• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Potentially Disturbing Images

Lady Warlock

Anime RN
Hi!

I think this should be a quick question. Is there any way I can get in trouble for posting a potentially disturbing image if I enclose said image within a spoiler that warns that the image is disturbing?

Depends on the type of image.

We do not tolerate disturbing imagery of real life, for example, photos from a crime scene or snuff images. If it's anime/art/etc, it is acceptable if put in a spoiler with an obvious warning to the graphic nature inside. As always, no erotic content of any type is allowed.

Mordecai said:
Depends on the type of image.
We do not tolerate disturbing imagery of real life, for example, photos from a crime scene or snuff images. If it's anime/art/etc, it is acceptable if put in a spoiler with an obvious warning to the graphic nature inside. As always, no erotic content of any type is allowed.
So a picture of a creepypasta would be acceptable? It is NOT real life and it is NOT erotic in any way. It's a very creepy looking dog...

DaughterofAthena said:
So a picture of a creepypasta would be acceptable? It is NOT real life and it is NOT erotic in any way. It's a very creepy looking dog...
Yep. (: That would be fine! The big concern was we had a few instances of people posting snuff images on the site, which was becoming out of hand.

'Snuff' refers to any visual media (image or video) depicting scenes of actual murders, either of the act or of the victim thereafter.

This extends to any image of any violently killed person, be they a murder victim, road accident victim or what have you.

Captain Hesperus

JennaChamberMembrane said:
Whats a snuff image?
Snuff film or imagery is when people take photographs or film of actual death scenes, either as they are happening or afterwords. For example, someone filming as someone gets decapitated is a snuff film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back