• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: War Of Zodarus

What should the RP style be

• Simple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Detailed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Riolux

Umbreon? More like DUMBreon!
  • Plot

For several millennium, The Legendary Pokemon of Zodarus has lived in relative peace under the leadership of the Alpha Pokemon, Arceus, who was the proverbial glue that kept together Pokemon that would otherwise hate each other. With power and wisdom, Arceus kept the Legendary Pokemon in line, preventing any large-scale conflict from arising. However, things have changed. Arceus has gone missing. After months of awaiting any news from the Alpha Pokemon, some of the Legendary Pokemon have started plans to make a grab for power, either wanting to rule, or to rule so that those they deem irresponsible cannot. However despite their haste to grab power, they realize a folly. An all-out battle between all of the participating Legendary Pokemon would cause the end of the world in its entirety. Therefore, wishing to keep this battle from bringing upon an apocalypse on those they wish to rule, they have brought those from another dimension, Humans, and have turned them into Pokemon, bound to their service with the reward being that they have the option to return home along with the return of their memories. The once-human Pokemon are usually selected for their personality and views on life or history. However, there are four who believe that Arceus is testing them and have chosen a small group of Humans to aid them in keeping the balance.

As a Renegade Servant or Renegade Follower, you have left your faction for various reasons(disillusioned by your faction's goals, fear of war, hatred of your faction's Legendary Pokemon, etc.) and have fled to Zodiac City, a large central trading hub in the middle of Zodarus that resembles Venice during the Renaissance(grand architecture, but relatively low tech) and are resting at the Dancing Spinda, the cheapest place you could afford to stay at.

All OCs can be posted in the format the Participants are most comfortable with. Unless it's crunched up and confusing, post it anyway you please.

Last edited:
MoltenLightning said:
Maybe... We'll have to see. What's this gonna be, simple, casual, detailed..?
I am open to all forms. I might make a poll on this thread actually concerning that. Though detailed may be difficult depending on how many want to participate.

Alright there is now a poll for the preferred RP style. Whichever is voted for most will be the preferred style though if enough people are interested, the detailed style might be made optional to keep Roleplay flowing smoothly.

This seems fun, except for the fact that I haven't been keeping up on the newest pokemon. I used to be able to know all of them by name, but now I'm not so sure....

Funny that, now of all times, I have the sudden urge to have a PMD RP...And considering I created an account solely to reply to this, you can bet I'm interested, though whether or not I'll join will be decided upon after more details are given.

Just as question...Is it necessary that we play a human-turned-Pokémon, especially an amnesiac?

LittleLoon said:
Just as question...Is it necessary that we play a human-turned-Pokémon, especially an amnesiac?
Since there's so much interest, how bout I just do us all a favor and post the Plot and details now? If you're still against playing a human-turned Pokemon, then I certainly won't make you (^U^)

Alrighty! It's a bit lengthy so bear with me, though. I'll be sure to tag all of you so you know it's up, alright?

I'd love to see the plot details and would very much appreciate if you posted them. I'm not necessarily against it, it's more so that I have others ideas (which may or may not be applicable to this RP) and that in general I tend to gravitate towards non-amnesiacs and non-human-turned-Pokémon (with the exception of ghost types like Phantump and Yamask), preferably both, but that doesn't mean I won't make exceptions.

Edit: Didn't see the post, I'll be waiting for the tag. ' w ' Take as long as you need~

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry I understand completely. But I have an idea to spice things up a bit. Actually I think it would have been a lot more confusing if not for some feedback I'd gotten on it earlier. Alright. Gonna go fetch it now, look it over one more time, then post it. Again bear with me as it's a bit lengthy.

Yep. Just moving it now and adding a last minute edition. Won't take but a minute.

Alrighty! It's up! Look in the Interest Checks. Again it's pretty lengthy, but I did so to keep options open. If there is something that is unclear, I will remedy it right away as I want this to be a good experience for everyone involved.

Alright! So all interested participants can look to the top of the page to receive information on the Roleplay including plots, important groups, details, and more.

Alrighty, I can confirm I am going to join. I have an idea that's probably kinda stupid, but I want to share it in case you are cool with it.

So, I was thinking that I will indeed have one human-turned Pokémon (maximum two, but probably only one), and I had an idea...What if one of the humans chosen was already deceased child (Phantump), and instead of simply being able to return to their home along with their memories, they were able to return home along with their previous life, while retaining their memories? Xerneas has been shown to be able to resurrect, and a Pokémon who died so early on would probably put a lot of value on life since it was taken from them so early on, making the faction choice work rather well in my opinion.

I don't know, dumb idea perhaps, but it was work a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
LittleLoon said:
Alrighty, I can confirm I am going to join. I have an idea that's probably kinda stupid, but I want to share it in case you are cool with it.
So, I was thinking that I will indeed have one human-turned Pokémon (maximum two, but probably only one), and I had an idea...What if one of the children chosen was already deceased child (Phantump), and instead of simply being able to return to their home along with their memories, they were able to return home along with their previous life, while retaining their memories? Xerneas has been shown to be able to resurrect, and a Pokémon who died so early on would probably put a lot of value on life since it was taken from them so early on, making the faction choice work rather well in my opinion.

I don't know, dumb idea perhaps, but it was work a shot.
I, personally, think it's a great idea. Not sure if it will work for the Renegade character since, well, the promise of a second chance is insanely tempting. Especially since Xerneas isn't a combative Legendary Pokemon in the Roleplay so there isn't much to fear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back