• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: To Be an Adventurer

Kylesar1

This is my loudest bork
A group of young Pokemon stumbling upon a once in a lifetime opportunity, turned into a nightmare. The Sea Temple, something that comes around every 100 years or so, a museum of absolute legend obscured by the evasiveness and timeliness of it. All our elites are out, the guilds can't spare anyone so they turned to me and our litter. We can't put this one off, as it's Young Masters we got missing. I'd go myself but.......... you wanted to volunteer yourselves. I applaud the initiative. I just want you to know young'un, this ain't our field trainin'. This is the real deal, the big bad. I trained you, so I have nothing complete faith in you. It is a dangerous world out there and you may never come back. But I don't need to tell you this. You know the risk, but are you prepared for the risk? I have faith in my Pups. I have faith you, my Young Masters

Save those young'uns, rook. You wanted to join a Guild as an adventurer? This is the way to guarantee your stripes. You'll go from promising Pups to dependable Herdiers
-Quixote the Stoutland, Guildmaster of Guild Young Masters

• Guild Young Masters is a trainee guild of younger Pokemon wanting to eventually join a guild as a full-fledged member. It's kind of like cadet
  • OOC: Quixote is pronounced Kee-Hou-Tae (or Key-Hoe-Tay). I initially thought it was pronounced Key-Zoe

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is a series lost to neglect in favor of bigger pastures (aka the main series). Still, I enjoy it for what it is and I already got a story in place to go beyond the initial mission. I tend to do things in PMD RPs a bit different. Instead of 4 moves which doesn't make sense in the natural Pokemon world, I allow Pokemon to use EVERY move they can naturally learn, EVERY Egg move, then 2 TMs. Tutor moves must be learned in the RP. If there's another ability, I'll also allow it learnable within the RP. I go by current gen logic. No Dynamax, no Legendaries or Mythicals. Any question about any other type/category of Pokemon I can answer directly. I'm not trying to encourage metagaming or anything here. Just some young weaker pokemon who want to do heroic work

I like to focus on adventure over game logic, and I think it opens up a lot of story options. I had a good story with another player where this idea worked. I just need someone to do this with. I'm talking a fairly close friendship with actual hardship, very intimate friendship but not romantic (I guess negotiable). It's more about the world and adventure moreso than game logic. I can do this either via public threat or via DM. Overall, I'm looking for one or two people
  • That isn't to say that there isn't game logic, but it's different. Dungeon "floors" are areas (like instead of "FLOORS" of a forest, it's parts of a forest until they traverse it completely). There will be more whimsical dungeons, but that's the basic logic I'm going with.

My requirements in a partner: Someone who can type more than a sentence or two. I can't work with one-liners. I'm fairly loose but I want someone who is invested in building the world and a character, who wants THEIR character to have their arc. We're building this together. Someone committed for the long term. I'm in the army and I deploy and whatnot, so I appreciate someone who looks long term. Not that I take incredibly long pauses despite deploying, but if that ever hits, I want a player so committed to the story that it doesn't matter. My main RP has been going on for like 3 years, to put it in perspective lmao

Tag me if you're interested. Again, we can go either DM or thread. I'm also open to small group (3 max if that's the case)

Last edited:
I'm down for this, either playing as a dratini (just cause I love dragonair) or as a flabebe (cause even the smallest pokemon can make a difference).

I'm down for this, either playing as a dratini (just cause I love dragonair) or as a flabebe (cause even the smallest pokemon can make a difference).
Building into a Psuedo is definitely allowed (plus I LOVE Dragonair), but Flabebe is a fun option for a type that gets too much slander. Let me know which you're leaning into, assuming that you're down to go all in

I'll go with the tiny fairy pokemon; it's not every RP where I get to play a tiny character, after all!

I'll go with the tiny fairy pokemon; it's not every RP where I get to play a tiny character, after all!
Excellent, let's get it going then. I want it to be a lighthearted overall but it's not exactly a kind world

DM or thread? Want to know how to followup for you and where to get the RP going. Thread allows the potential for others to join. DM keeps it closed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back