• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [Private] El Stories

After watching Lento trying to move the spell traps into a different location, Xavier saw something moving at the corner of his eye from on top of a building. He shifted his attention to the building and spotted a shadow jumping to the next building.

"Eosforos, I saw shadows moving from there..." Xavier said, gesturing towards the top of the buildings.

"Huh? That's rather interesting...you can go ahead and check what's going on up there. I thought those buildings were vacant because of the state they were in but I may be wrong. Perhaps the demon commander has more under his sleeves. Proceed with caution, Xavier," Eosforos said with a small nod of his head.

Xavier nodded his head and ran off to inspect the buildings. After leaving the group, he couldn't help but feel like a pair of eyes were on him. He tried to ignore it but in the end, he turns his head to see the same small dragon watching him from afar. What bothers him more was that the black dragon was doing the same, his one eye was steady and unbreaking. Xavier almost wants to turn and demand what was the issue, though he was so distracted that he ran into the waiting siren.

Xavier had to use his tail to anchor himself back from falling, the tail's tip stabbing into the ground and a faint blue line of el energy slightly glowed as they kept Xavier steady from falling over. He as well got a hold of the siren so she wouldn't fall back as well, grumbling quietly to himself that he couldn't get distracted. After getting themselves a steady balance, Xavier's tail releases away from the ground and he took a couple of steps back.

"Apologies," Xavier bluntly grunted. He quickly glanced back at the dragons to see if they were still staring but they look in a different direction, talking to those who happen to walk by. He sighed harshly and look back at the girl, frowning. "...it's not necessarily wise to wear that outfit," Xavier grumbled, unaware yet who he was talking to. "Excuse me." Yet as Xavier wants to focus more on the unknown shadows, he wasted no more time to get around her and continue to walk briskly towards the abandon buildings.

Heavengiver Heavengiver

Elesis
The commander was taken a little by surprise by what the robot told her and saw for a minute a glimpse of her past. She smiled and nodded. "If you feel better now, Alec, your help would be appreciated if demons come around. For now, we're just on the watch." She took her hand off the robot's head and said with a nostalgic smile "I just think you're very earnest, Alec. It's a...demonstration of my appreciation for that. You can't do it with everyone though."

She took her sword back and went back to the centre of the defences they had put up. A soldier came to deliver her a message from what was going on inside. They were bombs everywhere set by a demon spy. She frowned and listened to how the forces were being handled, surprised to hear about Lento's ingenious plan.

Any movement on her part would trigger more suspicions on the demons' side and maybe hinder Lento's plan. She decided to tell Alec to go back to the refugee base, accompanied by a knight, in order to keep an eye if anything was going on. After watching the Nasod go, she turned her gaze into the calm horizon and wondered if her brother felt the same fear when the rebels were lurking around every corner.

NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029

"I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to what's going on around here," Phantom answered as his tongue flicked again. He felt his goddess's feathers ruffle at how cryptic the man was being, especially about her. Her agitation made Phantom want to hiss and pull at his hair. "But I didn't expect you to take such in an interest in me, a priest."

You're without your staff, child. Healing his wounds would be complicated...if you actually follow through with healing him.

Why not? The only thing I have against him is that he's suspicious...so far, I have no qualms about healing him. It also helps to distract him while Lento does what he needs to do. How complicated are we talking?

You'll have to do it all by hand. I'll influence my magic as you're wrapping his wounds so the material can act as a staff substitute. It'll be more draining for you. I hope this will have you not be so careless with your staff next time.

No. If it's going to drain me, I'd prefer to just do it all by hand without any magic.

Very well. And about his questions?

The truth is sometimes very deceiving, especially if he expects me to lie or be partly truthful.

Just...be careful. He's being treated as very dangerous, and he is easily getting under our skin.

"I've been a healer all my life, but I converted to my current goddess a while ago," The priest said as he glanced over at the "refugee," "And unfortunately, she's not as popular as she used to be. Why do you ask? You want to convert? If not, I think you have much more interesting things to share, especially since you seem to be familiar with my strange habit."

Fume Fume

"Familiar you say? I guess you can say that. To be honest with you, I hate those divine beings we call gods, a very big grudge you could say. So you asking to convert me, I can't say nothing more than that you offend me!

But my good priest, I'm a lenient than most would expect and I forgive you, for you did not know about it. Now don't disregard my hate for nothing! I know quite a great deal about them, despite my ill intentions to them. I know the gods that have fallen, that have risen, that have mislead, that have bequeath their praise and power, and that have made more mistakes than they were before.

For you see, I'm what you call a researcher of the old. I've sought legends, myths, old tales and stories alike to the most prominent detail! And I'm absolutely certain that what they are told in songs and the passage of time... are nothing more than fabrications." This earned the priests attention to him.

"For you see, even these beings are able to fruitfully mislead someone just to survive. I mean no offense in your faith and everything that you stand for!

But have you ever questioned your goddess to how she became into power? No doubt you haven't, for if you did they might tell you something with conviction or being uncertain of how they came to be.

Every god comes from somewhere. There are no simple pop ups from nowhere, for everything exists for a reason. That's why I've searched for the answer relentlessly without rest, a few times I was attacked even for being close to the truth from beings up above!

That's then when I found the answer, something that might shake you to your core dear priest. Ask yourself, what is a god truly? Are they defined by their appearance? By their power? By their religion? By their following?

The answer is there somehow, but you can't comprehend it. Did a god simply appeared and used their influence onto others? Or are they the ascended people that grew too powerful and such entered a incorporeal state?

For years, I've looking into it, maybe even decades and yet I have not found the true answer to them, however I did found a lead. Something that explains everything to me to detail and for that, I made a deal with someone that had all the knowledge of everything.

My friend, I know every god from A to Z from their ways to their appearance and abilities, because there is a god for everything, however their light have been extinct for millennia or perhaps eons ago. Because of my knowledge and such, I've been granted the ability to sense divine energy, and you carry such a small light of it that I've got curious.

Ah, but maybe you do not like the words of someone that can be considered a heretic, right? But my words have weight into them. How much do you know your goddess? How deep does your faith reach? Has she asked you to trust her even though you know so little of the truth? And the most important of all, has she been lying to you or to herself? You'd be surprised by how many don't even realize that they've strayed the path that they once walked.

But I digress and have talked too much. Look we even reached the infirmary! If you could simply use your magic, I would truly appreciate, after all, the demons truly went ahead and cursed even armors to be tightly around our bodies, never to take them off again... A sad fate for us..." What Dust said was mostly true, but he lied for a few things so that the priest wouldn't catch on to him, like his armor. He changed his tone at the end to sound depressing, before sitting down on a vacant table to rest for a bit.

Phant0m Phant0m

Alec

"Thank you for the explanation." Alec said, soon after he picked up his blade as Elesis recieved some sort of message from a knight who walked in, when Alec looked at her facial expression he could see a bit of discomfort. He could see that a lot was on her mind, with all that is going on he could see that leadership was greatly needed and they are relied on her for it, she was young, most of the older knights held the trust of the younger ones but when he looked at how the knights looked at Elesis they seemed to have a bit of hesitation. When Elesis looked back at him and asked of him to return to the refugee camp the knight that was assigned to Alec had a relieved expression on his face. "They don't trust her completely." Alec thought.

While walking back to the refugee camp with the knight Alec asked him a question. "What do I think of the commander?" he repeated. Alec nodded his head, the knight rubbed his chin for a little bit, "I mean it's thanks to her this nation exists but she's young ya know? She hasn't been in any major battles, honestly other than her power nobody's really seen her show us what she can do from war room." the knight said.

Indeed Elesis was young, asking the older knights or new recruits to believe in someone like her is too much to ask for in this time of need.

"I see potential, I don't know what it is but...I've put my blade in her hands. I believe she'll be the key in defending Velder." Alec looked at the refugee camp up ahead, If defending this place can lighten her worries. Then I'll not waver. Alec could not hesitate, to protect this place that all these people called home, Alec will become there sword and shield. "A wolf protects it's pack."

MementoDei MementoDei

Phantom nodded as he silently listened, and he flinched when the suspicious man uttered "heretic." Once they entered the infirmary the priest walked over to one of the other staff-wielding medics to borrow their staff.

My child what are you doing? That wasn't what I suggested!

