• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokémon Link (Pokémon / .hack)

waifu

චᆽච
lFgsCCC.png

Pokémon Link is a newly released MMORPG that has quickly become the most popular online game with over 30 million players. Instead of being a Pokémon trainer though, you play as the Pokémon. Well, kind of. Players have to go through an extensive registration process, and at the end of it all the game decides your Pokémon for you. Your human character then links with the chosen Pokémon.

Once formed, players cannot break the link between their chosen Pokémon and themselves. Currently, you cannot link with another Pokémon. Legendaries cannot be linked with. The linking process is a mystery, but Pokémon that are considered rare are rarely linked as well (This includes Shiny Pokémon.).

Players gain new moves as you level up, just like Pokémon. You can also find TMs scattered throughout the game to use. HMs do not exist in this game. The ability to delete moves and relearn them exists. Evolution and Mega Evolution is possible.

You cannot catch Pokémon in this game, though they still exist in this MMORPG's setting. Lots of Pokémon are seen in their habitat and other environments to interact and play mini-games with. They don't fight, but they can help you! You might see abra at teleporting stations or pidgeot that you can ride to reach somewhere quicker. Be careful though, as there are some Pokémon that are used in the game as traps.

Players cannot engage in battles with other players or NPCs just anywhere, you can only fight in the wilderness areas or battle arenas. There are multiple kinds of servers, each based on the actual regions from the Pokémon game. The cities in Pokémon Link are made to mimic the cities in the regular games exactly. The goal of the game is still to beat Gym Leaders and The Elite Four from all these regions.

Game moderators and administrators are present to ensure the rules and regulations of Pokémon Link are being followed. Players can create and join guilds, and that comes with its own set of features.

7UDdH5I.png
System is Pokémon Link's UI and mascot. Her appearance is based off of the Pokémon porygon. She guides you during the character creation process and other in-game tutorials, notifies you of new messages, helps in blocking/reporting players, initiates player battles, and other important functions. Players are required to wear headsets while playing this game. Pokémon Link makes you voice out your moves to System when you're engaged in battle (i.e. "System, Quick Attack!").

Recently, Pokémon Link has been involved in a big controversy in the gaming community. A notorious group of hackers, going by MissingNo., have been stealing other player accounts. They have successfully fused these stolen accounts with their own and can switch between their many links at any given time. This is absolutely not allowed, and anyone caught doing so will have their accounts permanently banned. Stolen accounts' appearances cannot be changed, so that is one way to catch a hacker.

If that wasn't bad enough, rumors are that a few members of this group have somehow obtained legendaries from the game's database and are able to link with them. This is big news because the game makers have always been against legendary links.

Dream_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png

Level: Casual

Post Quality: Mid Quality and Higher

Post Length: 1-3 Paragraphs

Genre: Fantasy / Fandom

Secondary Genre: Slice-of-Life

Prerequisites: Some understanding of Pokémon

Scale: Any size group works

Thank you for reading all of that! I know it was a lot of information. I actually came up with this concept a long time ago, but unfortunately I didn't have enough people interested in it at the time. I decided to bring it back because I really like the setting. I hope you guys like it!

I think with a big setting like this, group effort is a must. Please talk to me about how the story should progress, and just kind of bounce ideas off of each other about anything really. I was wondering how many moves should a player know. Should they know four? more than four? unlimited? Tell me what you think!

I'm also still figuring out how Mega Evolution is going to work here, since I made this when that wasn't a thing.

*We will be using Pokémon gijinka or humanized Pokémon for our appearances.

Lastly, grammar and clarity are very important to me, so please keep that in mind!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like this idea, but why wouldn't players be allowed to evolve? Wouldn't / couldn't that just be a part of the linking system?

Turnip said:
COUNT ME IN!
giphy.gif

Archbeast said:
I really like this idea, but why wouldn't players be allowed to evolve? Wouldn't / couldn't that just be a part of the linking system?
Hmm, to be honest that's just how I wrote this. I wanted there to be a lot of diversity back in the day, I think there were only about... 300-something Pokémon then? Of course, now we have 718 Pokémon, so I can totally include player evolution. It would be interesting to see players equipping evolution stones - would also make Mega Evolution a lot easier to write. That said though, players can be linked to any part of the evolution chain. So someone could start the game at level 1 while being linked to flaffy or even greninja.

