• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: Million Step Journey

Characters
Here

Crow

Top-tier Avian Master
All aboard the The S.S. Calyrex, a Calyrex-class cruise ship forged in the shipyards of Galar and named after a legendary king of its ancient past. It was decked out in many things - buffets, outdoor pools, luxurious rooms - to oversimplify things, it was a 5-star hotel surfing the vast seas.

It went to various regions, picking and leaving passengers, but now, it was headed for the ever-warm Seanor Region, said to be hotter compared to most other regions - not counting places close to volcanoes. The only region that was said to be able to hold a candle to it was Alola with its sunny beaches.

Right now, a few of these passengers awaited their arrival to the Seanor Region as they hung around the vast cruise ship.

Kenshin772 Kenshin772 Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

Laying in a sweaty mess on his Bed. Errik stared at the ceiling of his suite while his Mimikyu and Roggenrola played around on the floor below him. "Why is it so hot in here even with the air conditioning" His brain complained as he failed to find a comfortable position to lay in. In a big huff Errik pushed himself off his king sized bed and pulled on his blue hoodie over top of his compression shirt "Might as well get on deck, at least the wind is moving up there"

Mimikyu and Roggenrola in reaction to Errik's sudden movement Lined up by the suite door bouncing around excitedly about going out to see the ship. Out of his peripherals Errik spotted his little miscreants whilst he struggled to pull his jeans on "Alright, Mimikyu hop on. Roggenrola sorry bud you're to heavy, into the ball" He groans as Roggenrola returns to his pokeball.

With his clothes in order, pokemon sorted, and Mimikyu on his shoulder Errik headed out above deck looking for a nice quiet spot in the ocean breeze.​

Lyle was currently staring at the ceiling, not really sure what he wanted to do at all. Sure he could have been studying some of the books he had gotten before boarding the ship, but honestly, he really didn't want to do anything. On the side, his Totodile was running away from Beldum, having decided to splash the the iron ball pokemon with water gun. "Stop you two." He said out to them before signing to himself and standing up. Stretching for a bit, he nodded at himself before returning Beldum back into the pokeball, turning toward Totodile. "I dont know how much longer we are gonna be here, but let's see if we can do something fun." He said before exiting his room and heading toward a random area.​

Ace stood on the deck of the ship, eyes closed, breathing in the sea air. Vas was on his shoulder, looking curiously about. Ace opened his eyes, and scanned the sea, looking for something interesting.

"A Luvdisc, another Luvdisc, yet another. This is kinda boring, wouldn't ya say, Vas?" Ace asked. Vas made a noise of assent, unable to find anything interesting to do. "Well, let's find something to do!" Ace said cheerfully. He sat down at a nearby table, and started searching through his backpack for something to entertain the little imp.​

61eadefdfddeb6b13293e131b7483d73.jpg
Name: Chieko Haya
Pokémon: Buizel, Piloswine

ChiHa is on the deck of the ship, looking for patches of land, but with not much success. Her Piloswine is playing with her other pokémon, Buizel. They get along fairly well, it's mostly just Piloswine running with Buizel on her back. -I wonder if anybody will come and talk to me.-ChiHa thinks to herself. This is not the first time she was alone in a new world, but she hopes this will be her last trip like this.

She looked down, over the bar, and got seasick very quickly, so she went into her room, and layed down.-"Come on, ChiHa, you can do this. You can get valuable friends"-said ChiHa out loud, and then clapped her cheeks. She put on a smiley face, got up, and went out to the deck of the ship again, but this time, she wants to talk to somebody
. She didn't find anybody yet, so she went to the nearest bar on the ship she could find.

