• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Power Rangers: Scarab Force (IC)

Killerclown

Two Thousand Club
It was a foggy day in Port Calvin, Rhode Island. The sea port town of about 100,000 was notorious for it's infamously foggy mornings. It was a miracle that the town's car accident rate wasn't sky-high because of this. But, you were not thinking about this. As you sat in the school bus that was currently driving through the foggy roadway, one thought went through your head," Will this field trip be lame?" You and your entire class were currently being driven to the Port Calvin Museum to see a new Ancient Egyptian themed exhibit. This trip was your history teacher, Mr. Morris' idea. Suddenly, the boss came to a complete stop and Mr. Morris stood up and said, while readjusting his glasses," Ok class, come out in a single file line and walk in a orderly fasion into the museum.

A Few Moments Later.
As you walk into the museum, you are greeted with a large banner that reads," COME SEE THE WONDERS OF ANCIENT EGYPT". On the end of the banner you see a circle with a large capital H in the inside of it. You immediately recognize the symbol as the logo of the Henderson Corporation, a internation mega-corp headquarted in Port Calvin. Before you can ponder this, the museum guide snaps her fingers and says to you," Alright everyone, follow me to the Egyptian Exhibit." The class immediately complies with her.

As you walk through the curtain separating the Egyptian exhibit from the rest of the museum, you and the rest of the class let out a sigh of amazement. All around you were artifacts from Ancient Egypt. The museum guide then says to the class," Feel free to look around. But, don't touch anything."

Jenny Oh was speechless, and that rarely happened. However, this time it was for a totally valid reason. From the floor to the ceiling, all she could see were artifacts from the time period. Their surfaces glistened and shimmered in the daylight that streamed in through the small windows.

As she began to walk around the exhibit, Jenny ran a hand through her long, sandy coloured hair, shifting the weight of her schoolbag from one shoulder to the other. A part of her really wanted to touch the artifacts but she knew that someone like her wouldn't get away with it. One of her classmates would probably sell her out, not that she was close enough to any of them to make an accurate assumption. Instead, she settled for pulling out her phone and snapping some low-quality photos to save for later.

Killerclown Killerclown skulzortheskeletalsamurai skulzortheskeletalsamurai ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar NerdyBirdy NerdyBirdy

Caelyn Amarkiir
Caelyn sighed softly as she slowly looked around the museum exhibit. Though it did have a few impressive pieces, much of it was generic items that they had already seen in their text books. She smirked a bit, as her slow walking made her near the back of the group. A spot she was used to and enjoyed, as it meant that she would eventually become forgotten, and able to spend the rest of the time on her phone, chatting with the few people she knew who weren't at the exhibit at the time.

It was around that time that she noticed much of the rest of her class was also using their phones, but mostly for taking pictures of the exhibit. This amused Caelyn at the time, as she seemed to be the only one to recognize many of the artifacts being in their textbook, with much higher resolutions then phones could have. Though she did agree that it was more interesting to see things in person, she didn't care enough about the exhibit to want to pay attention.

Blastshock stood in a corner by himself. He wore his normal attire and a mask resembling the face of a kid from the class that he had.....terminated as to not raise suspicion that two students looked alike. He was looking for something that resembled Set, god of evil and chaos. His mission was simple. Look for an artifact resembling his master Set, steal it, return it to his master, and destroy anything that got in his way. He hated retrieval missions but at least it was an easy way to please his master so he didn't mind much. He kept glancing around like he was waiting for the coast to clear and very suspicious. He clearly wasn't good at hiding stuff. He was best at fighting and he knew that perfectly well, but when Set sent him on his current mission, he offered Blastshock a promotion. How could he say no?! His current rank was alright, but he wanted more. He wanted to lead an army of Set's minions! What a glorious thought it was! Marching into battle, destroying anyone in his way, it was an impressive dream but he doubts it will happen.

Angamon's Eyes
One of Angamon's Eyes stood at the balcony that over looked the Egyptian Exhibit. He was watching everything that happened down in the Exhibit. Though Angamon knew the Son's of Set would try stealing one of the artifacts, he still wanted to know if anything in fact was worth it. He knew. He always knew. Angamon's Eye slowly began walking along the balcony, keeping the exhibit in his sight, as he walked. At first glance, he appeared to be a normal guard for the Museum. But a single tattoo on his face made it clear he worked for Angamon. The Egyptian hieroglyph for knowledge, imposed around his right eye. The same eye that he was keeping the exhibit in view of.

