• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern {Prepare for battle...} Winner takes it all {... Feel the music}

Mika pulled a offended face at her comment before growing serious. He was actually quiet fond of those movies. "Ready when you are."

Keani

I nodded and a moment later, we both started dancing. I watched him dance for a moment before jumping in, getting a feel for what he was doing this time around. I started doing my fast illusions and turn-steps, somehow managing to make it look like my moves fit in with his.

Keani

I looked at him as we moved, and held out my hands. Once he took them, I did a flip over his head, landing gracefully on my tip toes.

Keani

I smiled more. "I know..." I winked, still resting on of my hands in his. I transitioned into another move, my body moving gracefully across the dance floor.

Keani

The dance slowly became more intricate, filled with even more combo flips, twirls, dips, etc. As I moved with him, my pony tail fell out, allowing my hair to twirl just as much as my body.

Keani

I moved with him, and a moment later, the song ended. We stopped dancing, and I looked at him, panting softly, smiling. I pushed my hair out of my face.

Mikas eyes opened as the music came to a stop along with his feet. Turning he shot Keani a smile shaking the bangs out of his face. "So think we can do this?"

Keani

"Definitely..." I smiled even more and went to get water, quickly drinking it. I tied up my hair, a fine sheen of sweat covering my body.

Mika nodded and turning on his heels headed toward his dance bag that he had dumped by the door. Bending down he got one of the water bottles he kept in it and took a drink. Dancing was tiring.

Keani

A moment later, I started practicing illusions and turns by myself. I had never been one to stand idly around, and I was constantly working. I lept across the floor in fluid, long movements, my eyes hooded as I imagined the music I would truly dance to, rather than what was playing.

Remi shrugged and let out a sigh. "Well whatever I'll give it a go." Remi said against his better judgment was the really smart probably not, would it look good because of that once again probably not. "Sounds good to me so we have the beginning and the end now just for the middle bits but if what Olivia said is true then what will I do throughout the dance?" Remi asked since well if he just stood there then they would lose points because of it and now that he thought about partnering up doesn't seem to be the best idea but he said he would and he doesn't like going back on his word. "O and Cal starting sounds great if he's up to it of cause which he seems to be."

Keani

I took a deep breath and tried a brand new illusion after I'd practiced my others for a few moments. I had been taught it today during rehearsal and I could tell it would need a lot of work. About halfway through the move, I tripped and tipped foreward into Remi.

Tehuri had turned her focus towards Olivia as she spoke up. "Yeah, that is true. Backleading will be a problem..." She muttered as she looked back towards the studio where Mika and Keani were dancing together. It looked good and her eyes moved back over towards Remi. "I guess we will see... I had seen this video last about a couple where the female was ballet trained and he was a Breaker.. they did this fantastic latin... and I just love latin and the idea... I will see if I can find it again" She rambled a bit off. Okay fine, it might not have been the best idea she had. She waved her own words away. "We will see... It always ends up being amazing anyway" She said as she turned her attention back to Olivia. Her curious nature had taken over and she had seen Olivias dislike in ever entering the dance studio. "So you used to dance?" She asked, however keeping it open for the girl to say she didnt wanna talk about it.

Olivia was just about to put her headphones back on and go back to her laptop, but she heard Tehuri ask her a question. She paused and glanced up "Uh, yeah....a little...." She said slightly unsure of herself. Her mind went back to the memories of her dancing. Truthfully, she missed dancing,but she assumed it was for the better if just had quit like she did.

Tehuri smiled softly at the girl, her eyes moving over her for a moment. She did have the body of a dancer, more than someone who spend all day behind the computer. "Why did you stop?" She asked softly, hoping not to invade some personal information the girl didn't want to share. There had been more then enough times when she herself wanted to quit yet somehow something always pulled her back into dancing. It was as if she needed the music the movements to stay alive and even in the moments she had sworn herself never to dance again, she noticed herself moving to the beat of music. "You don't have to tell if you don't want to" She reassured the girl.

Olivia shrugged a bit staring at the ground, replaying the words of the woman she trained with over and over in her head. "I just wasn't good enough...I guess" she said quietly. "It's no big deal." She said putting a small smile on her face. "I'll just...um let you guys get back to practicing." She looked up "let me know if you need me."

(Gonna post soon)

Cal collapsed into a chair, exhausted from all the dancing. He though, yep, this is gonna be great. He sat up and turned to the others. "So, we'll do something like this for the big dance, right?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back