He didn't respond as he returned to the man and gestured for him to take a seat on the cot beside him. "A shame, but luckily my magic is flexible," Phantom finally said as he gave the staff in his hand a brief look-over. It didn't have a gem on the top, but it was adorned with an outstretched wing of white-gold and a blue metal. A color scheme that made the priest sneer down and bile rise in his throat for a moment, "It seems my listlessness this morning had me misplace my staff, but this one will do if only for this one moment."

No, it will not. Your magic is from me and that is not my staff.

Phantom still didn't respond to Xiopetec as he twirled the staff in his hand and he muttered a phrase he'd never thought he would ever say again. He hissed as his hands burned as they continued to hold the staff, and his skin had grown a little paler as his snake eye glowed a dull fuchsia before that snake eye turned into a duller yellow color as he continued to mutter a few more phrases. The white-gold wing started to glow a dull ice-blue and Phantom drew in the air a healing circle that the other medics' jaws dropped. They recognized it, it was one that healers of Ishmael use. The dull aura brushed its healing properties over the 'refugee,' and Phantom dropped the staff as soon as the symbol died.

"Traitor....traitortraitortraitor-" Xiopete started to shrilly say before Phantom went into a coughing fit to cut her off.

He swayed a bit on his feet and he looked down to his hands. They were a bright red and starting to blister, and he wouldn't be surprised if these burns left scars behind. He was more concerned with the specs of blood decorated on his palms. It seemed that switching back to Ishmael's magic after years of only Xiopetec's in his system...well, his body was definitely not used to the strain. And Phantom just felt tired, coughing again and swallowing down his nausea. "I hope that helped." The priest started to shiver a bit, and the medic he borrowed the staff from ran towards him.

"You don't look well at all," She said as she put her hand on his forehead and she shouted over her shoulder, "Prepare a bed for him! And get something cold! He has a fever!" She turned back to Phantom. "Are you feeling nauseous?"

"Are burn blisters suppose to be that color?" He questioned as he stared down at his hands that were starting to purple.

"We need an antidote! You! Help me move him! He's starting to become dead weight thanks to the poison in his system! His tissues are dying and we don't have much time! Move it move it move it!"

A pair of medics dragged Phantom away and his consciousness started to leave him.

You and I are going to have a very big talk, Phantom. You know I don't take kindly to betrayal, Xiopetec hissed as the priest's world faded to black.

Fume Fume

"Using another goddess' magic... Has my words truly made an impact into him or has his goddess made him doubt her. Whatever the case, he made up his mind when he tried to heal me with that disgusting magic." He thought to himself as he got up and flicked his neck, cracking it in the process.

"That felt good..." Looking at the ground and saw how the staff had the priests bloody marks, trying so desperately to heal him. "Hmm... Perhaps, I should stay, even if it's for a while longer. After all, he might want to learn more. Not to mention, I may be restricted for sometime, if I was approached that easily." He casually started to follow the medics as they entered a tent and started tend to him, while Dust grabbed a chair and sat down, waiting for the procedure to finish and let the poor man rest.

Phant0m Phant0m

Eosforos
The angel watched the brave blacksmith removing all the spell marks from the area, rather impressed that he could do so much. Of course, he can tell that Lento wasn't holding out so well despite with the help from the others. He would help, but Eosforos was curious about how much he could really handle. Plus, he didn't want to force any healing that could possibly do the complete opposite on his body. After Lento was finished with his task, the man suddenly fainted after coughing out a rather decent amount of blood. The lizardmen have to catch him so his body won't hurt any further more from going limp.

"Nicely done, we should be safe for now. Lento here done an excellent job in which is fairly impressive. We should get him to the infirmary so he can rest up as much as he can. Very well deserved," Eosforos said.

"..." Aisha gave Eosforos a strange stare as she felt a bit out of place for using up her mana to keep Lento strong. Even the lizardman had slight difficult to hold up Lento as they used their strength to keep him healthy.

"You know what, Yullr and I can carry him there," Eosforos offered with a smile on his face. The lizardmen glanced at each other and reluctantly let the angel get a hold of Lento. Eosforos had Lento's arm over his shoulder and beckoned Yullr to help out. The elf eventually got a hold of the other side of Lento so they were able to carry him alright.

"Hey, where did Xavier went off to...?" Aisha questioned the angel, causing Eosforos to look back at her.

"...oh! He saw something suspicious and I asked him to check on it. Towards those abandon buildings. I can only pray that it was merely a large bird and nothing else but that," Eosforos answered with a nod. "Come on, elf, the faster we have Lento in bed, the faster we can see our special visitor." Both carried Lento away so the man can rest up for the day, leaving Aisha to ponder what Xavier had seen from the buildings.

MementoDei MementoDei

Xavier
Xavier made it to the empty buildings, jumping over broken blocks of bricks and wood. He went ahead to scale up one of the building to get a high point view, his claws stabbing into the hard materials that kept the building up with his feet pushing him further ahead. He took his time with this, as he didn't want to look like he was rushing to see who could ever be hiding out here. Seconds later, Xavier finally reached to the top, first taking a peek on the top area of the building before climbing himself in.

It was first, quiet up here. Only the wind blowing and a flag flapping close by was what he heard. It didn't discourage him to take a further look around from above. After taking a couple of steps forward, that is when he heard it. Whispers of demons talking to each other. Xavier slowed himself down to pinpoint where they are, making sure to focus only on the whispers. He eventually took in a few steps and there they are, four demons scattered about on the buildings below to where he stands. They don't seem to detect him, not at all. Xavier squinted as he listens a bit more into their whispers, realizing that they were repeating the same phrase to one and other. What bothers him more though was how close they were from the city. Demons shouldn't get this far, especially four archers. From the looks of it, they even have their bows out and arrows out for aim. Xavier knew he must get rid of them, but before he does so, he heard his name being called out.

"Xavier?"

Xavier held his breath as the four demons snap out of their phase to look whoever called him out. Xavier had to look as well, feeling irritated as someone blew up his chance to kill off the four archers. His glare sharpened when it was a dragon, Athena. He had no idea what Athena possibly want from him and he swiftly glanced back at the archers to see what they'll do. To his surprise, the archers immediately aimed when Athena got closer as the dragon doesn't seem to be aware of them. Xavier believed he saw something strange covering around the arrow points and turn back to Athena in alarm. He doesn't understand why he felt the sudden fear creeping up on his spine, knowing that the demons had something for this dragon.

"Wait, stop," Xavier demanded, tensing up as Athena squinted at him in confusion. Eosforos told him that dragons were dangerous creatures and could never be trusted because of their greed and desire for many things, yet he felt fearful of what will happen next.

The arrows went off, aiming right at Athena. The four arrows hit in various of areas on her body, the dragon snapping back in reaction and letting out a surprised yelp. She finally noticed the demons and snap her attention back to Xavier, almost a mix of hurt and anger. Xavier got a feeling, the strangest feeling, that this was set up against him. He looks back at the archers once again and blinks as he sees them running away from them, jumping onto the buildings and getting further away.

"Hey!" Xavier yelled at them, wanting to hunt them down. Yet the dragon's condition was concerning him a bit more. Before he could demand why the dragon was following him here, his eyes widen to see the dragon's hand reached out to him. He jumped back to dodge and another hand slammed into the building to get a better hold of the blocks.

Athena basically jumped onto the building and from the looks of it, in anger. "Xavier...you..." Athena spat out, her eyes wide with a mix of fear and anger.

There was a strange squeeze around his heart as he saw Athena's expression change, looking more fearful and angry for every second. Her pupil went into sharp slits and she lunges forward with her jaws open to bite. Xavier jumped away and realizing that the building was collapsing under the dragon's weight. He scrambled off the roof to get onto the other building and Athena fell down along with the tall building. She was swift to get back on her feet and her eyes search around rapidly for Xavier. Xavier was going to get away from a safe distance as he felt like he was losing his footing though Athena let out a shrill screech which Xavier nearly fell over from the ear-piercing sound. He held his hands up to his ears, trying to block out the sound as his teeth gritted together. Xavier felt the floor slightly crumble, telling him that Athena was inching closer to get him.

He took in a deep breath before releasing his hands from his ears and holding out an open palm towards the skies. "Terror Rain." The moisture in the air started to solidify into sharp ice shards and they start to pummel against Athena.

Athena's shriek was cut short as the magic attack hits her hard, dealing cuts and turning the atmosphere cold. The dragon backed up and used her wings to block out the shards as she hissed in pain. Xavier saw his chance to jump down to the ground level, creating a solid ice slide to guide him down to safety. Athena noticed the rain of shards had stopped and let out an angry growl as she shook her wings and whip around to face Xavier who stands on the ground floor. Xavier did not understand why Athena was so aggressive, having almost like no control of herself. She had a scary look on her face, showing off the true monster she is as her six eyes glaring him down on him. It was very intimidating but Xavier won't let it scare him. His hands closed into a fist and Athena let out a roar at him before charging forward.