As Jenny trekked around the exhibition, she snapped photos left, right and center. Everything seemed so pretty, regardless of the fact that some of her classmates would think that they were merely ancient bits and bobs. Each artifact seemed to have its own story attached to it, if the labels below each were anything to go by.

Then she saw it.

Stuck in the corner like the outcast family member at a party, was a stone statue. Bending down just a little to read the label, she tilted her head. It read: Set with Nephthys
New Kingdom, Reign of Ramses II, (1279BCE-1213BCE)
. She couldn't help but feel a bit intrigued by it, so she tried her best to get the right shot to take a photo. Maybe she could do some research about it later.

Killerclown Killerclown skulzortheskeletalsamurai skulzortheskeletalsamurai ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar NerdyBirdy NerdyBirdy Fray Dracoheart Fray Dracoheart

Blastshock looked up at the Agamon's eye, his mask shimmered for a slight second as it was holographic. Anyone who looked very closely could tell it was fake, but everyone seemed to be going around not even paying attention to him.

Durand sat in the back room of the museum on a large shopping crate. His ears were plugged by two white earbuds as he listened to music on his phone. His attire was a red shirt under a flannel jacket and black jeans with red high tops. In front of him was a small cheap office desk cluttered with papers, books and a laptop precariously perched on a satchel. Durand’s mother sat behind the desk, talking to her son animatedly without noticing he wasn’t really listening. Durand pulled one of the buds out as his mother appeared to be winding down.

“-which tells us that the ancient Egyptians separated the pieces after the death of the fifth lineage of Set. So after that, it was just a matter of tracing the trade routes from Cairo to the Valley and and pinpointing the location of the vault! Exciting, right?” Dr. Basura said, looking up at her son with bright eyes. Durand gave an encouraging nod. Dr. Basura gave him a small head shake. “I know, boring work stuff. But this artifact is the biggest the museum has ever come into possession of.” Dr. Basura stood up from her chair and walked over to a tall glass case with a single object inside. A long stick like object with an aardvark head on it. She looked at it fondly before turning to her son. “The Sceptre of Was. You know, this was used by the ancients as a symbol of status and dominion. Even said it was used by the God, Set, himself before he was destroyed.”

“Looks like a wonky back scratcher to me, Mom.” Durand quipped. His mother let out a small chuckle as she returned to her desk.

“That “back scratcher” is the crown jewel of my presentation today for your class. Which I am grateful of you for helping me with today.” Dr. Basura said as she smiled at her son. Durand shrugged.

“Better than being cooped up on a bus this morning listening to Mr. Morris sing “Despacito” off key.” Durand pointed out. He hopped off the crate. Dr. Basura came around the desk and gave her son a hug.

“Now, my presentation starts in half an hour in the Hall of the Dead exhibit. Don’t worry, it’ll be quick. The museum just wants a nice ten minute show before they send the Sceptre to the Smithsonian tomorrow. I hope I’ll see you there?” Durand nodded lethargically. His mother let him go and he turned to head out to the main hall. “Oh, Durand! Wait, I almost forgot!”

Durand turned to his mother to see her grab a small box from the desk and hold it out to him. “Happy birthday.” She said, watching him with pride. Durand lifted the lid of the box and pulled out a golden necklace with a brilliant red stone in the center. Durand flipped it between his fingers, running his thumb along the detailed side of the stone.

“Great, Mom. It’s a...bike lock?” He asked. Dr. Basura laughed.

“It’s the Amulet of Kings, passed down from our bloodline all the way back to Pharaoh Basur. The museum offered me a lot for it, but some things don’t belong in a stuffy shelf.” She explained, “Your father would have wanted you to have this.” She sniffed a little. Durand gave his mother a sympathetic look.

“Okay, Mom. I get it. Don’t pawn it for gas money.” Durand joked, putting the necklace over his head. It glowed dull in the florescent lights of the room as he tucked it into his shirt. He gave his mother a wave as he stepped out into the hall, bumping into someone as he exited.

