• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: Legends Foretold (OOC Discussion)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

GojiBean

Your resident irradiated Kaiju King
Roleplay Type(s)
Life. Life. Levi_Ijin Levi_Ijin Phayne Phayne kasigi kasigi PainterFight PainterFight MrBrown MrBrown asphodelus asphodelus RulerOfChad RulerOfChad

Here's an OOC Discussion page we can all use to shoot the breeze.

Also, you can throw as many questions as you want at me and I'll be happy to answer them!

I'll wait to create an IC posting section until we've got everyone's characters posted to the Character section and all Legendary/Mythical Pokemon requests have been approved.

Cheers!

Last edited:
For the legendary/mythical requests do you want a pm or can i just ask here?

For the legendary/mythical requests do you want a pm or can i just ask here?

Either or. DM's keep the threads cleaner. But it's not like it'll break out into a massive discussion or anything. XD

Could I lock in Diancie? I have an idea for a character and am in process of making it but it might take a bit (:

Could I lock in Diancie? I have an idea for a character and am in process of making it but it might take a bit (:

No worries. Take your time.

Approved.

Diancie is your Mythical/Legendary bond partner!

Howdy. I'm thinking of picking Suicune for my character's legendary.

I'm working on my sheet, should have it posted by tomorrow, hopefully.

Howdy. I'm thinking of picking Suicune for my character's legendary.

I'm working on my sheet, should have it posted by tomorrow, hopefully.

Hi there. Take your time! No rush!

Approved.

Suicune is your Legendary bond partner!

Could I lock in either Cobalion or any of the Forces of Nature? Roll a die or whatever suits your fancy; I couldn't choose myself.

Working on the character sheet!

Could I lock in either Cobalion or any of the Forces of Nature? Roll a die or whatever suits your fancy; I couldn't choose myself.

Working on the character sheet!

Yep. None of those have been claimed yet.

Hi! Quick question: if I ended up chosing Kyurem, how would Black and/or White Kyurem function in this setting? Since Kyurem "aborbs" either Reshiram or Zekrom to attain these forms, I assume it would have to function a little differently to mitigate any potential issues.

GojiBean GojiBean Hiya! I’ve started work on my CS but I have a quick question first. I was thinking about maybe having my character’s backstory involve them being a Pokémon Ranger from the Fiore region and was wondering if it’d be alright for them to have a capture styler? If not I totally understand since that might be a pain to work out mechanically/mesh with the more realistic tone of the rp but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to get things cleared up just in case. I’m really looking forward to the rp!

Last edited:
kasigi kasigi Hoyo!

Yes, we'll have to work around that a bit.

The absorption was cool for the games. But given the rather overly high-scifi nature of the process I'll have to axe it entirely. What we can do instead is there will be one of two special items which Kyurem can be fed which will unlock whichever form you desire. I'll have to brainstorm a way to link those items to Reshiram and/or Zekrom. But that can come later.

Note: This will be a permanent one-side unlock, and Kyurem cannot be fed the alternate item (mineral) to unlock the other form as it will reject it on instinct. This will keep it in line with the games having only the one form in each individual game cartridge.

This form will be something of a special "berserker" form Kyurem can take in dire situations. But because of how much energy is expended to maintain it, the form will last for all of 30 seconds before Kyurem reverts to normal.

Does that sound okay to you?

Absollover77 Absollover77 Hoyo! I approved your character, starter, and the use of MewTwo in our DM! But stating it publicly so nobody else clashes with your choices!

SheepKing SheepKing Hoyo!

Yeah, unfortunately the capture styler is a purely video game mechanic which was designed specifically for the stylus feature of the handheld console itself. There's no way to put that into a realistic world, unfortunately.

Thanks for your interest! I look forward to seeing your CS! If you have a non-standard starter please send me a DM letting me know what it is and I will approve it after a brief review. Same for the Legendary/Mythical bond partner!

Cheers!

kasigi kasigi Hoyo!

Yes, we'll have to work around that a bit.

The absorption was cool for the games. But given the rather overly high-scifi nature of the process I'll have to axe it entirely. What we can do instead is there will be one of two special items which Kyurem can be fed which will unlock whichever form you desire. I'll have to brainstorm a way to link those items to Reshiram and/or Zekrom. But that can come later.

Note: This will be a permanent one-side unlock, and Kyurem cannot be fed the alternate item (mineral) to unlock the other form as it will reject it on instinct. This will keep it in line with the games having only the one form in each individual game cartridge.

This form will be something of a special "berserker" form Kyurem can take in dire situations. But because of how much energy is expended to maintain it, the form will last for all of 30 seconds before Kyurem reverts to normal.

Does that sound okay to you?

Absollover77 Absollover77 Hoyo! I approved your character, starter, and the use of MewTwo in our DM! But stating it publicly so nobody else clashes with your choices!

SheepKing SheepKing Hoyo!

Yeah, unfortunately the capture styler is a purely video game mechanic which was designed specifically for the stylus feature of the handheld console itself. There's no way to put that into a realistic world, unfortunately.

Thanks for your interest! I look forward to seeing your CS! If you have a non-standard starter please send me a DM letting me know what it is and I will approve it after a brief review. Same for the Legendary/Mythical bond partner!

Cheers!
Sounds awesome! I'll definitely claim Kyurem, then!

MrBrown MrBrown Both our Pokemon are nicknamed "Blaze." Lol. Hopefully this doesn't get too confusing.

Ah no, Blaze was the ability XD not the nickname. I'll edit the sheet so it's clearer

Ah, okay. My bad. I thought it was a nickname. XD

Abilities aren't a thing in the RP, though. That's purely a game mechanic.

So putting it out there I have the time and dedication to play two characters. If that is allowed I can do it. Considering the rest of the threads I was on more or less died.

Second, any idea on a start ETA cause I am amped about this

Too many potential starter choices.. I was up at 1 AM trying to decide, lmao.

With that said, I'm curious about the starter ideas of those who haven't posted a CS yet! (I'm hoping it'll help me narrow down my own pick, LOL.)

Absollover77 Absollover77 Sure, you can submit more than one CS!

kasigi kasigi Lol. Get some sleep, silly. I'm not going to start the RP until I know it's truly ready to begin. And that won't be until everyone's submitted a CS and been approved for their starters and Legendary/Mythical bond partners.

Speaking of I was wondering if you've looked over my cs yet and if I need to change or edit anything?

RulerOfChad RulerOfChad Hoyo!

Yep! Charlie's approved!

Also, MrBrown MrBrown . Savannah's approved as well, if I never said it earlier.

If anyone pops in and wants to speak with me directly please feel free to tag me or throw me a DM! I sometimes miss posts because of the site's funky notification system.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back