• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon Synergy (Sign-ups)

JCKane

Blessed
Hello and welcome to Pokemon Synergy. This RP will be combining elements of the Pokken Tournament series with the Pokemon Main Series Games.

Background: Things have changed in the Pokemon World all thanks to a combination of elements. First was Team Plasma and their 'set the Pokemon free campaign'. While most government officials didn't fully believe that setting Pokemon free was a good idea, after all, Pokemon did have a bond with their trainer's and the Pokemon League has recignized this. However, they began to question rather Pokemon being stored into PC databases was a good idea, but they didn't really put muc thought into it. That was until the Pokedex boom started. Every new trainer was given a Pokedex with their licenses. This caused many Trainer's to start working to fill up those pokedex even though that usually meant placing multiple Pokemon in the PC storage system to spend the rest of their lives there as the trainer's only cared about completing the Pokedex. This in turn started up a rise of Pokemon Collectors. Trainer's who caught Pokemon just for the sake of adding them to their collection. This 'fad' as they Pokemon League wanted to call it, was starting to pick up and just about every Trainer's goal was to just capture Pokemon. Not to bond with them or train them, but just to add them to their collection.

Finally, the Pokemon League decided to take action by enforcing law's which put limits on the handling of Pokeballs amoung other things. But it wasn't enough as Silph Co. began to fight back against the League as they were making alot of money from Pokeball sells. Eventually, The Pokemon League had no choice but to enforce a law that eventually caused Silph Co. to have to close it's doors. The Pokemon league then brought in a new company from outside the Region named "Jensen Industries" and they began the front runner of Pokemon Merchandice as long as they followed the League's regulations. With Jensen Industries working with them, the Pokemon League finally decided it was time to inforce new rules for Pokemon Trainers. And they are as followed:

1) A Pokemon Trainer may only have 1 Pokemon. This Pokemon is seen as their "Partner Pokemon." All other Pokemon that they have must be released into the wild. This Pokemon will be registered with the League.
2) Pokemon Trainer's may befriend other Pokemon, but they may not join them on their Pokemon Journey.
3) Pokeballs are limited to 3 per trainer. 1 for their Partner Pokemon, and 2 for Medical emergencies only. The Pokeballs are all registered in a new system thus the League is able to keep track of what Pokemon is in the pokeball. (this is to keep a trainer from trying to keep a Wild pokemon longer than transporting them to a Pokemon Center)
4) Pokemon Center's will have extra pokeballs on hand for use of transporting injured Pokemon. Bill's PC will now be used primarily for transporting pokemon for medical reasons.
5) Pokemon Breeder's Clause, A pokemon breeder/rancher can only have 1 pokemon partner, but they may have multiple pokemon at their facilities/Ranches. However, They must not be stored or linked to a pokeball except for tranportion.

The above rules have gone into effect in the entire Kanto Region. However, a new discovery by Jensen Industries has allowed trainer's to use a new device called a Battle AR. A Battle AR allows for a trainer to achieve even greater synergy with their Pokemon. During a Battle, a trainer will link the Battle AR to their Pokemon. Then as the battle progresses, they'll get more and more synergies with their Pokemon. This will allow them to use a Synergy Burst. Doing a Synergy burst will cause a Pokemon to either Mega Evolve, or enter 'burst mode' (though both will be refered to as "bust mode". Also Burst Mode is equivalent to a Pokemon Mega Evolving.. they just don't really change form. *see Pokkemon Tournament*). When in Burst mode, they can use a special Z-Move. (PS: the Burst attack of the Pokemon in Pokken Tournament will instead be just another Z-Move.... *like a Pokemon Specific one*... Names for them will be added later.) Z-Moves can only be used in Burst State (Until further notice we will not be doing Z-Rings or Mega stones. Using "Synergy Burst" is the only way to achieve a Z-Move/Mega Evolution.) All Trainer's now use a Battle AR.

Plot: You are a new Pokemon Trainer in the Region of Kanto. You'll be heading to Pallet Town to get registered. (For now the RP will be taking place only in Kanto. If we managed to make it past the Pokemon League Tournament. We'll see about moving on to Johto.. then after that other regions.)

