• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Prison for Unknown Phenomenons

Alexander Brynólfursson

- @GiannaCoco , @Archangel -

(Pew pew. If anything needs changed, do tell!)

Was it the faint glimmer of warmth in the moment's passing, or was it a step in the wrong direction that created this blow of anguish? If Alexander hadn't mistaken, within that moment Tanith indeed showed warmth, something that closely walks with hope. Hope, was something he did not desire to see within them. Where there is hope, greater pain can take place. With such a quick exchange he felt something like a devil, devouring the girl's future for the fabrication he had to offer, only for the sake of furthering his research. "I see... I will let you hold onto the file until we are done here today, just in case you have second thoughts." He should be happy that his research could advance, but...

At last his thoughts came to rest, now allowing him to realize others had entered the room. Shiro, the blindfolded gifted, and a couple of guards, one of which seemed rather reluctant to leave him be. "Release him", he spoke softly, looking unto the guard who gripped the arm. Rather than obeying, the guard merely looked at the other. The methods, the rules, the schedules, this prison was becoming rather restricting. For a man with nothing left but a growing desperation, perhaps being a demon on occasion was entirely natural..

Alexander quickly carried through his next steps, making sure the guard would not expect the actions. With a number of hurried steps, swiping at the blindfold with his left hand, he pulled Shiro to himself, ascertaining that his head would rest upon the gifted's shoulder. "If you desire to become a subject for my studies as well, feel free to stay. Otherwise, take your post at the end of the hall, and close that door." His arms grappled around the individual, refusing to allow him any distance away as to avoid his eyes, forcing them to see nothing more than the wall behind. "Be honored that you have a choice." With his words coming to an end, his bluff seemingly worked as they did indeed exit the room.

"Shiro", he spoke, only when he could ascertain the guards disappearance. "I ask, would you blindfold yourself once more? At this time I can not fall prey to your gift, but that chance will come for you, that I promise. " Bets, they were perhaps all he had left now. Alexander relaxed his grip, removing any restrictions he found that would bind the gifted's movement of arm, whilst still forcing heads on one another's shoulder.. "Tanith, meet Shiro. I wish for him to join us on your exercises when permission has been granted, I do hope you two will get along.." So it was the warmth that defeated him earlier. He could feel the steps before him, the path forward would soon open. "Under my supervision, I will give you both the fabricated freedoms that are within my power. So again, with that said, would you two help this fool find it?"

Shiro Moreno

(Free hugs~!)

His head immediately whipped to face forwards, looking the direction the voice was coming from. He tilted his head slightly, a half-smile curling up one side of his mouth. He was about to commend his decision, but didn't get the chance. He heard the steps towards him, instinctively taking steps of his own back, but wasn't quick enough. A cry escaped his lips as the blindfold was torn away, partly shock, and partly pain. Blinding light flooded into his vision, the first true light he had seen for such a long time. It took a few moments for the burning sensation to subside, and for him to realise the predicament he was in. Immediately he recoiled like he had been burned, struggling against his grip with all the strength he had but to no avail. It was like trying to move a mountain.

He only stopped when he heard him mention his name. He chuckled softly as he heard him speak, strangely surprised at his openness.

"I might just have to hold you to that promise.." he muttered, amused. His mind was whirling; it was a chance, an opening he had been waiting for. But how should I do this..?

He slowly reached up, placing the blindfold over his eyes with a wolffish grin that would put the Cheshire Cat's to shame stretched across his features. But he hesitated as he was tying it, making it a very loose knot that would slip off if he moved it around enough. Fabricated.. Freedom?

He shook his head slightly, making sure it wouldn't come off immediately, before speaking once again.

"I'm done. You can let go of me now..." Shiro said, keeping his excited edge out of his voice. "But I have a question; what the hell have I just walked into?"

(@GiannaCoco)

Tanith Rothfarb

Tanith immediately looked away when the man was taken by his blindfold revealing his eyes that Tanith partially saw as the color of white. Tanith knew that restraints we're put to avoid prisoners from using their powers. This man, who should be older than her, had a blindfold for a reason, so she looked away, just in case. When the guard left, Brynólfursson spoke.

'Shiro... that's his name?' Tanith thought, giving a slight smirk to herself. 'And of course we'll get along' she assured the scientist telepathically although she knew that Brynólfursson couldn't hear her. 'Another thing: a fool? You said that twice but I'd agree. You let two presumably super dangerous prisoners into office without guards. That's just lovely for us!' she remarked with mock enthusiasm in her head, feeling amused. Of course, almost all the prisoners would find the slightest thing amusing. Shiro then said that he was done blindfolding himself and she looked up as the man shot a question.

