• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: Shattered World OOC (New!)

Main
Here
Characters
Here

ChoShadow

That One Fear In My Enemy's Eyes
Here is a brand new OOC page for an RP of mine that died a while back which I am reviving.

If you have any questions or concerns, ASK.

Here are the basics for this RP as a refresher for those returning or those who are new:

This RP is NOT intended to be the child-friendly game/anime/manga adventure that you're familiar with. This is a gritty, dark, violent, adult world that you will immerse yourself in with a real predator-prey relationship between Pokemon who kill and eat each other to survive.

Pokemon are real wild animals, not video game sprites. There are no game mechanics such as PP, HP, no 4 move limit, no EV/IV's, no "personality" or "characteristics" (in the video game sense), no TM's or HM's (they're all just regular techniques in this RP), no egg step time to hatch, etc.

Also, none of the game/anime/manga lore is canon to this RP with the sole exception being the Pokémon Professors we know and love. EVERYTHING ELSE has been removed and is not canon. None of the legends about Pokémon from the games/anime/manga, none of the myths or rumors, none of the Pokédex entries, nada. This adventure is all new and there is next to no similarity outside of the fact that it's a Pokémon focused adventure.

Pokémon which are supposed to be of human level intellect like psychic types are nerfed to be the same as other wild Pokémon. They can be smart and learn fast, but they're not "human" smart, let alone smarter. Their psychic powers have limits in this RP governed largely by their stamina and physical condition. The physically weaker they are or the less well they are (meaning sick), the weaker their powers become.

Legendary Pokémon are UBER powerful in this RP. Just one Legendary, no matter which one it is, could level an entire city in less than 10 minutes if it wanted to. For this reason it's impossible (for us at least) to capture them. Even with a Master Ball, you cannot capture them. They're just too powerful.

Pseudo-Legendary Pokémon like Dragonite and Tyranitar are also incredibly powerful. Far more so than normal Pokémon. It would take a team of around five Pseudo-Legendary Pokémon to level a city in about 30 minutes if they were so inclined. For this reason, Pseudo-Legendary Pokémon are also off limits to you in this RP. They're just too powerful to be fair.

Pokémon with mythological or supernatural Pokédex entries like Ninetails, Abra, etc are not mythological or supernatural. There was NEVER a little kid who transformed into an Abra. Ninetails is unable to cast curses on those who do it wrong, it was not the result of 9 saints who combined to create it, nor can it live for 1,000 years. Etc, etc. If you know of a strange or almost otherworldly Pokédex entry for a Pokémon, disregard it and treat that Pokémon simply as a wild animal. There will be absolutely zero exceptions to this.

And finally... There will be no, I repeat, NO "capture by friendship" in this RP of any kind. That means that you are not allowed to have your character, at any point, meet and slowly befriends a wild Pokémon near their home over time either. It's not happening in any form, so don't ask. If you ask, you're not joining this RP. Why? Because if you have to ask then I know you didn't read this introductory post to the OOC and that means you don't pay attention to details or have any "patience" for reading larger posts. I won't tolerate that kind of laziness or lack of attention to detail in my RP's, thank you.

And now that I'm done being an asshole, here are the main IC Posting threads for this RP.

Kanto IC Posting: Pokémon: Shattered World (Kanto IC Posting)
Johto IC Posting: Pokémon: Shattered World (Johto IC Posting)
Hoenn IC Posting: Pokémon: Shattered World (Hoenn IC Posting)
Sinnoh IC Posting: Pokémon: Shattered World (Sinnoh IC Posting)
Unova IC Posting: Pokémon: Shattered World (Unova IC Posting)
Kalos IC Posting: Pokémon: Shattered World (Kalos IC Posting)
Alola IC Posting: Pokémon: Shattered World (Alola IC Posting)

Characters Page: Pokémon: Shattered World Characters

Jobs and Earning Money:

Earning money in this RP is not done by battling other trainers. Instead every licensed Pokémon Trainer is given a sum of money at the beginning of their adventure by the Pokémon League (kind of like a government grant) to get themselves started. If and when that money begins to run low, you must then work a job to earn money to fill up your account so that you can continue your adventure. When these times come to earn money, you can time skip through them to get going faster.

As for the average pay for Licensed Trainers, it varies. But for the most part you can expect your character to earn between $25-$40/hour for part-time and full-time work respectively. Part-time means between 1-32 hours per week. Full-time means 32 hours+ per week. Given this, you could work a job for about a month (since there are no taxes to deduct from these jobs for a Licensed Trainer) and earn a maximum of $4,800 for a full month. That's enough to keep you going for a good while in this RP world if you're a Licensed Trainer since food and camping equipment is cheap, Pokémon Food is discounted for Licensed Trainers (usually up to 50%), and the world itself is usually full of fruit trees and opportunities to hunt for food in the wild Pokémon you encounter.

