• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Private with Sombra Arcana

Infinite Eclipse

Spell Castor
A long time ago the world was combined of four nations each having people who could bend certain elements. Each nation specialized in a different element. Everything was peaceful between the four nations until a rogue tribe in the fire nation attacked. They sought power and were determined to take over all the nations. The they succeeded in taking power in the fire nation and had most control over the others. The only one who could put an end to the tribe's reign of terror was the Avatar, the master of all four elements, but the problem was no one knew how to find him. All the nations were in tense relations now and not many benders liked to cross into different territory.

~~~

Breathless I stopped for a moment in a tree, but shortly my pursuers were back at it again. I jumped from the tree and ran as fast I could. The border with the Earth Nation was coming into view. If I can just get through there I can lose them. I jumped a fence and quickly passed the border. I looked over my shoulder to see the soldiers had called their horses to stop and turned around. I made it to a nearby town by sunrise exhausted.

The town was more earthy than the forested Fire Nation villages, which was pretty much a given. I had to conceal my fire bending over here which was going to be hard, but I could do it. I walked into a small Inn and asked for a room.

I had been working on the land for the longest time before the time had become noon. Working on the potato fields was a heavy task that only the few farmers on the land were given. I use my hand to clean up my brow from the sweat from the heat and decided to head out from the place as the job was done. It was a harsh day that day. The fire rogues had already advanced too close to the border between the Earth tribe of the Potato farmers and tension had been uprising on everyone in there.

He, being, a somewhat older Earth bender, decided to go to the inn to have a drink from the barman. The inn wass one of the few places in the village where some alcohol could be bought and since it was hot, it was a good idea. I always worked with a small cloak to cover myself from the heat. My skin was somewhat tanned with visible muscles. As I reached the inn, I headed for a seat and ordered some vodka.

(I posted a character sheet on the character sign up tab if you wanna check it out and add one of your own!)

I got a key to my room and went to the bar for a drink. I ordered a shot of whiskey and looked to my left to see a man around my age sitting not far from me. I was going to introduce myself, but then decided not to. I took the shot and placed the glass back on the counter. I'd successfully escaped the Fire Nation soldiers, but now I had to set out to find the Avatar and I haven't the faintest clue on where to look for him or her.

I drink the vodka from the glass and slowly gaze to my right. I have just seen a foreigner girl who came out from upstairs drinking some kind od beverage. My muscles tense a bit, but as I see she is not a hazard, I relax and look back to the bartender. "Joe, it seems today is my last day. Tomorrow I will be heading out to the Wind Shrine in the air continent. I will try to find the avatar in order to restore our crops and land's fertility to at its best, so it's better if I say my goodbyes". I said to the bartender as I step up and turn around to leave the place.

When I heard him say Avatar I jerked my head back to him. "Sir did you say you were searching for the Avatar? I'm Mikayla and I'm looking for him as well. Would you mind if I accompanied you?" I spoke politely and stuck out my hand for him to shake it. "I'm not from around here you see so I don't know the best path to take. Plus having to companion could be very helpful." This man seemed to know something and I was in great need of some knowledge right now. The rogue fire tribe has a tightening grip on the nations that is forcing people into poverty as well as other hardships. The tribe leader is a ruthless dictator who will stop at nothing to get what he wants and he must be stopped.

"Oh?" I stood still as I heard the strange foreigner talk. "So, you're a fellow Avatar searcher? It's so rare to find one these days". I stated as I analyzed the person in front of me. I didn't trust her fully, but anyone willing to find the avatar wasn't going to be a total evil person. "Indeed. I am searching his aide to fix the lifestyle that us, bordering villages, are being suffering from that fire nation. I know not all of them are at fault, but one can't find someone trustworthy these days." I used my muscley arm to stretch and shake her hand. "Vaas. Pleasure to mmeet you, ma'm. You can tag along, but be ready to face dangers and that is not an easy path to reach the Wind Shrine"

"You don't have to worry about me I can handle myself. When are you heading out?" I asked my exhaustion from running all night to escape the soldiers was taking its toll and I needed rest. "I've been traveling all night long so would you mind if I rested up a bit before we left?"

"I was planning to leave town tonight, but I guess I can wait till tomorrow, ma'm." I said as I looked at her weary face and her weakened and frail body. "You said you were running and escaping from soldiers...where exactly are you from, miss?". I asked out of curiosity, just to make sure she wasn't a spy. If that happened to be the case, i was ready to act and defend the village.

I mentally cursed myself for letting that bit of information slip. Well there was no hiding it now. She lowered her voice to where only he could hear her, "I'm from a village a few miles inside the Fire Nation. I was a soldier there, but I rebelled when Zota took over. Unluckily I was forced to work under his rule until yesterday when I escaped. I'm a fire bender sir." She hoped that he wouldn't think she was undercover for Zota the leader of the rogue fire tribe that was taking over.

"Interesting...". I said as I analyzed the information she had just given me. Staring at her lack of confidence and the way she ashamed herself of what she was, it seemed like a viable option to trust her for now. "I see. It's so nice to have a water bender visiting our lonely village! That's an amazing story! Joe, give her another glass of whiskey. Tab's on me." I said with a huge smile and as loud as possible to eliminate all suspicion on her. I then lowered my voice and whispered to her. "We leave at dawn. If you prove to me right on trusting you, I can become your best friend ever. If not, I can be quite ruthless". I smiled warmly

I smiled and downed the next shot. "Same goes for you. I wasn't one of the fire nation's top soldiers for being a pushover," she said quietly and stood up. "Thank you kind sir for the whiskey. I'll see you at dawn," she said and waved him goodbye before heading to her room where she fell asleep almost instantly.