"
Let's see..." Tanith began in a very lady-like tone. "You just walked yourself into a..." she paused, searching for a suitable word. "...a collaboration? Where there's more tests, with pain, slight freedom and what I, have given up on." she answered casually, still standing on the same spot. She didn't tell what she had given up on but was sure that the scientist knew: 'Hope'. It was true that she lost and given up on hope. Her first year here, she wanted to kill everybody, strangle every piece of soul and escape but failed every single attempt. Now, she stopped resisting and accepted the idea that she'll be stuck here presumably for the rest of her life, feeling... empty.

But this man, this scientist, this Brynólfursson guy who everyone struggle pronounce his name gave her a tiny opportunity. An opportunity to do what she loved: see the earth and maybe, just maybe, redeem her freedom. Does she want to seize this opportunity? No clue. Running out there, in a condition like this, would definitely make her hurt and more miserable than ever. '
Guess that decision will be made when the time comes' she mused.

"
And judging by what Brynólfursson just said, looks like you'll be joining me on my... "so-called" exercises" she added, wondering how exciting this will be with another prisoner on her plate.

(
@Archangel, @AbraxasNine)

Alexander Brynólfursson

- @GiannaCoco , @Archangel -

(*Completely irrelevant theme playing in the background*)

(Yay for lack of sleep, and sorry if things get weird, haha. Again, just stab at me to change what is needed. (Probably everything..))

Alexander slowly released Shiro from his grasp, whilst a chilled air rushed into his lungs. It was a rather heavy gamble, he knew that, but what more was there to lose? "A collaboration... Yes, that is a fitting word.." Alexander paced himself away from the blindfolded individual, returning once more to his post before the table. This distance was placed with the knowledge that it was disadvantageous had the unbound gifted chosen to take action. But what's more, he needed them to have control, he wanted things to fall at their pace so no hurried actions would take place. At least then he would have a chance.

With Tanith's words coming to a close, he nodded in confirmation. "Truth be told, I have already reached the limit of my research. No more can be done without the proper cooperation of the gifted." After all, there was little more that he could do from this side. Those next steps could easily be tampered with by the most minor adjustments made by them, whether it be holding back on experiments to produce false results, or perhaps even seeking every chance to claw towards vengeance for their time here. That's right, he was now amongst the scientists, one of those who had taken part in destroying their dreams. "There is no point in using underhanded methods to proceed forward anymore. If retaliation is what you seek, then do feel free. When my research is complete, in life, all I have left is to repay you." Just for this moment did his voice trace with sorrow , his eyes longing to look at the files along the desk.

Shaking off the unwanted burden, Alexander fixed his posture, looking now at Tanith. "For now on, I wish for neither of you to mince nor withdraw words. That is, of course, within this room or any other that I deem preferable. Sessions will not be recorded via audio, nor video. Nor do I plan to allow punishment for anything said. " One after another he would break down these walls, perhaps to only be seen as mad. Already the point of 'death wish' has been crossed, and now he was making it such a simple reality if chosen. "However, if you attempt to escape before my research is finished," his empty eyes trailed to Shiro as he spoke, "I would show no qualms of removing every last freedom you currently have, even in death." Perhaps these words were sharp compared to his previous mannerisms, however he wanted to make it clear that this was in fact desperation. He did not care what happened to his health, mental or physical, so long as the research could be completed. He would even allow steps to be taken in the wrong direction, but he would not allow them to crumble before him. But, just perhaps, on the smallest of levels, he wanted them to hate him. He wanted her to hate them.

"If you two wouldn't mind, I would like to ask that you both discuss whether or not to join this experiment. If the question arises, I will not tell you what I seek, at least, not for now." Alexander then chose to turn his back to the two, deepening the gamble. These two could very well take advantage of this situation for their own benefits, but what other choice was there?

"Oh, right. I forgot about Karma." Cole leaned his head back and made a short, continuous noise of dying lawn mower. He was apparently flustrated, because he had another patient to take a look at. "Well, I guess we'll take a look at both of them." He leaned his head back to normal pose, facing Six. "I'll just put this cursed lab coat back to my office and take a few things from there, before we move out." Cole turned and quickly walked into his office. However, when he pulled his right hand out of the pocket to open the doors, he also accidentally pulled out with his hand a piece of folded paper, dropping it on the floor. Cole probably didn't noticed it though, as the sound of paper hitting the floor has completely disappeared in the noise of shutting doors.