Lento

The blacksmith's mind found itself surrounded in darkness after the last bomb was teleported away from the town. He vaguely felt some hands carry him, but even those sensation quickly vanished under the pitch-black space that surrounded him.

A small blue light tore the heavy mantle of darkness that clouded his sight and he extended his hand towards it. The light grew around him and a vision of a technological town replaced the blinding light. Lara sat on top of a rooftop next to a small wisp of green light. She bore the marks of one of Henir's followers, but her eyes were still full of life.

"...I see, so that's why they forgot you again. Yet, you want to help them, isn't that right?....That'll be the same as betraying Ishmael, you know?... No, no, I actually want to do the same as you. Henir can be quite the ruthless man and I don't share his ideals either...Alright, Ain, I'll intervene on your behalf. I'm also tired of this senseless sacrifice the El puts on everyone... Diceon ore, huh? That mineral gives me a bad vibe...I know, I know, it's our only choice. That's why I'll try, for all of us....I didn't join the group you followed because I just get very scared when it comes to aiding mortals in their quests....It's not like that, Ain. I fear what Henir might force me to do to them...Right now, he's given me more freedom, so don't worry...Ainrad, don't go there. You don't know what she will do in order to give you back your human vessel...That's why I will take care of everything, so please don't worry. This world will soon be liberated from its shackles. I'll protect the future we both want, I'll protect your friends as if they were my own comrades, no matter what. I won't let anyone die, not even you...Why so surprised?...Well, uhm, you do remind me of him and I can't help to feel that, like, you know...Wait what? Since when?...I-I thought that by giving all your power to Ishmael you had lost your emotions...I don't know what Ishmael can or can't do, Ok?!...Well, that's a little hard to answer. I think that since we began to talk a bit more, I began to feel a certain resemblance... Well, you told me you decided to throw your human side away, so I decided to...damn, this is awkward, I didn't think that...Is it really the same kind of feeling for you?...haha, you're a terrible liar, you know that?...That's true, but you can't fool another immortal!...Ainrad, maybe when the fight is over, we could see if this romantic nostalgia can change with time... Like I said, I'll find a way for both to exist independently from them, so-...I-it was just an idea, no need to take it that seriously, jeez!... Ok. That's a small plan I'm willing to accept from you...Well...Ahem, I'd better get going. May Yggdrasil bless you."

Lento quickly understood that he was looking at Lara's remaining memories. The image of Lara got up and his vision changed to one where she stood in front of a gigantic structure made of a very powerful mineral. She was in shock while the rest of humans around her were smiling, proud of their new accomplishment.

"No...No. Stop this! What are you doing?! This...this is barbaric! Solace, please stop this! Elsword, Aisha, Rena, don't you feel what's wrong with this atrocity?! Can't you hear the wails of all these souls?"

She took a black-haired man by the shoulder and shook him as her desperate gaze went from right to left, looking for anyone to react, but they only frowned at her. They all pushed her back, as if she was insane.

"Don't you get it?! Diceon! Diceon! That's the wrong pronunciation of the real name of this grave you're using to do the same you loath Ishmael for. Die Sünder, The sinners. You're torturing the souls of all prisoners Ishmael condemned for millennia to-"

A small crack began to form in the crystal and Ishmael's spirit appeared at the centre of it accompanied by a man with long blue hair.

"Ain..?" she muttered as the goddess laughed at her.

"You're very impressive, twisted Soul Priestess, but this is as far as your little plan will go. Diceon's potential is only a power I will use to empower the El once and for all. You have my thanks for activating it, it brought back my most useful servant, Ainchase, the Ritcher. Now, please die for the sake of this world!"

Lara fell to her knees and stared at Ain as the Diceon began to emit a deadly poison that killed the whole El Search Party in the blink of an eye. "Ain...didn't you say that your existence had to be more than that of a simple tool? You promised me you'd fight her will! Why?!"

The man got in front of her and took out Ishmael's most powerful weapon. "Lara Tureen, Henir's most powerful underling. You are opposing the goddess, prepare to die for your sins by her sacred power."

Tears began to roll down Lara's face and her face was distorted by hatred. Lento could hear her thoughts, she was cursing Ain's betrayal, cursing Ishmael and Solace for being nothing more than monsters. At some point, Henir's voice echoed in her mind.

It's time, Soul Priestess, that you and I completed our contract. You shall become the incarnation of my will on this world, for I will bring freedom to everyone you cherish. Ainrad lost his free will the moment the El was stabilized, but I can free him. Just accept my full power and you'll save him.

It's all over... I can't bring him back...I accept, Henir. You are the god I offered my soul to. I will become the true God's will. Jussu Dei.

An explosion of Dark energy countered Ain's power and Lara's gaze became as cold as Lento had known it. She destroyed the Diceon structure and absorbed all its power. She formed a thousand daggers of ominous energy and impaled Ishmael with them. The goddess fell and Ain's hair began to turn grey, he came back to his senses and was shocked to see Lara unleash such a destructive power in the name of Henir.

"Lara...was this your solution? Is this the freedom you seek to give the world we live in? Or is this...your revenge for what Ishmael made me do?"

Lara turned around and coldly told him. "Freedom comes when you destroy everything that is tied to a God's will." She knelt down as Ain's body began to vanish. "Ain, you're part of Ishmael's underlings, but now that she is dead, you'll reach freedom. I don't resent you at all. Henir has only opened my eyes to the essence of freedom."

"Lara, did you even mean what you said back then? At this rate, we'll both die. Look at yourself! Henir's power is destroying you too!..Lara, this is not... this is not how I want to be free with you. This is not freedom, this is mere and pointless destruction. The very same destruction we stood against for all these years."
"There's nothing more liberating than death, Ainrad. This world will return to the Void, where all things turn to nothing, where all things are free!" She smiled, with her arms extended towards the sky as everything was being consumed by the Void summoned through the Diceon's power. After Ain vanished, a final thought crossed her mind before she was also destroyed by the Void.

God knows how many times I've tried...but why does it have to end like this? What am I missing? Ainrad...why did you turn back towards the El when you knew she would control you again? Once again...true freedom is too costly for this world. It's a lost cause. I can't seize it, no one can.

Lento returned to the dark void where the small blue light transformed itself into Lara's silhouette and slowly vanished into a thin mist. Her knowledge of magic and the power of the gods flashed before his eyes. He felt like he was learning everything there was to know in the blink of an eye. All her suffering allowed her to know so much, it allowed the expansion of the most important inter-dimensional library. It had indirectly helped Dust, who still took that knowledge for mere words instead of what they were: the crystallized suffering of Lost Souls like Lara. She wished to see a ray of hope after all that suffering, but history never stopped to go around in circles. The Sinners, the Angels, the El Masters, the Priestesses, everyone was tied to the world's destruction. Yet, Lara had a small dream of hope.

...Is that what you want me to accomplish, Lara? Break fate itself?

Last edited:
Alec

"I've never seen a nasod before..." A child said, when Alec looked down at her, he saw a small girl surrounded by a few of her friends. They had all gathered around Alec in curiosity. Alec didn't know what to say, the knight who had accompanied him had gone to report to this posts current command. That left Alec with nobody to talk to, that was until these kids showed up. "Hey, hey. Are you all alone?" The girl asked tugging at his coat, Alec nodded his head, "Yes, I am all alone. Why do you ask?" Alec got down on one knee to meet the girls gaze. "Well, for a while now we've been watching you, you seemed all alone walking down the street." She said, I guess from an outsiders perspective Alec did seem lonely, but really he was getting to know the features of the area encase demons struck.
"Hey do you wanna play with us robot?" The boy with a ball in his hand asked as he threw it directly at Alec's face, with ease he caught the ball in his hand and inspected it, "This robot has a name, it's Alec." He said as he stood up juggling the ball in his hand, "How do you do this 'play' you speak of?" He asked, when he did the children began to laugh at his remark, Alec tilted his head not understanding what was so funny.

Fighting a rampaging dragon is a task to not handle lightly. They can be very unpredictable, and often their strengths are doubled when fueled by anger. Majority of the time, Xavier was leading Athena away from the city so the people won't have to be injured from her rampage. Yet the longer they fight, the stronger Athena was getting and she doesn't seem to look tired at all from chasing Xavier around. He began to question what exactly was on those arrows before they pierced into Athena's scales. They were covered in some sort of powder or liquid, in which affects Athena greatly to make her go mad.

