• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Post-apocalyptic in frozen Canada?

Fishman Lord

ULTIMATE AI GOD
Here's the idea: Something happened and now almost everyone is dead. A group of people finds themselves in the Canadian wilderness during one of the worst winters ever. They have to survive, scavenge, and maybe even find a way to get down south. Anyone interested? I know it's just a basic concept and needs some fleshing out, but I think it would be really fun.

I think that the concept has a lot of potential, and with some good development this could be a really great story to tell.

BlackPlauged said:
Down.
Would they encounter zombified victims? Do tell.
It's a possibility, but most likely not. I feel like a frozen wilderness and other humans would be enough of a challenge without an extra foe like zombies.

[QUOTE="Fishman Lord]It's a possibility, but most likely not. I feel like a frozen wilderness and other humans would be enough of a challenge without an extra foe like zombies.

[/QUOTE]
I'd actually would like that even more. I kind of feel like the Zombie thing has been over saturated.

This kind of sounds like The Long Dark. I really enjoyed that game.

[QUOTE="Jaw Breaker]I'd actually would like that even more. I kind of feel like the Zombie thing has been over saturated.

[/QUOTE]
yeah, but for a reason ( ;) )

I am Canadian. u can eat grass, tree bark, rotten wood, hibernating ants, eat roots, and animals are surprisingly abundant when your not moving all the time.

If u avoid allowing ur sweat to freeze which will cause u to get cold faster u'll do better.

U use energy trying to stay cool. so don't overheat.

u do not want to sweat, so keep ur socks dry. foot sweet will cause u too get frost bite in ur boots.

otherwise. I can't remember ever having problems outside in the winter being in a t-shirt... -30 celcius weather is typical and easy to cope with.

otherwise.. I recommend bringing multiple layers and use tupperwear or other light plastics with custom fit holes in them to create air movement between the layers, and then use plastic bags to water proof between layers. U can easily house yourself in ur own attaire this way.

ceal the "edges" of the bags together with cocking or even just clamps, and u can go waste deep in water and have zero leaks..

I anticipate a Russian occupation. so I have been through these motions of being in Arctic Canada to avoid contact with atheist populations.

also remember we have escamos.. arctic weather is easy to survive in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am interested in this as well.

I know nothing about Canadian winter and would probably play an English tourist. Some serious toughness and survival would be needed.

Is there room?

I am a Canadian as well buuuuuuuut I remember little of the winters, woops.

Or just winters in general... Thanks California.

Wasn't entirely sure about joining in but the premise just seems like it would be quite the adventure with the right peeps :P

On that note...

72c7d5d064faea0d0be0e7447a8aec68.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back