• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: Adventure Awaits

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Prosellet

Searching for her shoe

Grandview Academy, Director's Office
Daryl Hanover had never thought himself an overcritical man. His was an outlook derived from sagacity, a perception of the world born from logic and contemplation rather than hubris and emotion. Brash behavior was not within his nature; premature judgement not part of his character. The very notion that he could generate a negative opinion of a person in less than a handful of interactions was ridiculous. Moronic. It was nothing more than a hair-brained notion born from naught but folly. And yet - the man fought the urge to run a hand over his face - and yet he could not fight the surge of distaste welling within his gut from where he stood behind the seated form of Grandview Academy's newest Director.

As though ignorant of his dislike - or perhaps basking in it - the other man sat facing the campus courtyard. His posture was one of comfort - left ankle perched on his right knee and the strong line of his jaw cupped within his left palm. No tension lined his body, and a fool may have thought him a picture of ease. Daryl knew better; there was no hiding the glint of Garrick Ambridge's eyes. This was a predator garbed in human flesh.

"I take it the preparations are coming along?"

The Director's voice was deceptive in its even tone. The intensity of his gaze, however, gave away the lurking intent in the question. Back straight and hand curled over the files under his other arm, Daryl found the maintenance of his neutral expression a battle he'd never expected to engage in. The muscles lining his mouth were stiff, the reflection staring back at him from the window seeming to enjoying every twitch of his frame. Were he a lesser man, Daryl would have sneered.

"Yes." The professor's grip on his papers tightened. "Everything should be ready by next week."

Garrick hummed. "Good." Dark eyes flitted over the landscape visible through the glass before meeting Daryl's once more. "I've heard of your capabilities; I anticipate excellent results."

This time the sneer was harder to suppress. "...Of course."

Grandview Academy, South Campus Courtyard
Those who knew of Axel Kimmerer and his eccentricities knew that the best place to find him on a sunny day was in a tree. The silver haired teenager was enamored with heights, after all, and his proclivity for tree climbing was more of an addiction than a habit. When he got the chance to climb he took it. No exceptions.

Arms crossed behind his head and leg dangling from the branch beneath him, Axel watched the play of light through the leaves over his head. His Timburr and Aipom were tussling on the ground under his perch, the long tail pokemon having thrown a branch at the fighting type's head a few minutes earlier. The conflict was nothing serious - Sprix's appetite for mischief was near insatiable, and her trainer and fellow pokemon knew better than to invest any true anger in the wake of her pranks; still, annoyances were annoyances - and the teen was content to listen to their actions. He'd step in if matters got out of hand and the wrestling turned into the use of real moves. For now, he was inclined to let them have their own fun. Streak, who was laying on his stomach, seemed to be of the same mind. The day was too pretty to waste on petty matters.

Grandview Academy, Shopping District
Kora examined the kitchen knife in her hand with keen interest, finger running along its edge with the lightest of touches. One of the store employees was watching her from the corner of his eyes with furrowed brows, and she fought the urge to ask him if this was the first time he'd seen someone inspect a knife. The possibility that yes, this was his first time witnessing such as act kept her mouth shut however - for it was one thing to speculate the incompetence and lack of care other chefs put into their crafts; having to hear about it would no doubt make her shudder.

While the tools certainly didn't make the chef, Kora was a strong believer in never settling for adequate when better options were available. It was for this reason that she ventured to Grandview's shopping district when she had the time. Even if she was adamant in saving her money, browsing the stores had allowed her to expand her personal collection of tools over time. Indeed, it was a worthwhile past time to devote to her hobby and intended career. She couldn't rely on the school to provide what she needed forever after all.

This is far from my best work (cry), but I wanted to get things rolling while I had some inclination to write.

Two paragraphs minimum per post.​

Last edited:

• belinda-jpg.632842

Belinda Anidya
    Interactions
    : Sprix, Pulse
    Mention: Prosellet Prosellet

063Abra.png

Crania - Abra
    375px-440Happiny.png

Cozcy - Happiny​
    It had been a long time since Belinda had some free time for herself. Her seniors always said internship was harsh. They were true. Just yesterday, she needed to help with the campus' blood donor event. It wasn't too strenuous, but she just spent the previous night guarding the clinic. She was tired. Her eyes had eye bags. She was sure her eye bags had eye bags as well.

Today, Belinda had a mandatory leave. For pokemon owners, the interns had one leave every month for giving their pokemon a chance to relax and play. Using this time for any other activity was reprimandable. There was always some cases every year.