Xavier dodged to the side to avoid a claw swipe and he took a deep breath. He can see the arrows still on her, stuck between her scales. It was definitely best to slay her now so he doesn't feel too tired on his end. "El Drake!" Xavier yelled as he danced into a fighting stance with his fingers curled, a flow of blue electricity starting to form around him. The electricity builds up in which takes the form of a dragon, looming over Xavier with its claws out for battle and letting out a mighty roar which sounds more like a soundwave of electricity.

Athena was slightly taken back from this, her eyes shifted into slight shock before anger replaced it. It looks like she was intimidated for a moment and let out a snarl before flapping out her wings in an attempt to blow away the energy. Yet this energy was building up around Xavier's tail, the form shifted slightly to fight against the wind and it let out what it sounds like a taunting snarl. Xavier charges in as Athena was taking a few steps back, ready to take her down. Athena started to swing her body around to use her tail to swap him away but she was slower than before, the air around her felt thin and cold. It started to sting her muscles. Xavier jumped forward to grab a hold of her wing and swinging himself over to Athena's neck. He landed around her neck, Athena started to shake around fast, bumping into buildings and growling in frustration. Xavier dug his claws to have a better grip, her scales were chipping for every push he would make to climb near her head. Athena started to aim her head towards a building so she could rub him off of her yet Xavier made a gesture with his arms, trying to wrap around her head and pulling back. The dragon almost wanted to laugh at the lame attempt yet her taunts were cut short when the electricity was doing the same, gripping her jaws and successfully pulling her head back. She grunted, her wings flapping hard yet they were slowly becoming weak from how cold it was getting around her. After a frustrated roar, she slowly was off the ground, going in random directions as Xavier was wrestling around to bring her back down. Athena opened her jaws to let out her shriek yet Xavier grabbed hold of her horn to pull her in a different direction and tightening up his grip. The electric dragon followed the same, yanking on Athena's horn on the top of her head and having an arm around her throat, squeezing her. Athena started to head off into the different direction, starting to choke for air and falling down to the buildings.

It was a harsh fall as Xavier nearly fell off from the dragon yet he had his tail to keep him steady on her. The electricity of the dragon was starting to wear off and he knows he needs to act quick. Before he could do anything else, his heart skipped a beat when he spotted a ball rolling down the street. It was being chased by a bunch of kids along with what it seems to be a robot. Xavier was distracted and suddenly Athena started to shift, hissing in pain yet still kicking. She struggling to get on her hind legs before starting to roll. Xavier knew now he needs to get off, releasing his hold on her neck and jumping away from the direction she was rolling. Dust and dirt picked up as she destroyed other small buildings in the way of her rolling. She eventually crawls back on her feet after realizing Xavier wasn't on her anymore and shook her head to shake off the debris she picked up with her horn.

Xavier turns towards the frightened children, realizing he landed on their ball that was popped/squashed from his landing. The electricity dragon leered towards the children as the robot seem to take a defensive stance in reaction to the mess. Xavier focused back to Athena who was starting to recover from the fall and growled deeply at them, her fangs flashing. "Get away from here!" Xavier demanded them before running back to Athena. "Sub Zero!" Xavier got himself at a safe distance, rather barely, as he thrust his gauntlets to the ground.

Immediately, cold wind blew over and covered the area around him, freezing over any objects and the ground. Athena hissed from the cold, taking steps back yet roared in pain when the second attack came through. Icicles erupted from the affected area, piercing into Athena from where she stands over the freezing area. The dragon felt pain throughout her veins, the cold temperature was too much for her to handle. Almost as if her prayer was answered, the icicles shattered on their own, spitting ice shards all around. Despite being able to move, she was badly hurt from the icicles, even feeling a hint of electricity zapping through her body. Her arms got weak and she started to near over, breathing heavy yet the fire didn't die out of her eyes yet. Xavier frowned at the dragon's determination to live on, starting to take steps forward to finish her off for good. The electricity crackled menacingly, the energy was building up in its claws as they were going to finish her off.

Xavier raised up his hands which was coated with el energy and lunged forward at the fallen dragon. To his surprise, he didn't land on the yellow dragon but a red one, who roared in pain from the attack as the electricity dragon slammed down its claws into the victim, stinging its nerves as Xavier's claws were doing the same damage. He wasn't sure who exactly jumped in but he felt the immense heat building up from this beast which Xavier had to forcefully stop himself to step away. He slid back, thanks to the frozen areas on the ground and dodged down from the flames that spat out at him. The electric dragon was hit though, causing it to roar in surprise and disappear from existence.

The flames died out as quick as it came, Xavier looking back up to see that it was Aragorn who protected Athena. He looked furious, fangs baring at him in anger. Xavier was about to get back up yet he kneeled back down, feeling drained out now that he was given a brief break from using his mana. The staff around his belt glowed and Xavier took it out, letting it extend out and used it to help him get back on his feet.

"What is wrong with you?! What are you doing to Athena?!" Aragorn yelled at Xavier, his hand curled to slam down on the ground in anger. "Who in the hell you think you are?!"

Xavier glared at Aragorn as the dragon's anger was building up but glanced back at Athena who was slowly getting back up. Aragorn subconsciously followed Xavier's gaze and his eyes went wide when Athena suddenly lunged at him, her jaws snapping. The red dragon fell over as Athena got him pinned down, hissing at him as salvia build up around her mouth.

"A-Athena?!" Aragorn yelled in surprise. "It's me, Arag-grrr!" Athena slammed down her hand on his snout, pushing him down to the ground and stopping him from talking.

Athena doesn't seem to react to his words at all, forcing him to bare his neck for her as she had a hungry look. Xavier saw his chance, knowing what he will do will put a lot of strain on him. He held up his staff, focusing his el energy on his weapon to create a spear at the top of it. He aimed towards Athena's most damaged injury, around her chest area. Xavier gathered as much energy he can possibly get, feeling his steps falter before inching closer for better aim. Aragorn growled deeply as he tried to shake her off and stopped when realizing what Xavier was going to do. He started to yell in anger, roughly fighting back as Athena did her best to keep him down. She even started to let out her ear-piercing shriek, causing Aragorn to go tense and Xavier nearly goinXavideath until he finally threw his spear. The spear sliced through the air from the power Xavier sent it through, stabbing deep in Athena's chest and her shriek was cut off. She started to cough out blood, already bleeding from numerously of places around her body and eventually she let go of Aragorn. From there, her gaze changed from anger to pain, stepping back away from the two. Xavier changed how the dragon shifted her gaze between the two, unfocused and her eyes started to go blank, one by one.

For a moment, Xavier thought he heard his name from the dying dragon, just rolling off her tongue yet his ears were ringing. He held his hand up to his head as a headache was building up, kneeling back down. He pushed himself a bit too much from there and Aragorn didn't budge where he laid, watching how Athena falls over, heaving out her last breath before leaving the world. The red dragon stayed still as a wave of emotions was hitting against him, unsure what just happened there. Xavier sighed heavily, feeling his eyes were wet for some reason but he ignores them. The danger finally passed, that's all it mattered.

Alec

Alec held the children close. He feared for their safety, when a young man told them to run Alec rushed the children to leave, they noticed that Alec wasn't following, he faced them with a smile, Alec seen mothers do this to their children during the evacuation and it seemed to calm them down. "Don't worry, It's my duty to watch over this area." Alec said as he held onto the blade at his side. When he reached the point that the young man and the dragons fell to he saw the giant dragon laying down lifeless, not far was a red dragon that just stared onward in shock, when he turned his attention to the young man he looked at his expression. He seemed to be pained by what happened, did this creature and the boy know each other? Alec could see the pain in the boys eyes but as well he could see that he was clouded.

Alec walked over to the corpse of the dragon and looked at the destruction all around him. He saw the refugees coughing, fleeing from the destruction, others assisting those that were injured. That feeling of anger once again consumed Alec, Elesis had trusted him to try and keep this area safe, but for the one instance that Alec looked away this happened he walked towards the head of the dragon, examining it's body and the injuries it suffered, "Why do these things happen to the innocent, why must all this chaos happen to people who seek to live peacefully?" Alec said as he got down on one knee, when he took a closer look he saw a tear streaming down it's face, for some reason this made Alec press his hand against the dragons face, feeling no warmth from it. This sight hit Alec with a sudden sadness, "Seems she wasn't any different from these people...she wanted peace, what caused this to happen I don't know but...she never meant harm is what I believe." In an instant, blue particles flowed through Alec's hand that was pressed on the dragons face, the particles consumed the dragons entire body and with a gust of wind blowing by the particles flew off, looking like a winter snow fall. Alec was taken back by this, he didn't know what he had done but the display was beautiful he could hear the red dragon shuffle around and a gasp from the young man behind him. "Rest in Peace...Dragon.." Alec said, clapping his hands together.