“OOF!” He cries out as he dropped to the floor. He looked up to see the hulking form of a young man towering over him. The man was wearing a biker’s jacket that wrapped tight on his torso with dingy blue jeans stained with dirt. The name “Charles Puck” was written on a visitor’s name tag.

“Well, well, well! If it isn’t DERPand! I was wondering why you weren’t on the bus today!” The rotund man sneered. He quickly snatched Durand by the shirt front and hauled him to his feet.

“H-hey, Chuck.” Durand said nervously. He could smell chili dog and cheap knock off soda on Chuck’s breath as he pulled him close.

“You made me and Up miss ya something bad. Isn’t that right, Up?” Chuck looked behind Durand as another young man came up from behind. This one was rail thin and had a nose ring hanging from his face. His clothes were far too big for his body, consisting of a faded football jersey and khakis with one of the legs cut off. He was sucking on a large plastic cup shaped like a sarcophagus. Durand grimaced as the man slapped an arm around his shoulder. The tag on his shirt read “Martin Upton”, but he was commonly known as “Up”.

“Yeah, we were so worried! We thought ya didn’t want to lend us some burger money!” Up said, extending a hand out. Durand sighed and reached into his back pocket, pulling out a small leather wallet. Up quickly snatched it and took out several bill’s before tossing the wallet aside. Chuck seemed satisfied and released the young man. Durand turned to leave.

“Wait! Wait. Where are our manners? We borrowed money from you and didn’t leave you something for yourself. What are we, Up? Bad friends?” Chuck feigned concern. He took the cup from Up, the straw still in the thin man’s lips. Chuck removed the lid and showed Durand the contents, a thick strawberry milkshake. “You thirsty, buddy?” Durand shook his head no. “Oh, I am certain you are.” Chuck said, “Here, let me give you some. Say when!” Chuck upended the cup on Durand’s shoes, splattering his red sneakers. The duo cackled as they tossed the cup at Durand’s head and walked down the hall, leaving him alone and soggy footed. Durand sighed and made his way down the hall, his sneakers squeaking as he rejoined the group.

ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar animeloulou animeloulou skulzortheskeletalsamurai skulzortheskeletalsamurai Killerclown Killerclown

After snapping quite a few photos of the statue, Jenny stood up once again, deciding to return to the main group. Just as she was doing so, she heard the distinct sound of squelching coming from the distance and getting nearer. Glancing around, she gaze came to see... What was his name again..? Du... Durand! That was it! Glancing down to the floor in embarrassment for unintentionally staring, she solved the mystery of the squelching. His shoes were covered in something sticky and pink - some sort of a drink maybe? Then an idea popped into her head. Making her way over to the boy, she let a shy smile paint her features.

"I hope that's not a new fashion statement that you're making~! If you need them, I've plenty of tissues in my bag that need good homes. Oh, I'm Jenny by the way."

Killerclown Killerclown skulzortheskeletalsamurai skulzortheskeletalsamurai ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar NerdyBirdy NerdyBirdy Fray Dracoheart Fray Dracoheart

“Yeah, it’s the newest footwear from the Haus of Up-n-Chuck,” Durand said, pointing a nod at the two bullies, currently sticking their fingers up a stone hippopotamus’ nose, “Thanks. I know. I sit behind you in Trig. I’m Durand. You probably know me from my mother. She’s the Egyptologist for the museum.” Durand pointed to a sign advertising the upcoming presentation of the Sceptre of Was.

animeloulou animeloulou ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar Killerclown Killerclown skulzortheskeletalsamurai skulzortheskeletalsamurai Fray Dracoheart Fray Dracoheart

Blastshock looked over towards the rest of the group and noticed they were doing anything but paying attention to him. Excellent! He began walking towards Chuck and Up with a grin. He grabbed them by the collars of their shirt and marched them to a secluded area. "greetings fellas. Chuck and Up? I need your help with something."

"Ah that makes sense~ I knew I remembered your name from somewhere, it must have been from Trig. Plus, don't worry about Up and Chuck, their bark is worse than their bite. Just think, you'll hopefully be successful and happy when you grow up - just imagine where they're going to end up. I think you're still the winner here somehow~"

Leaning her schoolbag on her knee, she rummaged around the various pockets, searching for the small travel pack of tissues that she always had stored for emergencies. It took a few moments but eventually she found it. As she handed the pack to Durand, she took a glance to the sign that he had pointed to.