"Crania, teleport to South Courtyard," Belinda murmured. The Abra nodded and gathered its psychic power. In the blink of an eye, the wooden floor under them changed into green grass. A weak smile formed on Belinda's face. The wind here was so nice. Recently she found a nice tree to sleep under. She shifted her gaze to the tree.

Unfortunately for the intern, the tree was already occupied. A Timburr and an Aipom were tussling underneath the shade, while a youth observed them from above. Belinda sighed. Her sleep needed to wait for a while now. Or so it was supposed to be.

Cozcy was thrilled with the grassland. She disliked the cold floor there and the lack of shiny oval objects she could grab. Lamp, she learnt, was hot. The Happiny waltzed about in bliss, but its stubby legs tripped on a small pebbled. The Happiny fell forward. Worse, the stone she held in its front pocket rolled out. In a panic, Cozcy went to grab it... only to accidently kick it and sent it flying toward the two fighting pokemon. The Happiny ran over in a panic over its stone.

"Cozcy!" Belinda's expression shifted. Among her pokemons, Cozcy had the weakest fighting experience. She grabbed Crania and went after it.

In the quick change of event, Belinda didn't notice that one pokemon was missing from her entourage.

XXX month, XX day, year XXXX.

Today, the seas roiled with a passion that has not been seen for centuries.

My good friend, Justice, appeared at the end of the dock and when I addressed him, he spat bubbles in my face, his usual greeting. But something was wrong. His scales were less vibrant, their blue hues lackluster. I asked him if something was wrong, but naturally he did not answer but for a slight wilt to his fins. Even so, I scooped him up in my bucket, as usual and continued on my way.

Justice was happy to see everyone, just as everyone was happy to see him. The beasts of the land are intergrating more and more into our society. Some have even begun to live with us- Mostly the Meowth and Eevee, but it is incredible how they have changed our lives for the better.

I heard a cough from my friend, and I felt a resurgence of worry. I could not comprehend what was happening t? him. Was ???? he e?????? The Ora???s ??edic? rain... fo? ????. ???? ?? ? ???? ??????? ??? ????.

“Bah!”

The young woman cried out, slamming her notebook shut before (in a much more careful manner) she also closed the ancient book she had been studying.

She sat on the campus, at a picnic table with her three Pokémon sitting around her, papers scattered around the wooden surface being held down by rocks and pencils and whatever else she could find.

“... I don’t get it Luna.” She said to the Chikorita whom was sitting to her on the bench, “I thought this would be pertinent information, but so far it’s just some guy fussing over some Horsea and commenting about the weather! There has to be something more important in here! I found it in the Ruins of Alph, for god’s sake! That place is chock full of secrets!”

The Chikorita popped her head up to look at the book, before turning to look at her trainer and shrugging her shoulders.
“Ughhh... I feel like I’m not getting anywhere with this thing... But hey, at least it’s giving us some insight into Ancient Johto culture, right?”

Cross reached over and rubbed the Grass-type’s back and sighed, starting to pile all her research material into her backpack again, when she looked up, seemingly coming to a sudden realization-

“NIKKI? Where did Cherry go?! ... oh no.”

Cherry the Eevee, well known mischief maker and kleptomaniac, saw an opportunity to make some great first impressions and dove in for the oval-shaped stone that tumbled out of the Happiny’s pouch.
The fluffy Eevee dove seemingly out of nowhere and grabbed the Oval Stone between her teeth and turned to stare at the Happiny, making sure that the little pink Pokémon knew that she did, infact, have her stone.
That done, when the Happiny got closer, Cherry dropped down into a play bow, eyes sparkling with mischief and tail waggling. Then, before the Happiny could get any closer, Eevee began to run circles around Happiny, taunting the whole time with the prospect of retrieving the stone, only to jump just out of reach.

Nearby: Prosellet Prosellet
Interaction: Damafaud Damafaud

e47e901f086aefa132d9a9a9934972fe.jpg
Devin RostromLocation: South Campus Courtyard
Mention(s): Damafaud Damafaud explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

"Alright, trial number 9 underway. Nima, are you ready?"
A puffy, avian Pokemon chirped to the girl's question as she sat in her hands. But it didn't appear like any normal Pokemon, attached around her was a strap to secure in place a camera on her head. A determined look appeared on Nima's face as she wiggled in place and jumped from her owner's grip. "Yes! Fly, fly, fly!" The small Pokemon's cloudy wings flapped furiously as she tried to stay afloat with the camera on her. But after a few feet, the elevation of the Pokemon's flight was beginning to descend. "Nima!"