09dbbc3a6762302c76c2701d8bd02371.jpg

Cole was in his office for at least 2 minutes. When the doors of his office finally opened, Cole stepped outside and locked the doors behind him, with the keys in his right hand. Without the lab coat, he had more of a student-ish look, but there was nothing else different about him. "Could you lead the way? I haven't been in the cell hall before." Cole spoke to six as he strided towards him, putting the keys into the back pocket of his jeans.

(@Rari)

Karma decided to stretch her legs. She walked about the large section of buildings, hands in pockets. Her music drowned out any noise she might have heard. To be fair, this was like how her life had been before; music, wandering... just without the violence. In wasn't exactly boring, it just wasn't fun either. With a sigh, she continued her emotionless saunter, exploring the place she'd be forced to stay in for god knows how long.

Outbreak sat alone in the courtyard. "No one wants to play... How saddening. If only this place was more interesting," he muttered to himself, laughing lightly. He stood up and walked back inside. A guard halted him. "Shove off, I'm going to my cell, there's nothing better to do anyway. Time to creep people out by writing meaningless messages on the wall. I love doing that," he said, grinning widely. Outbreak continued walking down the hallway. "Oi! Put on your gas masks so I can't catch you!" He yelled out to the guards, his voice echoing down the silent hallway. He laughed, wildly as he rounded the corner. Outbreak spotted some guards with their guns pointed at him. "What are you doing?" They demanded. "Save me the trouble and find something else to do, I'm going to settle into my cell, know where I might find it?" Outbreak asked, with a sinister grin. The guards exchanged uneasy glances. Outbreak loved not having any restraints. Sure his powers were useless... For now at least, as long nobody accidentally.. Cut themselves. And a bandaid won't exactly cut it. "The cell hall is that way," one guard told him. Outbreak nodded and kept walking down the halls, occasionally laughing loudly. When he entered the cell hall, one guard accompanied him, in case he tried anything that could start a fight or kill an inmate. Anyone who was in the cell hall were provided with gas masks to prevent Outbreak from trying anything. "Oh I feel like a king! So much luxury! I got my own bodyguard, my own cell, everyone wears a gas mask... Hehe.. I LOVE THIS," Outbreak said, everything he was saying echoed in a way that made the guards shudder. @anyone

Karma had entered a set of cells... male section maybe? Whatever, the guards were paying attention to a lunatic prisoner ranting and laughing a few halls down. She was annoyed she'd managed to hear it through the music. Honestly, was he raving mad? It was pretty difficult to be heard of her music. "Hey, shut up?" she called down the hall as she passed, making it sound like a sarcastic offer.

@rapjack123

Outbreak perked up. "Shut up...?" He muttered. A devilish smile etched itself onto his face. He poked his head out into the hallway and saw a girl listening to music with her headphones....without a gas mask. He stuck his leg out into the hallway dramatically. "Well... Look who we have here.. A playmate," Outbreak said, cackling. A guard walked up to the girl, and forced a gas mask onto her hands. "You are required to have these.. Unfortunately, you must wear them to prevent injury," the guard told her. Outbreak shot the man a glare. "No... There's no fun in that. You people think I'm just a psychotic killer don't you," Outbreak retorted. After a brief moment, "Ok maybe I am, but what's the fun in killing someone so quickly if you can have it for longer?" Outbreak said. He shrugged and began walking to the girl. "Your choice... I won't kill you.. Yet at least. I have nothing better to do," Outbreak said, grinning widel at the girl. @Maxwelle

At this point, Karma had removed one of her headphones and was looking over the guy wearily. Definitely not wrong about the lunatic part... Realizing the guards handed her something, she glanced down at the mask in her hands and frowned at it. With it on she couldn't wear her headphones... with a swift toss, she gave it back to the guard. "No, thanks..." A part of her wanted to just walk away and go do other things but something told her the guy would just follow her. With a sigh, she asked, "So, what's your name? Johnny? Jason? Freddy?"