The Pokemon League: Trainer's use only 1 Pokemon and their Battle AR to face 8 gym leader's and get their badges. Upon doing so, they will be qualified to join the Pokemon League Tournament. Winning the tournament allows them to challenge the Elite Four and then the Champion (if there is one at the time) to become the Pokemon League Champion.

Rules: Here's a list of rules about the RP. Yes I'll probably be restating some of these from the above background but it's just so we're clear.

1) You may only have 3 Trainer's in the RP. If I believe you can handle more (which is more based on how active you are) you may have additional Trainers.

2) Each Trainer you have may only have 1 Pokemon. This includes "Pokemon that follow them". The only exception to this, is if there's a plot point/storyline element where a wild pokemon is involved. But at the end of it, they will be returning to the wild.

3) You may not have a Legendary or Mythical Pokemon. I will be controlling all the Legendary/Mythical Pokemon....and it's possible you could 'befriend' one and perhaps have some way to call them in to help you with a situation... but it will happen through the course of the RP. If you wish for it to happen, let me know and we can work on setting it up eventually. PS: For now, I'm really only doing the Kanto Legendries/Mythical Pokemon... there MAY be other Mythical Pokemon that could be apart of the Storyline.

4) I'm going to be restricting Ultra Beasts. Pretty much I need a good reason to why you have one as a partner. Again, we'll see but keep in mind that if you choose a UB, you may have it denied.

5) You don't have to start off with an unevolved Pokemon. So if you want a Blastoise then you can start with one. Keep in mind, trainer's don't get their partner Pokemon when registering for the league... they'll already have one.

6) While you may be from a Pokemon Breeder/Rancher family. You may not technically be one. As in, you can still only have 1 Pokemon.

7) No God-modding. This includes rather an attack lands or not. The other trainer in the battle will decide if the attack hits (within reason). As this does do more than just 'Pokemon moves" just say what their doing and let the other player decide on if it hits or blocks. (again within reason.)

8) If you have an issue with a batte... like you think another player shouldn't be able to 'block' that move or withstand that hit. Please talk to the other person first in a civil tone. If there's still an issue after that, talk to me about it. I will have the final say on it. (so if I say you take the hit, then you take the hit.) Keep in mind if you do have an issue, bring it up before you continue the battle. Pending on things, I may rule in the other person's favor if you have an issue with a battle that you waited to bring to my attention.

9) Your character may not be a champion (former or current) of any region.

10) Have fun!

I'll add any other rules if I remember them. I'll try to let you know if I do.

Evil Organization: There is 2 evil teams in this RP. The first isn't exactly a team but a group of bad guys who will be showing up from time to time. I most likely won't be allowing anyone to join that group. The other group is called "Team Ultra". If you want to join that group you may, but keep in mind you'll start as a grunt. I'll give more information to you if you want to join but for other's sake, I'll not be putting it here until it's officially made known in the RP.

PS: as of right now, Team Ultra or the other group are NOT known. So unless you're in the team, you're character may not know of their existence until they are revealed in the RP.

Character sheet: Please fill out the character sheet if you wish to join. You're character must be approved by me before you can post in the RP.

Name: (What they're called.)

Age: (you can give me a specific age, or a 'general' age like Kid, Teen, adult. You must be at least 10 to be a Pokémon Trainer.)

Appearance: (What they look like. A pic is preferred but you can describe what they look like if you don't have a pic.)

Where they're From: (Let me know what region and/or town they're from. They can be from any of the Main Series Regions. Any other place and it may be denied.)

Romance preference: (Romance is allowed in the RP, so here you can specify what they'll be ok with going for. You may leave this field blank of you like.)

Partner Pokémon: (What's your Partner Pokémon.)

Background: (Let us know about the character's backstory and the like. Please include how they met their Partner Pokémon and why they chose Kanto and how they got to Pallet Town to start.)

My characters:

Now, for right now, I'll be in control of just about most of the important side characters. This includes the Gym Leaders, Elite Four Members, Champion, Pokémon Professors, etc. If you wish to have control over one of them, I may allow it pending on how active you are. if I think you can handle it, and if I want too. Just keep in mind, unless I allow you to have more than the base 3, this will take up one of the three. Also keep in mind that you'll need to go by any guidelines I set for these characters. (for example, if I say that Lt. Surge is not allowed to go on a journey and can only do his Gym leader duties, then you'll have to abide by that or lose control of the character.) Also note, any previous interactions with these known characters ('off camera'/before the RP stuff.) it has to be approved by me before you implement it. (this way things stay consistent and the like.)

