Praise the Sun! || Dark Souls Discussion

I would like to know why everyone hates two so much. I personally like it  although I can agree that it was a step down from the first. It's still fun to play.

Of course, I'm a casual when it comes to these games. I don't really pay attention to all the specifics. I don't pay attention to my stats. I choose the coolest set of armor, and I use the weapon with the funnest kit. And I leveled up dex. 

I would like to know why everyone hates two so much. I personally like it  although I can agree that it was a step down from the first. It's still fun to play.

Of course, I'm a casual when it comes to these games. I don't really pay attention to all the specifics. I don't pay attention to my stats. I choose the coolest set of armor, and I use the weapon with the funnest kit. And I leveled up dex. 

Because most people play for singleplayer, and most of two's bosses and levels were mediocre. Also because hating 2 is just as much of a meme as hyping the difficulty.

It's not that it's bad, it's still a decent game to play, and I would call it good if I wasn't so biased against it. The problem is that it messed up so many things that the first game got right, that it's kinda impressive. The combat, the lore, the enemy design, the boss design, the level design, everything is a step down from the previous game. Now, there are some good things that the second game did (like the way equip load affects rolling speed linearly rather than being four different types of fixed rolls), but for every one good thing it does, it messes up four other things. Plus, for me, the first game ended perfectly, and continuing the story feels like a cash grab more than anything.

And I leveled up dex. 

DEX builds are so underrated. Gold Tracer for the win.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the Farron Greatsword for the longest time. I just like spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning... 

WXwKlcAu0JLyM.gif

I like to focus on the good instead of the bad, which is why I never noticed anything bad. I really liked some of the levels, although the bosses were lackluster. I never really cared for the story, and I consider all sequels to be a cash grab. Backstabs look amazing. I never figured out how to parry though... 

Last edited by a moderator:
@The One Eyed Bandit

I must say, you are my new most favorite person.

As for the rest of you non-believers, I do not feel the need to argue a moot point. Which is the fact that DS2 is not a shit game nor is it a mistake upon the Souls games. Again, let me reiterate, this is not an argumentative point. It is a point of fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back