Last edited:
The vast expanse of endless water, the blindingly bright sun, all the noises of other people and their Pokémon, the feeling of wind blowing through his hair; all things that Jericho expected when he boarded the vessel. In all honesty though, it was nice and to be honest somewhat relaxing, yet somehow nerve racking at the same time. The idea of familiarity being left abandoned in the oceans' currents to sink away was something Jericho expected, but even then a bit of him still felt afraid yet exhilarated. "You know, the more you look over, the more likely you are to fall in." Jericho said as he looked down onto the railing beside him. Lacerta was staring at the waves the sea craft left behind as it parted the ocean during its voyage as small Pokémon from Finneon to Magikarp and even the occasional Mantine would jump out of the ocean, startled by the ocean craft. Upon hearing that statement, Lacerta removed herself from the railing and climb up her trainer's sleeve, perching herself upon Jericho's shoulder and sitting down as she continued to stare at the water below. It was somewhat hypnotic to be honest, it was able to keep Jericho's mind away from all the bad thoughts of what could happen, and it was able to keep his shoulder sitting spitfire in place long enough to recognize the beauty of the open ocean.

"A shame we don't have something to tread the waters with." Jericho thought to himself, the Premier ball shaking in place from his belt loop before popping open slightly, a red spark appearing from it and then suddenly disappearing with a large, shambling Druddigon taking its place. Aries too looked out into the vast expanse of sea water somewhat soothed as he placed a clawed hand upon Jericho's shoulder for reassurance. A side glance and nod was all it took let the young trainer know that everything was gonna be alright. Aries just had that air about him, the he knew that there was only going to be more good than bad when it came to this new adventure waiting in store for the three of them. Lacerta stretched before yawning at the sky, shaking her head to wake up from the lull of the soothing ocean waves. "Let's go find a place to sit... I'm sure they'll be serving food soon." Jericho said as he removed himself from the railing, stomping his foot lightly to prevent it from falling asleep as he looked around for an open seat somewhere along the terrace with not many people around. Managing to spot an open seat that seemed to luckily be void of other people within a somewhat decent radius of the area of the chair. He nodded, his making a look of approval has he began to walk to the open chair, his Druddigon following behind him as his trainer sat down; his Druddigon sitting down on the floor beside the seat.

Walking along the topside railing Errik and Mimikyu watched the deck for open spots between the crowd where he can sit and not be bothered. As he walked a Druddigon breaking out of his pokeball caught Errik's attention he stopped for a moment not wanting to approach in the event it started going berserk. When the Dragon type and his trainer turned around and walked in to a gap of passengers "bingo" he thought to himself "Normal people won't go near a grumpy Dragon, perfect camouflage"

Continuing down the deck Errik made for the spot he saw the Druddigon move to eventually coming into view of a trainer with a black lizard pokemon on his shoulder and his Druddigon laying behind him. Errik eyed the dark haired trainer for a couple of seconds before he arranged his face in the "Polite Stranger" look and made his approach "Hey there, Mind if I get a seat next to you? it's hard to find an isolated space up here on deck and it's too hot down in the suites" Before finishing his sentence Mimikyu leapt off his shoulder to the floor below and waved to the Small black lizard pokemon in a playful manor.​

Jericho closed his eyes and tried to keep them shut, but the sound of a sudden voice made his eyes shoot open. He eyed the blonde trainer who couldn't be any younger than him as he was asked whether or not he could spare a seat beside him. Jericho contemplated as he gazed away for a brief moment, even though it felt like it took nearly a whole hour to figure whether or not to say yes, no, or anything for that matter he let out his response moments after analyzing the trainer. Jericho gave the trainer a sideways glance before nodding to the side, granting him allowance to sit in the seat that he honestly didn't even need permission to sit in to begin with. He didn't bother to make conversation, he was honestly just hoping for some peace and quiet. Well, as much peace and quiet as one could achieve on the front deck of a cruise liner during the early afternoon. However, the ever present Lacerta thought otherwise.

She noticed the small toy-like Pokémon wave at her but was confused; was it a toy or something more? Lacerta wanted to investigate further but she knew better than to talk to strangers sometimes. However, it didn't stop her from reciprocating back the hello she received, her lips forming a closed eye smile and tail wagging from side to side. Aries however was a bit cautious about the trainer who'd just joined as there was a familiar air about him. He looked down at the trainer before moving his vision elsewhere, his thoughts moving to how he gave off a similar scent to what Jericho used to have before finally going through with this voyage; a scent of emptiness. When Aries moved his vision, his gaze fell upon the Mimikyu which to him, was an off-putting sight. Mildly eerie to the Dragon type, but he paid it no mind nd simply exhaled heavily before closing his eyes to try and relax as well.