The following is a list of my characters that are 'my own' and you may not control (note some information I may have hidden due to SL purposes):

Name: Maya

Appearance:
6820579-liu-yifei-e1467748349409.jpg

Where they're From: Unknown

Romance preference: Lesbian

Partner Pokémon: Charizard

Background: Maya woke up one day in the middle of a field with no memories, except for her name, Maya. She wondered about until she found herself in Saffron City. There, a local Pokémon Tournament hosted by Jensen Industries was being held. Maya had interest in the tournament and eventually joined using a rental Pokémon. A Charizard. Despite this Charizard being considered unrulily and a bit stuborn, She managed to bond with it and won the tournament. The owners of Jensen Industries were so intrigued by this that they had a chat with Maya and found out about her predicament. They offered to assist her in finding out who she was, and in the mean time gave her the Charizard as her Pokémon Partner and recommended she take on the Pokémon League Challenge. So she was sent off to Pallet town to register.

Name: Britney (Nickname: Roller X)

Appearance:
_png__miss_a___suzy_05_by_cupcakeswift-d8i2m8b.png

Where they're From: Tossed around to various orphanages in other regions.

Romance preference: Bi (I'm open to having her go one way or the other, and I may adjust her preference based on if someone's interested.)

Partner Pokémon: Gengar

Background: Britney grew up an orphan and was bounced around various orphanages in other regions. Britney is a daredevil and loves extreme things as well as scary things. In fact she met her Partner Pokémon Gengar after exploring a haunted house. Due to an unknown reason (revealed later) Britney hadn't started up her Pokémon journey until 6 years after becoming legally able too. Eventually, Britney made her way to Kanto's Pallet town to register for the Pokémon League.

^ Those two are my main. Next ones will be others to know of.

Name: Michael Jensen

Appearance:
mrsm06-mr-0004.jpg

Where they're From: Another region. (probably I'll reveal this in the RP... when I come up with it :P )

Romance preference:

Partner Pokémon: ???

Background: Michael Jensen is the CEO and owner of Jensen Industries.

Name: Kristy Jensen

Appearance:
5h7ssfracr2sfsah.jpg

Where they're From: Another Region (see Michael's reasons ;) )

Romance preference:

Partner Pokémon: ???

Background: Wife to Michael Jensen. Vice President of Jensen Industries.

Team Ultra: … I'll be adding important Team Ultra members here as they are revealed in the RP. Note I will mention which ones are 'RP public' (your character can know about them) and which ones aren't.

Other Group: I don't have a name for them, but I'll be putting their profiles here as they are revealed... same "made known" rule as Team Ultra applies here as well.

Last edited:
Taking this slot too just incase I need more room for my characters (so they can stay at the top) and what not.

Hmm only gen 1 partners allowed so far?

No, you can have whatever Pokémon you want, as long as it's not a Mythical or Legnedary Pokémon. And some restrictions on Ultra Beasts will apply. (Meaning you'll need a good reason to why you have said character as your partner Pokémon in your background.)

This is a bit restrictive....the whole premise sounds more of a Pokemon Ranger than Trainers RP.
Actually, the premise of a Pokémon Ranger RP would be a group of "Pokémon cops" (yeah pretty much what the ranger's are in their games anyways) with their goal being to maintain peace in the region. This RP does restrict you to 1 Pokémon, but that's not a 'Ranger RP' only as Ranger's don't even battle their partner Pokémon as they primarily 'battle' with their stylus and occasionally get assistance from another Pokémon. (plus, Ranger's can take multiple pokemon with them which in this RP unless it's plot related you can not.)

Why I say this RP is a combination of Pokémon Trainer Games, And Pokken Tournament. It focus' on battling the 8 gym leader's and the 'traveling' aspect of it just the only thing different is that you only have 1 Pokémon and 'catching them all' isn't really a thing. But it will be a 'plot device'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back