News Polyvore is Dead

Parallax

That man is playing Gallaga
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So they sold Polyvore. It's gone. Dead. Deceased.
Any other ex-polyvore users that used to love/hate the website that's now known as SSense?

If you would like to potentially save your sets, use this link.
account-update.polyvore.com​

Last edited:
Oh my GOD I hate it! I always created my characters outfits over polyvore! Great, now off to searching for alternatives.

Oh my GOD I hate it! I always created my characters outfits over polyvore! Great, now off to searching for alternatives.
I'm the same. No good alternatives. Thinking of making a site myself, no joke.

I'm so angry. It looks like others are too. Hopefully the new company that owns it realizes it and restores it. I doubt they will.

I'm the same. No good alternatives. Thinking of making a site myself, no joke.

Hey, if you have the ability please do. I'm a journalist, so I can help with anything press related, but coding isn't my forte. I'd be happy to donate to a fund for it though.

Im so upset about it closing, I mean I understand being bought out but the fact they warned NO ONE is what pissed me off the most. They didn't send emails out or anything. Just posted a goodbye to their blog about it. I loved making sets for my rps and having the ability to have a clear vision of what my character looked like and the how the other person's face claim looked as well. I dont think you can do that as easily on here but I think I'll be able to deal with it

I wish they would have given a warning so people could get other ways to contact and keep in touch with the friends they made. It never crossed my mind to do it because I never expected this to happen

I'm so angry. It looks like others are too. Hopefully the new company that owns it realizes it and restores it. I doubt they will.
I doubt it as well. Maybe the petition will do something but probably not. Seldom do petitions help online sources.

Hey, if you have the ability please do. I'm a journalist, so I can help with anything press related, but coding isn't my forte. I'd be happy to donate to a fund for it though.
I would love to work with you if it comes to that

I wish they would have given a warning so people could get other ways to contact and keep in touch with the friends they made. It never crossed my mind to do it because I never expected this to happen
I'm thankful the people I did talk to on there (like you) I had contact with outside of the site

I've lost nine years of work and development to this. I've written probably millions of words over the years and it's all gone. I met my two best friends there when I was just 11. We're all still in constant contact now and still used the site for roleplaying. The way that the users have been treated is frankly disgusting.

I'm thankful the people I did talk to on there (like you) I had contact with outside of the site
Same, but there were like two other girls on there I never got in contact with outside of the site. I mean I guess I should have done it earlier but maybe they'll join here.

I've lost nine years of work and development to this. I've written probably millions of words over the years and it's all gone. I met my two best friends there when I was just 11. We're all still in constant contact now and still used the site for roleplaying. The way that the users have been treated is frankly disgusting.
I agree! If they cared us much about us as they claimed they would have at least given us a headsup

One of my best friends and I became insanely close because of that site and our roleplays. I really believe the users didn't realize how big of a roleplaying platform their site was. They sold it to another fashion site because thats what the site was supposed to be, but it became more than just looking and buying fashion

I completely agree with you. I've lost years of work and expression that held my heart with meaning. The fact that it was just wiped away is so heart breaking. I'm so angry

I completely agree with you. I've lost years of work and expression that held my heart with meaning. The fact that it was just wiped away is so heart breaking. I'm so angry
They have a link that can let you download your sets but I don't know if it works or not
Link: account-update.polyvore.com

Even just "heads up, this is happening in a month, save your stuff." would've been fine. Some of the old stuff was utter rubbish, but the fact that we can't look back on improvement is just...cruel, frankly.

I tried that link and I haven't received my email yet with the content. I hope it comes soon and really works. Though downloading my sets is a little better it's still heartbreaking and not the same.

They have a link that can let you download your sets but I don't know if it works or not
Link: account-update.polyvore.com
That's really helpful, thank you. I'll post it at the top and hopefully it works for us all.

Welcome Polyvore migrants. Sadly, this seems to be a trend lately. However, it does seem they say you can recover your content using this link; Polyvore - Polyvore
You have till I believe May 10th-15th to get your data before it is completely wiped.

Welcome Polyvore migrants. Sadly, this seems to be a trend lately. However, it does seem they say you can recover your content using this link; Polyvore - Polyvore
You have till I believe May 10th-15th to get your data before it is completely wiped.
I put the link up at the top. It's so unfortunate things turned out this way :/
I used it all the time, from the wee young age of 14.

I put the link up at the top. It's so unfortunate things turned out this way :/
I used it all the time, from the wee young age of 14.
Quotev also went through a change that resulted in many roleplayers migrating here from there. We've been around for over a decade though, so we aren't going anywhere and have no plans on vanishing. :3

Quotev also went through a change that resulted in many roleplayers migrating here from there. We've been around for over a decade though, so we aren't going anywhere and have no plans on vanishing. :3
This place is a great place that I plan on staying in, and I know hundreds of others feel the same (:

This whole thing has been so depressing. I used it for home design and art. I was on at least 8 hours per day, relieving stress, clipping items, creating hundreds of collections - even editing my own items and uploading! Those weren't in my "uploads" folder that ssense provided as a zip via email. Oh, and I don't think their "opt-out" link actually worked. I'm already getting tons of new spam mail. The ssense company claims on twitter that they don't have the coding to re-open the site. I don't trust that. I've reached out to Oath, the company that owned polyvore, to see if they'd be willing to give or sell it to me, with all user data (sets, likes, etc.) intact. No response yet. I have a server, so if they say yes, I'll get it back up ASAP. I have a new name for it, and a kickstarter page up. You can find me on twitter. KeepGodGoing. Also - there is a HUGE petition to bring it back, that has almost 15,000 signatures. Sure hoping this will help Oath/Polyvore do the right thing for the millions of users that are now left angry and depressed.

I'm so sorry to hear about this tragic event!
I've never been to Polyvore, nor have I ever heard of it before everyone suddenly migrated here to RpN. I would be heartbroken if years of any kind of my work suddenly came to an end. I hope that RpNation provides a formidable home for all your hobbies you've latched onto from that place, and I certainly hope that the community here treats you well. With every story's end, there begins another. It would be lovely to have you all around and participating. I hope you find this place good enough for years to come, and are able to keep making new and amazing memories!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back