Lacerta had different thoughts however. The small feminine Salandit hopped off of her trainer's shoulder and onto her older 'brother's' head. She spun around in a circle a couple of times before lying down and resting her head on the ridge of Aries's snout. Lacerta eyed both the trainer and his Pokémon below her inquisitively, curios as to who they were and what it is they wanted. Maybe an offer of friendship was on the table? She liked friendship as it generally gave her more things to do and play around with.

Name: Chieko Haya(ChiHa)
With: Ace( Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe )

It was a bar, wich served non-alcoholic drinks named after Legendary Pokemon. She sat right infront of the bartender, with just the counter between them. She ordered a Heatran. She quickly got it, and it was very hot and spicy, wich she found very pleasant. She gave a little taste of it to her Pokémon, but they didn't like it that much. She finished it, then payed the bartender, and tipped him. Now, she started to scout, who should she talk to. There were many people there, maybe a little bit too much for ChiHa and her two fairly large Pokémon. She saw, that people who were at the bar were much older than her, and much taller than her. She decided to bail from there, and instead went around the ship. She was having fun, playing with Piloswine and Buizel. She would grab onto Piloswine, then put Buizel on her back, and ski on the deck, feeling like they were at home in the snow. But that's behind her now. She would sing a Whole New World, but she thinks she couldn't do it justice.

After a little while, she noticed a boy, similar age, similar height, but he was looking for something in his bag, and he had an Impidimp on his shoulder. She decided, that she will go, and talk to him. She was hesitating soooooooooo much...-What if he doesn't wanna talk to me. What if I mess up and knock him overboard-. Then Piloswine came to the rescue, and pushed here near him, and now, ChiHa had the bravery to say-"Hello, nice to meet you!"-she was frightened, happy and energetic at the same time. Piloswine and Buizel cheered her on in the back very enthusiastically.

Last edited:
"Alright Vas, the thing I've really got is a Rubik's cube, so do you want that?" Ace asked his Impidimp. Vas nodded, snatched up the toy cube, and jumped to the table they were sitting at. "So that's taken care of, now I just need something for me." Ace muttered to himself. Fortunately, someone came up to him and said something, so this might prove to be the distraction he needs. "Nice to meet you too." Ace says to the girl. "My names Ace. What's yours?"​

ChiHa was shocked that he responded. Her eyes brightened up, and she smiled at him. She then proceeded to bow, and say-"My name is Chieko Haya, but people usually call me ChiHa. Nice to meet you Ace!"-she straightened up, and asked- "Do you mind, if I sit here?"-she pointed at the seat opposite of Ace. She gave off a very enthusiastic and energetic vibe, maybe a little bit too energetic. Her hair was organised and her face was as bright and full of life as it could be. Her Pokémon followed her, like she was the queen, and they were her bodyguards. She wore a long red hawaii shirt with white flowers on it, and white shorts. Basically, her whole outfit was red and white.

TheHoboKingdev TheHoboKingdev

"Sure thing, ChiHa." Ace said, shrugging when she pointed at the seat across from him. "I don't have anyone I'm saving that seat for, so feel free to sit there." It was at this point Vas gave up on the Rubik's cube, jumping over to Ace, setting it in his lap, and clambering back onto his shoulder. "So," Ace asked ChiHa, "What are you planning on doing in Seanor?" As Ace said this, he put the Rubik's cube back into his backpack.​

Watching the Dark haired Trainer's movements Errik made his way to the seat next to him "Much obliged" He said as he sat down pulling his Pokedex from his hoodie pocket; he angled the scanner toward the small Black Lizard that had made it's way to the top of the Druddigon. "Never seen that one before" Errik thought as his Pokedex began to scan the small unfamiliar Pokemon.