"That's so cool that your mother is a part of all this!"

Blastshock took away his holographic face disguise as he stared Up and Chuck in the eye. He pulled his hood back as the antenna on the side of his head swiveled around to face them. "this won't hurt.....much." He then zapped them both after these words and hid their unconscious bodies in a storage closet. He then swiveled the antenna back against his head before pulling his hood back up and reengaging his holographic disguise. He then went to see if the presentation started yet.

Angamon's Eye
Angamon's Eye continued watching, a silent observer of the exhibit, he continued pacing around, as if he were actually one of the guards. And in fact, he was one of the guards, but it did not change that he also worked as one of Angamon's Eyes. He had been approached by the man a few months ago, before the Exhibit was to be placed in the Museum. Or was it after, he couldn't remember. All he knew was that Angamon was paying him for just simply watching the exhibit. Just watching, nothing more. And Angamon pays well.

Caelyn Amarkiir

Caelyn sighed softly, once again, as she saw the two bullies messing around with another student, as she texted one of her friends in another class, who were not at the museum at the time. She continued ignoring most of what was going on, looking around for a bit as she faked interest in one of the artifacts a bit away from the rest of the class, listening to one of the people from the museum explain something about Set and his wife.

Aalin sat looking carefully at a stone statue, sketching a rough drawing of it while the others were snapping pictures of the exhibition she preferred drawing interesting parts and adding them to her projects if there ever were any that needed it. After 10 minutes she stood up and closed the book, putting it safely in her bag before walking closer to the statue to read the card next to it explaining what it was and where it was from. Apparently it was the godess Iris found in a tomb in the valley of the Kings, Aalin admired its beauty despite the aged look it had about it.

Shuddering slightly from a cold draft, Aalin decided to move on and look at something else. She walked past a few people who she never really spoke to during school, she was too busy trying to do her best to have any friends, not that anyone tried anyway.

Suddenly, Mr. Morris went to the center of the Egyptian exhibit and started to clap his hands very loud to get everyone's attention. When he got everyone's attention he said with his usual soft voice," Alright everyone, report to the auditorium to go to a special showing of The Scepter of Was." As everyone started to file into the auditorium, 6 janitors filed into the Egyptian Exhibit and started to clean it. But, when Blastshock walked past them, He saw a green aura surrounding the men, showing that they are servants of Set, his Lord and Master.

Meanwhile, Mr. Morris was doing a headcount and noticed that Up and Chuck were missing. Mr. Morris sighed and said ," Mr. Puck and Mr. Upton better not be up to something. If they are, they will have detention for a month!" He then stormed out of the auditorium, with a red face, looking for Up and Chuck.

animeloulou animeloulou ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar Fray Dracoheart Fray Dracoheart skulzortheskeletalsamurai skulzortheskeletalsamurai NerdyBirdy NerdyBirdy

At the sound of Mr. Morris' attempts to corral the group, Jenny glanced up in the direction of the sound, slinging her schoolbag on her shoulder once again. Speaking to Durand over her shoulder, she smiled. "It must be time for the presentation~!"

She followed the rest of the group as they all began to file into the auditorium. Finding the perfect seat right in the middle, she rolled her eyes at the sight of Mr. Morris storming out to find Up and Chuck. Those two were always up to something - it almost seemed like their default setting somehow.

As Blastshock passed the men he gave them a slight nod as his holographic mask flickered for a bit. He then took a seat towards the back of the group were he wouldn't be noticed when he took away his disguise. He would give them the signal to attack as soon as the scepter was revealed. At that point he would give the signal, a blast of high frequency sound waves to stun anyone that could hear it. He and Set's minions would be immune for obvious reasons.

Aalin followed the rest of the class into the auditorium, taking a seat near the back so she can continue to sketch if she gets bored of the talk. She over heard that up and chuck where missing but if she was honest, she wouldn't miss them if they were gone forever at this point. They made her life hell most days from stealing and burning her books to shouting horrible nicknames like 'cult girl', She was more at ease with them not around and she actually avoided their attention today, though she was fully prepared for it with a first aid kit and extra money incase they stole it.

Aalin sighed and leaned back in her seat, utterly unenthusiastic at this moment in time. She had nothing to do and the auditorium was deathly silent, which wasnt normal knowing her class. But she guessed it was because it was about to start or it was a prelude to something about happen.