@rapjack123

Outbreak laughed. "You've got a sense of humor don't you," he said, cackling. "Barry... Graves. But I prefer not being called that. Most call me Outbreak.. And I think it actually suits me better," he said with a wide grin. "Might I ask for your name?" Outbreak asked the girl. He continued to step closer to her, glaring into her eyes with a murderous look. "I think people with a sense of humor are worth getting to know," he said, giving a high pitched chuckle. He felt especially excited.. Or perhaps not excited but.. On edge, simply because he was in a prison. And a prison meant he was going to be stuck here, locked up for as long as they tell you. Outbreak didn't like to be locked up. Last time someone did that, he killed every last one of his captors. Of course, this place was certainly a different story, but there was an end to his patience after all. @Maxwelle

"Why not? Barry Graves ain't so bad. Don't be who others make you, but be who you want. I'm Karma Evadale." She added with a shrug. Watching him and his actions, she thought, Jeez, someone needs an herbal bath or something... Karma slouched nonchalantly against a nearby wall, figuring getting to know the guy wouldn't be so bad. "So, why do they call you Outbreak?" she asked, removing her other headphone, an uncommon occurrence.

@rapjack123

Outbreak laughed. "I'd hate to rain on your parade.. but, I'm already a result of what others have done to me," he said. "I control disease.. I suppose you'd want to put on that gas mask now... they all do," Outbreak said. "So they call me Outbreak because of it," he said grinning. He was curious about what she said earlier. Outbreak let that thought pass through his head blankly @Maxwelle

"Well, I doubt there's another Barry Graves out there like you." Disease huh? As much as Karma didn't want to be violently ill, a part of her didn't care. He didn't seem so threatening yet, so she'd give him the benefit of the doubt. "You would have already infected me already if you wanted to though, I'm guessing."

Outbreak raised his eyebrow, his wild grin still plastered on his face. "You're right I guess. They always talk about my inhumanity. But in reality, I just wanted to have some fun," Outbreak said, cackling. "An-hm... good point. But I suppose sooner or later I'll get bored. I usually toy with my victims for a while. Same with this prison. I'm not staying here forever.. I never stay locked up.. ever. I'll play nice for now.. but... a Virus is never meant to be contained," Outbreak said, restating his favorite sentence. @Maxwelle

While she thought nothing wrong with having some fun, she had a distinct feeling her fun and Barry's fun were two different things. She also made a mental note to call him Barry despite his notorious nickname. Maybe he preferred Outbreak but she preferred Barry. Victim? Karma thought when he said the word, an agitated expression crossing her face. "Well, when you do escape, be sure to send me a postcard."

Outbreak raised his eyebrow, all the while, still smiling widely. "Oh there won't be a need for postcards... once I get out.. there won't be any guards left. They'll all be dead," he said, cackling madly. Then Outbreak saw a rather uneasy look flash across Karma's face. He cocked his head to the side. "Oh am I making you uncomfortable?" Outbreak said, laughing eerily. He took a few steps closer to Karma. @Maxwelle

"Slightly," Karma said truthfully, remaining where she was. "But I'm sure you have that affect on everyone," Karma said with a smirk. Then, she moved her gaze to her small iPod, shuffling through the songs. It was more of an anxious tick for her considering her headphones weren't even on.

@rapjack123

Six showed only mild interest at Vojas' words, but his interest peeked its little head out upon the piece of paper falling on the ground. Once Vojas was in his office Six crossed the room with the same silence of a ghost and plucked the paper from the ground. Almost as if a switch had been thrown, Six's entire demeanor changes once Vojas is out of the room. His eye lids sink down to a point where Six's eyes are hardly open. His posture changes to the point where it appears that Six is barely exerting the effort to stand, and his voice drains of all emotions.

"So careless...", Six mumbles, unfolding the paper. Six expected the paper to contain something related to him, or possibly Graves, but upon the page, in lieu of words, is the smiling faces of two people; a boy, and a girl. The boy very closely resembles Vojas, albeit slightly younger, and the girl Six has never seen before. "Friend... Sister... Probably his girlfriend...", the two appear to be in their late teens... The picture was probably taken before Vojas began working here, Six thought to himself. "So careless, to drop something important to him... I wonder how long it would take him to realize it's gone missing... This is probably useless information anyway..."

A photograph of the past hardly amounts to anything... Certainly nothing of immediate use. Six has gained a bit of insight into Vojas' past, but nothing more. Tearing it apart might be a bit of a blow to Vojas... No, too pointless, hurting him would be for nothing. A bit of blackmail maybe? If this photograph is worth anything to Vojas, that could be to Six's advantage. Before he pockets the paper, Six takes one last look at the pair. They look so happy in the picture, smiling so earnestly... Looking at the two causes a bit of sadness to spark to life in Six's heart... No matter how brief it lasted.