Edit: Edited the first post to include evolution!

I was actually hoping to get more people interested! I'm figuring out things like the amount of characters that should be allowed, plot progression, and what not in the meanwhile.

I'll whip up an OOC thread once we have a few more people.

@waifu

How would the pokemon link world work? would we have stats, and if so, how would they be determined?

How does combat work? Will it adopt the same form of turn based combat as the original games?

How do the quests in the game work, party system, non pvp areas?

Are the gym leaders a single strong pokemon?

How do you earn income in this game? Will it take from the game in that it's mostly from NPC/player battles where the winner earns x amount of gold/pokedollars from the loser?

Do humans exist in this world? (i.e not us but npc trainers, possibly nurse joys unless the pokecentres will just be occupied by wigglytuffs/chanseys/blisseys/etc)

Will other rpers play as Missingno characters? or will you play them as part of the plot?

How will items work? Will they work as traditional mmo's or will it just be one item held? Also will human made items exist? (i.e potions)

Thank you.

How would the pokemon link world work? would we have stats, and if so, how would they be determined?

I don't want to dwell on numbers, because I want this to be a fun experience and not a competition. My focus is mostly on the plot, but of course there will be a lot of action for us to play out. The stats are exactly like the game. If you're a level 23 slowpoke player for instance, you're going to have the same stats as of a level 23 slowpoke.

How does combat work? Will it adopt the same form of turn based combat as the original games?

Nope, real time combat. So you're constantly attacking/dodging one another.

Same as all the other MMOs you've played really. The stuff about MissingNo. is not just a game quest though, they're actual hackers.

Yes, they are their "best" pokemon. You'd also have to fight the other members of the gym. This isn't a forum-based RP though, this is just going to take place in one thread. So we're going to be focusing on the story at hand.

How do you earn income in this game? Will it take from the game in that it's mostly from NPC/player battles where the winner earns x amount of gold/pokedollars from the loser?

Yes!

Do humans exist in this world? (i.e not us but npc trainers, possibly nurse joys unless the pokecentres will just be occupied by wigglytuffs/chanseys/blisseys/etc)

Yes, non-linked NPCs exist. Plenty of Nurse Joys and Officer Jennys for everyone!

Will other rpers play as Missingno characters? or will you play them as part of the plot?

I see you're thinking ahead. Yes, we'll all play the good and the bad guys! Plus other side characters that'll help the story move forward or help flesh out your character more. (Only if you want to, though.)

How will items work? Will they work as traditional mmo's or will it just be one item held? Also will human made items exist? (i.e potions)

It'll be like a traditional MMO. All the items that are used in the pokemon games will be available for the players.

(•́⌄•́๑)૭✧ Hope that helped, @Azuria!

waifu said:

I don't want to dwell on numbers, because I want this to be a fun experience and not a competition. My focus is mostly on the plot, but of course there will be a lot of action for us to play out. The stats are exactly like the game. If you're a level 23 slowpoke player for instance, you're going to have the same stats as of a level 23 slowpoke.

Nope, real time combat. So you're constantly attacking/dodging one another.

Same as all the other MMOs you've played really. The stuff about MissingNo. is not just a game quest though, they're actual hackers.

Yes, they are their "best" pokemon. You'd also have to fight the other members of the gym. This isn't a forum-based RP though, this is just going to take place in one thread. So we're going to be focusing on the story at hand.

Yes!

Yes, non-linked NPCs exist. Plenty of Nurse Joys and Officer Jennys for everyone!

I see you're thinking ahead. Yes, we'll all play the good and the bad guys! Plus other side characters that'll help the story move forward or help flesh out your character more. (Only if you want to, though.)

It'll be like a traditional MMO. All the items that are used in the pokemon games will be available for the players.

(•́⌄•́๑)૭✧ Hope that helped, @Azuria!
Thank you very much, very appreciated. (o'v'o)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back