Items that you buy in this RP do NOT cost what they do in the games. They cost considerably less.

Here's a list of major items you're likely to buy on your adventure and the costs they come with:

* Poké Ball - $25
- (The concept of "stronger" Poké Balls makes no sense, so Poké Balls are all we get. There are no Great Balls, Ultra Balls, nor any of the other "specialty" balls either. The Master Ball is exclusive to Team Rocket, so don't ask for one later.)
* Potion - $10
* Super Potion - $35
- (I've done away with hyper and max potions as well as full restores as they're not needed)
* Antidote - $15
* Paralyze Heal - $15
* Awakening - $20
* Burn Heal - $15
* Ice Heal - $15
- (Since there's no cure-all like Full Restores, you'll need a few of each)
* Pokémon Food - (Regular Price, Licensed Trainers can apply for up to 50% discount from the following prices) $10 for small bag, $25 for medium, $60 for large (species does not matter)

There are no revive items, held items, etc. This RP is all about keeping things simple and practical, so the stat-related items and other items which alter in-game mechanics are not part of the RP. No rare candies. No X-attack or anything of the sort. No held items like Quick Claw or EXP Share. Nada.

The items I listed are about all you'll need aside from basic camping equipment.

For those wondering or who might need a refresher, this RP is not canon to the games/anime/manga. It's an entirely separate entity with only the core elements of Pokemon serving as its base.

Pokemon Age:

Just like real life animals, generally speaking those who are smaller have shorter life expectancies while those who are larger may live much longer.

A Pokemon like Eevee would likely have a 12-14 year life expectancy at best, with all of its evolutions having maybe a 15-17 year life expectancy at best. And that's when it's well cared for. In the wild their life expectancies are even lower. 7-9 for an Eevee and around maybe 10-12 for its evolutions.

This is a general rule of thumb, though there are exceptions to it. Outstandingly good care and raising could lead to an Eevee reaching between 18-20 years of age before kicking it. But it's rare that a Pokemon like Eevee would live that long.

"* Smaller Pokemon typically live between 8-10 years in the wild, and sometimes hit 14-16 in a Trainer's care.
* Mid-size Pokemon (3' to 6') typically live between 12-20 years in the wild, sometimes hitting 25 to 28 in a Trainer's care.
* Large Pokemon (7'+) typically can live between 20-30 years in the wild, but in the hands of a good Trainer can sometimes hit 50+."

Of course these are all, again, general rule of thumb age ranges. There are always exceptions which go both higher and lower based on various circumstances. But in general the smaller it is, the shorter its life expectancy.

The Pokémon you receive at the start of your adventure can be of any age, but the younger it is the more you'll be able to enjoy what it really means to be a Trainer.

Tomoya, as an example, got a Zubat that was a few months old when he first started. It was young. It was goofy and uncoordinated. And it took a while to get Zubat to really learn what it meant to be a Pokémon in the care of a Trainer who intended to battle and capture other wild Pokémon. Tomoya will have the chance to relay these stories and provide more information on his life with Zubat once Josephine gets her starter.

Josephine has her Tropius which is about a year old and still somewhat uncoordinated and only knows a few things to do in battle. They both have a lot to learn not only about battling, but about each other.

That's where all the fun really is. The older your starter, the less you'll get to learn and grow IC with the Pokémon you've chosen because they'll already know what to do which means there's less for you to teach it, less for you to share with it, and less for you to learn from since the Pokémon will already know what to do. Some people like it like that, I understand. But I personally like the idea of being a brand new Trainer with next to no knowledge of my starter so I get to go through all the emotions and experiences, good and bad, from scratch. So that's how I've designed this RP.

Josephine's my main, so she'll be doing most of that with Tomoya there as a support for a while.

Team Rocket won't be doing anything IC that will drive the central story forward for several IC months (I'm thinking around 6-8). That's plenty of time even for younger Pokémon to learn, grow, and know how to handle themselves so long as their Trainers are up to the task of properly raising and Training them. The more effort and devotion you give your Pokémon, the better prepared it will be to handle what happens when Team Rocket comes calling.

Team Rocket:

Team Rocket is the only criminal organization in this RP world. The other "teams" do not exist because they're just generational rip offs of team rocket to keep true to the original Pokemon formula. So instead of Team Plasma attacking his hometown, it would be Team Rocket. They're a global criminal organization.

__________________________________________________________________​
__________________________________________________________________​

If you have any other questions about how the RP works, ask away! I will answer all of them.

Last edited:
Polyblank Polyblank DemetrioMachete DemetrioMachete

This is the NEW OOC thread for this RP. The same links to the IC posting pages are linked above, as well as the NEW Characters page. Feel free to copy your old character to the new Characters page, or if you want to make a new character feel free to do that as well.

Yeah, sadly that's a no-no.

The character will have to make friends with his Pokemon the old fashioned way (meaning the hard way). He's going to have to earn that trust, respect, and love.
But he did so.. I don't see how this is different to what you're offering?