"DING!" rung out the Pokedex as it finished it's scan "Salandit, the Toxic Lizard Pokemon; This sneaky Pokemon will sneak up on its prey and immobilize it using a Toxic gas it creates using it's poison sac and the flame within it's tail." Read out the Pokedex's electronic voice as Errik failed to mute it in time leaving him awkwardly attempting to strangle the electronic device

"Whoops could have sworn that was muted," He attempted to laugh it off before returning to attempting to strangle his Pokedex "Rotom you sneaky git"

All the while: Mimikyu disappointed that the small Lizard wouldn't play with him and his trainer began to get comfortable and fiddle with the Electric demon. Mimikyu had a chance to wander on it's own and he would seize it skulking away through the crowd using Shadow Sneak to avoid detection as he gave his trainer the slip for some mischievous fun.

K6-Unit K6-Unit

Lacerta noted the small doll-like Pokémon skittering away into the busy crowd of people while his trainer foolishly didn't keep track of it. If there were ever a time to skedaddle to roam and explore now was the time. Both trainers were preoccupied and as it stood Aries was too zen'd out to notice the lack of weight lost from atop his head. Lacerta's mouth formed into a slight grin as she carefully moved from atop of Aries's head and onto the railing that lied behind him. She held onto the metal tightly as she too skittered out into the crowd, trying to go unnoticed as to follow the Mimikyu who left her device strangling trainer behind. She contemplated what she'd actually do once she caught up to the Mimikyu, but she honestly didn't even think that she'd get this far, so everything was still a large work in progress for her.

Meanwhile, Jericho completely oblivious to the fact that his Salandit ran off to chase after Errik's Mimikyu, silently chuckled after hear the boy's rotom dex go off. "You can scan the big boy too if you so choose. He won't mind so long as you don't get into his face while you do it." Jericho said as he shifted slighty to regain his comfortability. Honestly it's been some time since he'd seen a Rotom, let alone one using a Pokédex as a host. Most of the ones he's used to are the ones people use to help them cool off during the hot summer days. "This cruise just gets more and more interesting." Jericho thought to himself as he pondered what else he would exactly come into contact with. He hadn't even reached the Seanor region and already he was discovering new things.

"Thaaaank you^^"-
said ChiHa, then she proceeded to hop on the seat. "As for why am I here... Good question. I just wanna meet and battle all sorts of people, and possibly befriend them. And also catch some Pokémon along the way."-said ChiHa, then asked-"And what is your reason, if I can ask, for coming here?"-she was a little bit nervous, because she doesn't like asking people about personal stuff, because she feels like she invaded their personal aura(wich she totally did physically).

Her Piloswine with Buizel on it's back looked playfully at the Impidimp. They really wanted to play with him/her, but they just casually stared at the Impidimp, while sitting next to ChiHa.

"Me?" Ace asked. "I suppose it's because I'm doing the Global Trainer program, and Seanor is where you sign up." Ace then noticed that Vas and ChiHa's buizel looked like they wanted to play with each other, so Ace nudged Vas towards the buizel. Vas let out a squeak, half-heartedly glared in Ace's direction, and jumped onto ChiHa's piloswine's back, booped the buizel on it's nose, and then jumped off as if it wanted the buizel to chase it.​

"Global Trainer Program...do they have a place for me to join?"-ChiHa seemed interested. She was serious about it, you could hear it in her voice. She got up from her seat, and started stretching, like she was warming up for something. Maybe the arrival to the shore. Maybe something else. Who knows. She looked very happy. Her eyes were shining like stars on a clear night.

The buizel of hers looked at her like it wanted to ask for permission-"Have fun, little girl, and you too, big lady."-she looked at piloswine and buizel. And the two pokemon went started to chase the impidimp. ChiHa looked at them and looked even happier than before.
-"So, is there a place for me in that Program?^^"

"Oh, I almost forgot!"
-she reached into her pockets and taken out a piece of paper. "My dad gave me this. It has an address on it, wich he said I need to go to."

