Idea Pokemon...with a twist!

Jannah

Barely holding on.
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I'm not making this an official interest check as of now since I don't even have a solid plot developed, but would anyone be interested in a Pokemon RP? As the title suggests, though, it would not be your average Pokemon RP. I was watching the movie "Detective Pikachu" recently and I thought the concept of Pokemon in the real world was interesting. This RP would be set in the real world and would look similarly to the Pokemon world as depicted in the movie (in other words, this is not an anime RP). Pokemon would exist alongside real animals and I have developed an in-universe explanation for this. Legendaries would be the product of myths/legends and considered to be gods in-universe, thus nobody is really sure whether they actually exist or not.

I do also think real world rules regarding things like injuries would also apply to an extent. For example, if a Pokemon gets injured they would not just be able to be insta-healed by going into a Pokeball and being scanned in a Pokemon Centre. There would have to be time taken to recover. Because of this Pokemon battles would likely be far less frequent (and akin to dog fights in the real world). Pokemon would also be a lot more dangerous to humans if handled incorrectly, although Pokemon themselves would have more resistance to attacks from other Pokemon.

I've always wanted to try a concept like this, but it was only after watching "Detective Pikachu" that I was able to flesh it out a bit more.

I know very little about specific Pokémon but I love the idea of a more low-stakes Pokémon are domesticated / possibly semi-sentient beings that share our space.

I kinda like to see what say a Pokémon daycare or Pokémon breeding (the non creepy scientist way) would work in a detective pikachu inspired world.

Pokemon + Dark?

Y E S
Basically it's about Pokemon being trafficked and exploited. To stay within the spirit of Detective Pikachu our characters would be a team assembled to bring this Pokemon trafficking ring down.

Basically it's about Pokemon being trafficked and exploited. To stay within the spirit of Detective Pikachu our characters would be a team assembled to bring this Pokemon trafficking ring down.
L O V E
I T

This seems very interesting to me I would love this

Well, since there seems to be a degree of interest in this I may make it a reality at some point. Currently I am worried about time since I'm in quite a few RP's already and classes start up again in about a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back