When he got back up Alec turned his attention to the young man, "I don't know what your relationship with that dragon was but it seemed like neither of you wanted this outcome, now that it's over with I ask that you leave. Your actions have just risked the welfare of these people, they've just lost one of the few places they could call home. Because of your actions they lost another one, so please, leave." Alec said, his anger still present. Right now he felt he would draw out his blade if the young man showed anymore hostility, but he knew he needed to save his energy for his true enemy at this moment. The demons.

Late Late

His ears were still ringing, unsure what the robot exactly said to him but he manages to hear the word, "leave". Xavier started to frown, the cold stare returning back to him as he slowly got up. He felt like he has enough energy to move around now, his hands slightly shaking due to the fight. Xavier first walks over where Athena once was, picking up his staff that seems to gather enough mana. Probably when it pierced through the heart it started to absorb. It transported the mana through Xavier, feeling like he regained back a majority of his energy before it minimized itself to fit in his belt.

He was about to leave until something shiny caught his eye. It made him take a couple of steps back to see what it was. A large, golden gem that seems to contain an interesting amount of power from what Xavier detected. He blinks at this, bending over to pick it up. This was new to him, almost as if there was a strange link between this gem and the dragon that just died. He didn't bother to say anything about it but only held it in his hands and started to head back to base, his tail swaying around.

Aragorn wanted to say something, but the red dragon was lost for words. He wasn't sure what he was going to even tell to Cornelius. Or to anyone really. As much as he wants to be angry, he couldn't find the reason. Xavier did protect Aragorn in the end as he ended Athena's life. Something strange happened to Athena yet now there wasn't any evidence to check as the body was gone. In frustration, Aragorn slammed down his fist.

NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029

As Xavier left, he casually headed over to the infirmary as his ears were hurting him. He held the gem close to him, wondering if Eosforos knows anything about it. Once he entered the infirmary, he was pleased to see Eosforos checking out on the other injured patients. The angel looked up to see Xavier, the man all battered up and having dirt smears on his clothes.

"Welcome back," Eosforos greeted him happily, glad he was in one shape but his eyes traveled quickly to the gem in his hands. "Oh...that probably explain the mini earthquakes around here," Eosforos commented. Xavier could only make out half the words Eosforos was saying. He gestured at his ears with a small nod of his head, telling him that he couldn't hear well. "Come here then! Let me fix you up, you did a fine job from the looks of it too so you deserve a good treatment!" Eosforos said happily, gesturing Xavier to follow him so they can find an empty bed for Xavier to sit on for some healing.

Xavier didn't say anything but followed the angel, wanting to rest up now that he realized how exhausting it was to have Pryor's energy summoned for a fight.

When Phantom was able to see again, he was back in the forest that was split perfectly between life and death. It was only a second that he was able to focus on the rock that was sitting on the divide before he was slammed on to a tree with a forearm at his throat and crushing his windpipe.

Xiopetec's glowing eyes had dominated his line of sight as her lips were pulled back to bare her fangs. Her serpentine tongue flicking furiously. "I should kill you for betraying me like that!" She spat.

Phantom shoved her away with all of his strength. He sucked in a large gulp of air and rubbed his throat as he coughed. "Kill me? Go right on ahead, Xiopetec. I'm your only ticket to staying alive, but if you like being surrounded by nothingness and fading then be my guest," he responded in a hoarse voice.

The goddess looked him over and she clenched her fists, her hair moving as if it was a pile of threatened vipers. "I've done so much for you, Phantom! Who was the one that helped you dry your tears after your family demonized you? Me! Who was the only one that supported you in your travels? Me! I even gave you my magic! We made a deal! We're in this together and you've thrown it all away!"

"A DEAL GOES BOTH WAYS!" Phantom stomped his foot and pointed at Xiopetec with an accusing finger. "You say that you've given me so much but I'm the one that sacrificed so much because of you! I was branded as a heretic, I lost my family, I lost the little structure I had in my life, I let you inside my head, I gave you my trust ! Sure, you gave me your magic and some help, but that's it! For a deity all about balance, I fail to see any balance in this relationship we have here!"

"You didn't give me that much trust if you turned around and used her power!"

"You're dodging every other point I made! You betrayed me first Xiopetec!" Phantom panted and he stepped closer to the goddess and jabbed her chest with his finger. "I played a good little priest for you! I didn't question a lot of what you did and I endured your presence in my head. When you promised that you would help me be stronger, I trusted that you would follow through. I trusted you to tell me what that meant but you didn't tell me jack shit about taking partial control of my body. Then you played off my anger as me having a little temper tantrum. 'Oh you should've asked about the details, my child before you committed. Silly child, it's totally fine.' THIS IS MY BODY! I have a right to know what the fuck happens to it even if I did trust you with it! But you took that trust and threw it back in my face!" He pointed at his left eye. "This eye wasn't yours to take in the first place! Mark it, fine! Some gods like to leave brands on their followers, but you stole my eye. And then acted like I was making a big deal over nothing."

"Then why did you agree with me?"

Phantom rolled his eyes. "You're insufferable when you're in a mood. I was sparing myself the headache," he explained in a 'well duh' tone.

"Oh now you tell me how you truly feel!"

"Yet you're not defending yourself! You're still acting like I'm in the wrong!"

"You're a priest! Once you accepted to become my priest, you became mine. My child, my follower, mine to do as I please because I know what's best for you!"

"I'm not your property. I'm a human being that had faith in you!"

"Now you don't have faith in me? All because of that stupid misunderstanding? All because some stranger with a silver-tongue said all of those pretty words that got under your skin?"

"If I truly had faith in you, do you think I would've fallen for his words?"

Xiopetec's eyes widen and she winced as if those words stabbed her. Her expression relaxed into a look of sorrow, her glowing eyes back to their regular yellow color as she reached out for her priest. Phantom dodged her hand and took a step back. "Phantom..."

"When I was hurting over Xavier's disappearance and his return, where were the soothing words and comfort that you had an abundance of when I first followed you? When I was grieving over my dead sister and father, why didn't you say anything? Why were only thankful about me defending you and then only pointing out that I was upset?" The priest's shoulders sagged, "Why did you let me down so many times? You promised to take care of me...what changed? Am I really just something to keep you alive?"

She grabbed his shoulders. "Phantom...my child," she frowned when Phantom avoided eye contact. She grasped his chin and made him look into her eyes. "I...have no excuse for doing those things. I may be a goddess, but I'm not perfect. I'm not omnipotent either, but I should have known about your feelings because I'm inside your head all of the time." The goddess then pulled her priest into an embrace. "I can only ask for your forgiveness. It's too late to go back on our deal, but I will give you more. I will try to balance this out, my child. I'm sorry...but you did still betray me so you still have to suffer the consequence."

"Whatever," Phantom sighed as he closed his eyes and indulged in the embrace.

Then he woke up to see the dull beige fabric of a tent.

"Ah, you're finally awake," The female medic announced as she dabbed his forehead with a damp cloth, "You were unconscious for 2 days, sir. We thought we lost you after seeing that the antidote didn't seem to take effect, and that fever of yours-anyway, you're better now. Just take it easy. You still have a bit of a fever and your body still needs to rest." She looked over to the "refugee" in the chair by Phantom's bed. "You seem to have good company with you...he's been keeping an eye on you this entire time. I'll go grab some fever medication and a meal for you." Then she strut out of the tent.

Phantom looked over to the suspicious man. "Thanks for sticking around...I don't think I caught your name," He said in a quiet, raspy voice.

Fume Fume

He was reading a book to himself before the priest woke up from his fever, it had gone down little by little, still Dust remained in his seat, sometimes helping the nurses to help the poor boy.

"Don't mention it, Phantom. But my name... Hmm..." He looked around to see if anybody was around, making even surer that nobody would listen, he twirled his hands enveloping them with complex symbols with the use of mana before clapping together making a small blue sphere engulf them undetectable by no one, this made the priest anxious of what the refugee had.