Last edited:
Breathing a sigh of relief Errik ceased the strangling of his Rotom and let it power down. "sorry bout that, and thank you for the offer" Errik leaned back in his seat a bit and placed his Dex back his Hoodie pocket. "I've actually already scanned a Druddigon before. Some challenger that came to my sister's gym had a full team of Dragon types." Errik paused for a moment remembering the battle "Poor guy beat every Pokemon except Zebstrika only to have ol'stripey wipe his whole team"

Mimikyu after gaining some distance posted himself up on the top of the seaside railing looking around for interesting people to bother when he noticed that the smaller black lizard had followed him from just below the railing. "Mim Mim? (You followed?)"​

It took Jericho a small amount of time to fully understand what it was that Errik had just said but then it'd came to him. "So you must be... Elesa's brother...? I guess, right?" he asked, dismissing the apology as nothing. He pondered to himself as he gave Errik a look over, before looking up at the sky. "You know, if you hadn't said anything I wouldn't have even guessed, but looking at it now you two do seem somewhat alike." Jericho added scratching the back of his head in confusion. He honestly didn't think about the fact that a fashion model/gym leader would even have a sibling. Then again, there was a lot that he honestly didn't know about. "I guess all that doesn't matter though. What're you here for exactly if you don't mind me asking?" the dark haired trainer asked, sighing at the thought that maybe he was getting just a bit too nosy or talkative.

Aries on the other hand continued to ponder, his eyes closed as he rested, the sound of waves drowning out the Pokémon's thoughts until snapping out of it when a Mantine splashed loudly as it hopped from the ocean before splashing back in waters it came from. Well it was nice till it lasted, but then something clicked in the dragon's mind, like gears churning together. Any weight on the Druddigon's head was gone, which meant that Lacerta moved off at some point while Aries wasn't paying attention. She wasn't around from what he could smell, which prompted him to get up quickly to look around. She wasn't on Jericho from what he could see and she wasn't anywhere near or around the area that they were in. The little scamp had ran off, and by the looks of it with the Mimikyu who was also missing from the scene. Aries did a loud exhale before turning to his trainer to catch his trainer's attention.

"Landit sal Salandit sal. (Looked like you wanted to play, so I followed.)" Lacerta replied after managing to catch up if not for a brief moment. To be frank, Lacerta wasn't sure if this was such a good idea, but if they did get lost she knew that Aries would likely find them. He was very good at analyzing scents and worst case scenario, the two had made a unique way of leading one to the other in case Lacerta did manage to somehow get lost. Although, thinking of it now, Lacerta was a bit curious as to what exactly they were going to do.

Errik's eye twitched in slight annoyance at Elesa's name but he brought it upon himself and he'd have to live with it. "Correct, and believe me you're not the first to say as much about us" Errik leaned back up and turned his attention the Dark Hair trainer "And that's just it. People don't even know I exist and she gets all the attention. I accepted the invitation for this Global Gym Challenge to hopefully make a name for myself, I want a seat among the Global Gym Leaders so I can leave my sister's shadow" Errik paused a moment and calmed himself down a bit "Sorry, too much info. For now I want to focus on the one hundred percent completion of my National Dex, hence why I scanned your" Errik turned to look at Druddigon and Salandit and stopped cold for a moment before looking around frantically "Ah, Balls they've run off the little miscreants"

Mimikyu's body shook a bit kind of like a laugh which caused the disguised Pikachu head to bobble slightly "Mim Mim! (Good good, I was afraid you'd gone to sleep with your big brother)" Mimikyu looked out to the crowd on deck and began surveying the various heads of the humans aboard the ship "Mim Mim, Mim Mimkyu (Look for the people with colored hair, they usually provide the best amusement when you play with them)" Mimikyu was intent on having some fun before he was caught by Errik and Roggenrola, Even if it meant hiding with another trainer.​