Caelyn Amarkiir
Caelyn looked around softly as they reached the auditorium. She was the last one in, just before their teacher stormed off to find the two missing students. She watched as he left, before slowly moving to sit down near the back of the auditorium, a bit away from the rest of the class, as she didn't really know anyone in her class, despite spending the year with them every day. It was a bit later that she would move her attention to the front of the auditorium, as it seemed something was about to begin.

Durand gave Jenny a friendly wave as she headed in. He wiped his shoes off before following the class in. He settled in a seat behind Jenny and looked up at the stage where his mother stride out from the side. She made her way to the podium next to a large object under a red sheet. Durand knew it was the display case.

“Good afternoon, students of Port Calvin High. I am Dr. Isa Basura, the museum’s Egyptologist. I want to thank you for coming today to see this amazing historical event.” Dr. Basura said, a spotlight turning on as she continued, “In the ancient world, the pharaohs of Egypt worshipped the gods...”

Durand fidgeted in his seat as his mother spoke. He felt off, like something ominous was in the air. A small red light shone under his shirt that caught his attention from the presentation. Durand pulled the Amulet from his shirt and looked at it as it flowed brightly. The Amulet seemed to have a small arrow inside of it, pointing behind Durand. He turned and saw one of his classmates perched a little too eagerly in his seat, staring hungrily. Durand turned his head to follow the man’s gaze to the case under the sheet.

“-which leads us to the hidden temple and f the Guardian, Dennu. Inside we discovered his mummy and several canopic jars, as seen here beside me,” Dr. Basura gestured to the sarcophagus with several jars on a table next to it, “and the grandest treasure, The Septre of Was!” Dr. Basura exclaimed, pulling the shroud from the case, revealing the Sceptre. The class seemed wowed by it. Dr. Basura smiles.

“So, any questions?”

Killerclown Killerclown ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar Fray Dracoheart Fray Dracoheart skulzortheskeletalsamurai skulzortheskeletalsamurai animeloulou animeloulou

Blastshock activated his sound wave attack, signaling the servants of Set. "finally." He states, his voice turning mechanical as his holographic mask fades. He lulls his hood down and runs towards the stage to retrieve the scepter. He had been waiting all day for this moment. He had a clear shot towards the relic as he jumped over seats and finally reaching the stage. He then proceeded to smash the case open and carefully remove the scepter.

Blastshock activated his sound wave attack, signaling the servants of Set. "finally." He states, his voice turning mechanical as his holographic mask fades. He lulls his hood down and runs towards the stage to retrieve the scepter. He had been waiting all day for this moment. He had a clear shot towards the relic as he jumped over seats and finally reaching the stage. He then proceeded to smash the case open and carefully remove the scepter.

At the signal, the six janitors threw away their cleaning equipment and put on masks that resembled common jungle animals. Their leader, a bald, overweight African-American man turned to the rest of the janitors while putting on a lion mask. He then said to them," Remember, we are just here for the scepter and to cover the boss' escape." The rest of the janitors made various sounds of agreement as one of them, a scrawny man wearing a gorilla mask opened up a duffel bag he was carrying, revealing a shot gun and five crowbars. Lion, of course took the shotgun and kicked down the door into the auditorium. He then shot the gun into the air and said in a rough voice," Everyone down on the ground!" Lion then walked towards the stage, being followed by the five other janitors.
skulzortheskeletalsamurai skulzortheskeletalsamurai

Blastshock chuckled as the group approached the stage. "record timing fellas. Set would be pleased." He mocked. He twirled the scepter around for a few seconds before attaching it to his back. "you know what to do from here." He ordered before running out of the room and towards the nearest exit. The thugs wouldn't let anyone out if they wanted to live. He's seen Set's many examples should someone fail.

Lion nodded as Blastshock ran out of the room. He then turned and said to the students," Alright listen up! You are to stay here until we leave. If anyone tries anything stupid-" Lion then fired a second shot into the ceiling, scaring the students. Meanwhile, one of the thugs saw Durand's amulet and walked up to him and said to him while trying to snatch it out of his hands," Well, well ,well. Looks like someone has been stealing."
NerdyBirdy NerdyBirdy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back