocalypse have their own rules. For me I never refer to people by their names. Not their pre-apocalypse names, but their names in which they are reborn in the apocalypse. Mine is "Sparrow". I was once named Riley and I spent my days doing illegal things and getting into trouble. But I go by Sparrow now. I've been surviving in the apocalypse due to my great physical condition. I don't tend to trust anyone and it's kept me alive so far. I don't know what happened to my father although judging by the way he refuted the news he's probably dead. He wouldn't have lasted long in his condition. I can only remember the days of yelling and screaming and the disgusting smell of alcohol. My second rule is I don't refer to them as Zombies, I refer to them as Deadheads, Walkers, Deadies, Zom-heads, whatever else except the word Zombie. I suppose I've made it into a game. I think deep down it helps my sanity.

But the rumor that's been going around this city. Columbus. I haven't been here before and I don't tend to stay in one place very long but I've heard rumors from a group that was leaving the city as I came talking about a mall. It's not much to look at but it probably was better before the End Days. I walk about the hallways that are overgrown with plant life. It's surprising i haven't encountered anyone or any Braineaters yet.
The place smells, but so does everywhere nowadays and I'm used to the smell at this point. There is a empty Seers next to a abandoned Pac-Sun but it really won't be helpful for me to get clothing, right now I need food and water

Remaining Food: 3 days
Remaining Clean Water: 1 day

I don't have much left and it seems like there's not much here. There are water fountains but it's most likely contaminated and not worth using. Not worth the risk anyways. Of Course I can't trust to be the only person here. You are never alone even if you feel lonely. That's rule #3. In every place there is a Zom-Head, a Survivor or an animal or a trap. And at any moment you could be caught off-guard.

The Grand Fool The Grand Fool .9echo1. .9echo1. DuchessofAdraelith DuchessofAdraelith Carson.aurore Carson.aurore Pastelmonkeys Pastelmonkeys april april Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre scram scram

I don't know if the day the deceased walked into town was the best or worse day of my life. It sure did change it though. I was lucky to already of have a thing for surviving. Or should I say an obsession. I spent hours in the library reading different tricks and stuff. I took my first first-aid course when I was 13 and on my fourteenth birthday my uncle taught me how to shoot and was teaching me how to track before the deceased arrived.

How did I survive? I don't really know. It definitely wasn't because of the dumb or ignorant leaders who thought they were invulnerable. Or for a certain crazy cult leader that cut off my left middle finger before releasing me for my trial. Fortunately I found resources and managed to survive.

Two years is a long time to roam. I started from the west coast all the way to the white house. I even managed to rekill deceased Congress man that looked like a total douche. But some how I have arrived at Columbus, Ohio. I don't have a destination in mind, and have been wandering for the last several months. Upon hearing from a small group of people camped outside the city that there was a mall that seemed to be well stoked still, I decided .to wander into town.

I immediately grimaced from the smell. I had spent most my days outside, so I wasn't too use to the smell of decaying flesh Undoubtedly the best course of action would be turn heel and just walk away. But I needed water. I have trained my body to last without food, but water was my weakness. Unsecuring my machete, I wandered the halls looking for fresh water. My boots were loud though, and I winced at the echoes that bounced from the empty walls. Good thing the deceased didn't have that good of hearing.

.9echo1. .9echo1. DuchessofAdraelith DuchessofAdraelith Carson.aurore Carson.aurore Pastelmonkeys Pastelmonkeys april april Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre scram scram SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back