• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi thing(Interest Check!)

SweaterJane

I am okay with being okay.
After world war three, only few places survive. It's also only the rich and powerful who thrive, and rule these places. The poor are often victim to kidnappings, where they're then held as slaves. Those are the lucky ones. Others who are kidnapped, are often are drugged and undergo procedures which replace natural human tissue with "advancements". For example, arms may be taken off a weaker victim, then new, robotic arms with advanced strength are put on and so on. These "advancements" can take part anywhere on the body and when healed, the now half human, half robot victim is forced to fight in an arena like a gladiator for the entertainment of Lumine City. Whoever wins, gets to live, who ever doesn't, well, they loose a little more than just a game.

Now here are where our characters would come in. They're escaped gladiators and now they want revenge. A group of surviving gladiators broke out and headed to the waste land known as "Nullius Ager". This place is rain forest for as far as the eye can see, with where pre-WW3 ruins stand covered in vines. This is where they're hiding while they plan to return to Lumine City and free all the captives and restore normal life over the people currently in power.

Problems Escapees would face.

• A post apocalyptic land scape, where only three major cities in the world have surivived, the rest of the world is a waste land, and the only place the escaped gladiators can really hide.
  • Organizing their plan to over take whoever made them fight.
  • Freeing their families and fellow gladiators.
  • Constantly on the run from search parties sent out to retrieve and/or destroy them.

______

So what do you think? Would anyone be interested? I'd want it to be at a intermediate-advance level RP, meaning it should have around two-three paragraphs per post and decent spelling and whatnot. I'd hope for no mary-sues/gary-sues and everything.

Any suggestions to make the plot better or any takers?

I'd bite. I'm thinking that I could do the whole 2-3 paragraphs thing as well, considering some of my posts end up accumulating that length anyway. I've just a few questions, though -

1. Weapons? What weapons will there be and how will our characters obtain them if they're in the middle of a wasteland?

2. If you win as a Gladiator, where the hell are you supposed to go? Do they just say, "Hell, he wins, just shove him out the door, he'll be fine." If they won, I think that it'd make more sense if they were assigned a city to reside at and that'd be where they get caught by whatever authority rules that city for planning to overthrow this arena matchmaker, thus they had to bolt for this hideout together. If you go with that, I think it'd be cool to have everyone start where they were bolting for that hideout you mentioned it the original post.

[QUOTE="Jeopardized Jake]I'd bite. I'm thinking that I could do the whole 2-3 paragraphs thing as well, considering some of my posts end up accumulating that length anyway. I've just a few questions, though -
1. Weapons? What weapons will there be and how will our characters obtain them if they're in the middle of a wasteland?

2. If you win as a Gladiator, where the hell are you supposed to go? Do they just say, "Hell, he wins, just shove him out the door, he'll be fine." If they won, I think that it'd make more sense if they were assigned a city to reside at and that'd be where they get caught by whatever authority rules that city for planning to overthrow this arena matchmaker, thus they had to bolt for this hideout together. If you go with that, I think it'd be cool to have everyone start where they were bolting for that hideout you mentioned it the original post.

[/QUOTE]
Weapons wise, I think that we could just have them grab the weapons as they're escaping or something, or they could come across an old bunker in the ruins or something. I'm not totally sure yet.

As for winning as a Gladiator, I assumed that they'd just go on to the next round and maybe even possibly have another procedure done on them or something. I hadn't really thought into that, honestly. This is my first time ever really putting together an RP, especially like this. If you want to PM me and brainstorm that'd be cool :)

I'll see if I can, but right now I'm behind in a few things, such as a wonderful essay I need to finish today.

I could definitely see myself joining this, though. Post Apocalyptic is my favorite setting and it's insanely fun when done correctly.

[QUOTE="Christian Nether]Quick question lol, is this after the WWIII rp me and you were in, anyway, I'm in. This could be fun.

[/QUOTE]
Haha, no. I was picturing this to be a little more in the future xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back