• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Plundering Chirea

Anaxileah

From the Depths of Hell
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

d3d61bddd9080d7256285072b13d6b1b.png
The Beginning
The world of Chirea was originally one enormous land mass amidst an entire body of poisonous water. The land was barren and the skies red, with not a soul in sight. The planet was not originally intended to house any living beings, but one of the seven Celestial Beings decided otherwise. These Celestial Beings choose a planet to make into a host of whatever life they create, and the youngest of the seven hadn't made her decision as of yet. When she set her sights on this planet, Chirea, the other Celestial Beings urged her to choose a different one, telling her that this one had no future and was not suitable enough as a host planet. The seventh Celestial Being chose to stubbornly stand by her decision, much to the others' dismay, and proceeded to change the planet into what she pictured life should be.

The seventh Celestial Being was quite the organized one, and chose to make the islands according to what we now refer to as a compass. The biggest island would be in the middle, while the next biggest islands would be at North, South, East, and West. Smaller islands would be in between each of the four, making nine total. The creatures she made varied, and no creature would be made to live alone. She made twenty six species in total, all of them different in multiple ways. Some of them had powers, and some of them didn't. Some were more complex, and some were simple - which was just how the Celestial Being liked it. Once she finished creating the world, and all of the people, she made a shrine in each of the four medium-sized mainlands. They help to keep the islands staying the way they are - the Wisp Isles float, the Ember Islands burn, Sapientia has clean water, and Agnarach has its sunlight.

Once the Celestial Being finished making her planet healthy and inhabited, she left the planet to go join the other Celestial Beings in her realm, since she had much to learn, allowing the world she created to flourish on its own, just like the other Celestial Beings had done with their worlds. Little did she know that the islands would soon find faults in one another.

Since she had created all of the species to be entirely different, they fought all the time, unsure of how to behave with one another. For years these species fought, advancing as a whole rather quickly due to their battles - armor was made from wood and leaves at first to protect skin, but other materials were soon discovered, and weapons were fashioned because fists were not as efficient in fights as sharp sticks or rocks. Fulgor Ferri remained neutral, since the gremlins were the only inhabitants of the island, but they helped everyone nearby once the different species found ways to cross the waters. These attacks continued until everyone became tired of the death surrounding them. The Celestial Being of Chirea had given each species intelligence, since that is her own best trait, allowing the creatures of Chirea to create some sort of truce and build upon the relationships they chose to establish. Some places are still tense, but the wars were over.

After the Wars
Life became so much more important when the wars ended. It was valued, as was nature, and it advanced incredibly over the next couple thousand years. Fulgor Ferri had an unlimited supply of metals, while Counolux had incredibly talented blacksmiths. Better ships were crafted over the years, as were new types of clothing, and the present currencies of the world - gold and silver. Once the money of the world was fashioned by the gremlins, humans became greedy for the coins. Being larger and better equipped than the gremlins, they forced the smaller creatures into a deal that they couldn't refuse, resulting in a trade setup. The gremlins would send the humans on Regina Royale a large shipment of gold every week, and the humans would send tools and supplies in return. One particular male was significantly larger and more dominant than the others of the island, and took control of the island, building cities and setting up the three walls that are there now. After that, he deemed himself King Silicarth, and was questioned by no one.

Over time, the new King of Regina Royale became more and more corrupt, enjoying the power he had over the island and the wealth he was gaining. Alas, he was growing old and had little time to change anything in the kingdom. Instead of dying and letting the land go to peace, he taught his son his corrupt ways and told the boy of his aspirations for the island, which the son deemed his new dreams to follow. After the King's death, the tyrannical rule only grew worse. His son and many other generations continued his rule, up until a female Silicarth was born. The kingdom thought that she would not be able to rule as cruelly as the others had, but she proved herself through her rules and her expansive military, determined to outshine her past and get all of the gold in the world.

However, soon after she became Queen, a pirate challenged her, or so legend says, by raiding her ships. This angered the queen, causing her to have an intense hatred for pirates that continued through the next few generations of queens, up until the present one. He stole her gold, but after the first queen sent an armada after him, following him into Tempestas, her armada and the pirate did not return. This intense hatred for pirates caused them to be evil in the queen's mind, so she made laws against them that stand to this day, plus some of Anadria's.

To the Present
Now, Queen Anadrai Silicarth rules both Regina Royale and the sea (as much as she can). Pirates are against the law, and will always be unwelcome on Regina Royale. Her ships are constantly watching for pirates as they go through their trade runs, but the seas have been mostly quiet for the past few years, until one year ago. During this past year, Captain Judith Lee Johnson assembled a crew made of people who were sick of Queen Silicarth's rule and wanted a life of excitement and change. They've been stealing from the Queen and her shipments, causing her fury to grow. Ready to piss her off even more?

Please be fair, I wrote this about a year ago and am just rebooting the roleplay. The rest of the lore will be rewritten in better quality, but this is just to snag interest. The rules are thus:
* Follow all RPN rules.
* No god-modding, or anything similar.
* Romance is permitted, but anything that goes in ~that~ direction must fade to black. Kissing and romantic gestures are permitted.
* Gore, violence, and language are encouraged.
* Posts must be at least 2 paragraphs in length, each paragraph at least 6 sentences long (at least 12 total for each post, for those who separate paragraphs with dialogue).
* Grammar, punctuation, and spelling must be near perfect. If you have a valid excuse as to why you cannot follow this rule as much as I'd like, tell me via OOC or PM.
* OOC stays in the OOC. Any OOC found elsewhere will be shot down and - if you've read this far, LIKE the post - killed immediately. I prefer to keep my RPs tidy.
* Any arguments between RPers can happen in PM or not at all. No anger or violence may be present in the OOC. We are grown - act like it.
* Failure to follow these rules will result in strikes. As in baseball, once you get three strikes you will no longer be in play.

The open character slots are all roles on a ship that is led by my captain and will be traveling to the four major islands for a job received at Regina Royale.

I'm so happy :D please don't disappear during the actual rp ;-;

I lost interest it's okay
So can I keep my role as navigator or do I need to wait for the list of roles? I don't plan on rehashing my character completely, but navigator is kind of my go-to for pirate-themed roleplays.

So can I keep my role as navigator or do I need to wait for the list of roles? I don't plan on rehashing my character completely, but navigator is kind of my go-to for pirate-themed roleplays.
We will see

Also that's ten people, not counting me, so I'm gonna limit it there <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back