• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Post Apocalyptic Mutant RP (X-Men/Marvel esque)

Mizu

So, I've always had a very special place in my heart for mutant/superhero stories. Troubled characters with crazy metahuman powers has always been something I wanted to play around with, but there are just so many of those out there already. Plus, I find it really unrealistic that powerful mutants wouldn't destroy the world. These movies really get to me because they fail to show the real darkness humans are capable of when they are afraid. Realistically, in all these Marvel and X-Men movies the world would be thrown into absolute chaos after the reveal of mutants. Reflecting on how horrible we have been to other races should give you a better idea of how mutants would be treated, if not worse. The amount of destruction in every movie alone would be enough for humans' fear to take over and for the complete eradication of mutants to begin.

I want to create a post apocalyptic roleplay where humans and mutants are in constant battle for what is leftover in the world. I'm thinking similar to the X-Men and Marvel movies, the reveal of mutants intended to be peaceful but quickly grew into something dark and destructive. Even with good mutants, the devastating terrorism of the bad ones heavily outshined any of the heroic actions of the good mutants. In what world would humans not take action against something that could cause so much damage and take so many lives, even if they weren't "all bad". I'm thinking that a huge civil war between the humans (and some military mutant eradication group) and the mutants will break out and basically destroy the whole world. 50 years later, the remaining survivors are adapting to their new world. Survival is the number one priority and every day it is becoming harder and harder. There will be factions, multiple places to RP, cool hidden technology, and much much more! This will be a real life face claim roleplay (where every player must choose an actor or actress to portray their character) and will be considered detailed/literate with a 300 word count minimum.

Plot
At first, the reveal of the existence of mutants seemed like a necessary step to take in order for humanity to evolve. For the mutants, it was both terrifying and exciting, both a new burden and a relief. Things seemed to be going as well as expected. The hate crimes would arise as would the prejudice, but this was all to be expected. What wasn't expected, was the great amount of power these people possessed. What started as shallow discrimination soon turned into a hateful fear. "Incidents" would begin to happen and, despite the effort to keep them hidden, would make national news. These mutants were capable of destroying buildings, killing large groups of people, or preforming other acts of terrorism and would begin to strike fear into every man, woman, and child. The good ones, the "heros", were overlooked. Everyone was too busy being afraid of what terrible thing would happen next, what next big disaster. It wasn't before long that the Government would start to make an effort to control things. They began to have mutants register, created laws that banned them from using their abilities, created designated areas in which they could live and work, created Mutant schools, and eventually the Mutant Peace Corporation (MCP) was formed to "keep the peace", aka hunt down and capture any possible threats. Things escalated quickly and before anyone could blink a second time, they were in the middle of a civil war.

The war lasted three years and the military developed technology to be able to identify mutants (as well as plenty of other mutant suppressing/controlling/etc. technology). They gave up on capturing hostages and instead began to shoot on site, no matter the age, gender, or nature in which the mutant was acting. The humans heavily outnumbered the mutants, but were overpowered. Fear turned them irrational and they finally turned to weapons of mass destruction. Even though the cities weren't fully evacuated, and even though they had their own men in there, the U.S. military bombed hundreds of big cities with nuclear weapons in hopes to wipe out the mutants once and for all. The mutants retaliated in destroying big military sites and government facilities. The fighting would continue until there was no one else to fight, and the rest of the world followed in their footsteps. They call this World War End.

Now the world is nothing like it used to be. Five decades later they aren't attempting to rebuild, they're just trying to stay alive. No laws, no order, and no government means that everything is a free for all. Mutants and humans still exist, and their hatred for each other is rooted from deep within, but right now survival is what they value most. As resources run scarce, technology is nearly all lost, and mundane things such as disease or childbirth have risen in fatality rate, life is hard in the Wastelands. The Wastelands is a large stretch of land between what used to be the city of New York and the Great Lakes, however these names are quickly being forgotten and replaced with new ones.

Let me know if anyone is interested!! I really want to turn this into a reality and am super excited to get going, so as soon as people start showing interest I'll start creating the actual RP! Could also use ideas and input though, which we could do here <3

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back