• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokémon: Pyrite Edition [Closed]

BlueClover

*Jumps Through Window*
“Professor?”
“Professor Pine!”
“There’s a time and place for waking me up.” “THIS IS THE TIME! You have to greet the new trainers soon.” “That’s today!?!?” The professor stumbled off his chair, slamming down on the floor with a loud thump. His baggy eyes and tired expression were clearer than a Reuniclus outer layer. The young woman, not even out of her teens, shook her head. “You spent all night studying the fossils again, didn’t you?” She typed away at her tablet, keeping her straight face. “You have a big day, some trainers are coming to receive their first Pokémon and your guidance.” The professor gave a sly smirk, knowing her true intentions. “It’s your journey as well isn’t it?”

The professor got up with a low creaking noise. “What time is it?” “9: 10 AM. You’ve got 20 minutes.” Pine didn’t even try to sharpen up. He just slapped on a larged rimmed hat and prepared to start the day. The girl rolled her eyes, placing the tablet down. A new message appeared on the screen, a news report from Kiruita City.
Fossil Stolen!
A traumatic tale today at the Kiruita Museum as a ancient fossil was stolen. The fossil was of no known pokémon and was going to be studied. However, an unknown individual with a Rampardos, raided the museum, only taking the single fossil. Head scientist, Myian had this to say.
“T-They charged into the museum, the manjust screaming at the top of his lungs and having his Pokémon bash into me. They say I have a fractured arm but i’m more worried about the museum! The Pokémon broke several exhibits and many precious artifacts, our budget can’t cover this! Please if there is any way you can help us, we’d be so very grateful!” That’s all on this story, which we hope will have a happy ending soon enough.
From an unknown location sat the mysterious figure from before. His massive Pokémon sitting at his feet like a guard. That’s when a black suited man walked up to him. “You’re sucking me dry Sy-.” “You’ll have your results soon enough foreigner.” The man chuckled “I hope so, how much longer till I see these ‘results.’” The man lifted up his arm, a charred scar appearing, but more importantly there was a glittering gem in his hand. “You’ll have your legendary. You can trust me on that.”
Pokémon: Pyrite Edition
Welcome to Seiyo! An entirely new region in the Pokémon universe based on Western America. Here you will begin your journey starting in the town of Utaru. The land is ripe with fossils, making it a perfect place for archeologist or scientist looking for insight into our history. Now, let me get into some rules, warnings, and some extra information.
  1. Standard Pokémon: The region of Seiyo is one built by immigrants coming from many different places, bringing their Pokémon with them. Thus you won’t see many new ones. In other terms, all Pokémon from Gen 1- 7 are allowed and your starters are from gen 1.
  2. Levels: Your Pokémon will start at level 7, I won’t be checking your power and will trust you. If you one punch a diglet I’ll probably be fine, but if you faint Arceus with your charmander, I’ll call you out. I will make small exceptions if it makes sense in your backstory, just don’t abuse this.
  3. Pokémon Starters: You can have a Pokémon that isn’t a starter from before hand. Just make sure they aren’t super rare or legendaries. Shiny pokemon are allowed, just remember how hard it is to get one.
  4. Age: 10-18, you’d probably question a 34 year old wanting to go on his first Pokémon journey.
  5. Expect Cheese: There will be cheesy dialogue, like in any version of Pokémon. Just be prepared going in.
  6. Anime/Games: I will be taking heavy inspiration from the anime as using the games system would be very complicated. I’m mostly doing this on trust and will expect you not to dodge or be a pro at everything.
  7. Swearing is allowed: We’re all human, we’ve all done it. So you can do it here.
  8. Extra details: I will be making a map, adding art, and little things if this gets well received. I have it all planned out.
  9. Ask me stuff!: If you have any questions or ideas on characters, ask me about it :)

Last edited:
Fun times, though I am genuinely fearful of the cheesiness lmao. If you need a hand lmk. I'm in, but my activity is limited to a couple posts a week.

RingSlinger RingSlinger sry for the tags but maybe??

I had a couple of questions! Are there going to be any sorts of limitations/minimums for posts? I tend to have the most fun in RPs where people post at least a couple of paragraphs each time.

I think Ideally I'd like to play a trainer who is a young teenager with dreams of being league champ. He would be EXTREMELY extravagant, and he'd fancy himself a sort of elite level video game boss. He'd have grown up obsessing over adventure Manga about Pokemon, watching cartoons about superheroes and villains, without having any real touchstone for how humans actually interacted. His family was a military family, and so they would move as his parents would get stationed, and he had grown up with only brief snippets of friendship. He'd be VERY extra, and with catchphrases and poses and all sorts of silly cartoon affectations.

He would hope to arrive early enough to claim the Squirtle.

Does that seem fine/work with the story you had in mind? I can flesh this all out more if you have an ideal character sheet or something?

I had a couple of questions! Are there going to be any sorts of limitations/minimums for posts? I tend to have the most fun in RPs where people post at least a couple of paragraphs each time.

I think Ideally I'd like to play a trainer who is a young teenager with dreams of being league champ. He would be EXTREMELY extravagant, and he'd fancy himself a sort of elite level video game boss. He'd have grown up obsessing over adventure Manga about Pokemon, watching cartoons about superheroes and villains, without having any real touchstone for how humans actually interacted. His family was a military family, and so they would move as his parents would get stationed, and he had grown up with only brief snippets of friendship. He'd be VERY extra, and with catchphrases and poses and all sorts of silly cartoon affectations.

He would hope to arrive early enough to claim the Squirtle.

Does that seem fine/work with the story you had in mind? I can flesh this all out more if you have an ideal character sheet or something?
I’ll be expecting a paragraph but if you want to go more, that’s even better :)

And all of that sounds good for a character, I’ll have a sheet and I will critique it more once I make it :)

• Standard Pokémon: The region of Seiyo is one built by immigrants coming from many different places, bringing their Pokémon with them. Thus you won’t see many new ones. In other terms, all Pokémon from Gen 1- 8 are allowed and your starters are from gen 1.
Wait, generation one through... Eight? Did you mean 1-7?

Regardless, interested.

Interested. Have a character/team I've been dying to break out again, but I am not sure if they would be permitted, so mind if I send you the CS to be checked over?

Jesus we got quite the turn out xD

Okie so I’m closing the rp to any IT’s so this is our group! I’ll have a CS in like two days or less :D

Pokémon will appear like the anime, at random during your journey so you won’t be stuck with the starters :D

That makes sense but are you deciding when it occurs? Perhaps letting us choose what appears as long as it's not some sort of legendary or something to that effect?

That makes sense but are you deciding when it occurs? Perhaps letting us choose what appears as long as it's not some sort of legendary or something to that effect?
I feel like it'd be fun if it were kinda random, but honestly I don't care either way
It's up to the gm .w.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back