[QUOTE="Infinite Eclipse]I smiled and downed the next shot. "Same goes for you. I wasn't one of the fire nation's top soldiers for being a pushover," she said quietly and stood up. "Thank you kind sir for the whiskey. I'll see you at dawn," she said and waved him goodbye before heading to her room where she fell asleep almost instantly.

[/QUOTE]
"Don't mind me. Have a good rest and a good night's sleep". I said with a huge grin as I left the bar and headed for my small house. I couldn't sleep that night, so I prepared a small cloak to cover my body from the sand and a small knapsack with provisions for the next few days. I also prepared clothing and two canteens, just in case. "This will be a hard trip towards the Wind Shrine" I said to myself.

The next day I woke before dawn and bought some food from the Inn to keep me fed for a while. I refilled a canteen from my bag that I had over my shoulder. I pulled a black cloak from the bag as well and put it on ready to face the harsh trip. Having already had clothing packed I headed outside the Inn and sat patiently waiting on the front steps for dawn to come.

As dam came to view, I stood up from my humble hammock and grabbed the things. I placed the cultural bracelts from the village on both my arms and legs and walked barefoot out towards the Inn. I saw the girl from before sitting on the porch waiting for me and I waved to her. "Quite an early bird! I'm happy that I decided to tag along with you on this trip. Are you ready to go? Are you missing something?"

I stood up when Vaas approached me at dawn. "You bet I'm ready, I think I've got everything," I said patting the bag that hung over my shoulder though it was covered by my cloak. "Shall we be on our way then?" I asked hands on my hips.

"Then it's time for us to leave this sandy village". I say with a grin as I begin to walk towards the east, where the sun was just beginning to rise. "We will have to cross almost all the Earth continent, the Water continent, some swamps and even transverse some difficult terrain before reaching the Wind Shrine. It might also mean that the Avatar isn't there. Let's keep our hopes up!" I said as I walked slowly and barefoot through the rocky ground.

I began to follow him over the rough ground. "I warn you that this journey may cause you more trouble than you are willing to take on or at least with me with you. Zota will be looking for me. He's wary of the Earth Nation's power right now so that may hold him off for a little while," I said looking down at his bare feet then looked at my own boot covered ones. The people of the Earth Nation are adjusted to walking barefoot on the rocks.

"I know that this trip might become more difficult by having you accompanying me, but let's be true about what this trip is. A person walking all the way to the Wind Shrine in search for the Avatar is already a declaration of war and a death sentence to the Fire Nation's rogues. It's a risk I am willing to take. And even if Zota comes here to get me, I'll bring him down. I decided to trust you, Miki". I stared at her boot-covered feet and shook my head. I could just hope her feet didn't get blisters from walking on those things all day long.

"Miki?" I said raising an eyebrow at her traveling companion. I adjusted my cloak over my red and black garb as a sharp gust of wind whipped dirt and grit into the air. I hated being in unfamiliar territory. My hair swirled around my face trying to escape from the tight fire emblem band keeping it up. Realizing the band would give away my origins I twisted it around so the emblem was not visible.

"Yes, Miki. It's the nickname I have given you and a way you can hide your true name if trouble comes." I smiled at her and continued walking down the desert towards the next village or city, which was long ways apart. "Did you bring sleeping equipment, because it might be days across the desert before we come to a city. There might be an oasis around somwhere here soon." I said as I grabbed a drink from the canteen, but was keeping an eye for the Earth's Nation guards and patrols.

"Smart thinking and no I didn't have time to grab any back in the village where I was stationed, but I'll survive," I said though I wasn't too thrilled about sleeping in the desert with no equipment. (Hey I'm going to be without internet for a week and won't be able to reply for some time I'm going on vacation)

( No problem at all. Have fun!!!)

"You can have mine. I'll be fine sleeping on the sand or the hard earth." I said as I was already prepared for this case scenario. It was not uncommon for Earth benders to sleep on the ground from time to time. "So, Miki, tell me more about yourself. If we're becoming traveling companions, I need to know who am I traveling with".

(Thanks today is my last day before I leave!)

I gave him a look as to say you don't have to do that, but I didn't object. "Well I was born and raised in the Fire Nation by my aunt, because my parents died in some kind of border dispute. They were soldiers. When I found out I was a fire bender I knew immediately I wanted to follow in their footsteps and fight for my country. When I became of age I joined the Fire Nation ranks and after hard work moved up to one of the highest positions that is until Zota took over and placed his goons in my spot," I told him a finger on my lip as I thought about everything. "Other than that what would you like to know?"

Well, I had in mind more like about yourself. What do you like? What do you dislike? I want to get along and not distrust you, Miki. I said as we continued walking around the desert. The scent of fresh water and a cold breeze could be felt close which meant that the first oasis and out first resting spot was close. I liked to feel how the vibrations of the earth communicated that there were no enemies close to the site.

(Have a lot of fun)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back