• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Profile Pic upload bug

Giyari

Magical_Girl.exe
Roleplay Type(s)
So, every time I try to upload a profile picture that isn't square, it seems to upload as a thumbnail instead, a 1200x600 picture becoming around 200x100.

The maximum file size is set to 512 kb, and the max visual size to 170 pixels.  (I'm not sure whether that's height, width, or both, though, nor whether it just resizes the picture to those dimensions if it's too large.)  Try resizing your picture or saving it as a more compressed file type and uploading again?

Narp, no luck. I took some screenshots.

f7d78e13c96433ff61b7cfd768093d9b.png

Upload was 800x600, 321kb

bc72772902c73779532c305eca448979.png

Current profile pic, 500x500, 2476kb.

I mean, neither are the right size, but then that makes the "view full profile picture" feature negligible. 

Can you try one that is 170x170 and under 512kb?  If that works, we'll know where the problem is.  If not, we'll keep looking.

Compresss the shit out of that fucker, Giy. Or send me the files and I'll work my Photoshop magic when I get out of class.

The maximum file size is set to 512 kb, and the max visual size to 170 pixels.  (I'm not sure whether that's height, width, or both, though, nor whether it just resizes the picture to those dimensions if it's too large.)  Try resizing your picture or saving it as a more compressed file type and uploading again?

How do I know how many kilobytes an avatar has without downloading some program? For example, I was trying to find a new avatar and the majority didn't work because the images didn't tell me how many kilobytes they were, but rather their height and width (ex. 100x432).

How do I know how many kilobytes an avatar has without downloading some program? For example, I was trying to find a new avatar and the majority didn't work because the images didn't tell me how many kilobytes they were, but rather their height and width (ex. 100x432).

on your computer?

mac: select image look at info on right side

windows: right click + properties.  depending on os you can also open it then click ... and choose file info.

A lot of it has to do with file type, too. .jpgs are going to be a lot smaller than .pngs, for example, although (and because) they're lower quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back