• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

(Post-)Apocalyptic Future / End of Humanity

MephK

Offers power in exchange for fresh souls
Okay so i had this idea and thought that i might share it with you people, and see who might be interested. xD

It branches in two ways / settings / time periods:

The first is a (post) modern world much like ours but where resources are starting to die out, and energy, water, food, medicine is starting to get scarce due to the previous centuries of overuse of our planet's resources.

That could have ties with genres like survival, where people have to find ways to adapt to a life without the comfort they're used to. (I was thinking about a context like Interstellar or The Martian, but without the space theme)

This also obviously leads to problem on an international scale because traveling would become hard, and societies/governments would crumble. (think about how in 'The Dark Knight' Batman comic, if you know it, Gotham ends up without any electronics and everything turns to chaos)

And it ties in with potential changes in the climates and ecosystems, the desertification of some landscapes, with on the opposite end some previously harsh climates becoming more welcoming, the extinction of certain species and the rise of other, mutated ones, the crumble of some cities that might be engulfed by the wilderness once again (think about the 'I am Legend' movie where New York has become some kind of forest), and more stuff like that. xD

The second is the following, and has more of an Avatar feel to it, lighter and more optimistic:

'Beyond the End'

That would be more of an adventure/world building RP, but it may contain romance, even if I don't want it to overshadow the rest of the plot. x)

Here's the plot I was thinking about:

Earth 100 thousand/million years after humanity's end / the apocalypse, new and mutated breeds of plants and animals rule over a world marked by the remnants of our civilization.

It can either be about aliens or people living in space (crash) landing on this hostile planet and seeking to uncover what happened on this planet, or sentient descendants (having mutated and/or evolved to adapt) from the cataclysm's survivors trying to survive this harsh place and recover the knowledge of their lost past, or even both, meeting and trying to understand each other while they try to find the truth about this now dangerous world.

The world would be covered in scorched deserts, deadly jungles, frozen glaciers and other dangerous (yet interesting to imagine) landscapes.

I think these might be interesting ideas, though it may require more than two people, even if I'm mostly used to 1/1 RPs. ^^

i wouldn't really know how to go with more people because i'm new to the whole forum form, so if anyone has advice i'm all ears x)

The second idea sounds more interesting... In my opinion.

Hi, I'm

https://www.rpnation.com/profile/9858-wolfborn4/@wolfborn4

https://www.rpnation.com/profile/9858-wolfborn4/ but people call me Wolfy. You can just call me crazy... But I think of it But creative individual expressing itself

xD that's just the way I am. Being a Pisces and all.

Just wanted to put this because I'm super bored and have busied myself with typing so you'll know a little more about me...

I love anime, I went to FUCKING anime con last year and it was awesome! I got a tail! But I have also seen Doctor Who, Sherlock and all of My Little Pony (don't judge me, I actually have little people who beg me to watch it and quote it with funny voices). I am allergic to avocados which sucks and I refuse to be allergic to bananas so I eat them anyways. I'm super talkative, so I have a lot of OCC in my rp's, I'm a dirty minded tomboy. I'm not afraid to tell people uncomfortable things, I have never thrown up on a roller coaster ride... Ever. And yes... I am rambling. If your still reading, congrats you get a Hype cookie. To receive cookie put a funny meme in your reply to my awesomeness). My mom says I have a duck feather personality when it comes to insults, because I never let them effect me in any way, I let them roll off like water on duck feathers. And finally I will tell you a joke, really its a pun. Whenever someone hits their funny bone everyone seems to find it humerous (

xD if you get it type out laughing ng like a maniac). Though I must tell you Deadpool is my favorite mercenary and I have memorized his quote, and how to make a hot pocket, and Velveeta Mac n cheese. I have two dogs, terrierer/poodle (terrerdootle)name Scruffy and a beagle/catahula (with one brown left eye and one blue right eye) names Magdaline AKA Maggie.

Thank you very much if you read this...

975551752169524a9ced.jpg

Sorry (not)about stupid into if you didn't like i, but that's just how I roll

Wilted said:
How much do you tend to write?
Well, it depends on the situation the characters are in, as well as how often we post. xD

But generally anywhere between 1 paragraph and 4 or more.

(Tell me if you want me to send you samples ^^)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back