"... It's been quite sometime since I've actually smiled, now that I think of it...", though, to be honest, Six has had hardly anything to smile about over the last ten years. Most people would probably have gone insane in this place by now... They'd be filled with regrets. They'd probably be cursing whatever God they worshiped for sending them to this place...But, oddly, not Six. He doesn't regret being captured. He doesn't look back on the past with hatred. He doesn't even hate his abilities... He's just... Always adapted to whatever's happened. In this way, Six's ability might very well be a perfect reflection of himself... Though, going insane is probably true for Six. Killing people without hesitation simply isn't normal. "Oh well... For my freedom... It's a necessary sin... Well, Vojas, I suppose I'll let this go... Just this once..."

With a small sigh to himself, Six refolds the picture into its original form. But, a bit of his false mischievousness sparks to life. Six grows out his right thumb-nail to a few centimeters long, with a sharp point. The nail's color turns black as its composition turns to that of graphite, and Six scribbles a little message on the back of the photograph, "I'd be a bit more careful next time. Old photographs aren't easily replaced.". While changing his nail's length, and composition, back to normal Six walks over to the coffee table off to the side of the room, and places the photograph under one of the coffee table's legs so that the table has a slight wobble to it.

Just as Six moves back to his original place in the room, Vojas reopens his office door and steps out. The instant the doctor is back in the room, Six's demeanor seamlessly shifts back to his normal one.

Six taps his foot impatiently on the floor, looking at Vojas with a slight hint of annoyance and a unsettling gleam in his blood-red eyes, his voice shifts to a British accent,
"Now Vojas, I can forgive being made to wait once... But twice makes it seem as if you're doing it on purpose... I suppose I can lead the way. Though I'm going to need cell numbers if you want me to find Karma or Azar. Never met the two, so I can't just track them down by scent, or memory...", Six answers with a slight shrug of his shoulder, and a few steps towards the door; not bothering to see if Vojas is following or not.

(

@WaffleDog )

Last edited by a moderator:
Outbreak stopped right in front of her. To be honest, he was surprised that Karma hadn't at least stepped back. "Yeah... I do tend to give off an air of terror.. but you seem not to care," Outbreak said, smiling mischievously. It struck him at an odd angle. Maybe she's seen crazy things enough times that this doesn't affect her. Or maybe she had a death wish. Personally, Outbreak didn't care. For once someone didn't run.. how interesting. @Maxwelle

"Not really. Dress up as a clown, then you'll have me running," Karma said flatly, joking. She set her Ipod down and looked up at him. Is personal space not a thing? She shrugged it off. So far he'd been the most interesting person in the place. She didn't want to push him away. Nonetheless, he was a bit close for comfort, it didn't matter if he was the queen of England, she didn't like it. Poking him square in chest, and sending enough electricity through her finger to register as a static shock, she said, "Still, backing up a step wouldn't hurt."

@rapjack123

Outbreak lurched back, exaggeratedly. His eyes widened angrily. "I think I'll stand where ever I want," he said, his voice deadly cool. Outbreak sent retaliatory virus symptoms at Karma. He attacked her pain nerves, giving her a feeling similar to a brain freeze by disrupting signals. He grinned widely. "Don't try that again," Outbreak said, although he decided to give Karma some space, even though it wasn't much. @Maxwelle

Karma's hand flew up to her temple. "Ow, can you not?" She glared at him but didn't say anything more. She did however notice he was farther away than before if only by an inch. Baby steps, as they say. She was starting to think he looked a little cartoonish but decided to keep that thought to herself.

@rapjack123

Outbreak cackled. "Don't light my fuse," he said, grinning insanely again. He loved messing with people. Outbreak pulled up a chair. He was curious to find out a little more about Karma. After all, she was the inmate he's met. She held this air of indifference that unfortunately rubbed on Outbreak the wrong way. He didn't get angry though, it was only more a reason to sick around longer for some fun. @Maxwelle

"Getting comfy are ya? What's the occasion?" Karma questioned, sarcastically. She sank down on the floor herself, stuffing her hands into her pockets. It's not like she had any plans, it was prison, the destroyer of common social interaction. She also noticed he laughed a lot. Frankly, she didn't think life was that amusing. Maybe Outbreak lived in his own sitcom.

@rapjack123

Users who are viewing this thread

Back