Like a Prinplup, Devin transitioned from a normal, standing position to a flat 180 degrees posture, her belly towards the ground and her arms stretching forward in an attempt to catch the falling Swablu. Falling into a panic mode must've contaminated the girl's judgment as she felt herself crashing onto the grass, a sudden, large pain spreading across her abdomen, thighs, and arms but with no Swablu in her hands. Instead, she felt her face making contact with a wall of fur. "Mffmmfffmfff?" Indiscernible noises came from the girl, who was currently squished against a large, puffed tail.

Devin relaxed herself, her arms and legs falling completely to the ground as she rolled a bit off to the side and came face to face with a Rockruff. "Laika!" And in its jaw was Nima, the Swablu being held by the strap and at an odd angle. "Good catch, girl!" The canine Pokemon gave the biggest attitude it could with a roll of her eyes. It didn't go unnoticed but Devin laughed. She knew that sometimes Laika had more sensible judgment that herself. Perhaps because she was a rock type.

"Alright, so simply strapping a camera with an elastic band does not work. But I felt that with the steadying mechanism attach to it, that it wouldn't weigh her down so much," her thoughts were being spoken out loud to no one in particular but she didn't care. She took off the camera from the Swablu and examined it closely. The steadying device that formed a U-shape was functioning properly. Any turn and angle Devin moved the camera in, it remained in the center and facing in the same direction. "Darn, this thing really works well, but it must be too heavy for you Nima. I guess I'm going to have to see what other gadgets I can build to make this work." The Swablu chirped excitedly as if it understood all the girl said. On the other hand, the Rockruff returned to its comfortable position, stretching itself out like a frog, on the grass.

But all their attentions were re-directed to a certain commotion happening nearby. It seemed like a trainer had just teleported to the courtyard and a nearby Eevee took advantage of the confusion from the trainer's Pokemon by stealing the Happiny's object. All this time, Devin's Houndour had been laying close by, simply enjoying the sun on its back. Not even the yelling of his trainer bothered him, but the sounds of the Eevee running around in the grass captured his attention. Also that it was a smaller Pokemon dashing quickly from side to side. His pupils dilated and the dark canine Pokemon immediately jumped up. "Rux, no. Stand down. I know you want to play but you're going to terrify that poor Eevee," Devin placed a hand on his head to calm him down. She didn't release her grip until the Houndour was sitting down beside her. "Good, I don't want y'all causing any issu-" But before she could finish her sentence, Rux shot forward, his attention focused on the Eevee. "No! You dummy!" As quickly as she could, Devin stood up and ran after her Houndour, knowing how intimidating the Houndour can appear.

• belinda-jpg.632842

Belinda Anidya
    Interactions
    : Eevee, Houndour
    Mention: Prosellet Prosellet , Life. Life. , explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

063Abra.png

Crania - Abra
    375px-440Happiny.png

Cozcy - Happiny​
    The stone, thankfully, did not get into the tumble between the Aipom and Timburr. However, before Belinda could relax, an Eevee suddenly took the stone. It was clear the pokemon was in a playful mood. Neither Belinda or Cozcy, however, were amused.

The Happiny spent most of her time inside a Pokeball when Belinda was working. When she could get out, it was only in Belinda's dorm or the clinic. This was her opportunity to play, but the Eevee suddenly took her precious stone.

Belinda wanted nothing more but to nap while letting her pokemon played around for a while. Cozcy often nagged her at work because she wanted to go out or take the lightbulb she thought was an egg, so she was not happy when Cozcy got interrupted. Besides, Cozcy was her pokemon. She wouldn't let anyone bully her.

Without hesitation, Belinda snapped an order, "Cozcy, stop the Eevee with a Sweet Kiss." She didn't want the Eevee hurt; just for it to return the stone. And fast.

Cozcy was simply too eager to follow. Her lips glowed a vibrant pink. Heart-shaped bullets shot off from her lips, aiming at the Eevee. However, before the conflict between the two had a result, a Houndor ran toward them as well. Belinda's face darkened. Were they trying to gang up on Cozcy?

"Femurus, block the Houndour with a Leer."

However, no flash of black and red flashed past to help. Belinda turned around only to notice the Litten was nowhere to be seen. She clicked her tongue. Typical cat. Without another choice, she threw Crania who she carried in her hug to the ground near the Houndour. Upset by the sudden throw, Crania opened his eyes with a pained expression. However, his extrasensory power alarmed him of something dangerous.

