• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion Preserve text when accidentally leaving the page.

vainglory

actual cryptid
I don't know how to better explain what I'm looking for, but in every other forum site I've been to, if you accidentally go back to a previous page or load a new page by mistake, you can simply go forward or back and the text you had already written in the textbox will still be there. Twice now, I've lost finished posts because I made the mistake of writing them in the actual reply box and not off-site, then hit backspace when I thought I was in the post only to find out, quite painfully, that I wasn't.

I actually thought preserving text was a feature of Google Chrome, but maybe it's not and it has to be implemented by the site, but does anyone know why it doesn't work that way here? If I leave the page, even if I've previewed something, there is no saved instance of it at all.

We do have a "save draft" function. It's not always 100% but there is also a button you can click to manually "save draft" which may help against this. Thus far I've personally not lost a draft in a while. If you are running something as incognito mode I don't think the site will save an in-progress draft unless you manually save it.

draft.png

We do have a "save draft" function. It's not always 100% but there is also a button you can click to manually "save draft" which may help against this. Thus far I've personally not lost a draft in a while. If you are running something as incognito mode I don't think the site will save an in-progress draft unless you manually save it.

View attachment 569053

Thanks, I didn't see that feature before. I'll see if that helps things any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back