"Calm yourself, priest. This sphere here is meant so that nobody listens to our conversation. You see, I'm under a fake name, but since I've grown curious about you, It's only fair for the both of us to know each other truthfully." He lifted his hood and took out his mask for him to see his face.

"My name is Dust, a dark elf and a demon commander of the Demon Realm." To this the shocked look of the priest sent him to become much more scared than before. He raised a hand for him. "No need to worry, I didn't come here to kill no one, I'm only here to observe things, so rest assured that I won't hurt nobody." Even if he spoke that, Phantom still seemed very wary of him.

"I know you have many questions and that you are frightened, after all I am one of the enemies from out there. Take your time to process everything first before questioning things and I'm sure your goddess is probably yelling you to run away, but try to be open minded before thinking of that." He got up and grabbed a nearby glass of herbal tea for the priest. "Here, drink this, it'll help you relax for a little bit."

Phant0m Phant0m

Lento

By the time he came back to life, the medics around him were busy tending to other wounded around. A healer came by to change his bandages and told him he was very lucky to still be alive.

He was dizzy not only from the blood loss, but also because of what he had seen. He wanted to sit down, but the nurse told him to lay down or else his internal wounds would reopen.

"We were lucky to have an elf that helped you heal. He'll be here in a minute." She said with a lowered gaze and a small frown on her face.

Lento nodded weakly and the healer went away in a hurry. How strange, he couldn't hear her voice, but he could perfectly reconstruct each words she pronounced just by paying close attention to the way her lips moved.

He thought on how he could've survived. The only ally he had that was still alive was Dust. The blood beads he possessed were probably the only thing that would keep him alive. He didn't remember that he had given him extra ones after he had used the rest up. In fact, the only way Dust would've helped would be if he had already defeated Ran and Karis. Yet, as much as he tried to remember when those two demons had been defeated, nothing came to mind.

Yullr appeared soon after the nurse was gone. The dark elf looked relieved to see him, but maybe that was just a facade. Lento moved his arm to search for his rapier, but Yullr moved his arm away so easily Lento realized that it'd take a while before he regained his strength. He hadn't absorbed enough souls to compensate for the draining energy that resurrecting required.

'Don't worry about that for now. How are you feeling?'

Lento realized that there was no ill-will behind the elf's attitude. If anything, he'd probably have to thank him for hiding his condition from the human eyes.
'Like a million ED, Du..uh...Yullr Mirwynn.'
Yullr sat down on a stool to Lento's right. 'Yeah. You should take some time to recover.'

Lento let out a wheeze and asked Yullr how hard it had been to keep other medics from discovering he was already dead. Yullr raised an eyebrow, confused by how Lento was mentally talking to him. He could vaguely sense that something was different with his norma aura, but he couldn't put his finger on it.

The human blacksmith wasn't the kind of person to ask right off the bat that kind of questions, nor to answer with sarcasm. Yullr could understand that he'd be confused with names for a while, but something else was definitely off. The elf decided to answer him truthfully and see how Lento would react.

'Lento, I couldn't have driven off a single medic in this place. They discovered you were gone and you would've stayed that way for longer if I hadn't asked the nature spirits to help your power heal your body's wounds.'

Lento remained silent for a second, horrified that his true nature was now exposed to everyone.
'Mr. Mirwynn, you don't work for the demons, that means that Dust is most likely not around. Why are humans treating me?'
The question startled Yullr and the elf noticed that a spiritual contamination was spreading around Lento, empowering it but also eating away his original soul. The cause was most likely another soul.

An unbelievably powerful one. He had to trigger a reaction in Lento's soul to fight back before it was completely absorbed by the other soul. If it was possible, the nature spirits he used to heal him two days ago would help Lento fight back.

'Lento. How did you die? Let me make it clearer, how did you die for the last time?'

'Why would you-' Lento let out a sigh. 'Nevermind. It's actually better if you know, it might help your forces defeat them later on. If it's even worth trying this time around. I wonder why I even bother when those bastards always seem to be a step ahead...' The elf squinted his eyes at him and Lento realized he was beating around the bush for no reason. 'Sorry, that really doesn't answer the question.' He closed his eyes and began to tell in details the factors leading death.

'I died after I pulled off a very complicated purification process. Henir energy is always so nasty to deal with, specially with creations that are powered by the same energy. The balance between how much you take and how to stabilize it is a pain; the Void is powered by the same energy after all.' Lento opened his eyes and saw that the elf was looking at him like he was speaking a foreign language. Lento rolled his eyes. Pure-blooded elves were always so oblivious to the world around them. It was frustrating to even think that they considered themselves somehow superior to mixed-bloods. At least mixed-bloods had learned to adapt and build an empire in the human realm.

'The Void is a world created by Henir, the God of Time and Space. The Void, in a nutshell, is the definition of wild and unrestricted destructive power expanding in an almost infinite space. It's like an eternal explosion, so everything it touches gets empowered until it destructs itself. Unless the object is made directly from a fraction of the Void's power, which is sadly the case of my physical shell. However, the power I required to do the ritual is vastly superior from the energy my shell contains. This forces me to take a lot more risks during a purification ritual, compared to other Henir followers like Glave, Hennon or Luto. That's exactly why I had to burn the power of all the souls I've reaped through the years in order to compensate, but it was visibly not enough to keep my life as mortals like you understand it.'

Yullr's gaze began to fill with worry. If Lento had to guess, the elf was probably afraid of how much knowledge he had just been given. It was perfectly understandable, it had taken him centuries to gather all of that knowledge and it was very hard to put it simply to someone that had never dealt directly with the gods.

'In any case, I guess my limits were lower than I expected. On the bright side, Rain...'

Lento stopped his rant as conflicting memories began to appear in his head. On one hand, he remembered Rain as a two-souled creation of Henir he had properly met in Bethma. Yet, that wasn't Rain. Rain Sayoru was someone that he had known for years, before the demon invasion. She was born not too long after the end of Velder's rebellion and her unusual healing powers were the pride of the whole village.

Village? No, Resiam was no village. Resiam was an important Hamelian district, the birthplace of Hamel's own Marine. A small voice in the back of his mind asked him why he was thinking of a town he had never visited. Lento frowned as he realized that he didn't have a clear answer for it. It only seemed very natural to think about that town, but even that natural feeling began to turn into an odd one. The more he thought about everything he said, the more it all struck him as odd. He didn't talk like that, he had never saved Rain. Someone else had done it, all the knowledge he had about the Void and Henir wasn't his. How was that even possible when he remembered everything so vividly?

'Yullr...what is happening to me?'
'It looks like a powerful force is empowering you, but it's also eating part of your own soul away. For now, it looks like it stopped, but it's still there.'
'Lara...'
'Lara? Is that the name of that spirit? Tell me, what kind of spirit is it? An ancient nature spirit perhaps? Or a minor god?'
'No. She was also a Lost Soul. She's the one who saved Feita, remember? When she still lived, she was a mixed-blooded elf from Resiam.'

Yullr almost fell off his chair.

Last edited:
Alec

He did not know when it happened or how, but the next instant Alec was laying down on the ground looking upwards at the great blue sky above. "Nani?...." He said as he felt his face, for some reason he couldn't see from his left eye. When he felt around it was gone, his eye was completely destroyed, when he noticed this he also caught a peek of his hand with his right eye and saw that it was all scrap. He was startled. How did this happened he wondered, looking for an answer that all led to the same direction. That mysterious power he had released from his body. "C-can...I ev-eve-e-e-even handle such p-p-p-powe-power...error!....E-e-e-er..fail...sys...de......wae...." Alec mumbled his systems beginning to fail from the destruction that had consumed his left side.

Alec could only look up at the sky as the day went on by, he body slowly shutting down, before his vision shut off too Alec could see a group of knights surrounding him once more. Am I always in such a bad state when I meet these people? Alec thought as his vision slowly faded away.

???

From an outsiders perspective Alec's touch had completely destroyed the dragons corpse but in reality Alec only was able to destroy half of the dragons face. He didn't know what the rest of the particles were that appeared. He believed it was normal for dragons to vanish like that once they died. Nobody knows what happened to Athena's body is it gone? Or did someone take it in the mist of the confusion?

Apparently, the gem that Xavier retrieved from Athena held a significant importance to Eosforos. When he let Eosforos take a hold of it, the angel couldn't stop studying it with his eyes. Later, Eosforos put a transportation spell on the gem in which vanished from their sight, going up to Ishmael's world. Xavier was guessing it was proved that he has slain a dragon but the power coming out of the gem was a bit concerning, especially how Eosforos was a bit possessive about it. Though now since it gone from his hands, Eosforos focused back to know what happened to Athena to make her go wild.