Belinda wanted Crania to be able to protect her, not just run away by himself. For that reason, she trained the Abra hard to get rid of its defence mechanism of teleporting every time it felt danger. Instead, when faced with danger now, what Crania did was different.

He released Psyshock.

A wave of psychic power went toward the Houndour.

DgBWeZ_WkAU1cPB.jpg:large
Felix Leverret

Interactions: none, but open

Language is one of the key defining factors of the human species, putting thoughts into words and words onto paper, it's far different than a Pokemons body language. Ideals, feelings, philosophy can all be spread by language, wether it be from the mouth of another or by words, a systematic language surely is a human staple, or so Felix thought.

The Unown were a fascination for Felix, in both the Johto and Sinnoh region there exist ruins using a sort of language solely made up of the Unown. Were these two ancient civilization connected in some way, given the long distance between to two? Unown can be found in both ruins, but that just raises more questions, dis they teach early humans their own "language" or is it derived from them? Pokemon have always been able to understand humans, following their trainers orders as best as they can.

Felix shook himself out of his own thoughts, it was common for him to get lost on them when some kind boggling question would come into his head. Looking down at the book sprawled out on the Library desk he focused on the Unown displayed on the pages, the question still lingered in his mind. Hearing a silent snore next to him Felix looked over to his ever faithful and slothful Munchlax, Muncher sleeping peacfully in a chair. His two other Pokemon Spacey the Salts and Ms. Fortune the Togepi were looking at the stack of books that Felix had accumulated. Smiling at the sleepy Pokemon he rubbed it's head before getting up, "I'm gonna go look for some more books, you two stay out of trouble," he said to the other two, turning back and walking towards the rows upon rows of books.

The Eevee seemed to be having the time of her life as she danced around the Happiny with the stone still in mouth as she continued to taunt and tease.

She looked up when the Houndour began to charge at the two of them, and narrowed her eyes in challenge, as if to tell the Houndour to “come at me!”

She jumped lithely away from the Happiny as it’s trainer approached and told it to use a Move, which Cherry was not having. That would ruin their fun! Or, her fun. Either way, no uh-uh! Cherry does what she wants!

The fluffy Eevee started to run circles around the trainer as the Houndour and Abra began to fight, daring the lady to try to catch her, until Shem recognized the rapidly approaching figure of her Trainer, looking none too happy, and Cherry skidded to a stop, watching for a moment before squealing and turning to run, but before she could vines sprung from the ground and wrapped around her, hauling her back towards the woman.

Cross, holding her Chikorita in her arms with her Vulpix perched on her shoulders, ordered Luna to grab Cherry.

When the Eevee was presented to her trainer thoroughly wrapped up in vines coming from the Chikorita’s neck buds, Cross stares at Cherry with stern disapproval.

“... I can’t take you anywhere, can I?”
The only reply from the Eevee was a snickering grin around the Oval Stone and an exaggerated shrug.
“Don’t you give me that shhh...grin and a SHRUG, young lady! I swear, I have to put you on a leash...”
When Cross tried to retrieve the stone, the Eevee refused to let go.
“Cherry, let go.”
“Vee!”

“Cherry, this is not funny, let go.”
“Eeee!”
“Cherry, drop it!”

After another moment of adamant refusal, the Eevee eventually just opened her mouth and let the stone drop from her jaws, which Cross caught with a wet SPLAT, as it was now drenched in Eevee saliva.

“Guh! Look at what you did to this! Gah... Nikki, can you get one of Cherry’s toys out of my bag?”
While the Vulpix dove her nose into the bag and retrieved an orange, dog bone shaped chew toy, Cross glared at the Eevee and when the chew toy was presented, she tossed it to the ground, and when Cherry was set down, the brown fluff ball pounced on it in an instant, gnoshing on it like a piece of prime rib.

“I am... so sorry,” Cross said, taking the Oval Stone and wiping it off thoroughly on the edge of her shirt as she walked over to the Happiny and presumably it’s trainer, “She is such a troublemaker.”
“I really hope she didn’t hurt anyone, or... take anything else...”
Cross knelt down and offered the freshly cleaned oval stone back to Happiny, “I am trying to train that craziness out of her, but it’s just... not working... evidently.”

