• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

PM Likes

Salt Lord

┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴
I was thinking maybe we could add some sort of like button to the PMs? When you're typing long roleplaying posts there, and someone makes a post while you do that, it would be a lot easier to let them know you read the post with a like than to stop your whole post entirely just to reply.

Just sayin'.

The reason we don't add 'likes' to PMs is because we don't particularly want to have everyone RPing via PMs. After all, we are a forum RP site, so why would we encourage people to basically play by email?

Captain Hesperus

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Captain Hesperus]The reason we don't add 'likes' to PMs is because we don't particularly want to have everyone RPing via PMs. After all, we are a forum RP site, so why would we encourage people to basically play by email?
Captain Hesperus

[/QUOTE]
True, true, but what if something is too small to be in an actual thread?

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]True, true, but what if something is too small to be in an actual thread?

[/QUOTE]
That doesn't compute. The site can accommodates any RP from two roleplayers to four hundred, single word responses to twelve paragraph responses. There really is no reason to want to RP via PM.

Captain Hesperus

[QUOTE="Captain Hesperus]That doesn't compute. The site can accommodates any RP from two roleplayers to four hundred, single word responses to twelve paragraph responses. There really is no reason to want to RP via PM.
Captain Hesperus

[/QUOTE]
I didn't really mean that the site couldn't handle something so small, I was saying that a four people roleplay isn't worthy of having its own thread... But I understand. Thanks for answering back~

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]I didn't really mean that the site couldn't handle something so small, I was saying that a four people roleplay isn't worthy of having its own thread... But I understand. Thanks for answering back~

[/QUOTE]
*blink-blink* There are lots of four-person RPs in threads. I am and have been in many.

Captain Hesperus

[QUOTE="Captain Hesperus]*blink-blink* There are lots of four-person RPs in threads. I am and have been in many.
Captain Hesperus

[/QUOTE]
I don't quite see why you would bother posting an hour later, but to each their own.

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]I don't quite see why you would bother posting an hour later, but to each their own.

[/QUOTE]
Because I actually have things off-site to do. I'm not manacled to this site 24-7.

Captain Hesperus

[QUOTE="Captain Hesperus]Because I actually have things off-site to do. I'm not manacled to this site 24-7.
Captain Hesperus

[/QUOTE]
I thought about that before I made the post, but even if you just got back from off-site things, there's no point in bringing it back up.

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]I thought about that before I made the post, but even if you just got back from off-site things, there's no point in bringing it back up.

[/QUOTE]
I brought it back up because your response made no sense. RpN is a site where any size, style and genre of RP is welcomed. There is no 'unworthy' RP as far as the site is concerned, and I would be concerned if users thought that some RPs weren't worthy. Whatever that means.

Captain Hesperus

[QUOTE="Captain Hesperus]I brought it back up because your response made no sense. RpN is a site where any size, style and genre of RP is welcomed. There is no 'unworthy' RP as far as the site is concerned, and I would be concerned if users thought that some RPs weren't worthy. Whatever that means.
Captain Hesperus

[/QUOTE]
I guess. But I'm gonna leave the smaller roleplays in the PMs.

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]I guess. But I'm gonna leave the smaller roleplays in the PMs.

[/QUOTE]
Do as you please, as long as it stays within site rules.

Captain Hesperus

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]I was thinking maybe we could add some sort of like button to the PMs? When you're typing long roleplaying posts there, and someone makes a post while you do that, it would be a lot easier to let them know you read the post with a like than to stop your whole post entirely just to reply.
Just sayin'.

[/QUOTE]
I think there's a little spot where it says when each person has last read the message thread, so adding in a like function to do so wouldn't exactly be necessary. Just my thoughts.

There's lots and lots of RPs that are even smaller than 4 people... that's why we have an entire section dedicated to them! (I.e., 1x1)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back