• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon Mystery Dungeon! When Worlds Collide!

SilverSolis

The Reboot
So I have had this idea for a while and finally want to roleplay it. So two alternate Dimensions of pokemon are colliding in some sort of celestial event that happens one time or something similar to that. So the other dimensional pokemon are evil in a sense. Well not actually evil but the complete opposite of the pokemon in the Original world (The one all of the games are set in)

So it will be a sort of huge battle in the end between the good side and bad side.

(To make it just a bit easier you play your alternate world self. You can make it so you never fight them but instead they fight someone elses PKMN)

Example: Lets say you are a Pikachu in a guild and such. Your alternate self will be in a dark guild (AKA There normal form of a guild) which steals from others.

So anyone Interested?! Please comment if you are and please, 1-3 Paragraphs if you do join.

I would prefer not to see duplicate pokemon. Also legends, not allowed unless for one specific scene. You can ask for the role though. But when it comes to Latias and Latios, it's all mine!

Is be interested for a rp like this. If I were to join I'd like Lucario and possible his Mega-X Form as the alternative side.

Id play this. And I'll play as the single most macho Skitty you've ever seen :P

Unless I come up with a better idea before the actual sign-ups.

SilverSolis said:
Alright, we need one more person for a team of four.
I'm rather unfamiliar with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but I am interested in this RP. Not sure what Pokemon I'll use though. My current choices (assuming I can only start as a basic pokemon, not any evolutions) are: Aron, Beldum, Ralts, Gible, Froakie, or Eevee.

Also Genon, like the mainstream Pokemon games, the games don't have a single character they all follow or anything. There isn't even any proof that any characters are the same in multiple games (though there are theories). Having no knowledge of the Mystery Dungeon games doesn't hurt you.

Well, they do exist. The only downside is to that you get lower PP moves (Which Actually runs out quite frequently) But you have a high standard attack. Though Evo's are never really yourself unless in Gates to Infinity if you are using a companion pokemon (Gained through your own means)

SilverSolis said:
Well, they do exist. The only downside is to that you get lower PP moves (Which Actually runs out quite frequently) But you have a high standard attack. Though Evo's are never really yourself unless in Gates to Infinity if you are using a companion pokemon (Gained through your own means)
The question is then if this RP will be dice-based or freeform. Since Pokemon is already an RPG, it kinda makes sense to have a dice-based game, but I generally like freeform better.

Another question: Moves often do different things in the anime vs. the games, case in point Disable. Disable paralyzes an enemy in the anime, but it locks down one of its moves in-game. Which versions will we use?

A third question: How will levels and move acquisition be handled? Do TMs and HMs exist? Are we limited to four moves?

And a suggestion for the movesets: I think that we shouldn't be limited to four moves. It really makes no sense that Pokemon spontaneously forget moves upon learning new ones if the limit is so low. A good system I've seen is to have an infinite move limit, but with different skill levels with specific moves based on time spent training with them and how often they're used.

A moveset of this nature would have:

--> 2 moves I'm skilled with

--> 4 (EDIT: or 6) moves I'm decent with

--> Infinite moves I'm adequate/crap with

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the four move limit in Mystery dungeon really isn't that bad. You have a standard attack that is no PP. The moves in mystery dungeon are typically one shots or two shots depending on weakness and resistance. High PP moves are effective. (Disable temporarly gets rid of a move)

I know Lucario isn't a basic Pokemon, more of a rare, but he would be more of a Pokemon that teaches new recruits for the guild. That sort of stuff

I've only played Blue Rescue Team (not sure if that puts me at a disadvantage) but I'd love to join in as an eevee if you guys still have room!! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back