• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Plots of deception, steampunk and stupid fights

Drosera

The Queen's teeth
Hello darlings ! I come with plots and general settings for OC characters to play in ! Edited on the 12/28/17 !
Feel free to hit me with similar ideas or stuff to modify, twist any of them ! They are kept very general for this very reason !

First of all : Informations about how nitpicky I am

- I'm non-native and prone to make mistakes when I'm tired or distracted. I can provide RP samples if you want !

- I'm GMT+1, so that might hinder quick-fire roleplaying. Fortunately I have a weird time schedule and will be available in the evenings for someone who lives in the US.

- I'll do between 400 and 1200 words in a forum/PM setting, cruising at 750. More if I'm super into it and have a lot of things to say, but I prefer to keep posts simple and delays short. On Discord, I'll do 4/20 lines depending on what's happening.

- I'd rather play via PM or IM. I'd LOVE to play on Discord frequently. I'm very present on Discord.

- I'm 26, I've been playing for 15 years. I don't ask you to be in my age range especially but please keep my age in mind.

- I don't do straight pairings. I just don't, don't ask me, please. I do everything else.

- I'm more comfortable playing with female, female aligned or NB people. I'm sorry !

- I'm mainly here to play romances. But I won't force a romance or rush it, I like to take my time and really see it click. Romance is not an end in itself, I'll always ask for a plot, work with you for a plot first and foremost.

- I like to play fleshed out, believable characters, with flaws, mannerisms, quirks, emotions and such. I usually do characters with a pretty stupid or ridicule side to them, I can't help myself - so I ask you to have a sense of humor ! And not take your character (or mine) too seriously. Which don't mean I'm going to only play light fun things. I love drama, I love heavy, complex situations. But I will cringe if you can only be deadly serious about your character and get offended easily if I don't take it as seriously as you do.

- I'm an asshole when it comes to specific rules and suspension of disbelief. And by that I mean : I need to be on the same page as you about what we're doing. Our universe need to have pre established rules that won't be randomly broken if it's convenient. If there's no magic, there won't suddenly be magic. If there's no aliens, there won't suddenly be aliens because it's fun. If it seems physically impossible for your character to do X, I will get thrown off the loop and be confused. I just ask that we keep things believable. I'll probably OOC you to explain my reasonning about reactions/actions my character is performing, just to be sure we're on the same page.

-

Now for the plots :

Underlined is the character I'd like to play most.

steampunk / victorian :

In sickness...

Character A have a bloodborne illness that is a visible stygma in this society. Because of that, he lost his job at the factory and is/will be soon forced to live on the street. Against his better judgment, character B, an unhappy rich heir, uses his ressources to take character A in and takes care of him.

Dear Miss,

Characters A and B joined an epistolary program and started writing each other letters. Thing is, Character A thought it would be funny to write as a woman and to lead on Character B as he slowly fall in love with "her". Now, after more than a year of letters, B wants to meet and Character A is really conflicted about telling him the truth.

(can be played with female characters instead of males)

This isn't my idea of fun,

Character A and B's have each lost a parent, and their remaining one have met and plan to get married. Character A and his mother will have to live with B and his father soon. Both characters are dreading it already, not ready to admit other people into their life. Ideally they have very different lifestyles, character A calm and liking books and music, the other loving to hunt, drink and gamble.

(same as above, could be played with females)

modern setting :

Fuck u, OP.

Characters A and B meet on an internet based imageboard like 4chan, exchanging insults for some time before realizing they live in the same town and decide to meet up and knock the teeth off each other for real. They find out they quite like their fistfights, fucked up as it sounds.

Also I have general fandoms I would appreciate to play OCs (and only OCS!) in :

- Arcanum
- Harry Potter / Fantastic Beasts
- Firefly
- Bladerunner 2049 (I've not seen the original one and not read the book)
- Fallout
- Star Wars (I'm still so down to play alien romances pleeeease)
- China Mieville's Bas Lag

Fandom pairings, the longer version under spoiler !
Star Wars clone-wars era or pre-prequels :

- Jedi master / Jedi Padawan

- Jedi/sith apprentice

- Sith master / Jedi padawan

- Jedi / Alien senator

- Senator/Senator of very different species

More or less obscure fandoms :

- China Mieville's works

- Bas Lag : Remade/human ; Khepri/human female who signs ; Vodyanoi couple ? ; Armada pirate/press-ganged mainlander

- Bezel dweller/Ulqoman dweller

- Kraken : Worshipper/nonbeliever

- Arcanum :

-Noble Tarantian/commoner (maybe factory worker ?)

- Mage / Technologist bounty hunter

- Fallen london : Bourgeois/demon

Non-fandom fantasy-modern setting :

- Fake mystic goth asshole/real modern wizard pissed with u

- Fairy/artist who does drugs

- Magical creature/ordinary human (Ideally weird magical creature, not werewolfs or vampires)

- Ordinary babysitter/weiiird family man

- Ancien God/the dumbass who awoke Him

(fantasy?) Historical setting :

- 19th century naive british or french student/proud homosexual

- Anything 19th century. Russia, Colonies, France... (yeah that's not a pairing is it)

Last edited:
"Fuck u, OP" and "Dear Miss," sound pretty funny. I feel like I could do "Dear Miss," a bit better as a semi-serious plot, but "Fuck u, OP" is the one that honestly appeals to me the most. If any of these are still open, count me in. I typically do about two or three paragraphs of semi-detailed narrative in the third person, but I'm still having a bit of trouble with multifaceted characters. I can do flaws just fine, (i.e. my joke reply to Detailed - MULITVERSE RP) and though I'm still learning more about role-playing... isn't everyone? Anyway, feel free to shoot me a PM or open a 1x1 thread if you're interested.

I'm all for your plot "this isn't my idea of fun" I would prefer females, as a gay girl myself, though I can do males if you prefer ^J^

Aww! It looks like 'In Sickness' might be taken. If not, I'd be down for doing that. Sounds pretty cool, definitely different! I can see so much potential for this in a Victorian setting. Please let me know if you're open for it! :)

also, kudos for super inventive plots!

Hello darlings, I've edited this Looking For to include new stuff and regroup my other posts in it. I'm currently open for RP ! Ideally on Discord !

Hello darlings, I've edited this Looking For to include new stuff and regroup my other posts in it. I'm currently open for RP ! Ideally on Discord !
hello! a bunch of these plots look really cool like dear miss, or the pairings like the fairy/artist that does drugs [honestly me too] also i think ancient god/dumbass who awoke him sounds great haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back