After Xavier explained about the four demon archers, Eosforos has a look of great concern. "Demons this close to us? My, that is an issue. So strange a dragon can get so enraged by four mere arrows but hey, they are nothing but wild animals. Let's keep a close eye on the remaining ones then..." Eosforos suggested to Xavier, having a hand over the man's ears for healing.

Xavier didn't say anything, unsure if he should add in the fact that the arrows were covered in something or not. Yet he got no solid proof for that, or maybe his mind was playing tricks on him. He doesn't want to think too much about it.

Throughout that day, the dragons were silently mourning for their lost friend. The townspeople became wary of them as Athena caused a mess and disturbed their day. They couldn't blame them for it, it was uncalled for the sad turn of events. They do want answers, however, from Xavier. Yet for now, they only wish to be undisturbed.

Xavier ended up staying in the infirmary a little bit longer, Eosforos wanting him to have all the rest he can get. Especially since his hearing was the main issue for them. It somewhat bothered him that Eosforos instructed him to not leave at all for the day, leaving him bored on the bed. The angel left him eventually to tend to other issues but he first grabbed Aisha to keep an eye on Xavier so he wouldn't leave when he is gone. The angel mentioned Aisha as Xavier's 'babysitter'.

It wasn't all that bad in the end, Aisha figured Xavier could try to help around in the infirmary with the minor things like restocking. As long it kept him busy, Xavier doesn't mind it at all. After helping around the place, they used the rest of the day to read together different books that Velder has to offer. Despite him being so different than before, Aisha liked him a bit better than before. He was quiet and rather obedient, always eager to learn something new. There was a strange innocence around him whenever the mage interacts with him and the tension in him seems to disappear for a moment. She would say that it was love, but not romantic. It had a different sense that she couldn't understand well enough. Same with Xavier. The more they interact, the more certain Xavier felt they had some sort of connection before yet it felt impossible to grasp because it wasn't necessarily in front of him. He questions to himself if Eosforos knows anything about this as the angel felt rather comfortable to have Aisha to watch him.

The day passed and on the second day, Eosforos gave a hearing test on Xavier in which Xavier had no problems passing it. Pleased that Xavier is now healed up, the angel wished to get some things done to push the army forward in this war. Xavier strongly agreed with him, getting up on his feet with sudden eagerness.

"But first...we need to talk to those dragons. They have been a bit impatient since the morning," Eosforos said, causing Xavier to suddenly feel like he wants to stay in bed a bit longer. "Come on, it won't be bad." Xavier relucantly followed the angel out, taking a glance around him before they left to check on the waiting dragons.

Phantom glanced between Dust and the glass of tea. His throat started to burn violently with thirst, and it struck him all at once that he had a dry mouth and was probably dehydrated. Honestly, for a team of "experienced" medics, they clearly overlooked the fact that he needed to drink water while trying to get his fever down.

It could be poisoned. Don't drink it.

You're one to talk when you poisoned me two days ago.

Still...it could be drugged. He's the enemy, my child.

He had his chance to do something about me when I was unconscious thanks to you. He's looking to see if I'll trust him after dropping that information. I'll handle this, but keep an eye out for anything for me ok?

The priest slowly sat up, hissing under his breath at how his body ached as if he suffered a terrible cold, and moved to take the glass but he stopped when he saw how heavily his hand was bandaged, and how the hand supporting his weight was stinging like all hell. I can deal with it, Phantom convinced himself as he took the glass. "Thank you," he rasped and he took the moment to sip the tea to process the information like the demon commander advised. After the period of silence, he made eye contact with Dust. "Well, the question that is really bothering me is: what is your angle? We both know that you revealing yourself to me is very risky, and I'm trying to understand why you're doing so in the first place. I was honest when I told you that I don't know anything about what's going on here-I had just arrived with Lento, the dragons, and the others, so I don't have any information of value to you. I'm just a medic and a priest, so it's not like I'm important either so what are you trying to get at?" He coughed and he returned to drinking the tea and setting the empty glass on the table where the water bowl and towel were.

Fume Fume

He took a sip from his own cup and settled down next to the tea set that was on top of the table to his right while hearing him. He said the truth, it's not like he's important but to the dark elf he held hidden potential, the likes where it could be easy to unleash if he just studied a bit in that library. Not to mention, he just informed him that he came with the dragons and with Lento, though he already guessed it was him from the start.

"To me, information is not a concern. I've been here long enough to learn many things, from your humans armory to the point where the refugees spend their time and housing. This will help the demons to continue to attack, while sparing the civilians.

After all, they aren't as dumb as they look. Most of them have a heart, but are forced to join the war. Make it slave or military force. Ah, but you probably don't really care about that, now would you? I mean, you wouldn't be the first to misunderstand how the demons feel, after all, the chain of command is divided by 5 forces, including mine." He sat back a little relaxed, but not that much.

"I've stayed here by your side for two solid reasons, priest. I'm very sure that you undermine yourself quite enough, but you do have the potential to improve much more and I'd be more than happy to show you how to heal someone apart from using your goddess' magic.

The other is asking... no, asking would not be enough. I'm pleading you, NOT to use the magic from Ishmael again. If you value your life and your goddess', never use it again at any circumstance, not when that angel nor any of her order is here or even outside of their range.

She can find you and eliminate you so easily. I'm not asking by title nor as a fighter, but as a survivor that witnessed first hand on what she can do, what that angel out there can do and how they brainwash people for their biding. The person that they brought with them, the one with the tail, is most likely their doing as well." He told him while bearing a serious face to him.

"I wasn't lying when I said that you have potential. I know much about healing spells that only use your mana and not some gods work and I would share it with you, but for my services I ask nothing more than a favor.

I'm not going to force you to decide, even though I'm risking my well being to inform you, but I'll come straightforward to you.

Once the Demon Realm has been reformed into one where none of the commanders hold power anymore, I'll be facing an enemy that is suicide for me. I'm not asking you to follow me into that battle, but I will ask of you, to end the commanders life, sparing mine and Chloe, the acting demon commander in Velder.

That is all I ask of you, that is my favor. Think carefully before answering. Consult with your goddess if you need to, but know that I am not lying at the moment, not under the guise of my fake name, Raime, but as my true name." He waited for the priest to decide while asking if he would want more tea, it would help him relax a bit more before giving his decision.

Phant0m Phant0m

Ash

He stared at the female nasod that fell before him. She seemed to be sleeping as she remain curled up in a ball. "She's just like a cat." he thought, putting his sword away Ash reached down trying his best to prop her up. Upon doing so he noticed that her body began to shake a little, electrical currents could be seen flowing through her body. When they reached thge gem on her head she quickly shot up, her eyes now locked on him. "Why...am I awake?"

Phantom grabbed his glass and accepted the refill. What Dust had said was a lot of food for thought, and the priest stared at his reflection in the tea for a moment before taking another sip.

That's another strike against you Xiopetec. I have my own mana? And you were going to tell me when?

You don't need to learn how to use it. It'll be pointless! You have my magic! That's all you need.

Well a couple of days ago can beg to differ.

I gave you an idea and you ignored it!

Because it wouldn't have worked! Do you know how detrimental it is for me to have to rely entirely on a staff? What if in a different scenario, I couldn't get to my staff? Huh? What then? If I pull another stunt like that it'll be a race to see if you or Ishmael will kill me first.

You have me to help you!

Inside my body. You don't have a corporeal form yet, Xiopetec, and even if you were to take over my body you would still be stuck. You're not as strong as you used to be. You only have me as your follower and your strength will be a painfully obvious show of that.

Xiopetec hissed loud and violently enough that Phantom flinched, almost spilling the tea all over himself. He quickly downed the glass to eliminate the possibility.

You don't owe him anything! He's the enemy! What will it take to get that through your thick skull? Do you really want to be burdened with that assassination? You're barely able to fight!

Phantom's expression darkened as he glared at his glass. He felt Xiopetec recoil a bit, feeling the sting of her words eminating from him.

He doesn't owe me either. He didn't have to give that warning...and besides, I think it's a fair trade. He gives me something to make me stronger and then I can use that strength to get rid of someone. It's not betrayal either. It'll look like I vanquished an enemy. I see it as a win-win, but you need to explain your issue with all of this. The deal we made was to make me stronger, so now that I have a way to do that you're hissing up a storm.