Nearby: Prosellet Prosellet Life. Life.
Interaction: Damafaud Damafaud

e2a63b34851e88cac445c31edd11a244.png

4b4379d888d55e7eb10b1d051bd37435.png

Can't see me

full
~The National Park~
Interactions: None Mentions: None

The chirping of birds could be heard echoing among the tree tops; their symphony of calls accompanied by the brisk rattlings of the various cicada's hidden among the lush foliage surrounding the space in which Jay presently found himself. The pokeball shaped National Park, renowned for its frequent bug catching competitions held by the wardens as well as its notierity for being a couples hot spot. Though currently Jay was not here for either of those reasons. Instead, the circular shape of the park had provided him with something far more beneficial. Not only was this an opportunity to get fresh air, the circular shape of the park had acted as a circuit of sorts, Jay alongside several others using its as a make shift running course. Jay like every other day had visited the park once more; the youth presently deep into today's series of laps. Wrapped around his waist was the red jacket he often wore; the garment dancing against the oncoming wind as Jay ran through the park, Fenrir keeping pace alongside his trainer as the two of them made their 3rd lap around the National Parks exterior, Fenrir barking as he inched past Jay just as they crossed the starting line again.

The morning run had become somewhat of a habit for the pair of them; the puppy pokemon Growlithe, more than happy to run alongside Jay as he did his morning exercises. Loki and Kage a little less enthusiastic about the morning jogs. Unlike Jay and Fenrir, the latter two would often drop out after a few laps; the duo less then eager to keep up with the two stamina freaks. Instead, Loki had taken to messing about with Kage; the tiny fox pokemon using the tall grass to hide herself from sight as she disguised herself; much to the amusement of Noibat. In turn, the bat pokemon had begun to use its ultrasonic waves to try and find the mischievous trickster among the tall grass; to little success.

Roughly an hour had passed since Jay and Fenrir started their routine and it was at this point that things had begun to slow down for the group; Loki and Kage now resting against one another underneath the shadow of a large oaken tree. Kage was fast asleep; his back pressed against the resting form of Loki; the Zorua keeping one weary eye open whenever she sensed Jay and Fenrir coming close. The idea of working up a sweat outside of the heat of battle causing her to shudder.

By now Jay's pace had slowed down quite substantially; the fuel tank running on low. Fenrir however had energy to spare as he increased his pace on their final lap. Despite being loyal to a fault, Fenrir still enjoyed the thrill of victory no matter the form and had done this same tactic on many occasions; much to the chagrin of Jay. Another victory for Fenrir appeared to be on the books.. yes, the routine had been the same for weeks now.

Fate be cruel however, as Loki herself had other intentions. With a mischievous grin and a cold snicker, the dark type pokemon stood forward; the bat pokemon presently resting against her form awoken rather abruptly by her quick movement. A few moments of calming the youthful pokemon followed by a quick briefing of what was about to go down took place before the two pokemon went their separate ways; Kage more than eager to be apart of one of Loki's pranks. Having remembered the images she had seen in one of Jay's books, Loki had quickly taken on her new form; the small pokemon appearing to grow in size as the illusion around herself begun to take form.

Appearing out of the brushes, the large Arcanine sauntered forward onto the middle of the course; its fiery gaze honed in on the much smaller growlithe heading its way. A kingly aura emanated off the regal pokemon as it planted itself firmly in the path of the oncoming duo; licks of flame appearing to radiate from multiple parts of its body as it stood there intimidatingly; eyes piercing into the soul of all those that stood before it.

As if on cue, Fenrir had almost screeched to a stop, awestruck by the evolved form of itself standing right before him. Like a mountain blocking your path, even the prideful growlithe could not do anything but feel intimidated by its evolved form; the bravado he once had gone almost instantly.

Jay too had almost come to a stop himself; like Fenrir he too was initially gobsmacked by the rare appearance of an Arcanine, though that was only temporary as he felt the weight of Noibat plaster itself along his back; the bat pokemon clinging on tightly as it pulled itself upwards ever so slightly as he planted his face across the left shoulder of its trainer. With an affectionate nuzzle, the bat pokemon had already hinted towards the rouse currently taking place. Thus, reinvigorated by the 'hope' he had just been given, Jay ran. Every ounce of energy he had to spare now prioritised into helping him achieve victory.

With Fenrir paralysed on the spot by Arcanines presence, Jay on the final lap had managed to overtake the stunned pokemon on the final stretch; the grin across his face a stark contrast to the grim look on Growlithe as both had now realized what was going on. As Jay neared them, Zorua despite all her efforts to remain in character simply could not, the cheeky grin that appeared on the Arcanines face quickly followed by the sudden disappearance of the 'legendary' pokemon had ended the rouse.

With a quick high five to the dark pokemon as she leapt into the air; Jay had crossed the finish line as the victor, a defeated growlith sulking over the finish line as he came to terms with what had just happened.

Can't see me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back