Political Mumbo Jumbo

Her0Lover

"Get trought, or get dead" -Robin from YJ
this thread is pretty much i will ask a question and anyboby can descuse there views and opinions freely without being spamed or anything about there beliefs and opinoins.

Please make sure your not bashing any body about there posts and discuse the questions given politly. :-)

Thank You. -Her0Lover

the first question can be dangerous to descuse so be polte and no accusing people of hate-speech;

1: What do you believ or think abot sme-sex marriage?

I dont see a problem with it. I see it as no different then regular marraige. I dont have a problem with homosexuality, as it has absolutely no impact on my life.

Her0Lover said:
1: What do you believ or think abot sme-sex marriage?
Economically necessary under the Western paradigm; people who love each other get married, the government provides tax relief to married couples, therefore in the interests of equality all people who would like to marry those they love should be able to do so legally and with the attendant legal benefits.

All concerns are practical, as it's objectively a moral and ethical good (which is incredibly rare and should be embraced).

ok i can see wher you are coming from. i really do . but i am going to have to di agree and i will tell you why.

personally i dont see how pople could agree with it. and im not being mean. its just it goes against what i belive to be true and im not saying that i dont like the people i just simply dont like there life style choice...i hope i didnt come across mean but in the Bible homosexuality is considered a sin so i like to say "hate the sin,not the sinner"

Your opinion is perfectly valid and im glad youre expressing it here Hero. But, if you want this to remain a discussion thread and not a "let me tell you why you're wrong", you'd do well to change the wording of your responses :3

Don't apologize. Youre not at fault or anything. Im just saying that some people may read it and interpret your response differently then you mean it.

Her0Lover said:
ok i can see wher you are coming from. i really do . but i am going to have to di agree and i will tell you why.
personally i dont see how pople could agree with it. and im not being mean. its just it goes against what i belive to be true and im not saying that i dont like the people i just simply dont like there life style choice...i hope i didnt come across mean but in the Bible homosexuality is considered a sin so i like to say "hate the sin,not the sinner"
It is not a lifestyle choice. Current scientific evidence indicates that sexuality is genetically predetermined, and while somewhat fluid thanks to the magic of neuroplasticity, it's certainly never a conscious decision. Are you heterosexual? Can you tell me the day you decided you wanted to be heterosexual?

Furthermore, the Bible also condemns seafood, mixed fabrics, and - for some reason - the cooking of a baby goat in the milk of it's mother. Do you likewise take exception to the act of eating crab? The Bible comes down far more harshly on many of these practices than it does homosexuality.

Thankfully, marriage equality is a legal decision that will not affect you; homosexual people are free to marry, and you are free to ignore them.

Indeed. I think the problem with opinions and views justified by the bible is that many followers pick and choose what they have to follow and what determines their views, as Grey describes examples. They take what is convenient to their current situation and what supports their viewpoint, but ignore anything else. It's a bit flawed reasoning in my personal opinion.

ok again im sorry if i came across snoty or lik i was better than nybody im just trying to have a good nice descussion and im not that great at wording some things. :3 so again i hope i didnt sound mean or snoty.

I am a Bible-thumping Christian and belief everything in th Biblehappened and is going to happen so if you tak that into consideration and according to the King James Bible, homosexuality os a life choice so please i know i didnt word that right so please fogive me but that os my strong belief and opinion and i m truly gratfull for your opinions and i hope you all understnd that im not better than you guys i just wanted to express how i believe

Of course. You are not snotty or anything of that sort. I like that youre being forthright with your opinions and where they're coming from. Nothing wrong with drawing from the bible as a source for your beliefs.

You believe the Bible is correct and factual. That's fine. You are entitled to your beliefs, and I think it's very positive that you don't feel your beliefs make you superior.

I believe the Bible is a tool of control cooked up by prehistoric politicians to keep their populace from dying and to justify their atrocities.

For example; one Biblical account tells of how the sons of Abraham manipulated a neighbouring people into marrying one of their sisters. God then poured out his wrath upon these neighbours. The Israelites told them that if they too were circumcised, God would spare them.

Then, when all the men of this tribe were recovering from the circumcision, the Israelites murdered them, kidnapped their wives and daughters, and stole all their goods.

With God's full approval.

Neither of these beliefs entitles us to hurt or control other people. Therefore, as long as you do not marry someone of the same sex, you will be fine, and marriage equality is functionally none of your business.

There's nothing wrong with you sitting around and saying "I think Gays shouldnt marry. The bible says its wrong." and sharing that with anyone. The problem stems from someone saying, "This is my belief, and you're wrong for not agreeing with it. So im going to try to stop this just because i believe it's wrong." That's like me saying I don't like fish, so I go to the president and actively try to get fish banned from being sold in stores. It really isn't hurting my life at all that fish is sold, i can choose easily to just not think about it.

thank you fo understanding what i believe nd not bashing the Bible and the name of God i really appreciate it and had a good time descusing this preticular topic.

Grey i you woul like you may ask th next question :)

I have no questions anyone here is likely to answer satisfactorily. I don't mean this as an insult, I've just had a decade and change longer than most of you to figure these things out.

But if you have more questions and I've avoided offending anyone so far, ask away.

Oh lord. Grey would be droppin some stuff on us about existentialism and whatnot. I'd be very ill equipped to answer those sorts of things.

welian said:
This thread has been relocated to Personal Discussion.
thank you

Tyreal. do you have question for the public? (it doesnt mater what topic :3)

Not particularly. Im bad when it comes to creating discussion topics. I generally only participate in them after they've been created.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back