But he did so.. I don't see how this is different to what you're offering?

Did he earn their trust after capturing them, or before? If it was before he officially captured them, then it's a no-no. If he earned it after capturing them, then you're fine.

WAITwaitwait- This is getting revived? Why didn’t anyone tell me? Heck! ...
I’m still willing to jump back in, if you’ll let me?

Polyblank Polyblank

Without a character, I cannot allow you to post to the IC section. Please provide a character profile to the "Characters" page which is linked at the top of this OOC thread.

Dang, you could have at least told me before deleting my post Cho. I thought our characters from before counted, I'm sorry I forgot- but having to rewrite things again is a tad annoying.

Dang, you could have at least told me before deleting my post Cho. I thought our characters from before counted, I'm sorry I forgot- but having to rewrite things again is a tad annoying.

I didn't delete anything. I just said I can't allow you to post yet.

Polyblank Polyblank

I have reviewed your character profile, and I officially accept it. Now you may post unrestricted.

However, there are several things I'd like you to be aware of regarding this character:

Given his lack of a Pokémon License, his life with his Pokémon will be extraordinarily difficult. Possible, yes. But difficult. He'll have to tread cautiously or get his License real fast if he wants things to get easier.

Without a Pokémon Trainer's License, he has no Pokédex and thus (since it's a Trainer's ID) he has no rights or access to anything the Pokémon League supplies to Trainers like Poké Balls, free Pokémon Center services, free Poké Rest stays, access to the Gym Leader's Challenge, Contests, Pokémon League Challenge, etc. As well, since he didn't capture his two Pokémon anyone could come along and capture and then officially own them. So he'll have to be careful there.

So that's a head's up. The Pokédex, aka your Pokémon Trainer's License, is your life line to the world as a Trainer. Without it, he's going to find it difficult to function as a normal trainer would.

But he's not a normal trainer is he? He's a bit of a unique and special case with solid survival instincts. So I don't imagine he'll have too hard a time. He just needs to keep his eyes out for other Trainers with bad attitudes who would capture his Pokémon for themselves (not including Team Rocket).

Polyblank Polyblank

I have reviewed your character profile, and I officially accept it. Now you may post unrestricted.

However, there are several things I'd like you to be aware of regarding this character:

Given his lack of a Pokémon License, his life with his Pokémon will be extraordinarily difficult. Possible, yes. But difficult. He'll have to tread cautiously or get his License real fast if he wants things to get easier.

Without a Pokémon Trainer's License, he has no Pokédex and thus (since it's a Trainer's ID) he has no rights or access to anything the Pokémon League supplies to Trainers like Poké Balls, free Pokémon Center services, free Poké Rest stays, access to the Gym Leader's Challenge, Contests, Pokémon League Challenge, etc. As well, since he didn't capture his two Pokémon anyone could come along and capture and then officially own them. So he'll have to be careful there.

So that's a head's up. The Pokédex, aka your Pokémon Trainer's License, is your life line to the world as a Trainer. Without it, he's going to find it difficult to function as a normal trainer would.

But he's not a normal trainer is he? He's a bit of a unique and special case with solid survival instincts. So I don't imagine he'll have too hard a time. He just needs to keep his eyes out for other Trainers with bad attitudes who would capture his Pokémon for themselves (not including Team Rocket).
J Jesus christ thank you - It's really great for you to accept him. I really, really appreciate pointing out all the risks too - they're things that I ought to figure out, but thank you for telling me! I'll do my best to keep his representation fair - and it's true, he will have a hard time without a license. With no birth certificate or social security however, he's a walking ghost and it would take him years to even get citizenship in kanto. If we're playing more realistically, it's highly unlikely he'd get a license without going through hell, something he's not too fond of going through again.

my apologies for assuming so.

It's okay. It used to be on this site that the GM had the power to delete posts. But now they can only do so in Hosted Projects, something only "specially selected" RP's get to enjoy being these days which is stupid.

But yes. No worries.

The money conversion of items in terms of costs to USD is quite helpful. I wouldn't even begin to know how to convert pokedollars to USD.

Anyway, please let me know when can post characters. ChoShadow ChoShadow

The money conversion of items in terms of costs to USD is quite helpful. I wouldn't even begin to know how to convert pokedollars to USD.

Anyway, please let me know when can post characters. ChoShadow ChoShadow

You can post a character whenever you like, but before you add their starter to the final post please let me know what your choice(s) are so I can let you know if one of them is okay to choose.

I'm working on my character right now whose half-blind and has a Litten as his starter Pokemon if that is alright. If not, then I can come up with another Pokemon starter from the Kanto region where he is from. My plan for the reason he has a Litten instead of a Kanto starter is due to their being four other people in his year group who were getting Pokemon at the same time so Professor Oak had to get a couple of Pokemon from two other regions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back