• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Sea Temple Prison

Kylesar1

This is my loudest bork
We are now open. ALWAYS ACCEPTING
Important Links

IC
OOC
CS
Interest Check

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Sea Temple Prison

giphy.gif

Plot

full

The Sea Temple is an underwater temple hidden by the raging seas by its color. It floats along with the raging seas and resurfaces every 5 years for only about 12 hours. In this window, any can enter and discover its secrets. However, since every sea is connected and its completely hidden and moves, not many if any have ever actually taken advantage of this window.

However, disaster strikes when a group of young Pokemon wander into the temple and get lost. Before they can find their way out, the Temple submerges again in the vast almost endless ocean. Now a group of young ones are lost in a Temple and may have drowned. It's up to a team of courageous Pokemon to brave the stormy seas, dark caves, and other stuff to track down this temple and save those that are trapped in this now Sea Temple Prison...........or find their drowned bodies and lay them to rest..............

Overview

This RP takes place in the Hoenn Region, but will be moving to other regions throughout, as they track down the Sea Temple. I plan to visit at least 3 of the 7 regions in this RP. The logic is 7th Gen, meaning that every Pokemon currently made is available, with some exceptions of course.

Level 25 Max to start. You will be able to level up as time moves on
No Legendaries

RP Mechanics
Battling in this RP works more like the Anime than the Game, where everything is moving........So you're not just sitting in a menu screen trading hits. Natures and EVs are irrelevant to this RP, so to cut down on Competition and Metagaming. The focus is on the adventure, not the battle. The elemental chart remains the same. Don't expect a pure bug-type to beat a fire-type easily. OHKOs aren't common (at least in the show), but are a thing. An arcanine will destroy a Scizor with a flamethrower (4x weakness) in one hit. Not a lot of negotiation can be done there.

Moves
Unlike most pokemon RPs, where you're only allowed 4 moves, you're allowed to have every single move that the Pokemon learns by leveling (up to their actual level), plus 3 TM/HM moves. This'll cut down on competition and give players more creative freedom

To reiterate, this rp will function like the anime as opposed to the game. You're moving around and not just sitting around trading hits. There aren't any never-miss moves. Every move can be dodged someway somehow. Detail is important in this RP, as many moves differ.

General RP Overview

Every RP I've been involved in more than a few posts have been Casual in nature. As a result, in this RP, a paragraph minimum is a rule. You can certainly post more than that, but the paragraph minimum. It shouldn't be too much to ask. I love good interaction and battles. Romance is a thing, so long as it doesn't stagnate the RP. I don't want 10 pages of you cuddling up to your fellow squirtle in your secret base

Creativity and Dedication is the most important thing in any RP, and this one is no exception. I need dedicated players with lots of creativity and who will post.

Overview
Levels: Starting off it's 20 max. You can level up and evolve
You can learn every single move the Pokemon naturally learns, and 2 TM/HM moves
No Legendaries
No Psuedos
Mega Evos are gonna be making a pretty late appearance if at all

Any and all questions will be answered

Last edited:
Seems interesting. How many people are you looking for, and how do you imagine the story will unfold?

I might be interested! I'll join if you're having trouble finding people!
Seems interesting. How many people are you looking for, and how do you imagine the story will unfold?
I wanna join! Been looking for a fresh Pokemon RP for a while now.

Wow
I have to say, even I forgot that this Interest Check existed

Thank Arceus though. I'll get the thread up

Interest!
Been a while. Are you still in?

Yup still interested!
I might be interested! I'll join if you're having trouble finding people!

I wanna join! Been looking for a fresh Pokemon RP for a while now.
We're up and running. All links at the top of my new and improved RP overview

Users who are viewing this thread

Back