Because it's not from me! My child... independent magic will replace any use for my magic. You won't feel like you can believe in me anymore.

Wow you trust me so much. Phantom rolled his eyes and scoffed.

I trust you!

Not enough to be comfortable with me doing this. So I'll prove to you that you don't need to be so insecure, Xiopetec.

There was a tense silence then Xiopetec sighed. I guess...the hardest thing for a mother is to accept her child's independence... you'll still be my priest?

Of course.

Phantom looked to Dust and he gave a half-smirk. "I accept," he finally answered, "When do we start?"

Fume Fume

"I'm honored to know we have a deal, Phantom. There is no time limit to my favor, so if you want to take your time you may. But as we are here in the camp, please use the name Raime on me for now. It would be detrimental to me if you started to use my real name and some guard started making two plus two." He put his mask back on and lowered his hood before clapping with his hands with his energy, making the sphere around them dissipate.

"First of all, know that I am able to supply with you a few things before we begin." He reached inside his bag where his rations are and took out two cases. "The green case contains medicine for muscle pain, headache, poison in your system and recovers some fatigue, however it won't heal any wounds that you sustain that's for this case right here, this grey case holds both blood beads and mana beads, as you would guess, the red one is for healing and the blue one for refreshing your mana reserves. Comparing them with a regular potion, these act the same way except they are at least 10 times much more powerful.

However, let me warn you to not take more than 2 beads at a time. They tend cause addiction after the third bead, severely making their benefits plummet. Use these as you see fit, either healing yourself or others. It is also advised to suck on them to prolong their effects." He explained to him while handing him the cases. "You wouldn't believe how much the demons had valued their medical expertise in order to save lives, even though they don't have that many expert alchemists they went ahead to produce these for both military, training and day to day purposes."

He then made a few symbols appear on the palm of his hands and showed Phantom with some concentration.

"Let's begin with something simple, watch carefully. Mana is the energy that we carry inside of us, instead of a gods magic, ours can freely be used how we want even with different elements that we choose.

With just enough concentration, you can call upon the elements of light, dark, nature, water, fire and wind to your aid." He created a small sphere on his hands with his energy, shifting the colors of the elements in that small ball.

"The elements are everywhere in the world. From the shadows, to the flame of a torch, to a simple waterfall, to the smallest ray of light, to the grass fields and even the soothing wind that passes through us.

Controlling these elements is not that difficult if you put your mind into it, however there is another element that is already being projected alongside the elements. That is the power of mana, our mana and the surrounding mana around us.

Some mages only wish to use one to four elements, they can be classified as elemental mages, but they can hold only four at a time because utilizing the six elements is incredibly hard to control, so they specialize certain ones or one instead.

Of course, mana can be volatile and dangerous without proper care and concentration. In essence, we're going to start small and start conjuring your mana on your hands to create this sphere that I made with my hands. Afterwards we can see which elements suits you better.

Remember that each element has it's own properties, but since you're a priest I think that the element of light suits you best. Heal the wounded and still being able to cleanse the darkness with it. Or if you wish to start with another element then I'll assist on it.

But do keep in mind that being able to manipulate mana can make you create this." He made the sphere transform into a spear before adding the element of light into it. "You'll be able to fight how you want and or protect how you wish." He then molded his mana and sent it towards Phantom, enveloping him with the power of light. "That is called a Light Cloak, able to protect you from physical damage for about half of what you would receive.

Creativity is the essence of a mage, but that doesn't solely imply to them. Warriors or priests like yourself can use this common thinking as well, making something that is uniquely to you.

Now, concentrate once you recover a bit more of your strength. Feel the energy inside of you and redirect it onto your hands, imagine a small ball and create the sphere. Take your time, it's not a race." He advised while waiting for him to accomplish the first step.

Phant0m Phant0m

Last edited:
Lento
'I know all I've said must be hard to believe for you, but all this knowledge I've woken up with must be hers. If I gathered more of it, then-'

'And what price will you pay for that? Lento, her soul is powerful enough to easily take over yours in a matter of days. We need to stop her from doing so and those spirits might help you.'

'You said you used nature spirits to heal me. That's some of Yggdrasil's magic, isn't it? I have no elven blood in me, how can I even use that to fight a Lost Soul that has the power of a thousand souls?'

Yullr pondered Lento's question for a while and finally came up with a theory. He thought that if Lento was able to hear something inside his mind to stop Lara's control, it was maybe because, as unlikely as it was, Yggdrassil had opened its power to him. It was perhaps only a small part of it, but it was worth to test how much of its power Lento could learn.

That, of course, would have to wait until his injuries completely closed themselves. Yullr left him to rest, yet Lento's mind was focused on the new spiritual sensibility he was gaining. He could see the demons' aura around the refugee camp. The thousands more of civilians within, but he couldn't distinguish one from the other. In this trance, Lento got aware of two things.

First of all, there was a shroud of magic right next to him. Secondly, was that there was one less dragon around.

Lara's memories began to flow once more into his mind like a cascade and he forced himself to remember his own to stop her identity to replace his.

It was then where he saw the shape of a small fragment of Yggdrasil. The ancient power was watching him, but it didn't stop Lara's destructive energy from slowly eat away his conscience.

'Yggdrasil, you don't wish to hurt her, do you?'

The fragment of light took the shape of Reijak, his brother, and answered mysteriously. 'I will not protect children who have sinned. Yet, I cannot help others who haven't proved worthy.'

'What is your test?'

Reijak created a bow of energy and stared at the growing aura that was forming around Lento. 'A test of endurance. A test of wisdom. However, I do not trust humans with my wisdom that easily. Fight the sinner within you, then it will be up to The noble son of the Myrrh forests to decide.'

Yggdrasil disappeared and Lento smiled. It was unique to the elven language how much meaning they could put into few syllables. Yullr Myrwinn; his name already told a story of who he was.

Fume Fume Phant0m Phant0m Late Late

Phantom nodded and he put his glass aside to open the cases to see their contents. His amber eye lit up at seeing the beads and he grabbed one to inspect. "Wow..." He gasped before the bed back where it was and put the cases next to his pillow. "Thank you...Raime." The priest almost spilt the demon commander's real name, but luckily he held his tongue.

You can't back out of this now, my child, but don't be a perfectionist now.

Thanks for the reminder...at least you're being a bit supportive.

You've pointed out my short-comings. How can I help?

Just...be there for me, ok? And some silence and "space" can help too.

Phantom felt Xiopetec's presence in his head recede a bit as if the goddess made herself a background thought in mind. Then, he closed his eyes and held his hands in front of him. He tried to clear his mind of anything that didn't relate to trying to find his own mana, but he couldn't sense anything different within him. He tried to imagine himself at a crossroads, something that he always imagined his mindscape would be considering he is a nomadic priest, and he imagined two paths in front of him. The one to his right was leading to a forest split in half between life and death-where Xiopetec resides and the path representing the flow of her magic to him. The other path...well to call it a path was being liberal with the term. It was just a barely there indentation on grass that would give a vague trail. Phantom looked beyond the path to only see the horizon cut the blue sky.

I like your imagination, Xiopetec chuckled as she stepped from behind Phantom. Then she gently grabbed his wrist and guided him to the other path. Go. I'll be here when you need me.

Phantom smiled and he gave a hesitant step on the path. Then after taking a couple of steps in that direction, the image faded and his eyes snapped open. He gave a frustrated hiss, his tongue flicking a bit. "I was almost there," He muttered.

I disagree. You were on the right track, but wrong approach.

What do you mean?

You're a priest. You're spiritual. Approach this as you would one of my rituals...but without using my magic.

The priest took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He felt himself center, grounding himself to his bed, to the tent, to this very town. Then something clicked in him: a flash of energy. His figurative hands felt the energy and he chuckled when he recognized it as Xiopetec's. It coiled around him like a cobra protecting her best, and Phantom tried to filter through his goddess's magic until he latched on to something that was buried underneath all of the goddess's mana. It was shielding this quieter energy like a hatchling not ready to leave the security of the mother's scales.

Phantom yanked on to that energy and cradled it in his palms. The priest gently pressed on the energy as if molding clay, forming a ball. When he opened his eyes, a small ball of energy was in his palms. The priest grinned brightly, sitting up straighter with pride as he showed Dust his handiwork. "I did it! It's not much but I got there!" Then the ball flickered. "That's a good starting point...right Raime?"

Fume Fume

Users who are viewing this thread

Back