"Aye, more power to you man. I can admire someone who's looking to make something of themselves." Jericho responded, noting the slight agitation from bringing up Errik's sister. It didn't take too long for Jericho to snap back into the current situation when he heard speak of the miscreants running off. It took a moment for everything to sink before he was tapped on the shoulder. Aries stood beside Jericho as his trainer turned towards him. The Pokémon pointed at its head before shrugging eluding to the fact that Lacerta ditched the both of them and by the looks of it, Errik's Mimikyu had also disappeared as well. "Oh that utter ass..." Jericho thought to himself as realized what it was that Erikk meant when he said that they'd 'ran off'. "Well that's not kosher..." Jericho muttered as he placed his hand on face in a face palm before running it through his hair in contemplation. "They couldn't have gotten far... I hope." Jericho said as he returned his hand to his side and looked around before sitting up and standing. "Assuming they're together it's probably be best to split up. There's a lot of area to cover even in this small radius and they could be anywhere." Jericho said as he looked at his Druddigon who raised a hand in response; a small ember emerging from the Pokémon's palm before being extinguished immediately. "Aries and Lacerta managed to set up a specific way to find each other in case they got separated. As for your Mimkyu however, assuming they aren't together I guess it'd be smart if I helped you track it down." Jericho added as he started to ponder just where the hell to even start looking. The ship was huge and the crowds of people would make it hard to listen out or see either of the two.

Lacerta cocked her head to the side out of curiosity."Salandit lan sala. (That's pretty... Specific.)" Lacerta noted as she looked around. There were no people of that specificity anywhere near by, but then again this was a large ship. There was bound to be someone if not multiple individuals that fit the specifications of what Mimkyu said to look out for. The question was though, what made them so interesting to him. Whatever it was, he looked like he was a natural when it came to looking for some fun times. Who was she to tell whether or not he was wrong after all?

And so it was time.

Our grand cruiser had docked upon the docks of Clearport City, Seanor. One of the first sights many would see upon alighting was the statue of the fabled Red Gyrados of Clearport, a legend from centuries ago linked with the city's discovery, signifying its ancient name as the Red Gyrados Port. The statue, all things considered, was greyish, unpainted stone, so no one could really tell what colour the original Gyrados was without prior knowledge, though its most notable feature was how it continuously spewed a fountain of water from its stone mouth.

Most of the sight was towering skyscrapers and stylistic buildings, made from sleek silvery metal, solid concrete and clear glass. Establishments, malls, living areas, so on.

But that which dominated this city wasn't the focus. The destination was right up North - a three-storey building that matched the provided address given to our participants.

Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe TheHoboKingdev TheHoboKingdev Kenshin772 Kenshin772 K6-Unit K6-Unit Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

Ace peered at the piece of paper, and his face lit up in surprise. "It appears you might already be in it." he said. "That's where I'm supposed to head anyways. The professor's lab."

It was at this point that the ship stopped moving, causing Ace to look around, then notice they had docked. He grinned happily. "Looks like we're here, Clearport City! Hey," He said turning towards ChiHa, "Do you wanna head there together? I've got a trick to get through the crowd. What do you say?"​

"Really?!"-answered ChiHa in suprise. "Sounds good to me."-said playfully. She looked over the rails, and there it was. The ever beautiful concrete beaches of Seanor. The air was warm and really pleasant. Her clothes were caught in the wind, making her almost fly away,but it was worth it for the view. Then she turned around and clapped three times really fast, to wich her Pokemon ran to her- "Come on, girls. We need to leave the boat. We're finally here."- she grinned at Ace, and said-"I'll meet you at the ship's exit. I have to get my things from my room."

"Cool. I'll meet you there." Ace said to ChiHa. "I have to get some stuff too." He waved a temporary good-bye to her, and left to his room. It was there he grabbed his things, and paused thinking about the trick he had mentioned. It wasn't that he couldn't do it, it was just he had never tried to take another person along with him whenever he used Shadow Sneak, and he'd rather not do it when there's an element of risk. Ace continued to grab his, deciding he wouldn't use Shadow Sneak to get through the crowd, got to the ship's exit and began to wait.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back