• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Plots and ideas here

Fiddlefaddle

Unlucky Member
Hello fellow rpers!

I'm new to RPN but have been role-playing with a friend of mine for nearly 15 years and role-playing on websites on and off for 5 years. It was suggested that I check out this site so here I am.

Well I figured I'd get the boring stuff out of the way first then move on to the plots. I work 12 hour shifts, and attend college, I'm also like super old (28 yikes), so role-playing while I love it is one of my hobbies. Basically what I mean by all that is, is role-playing is something that should be fun for both of us with no pressure. Given the givens I won't be able to post everyday but will post at least once a week unless something unforseen happens. Most of the time though I will be able to let you know if I'll be gone longer than a week. Otherwise I just can't stand one liners they just irriate me.

I will give you a minimum of 2 paragraphs that have at least 3 good sentences. FYI my opening posts can get up to 7 paragraphs. You don't need to match my post length but I do love to read so odds are your posts won't ever be too long.

Otherwise follow RPN's rules, treat me with respect and I'll do the same for you. Most importantly though let have some fun, laid back rps that help us unwind.

Now onto the plots!
I'm happy to change things in the plots and if it works for the plot the relationship could either be romantic or platonic. Just let me know what you are thinking, thanks.

My best friend

Muse A and Muse B had known each other since they were in diapers. The two had always been the best of friends and were even able to remain friends after they went their separate ways for college. Muse A studied Criminal Justice while Muse B studied Art History. After graduation Muse A started working with local law enforcement and eventually made it into the FBI. Muse B on the other got a job in a museum, helping to give tours and educate guests on the history behind paintings particularly those from the Renaissance period. At least that's what they want everyone to think, the truth is the museum is just their day, their night job as a world renowned art thief is their true passion. What happens if Muse B gets tired of lying to A? What happens if Muse A catches B in the act? Will the two be able to remain friends? Will Muse A always remain in the dark?

The Affair

Muse A was happily engaged to Muse C. Muse A was an artist, and free spirit, Muse C was working as an accountant, and more reserved. Muse B was happily engaged to Muse D. Muse B was an elementary school teacher who while they wouldn't be rich loved their job. Muse D was working as a lawyer, who enjoyed their job as well as the perks of the job. A few months before the weddings Muse A went on a cruise with their sibling, it was a grand time except that where ever Muse A went they always managed to spot Muse B. Finally the two confronted each other about being in the same place as the other. It was just coincidence, and after that the two kept on talking only to find that they got along well and were doubting their love for their respective fiancés. So Muse A and B decided they would enjoy their time together on the cruise and when it was over and done with they would go back to their lives and see which love was stronger.

I'll add more plots later as I need to get to bed I also leave some rough ideas below too.

Old friends reuniting one is a senior in high school and the other is the new young teacher.

Arranged marriage so the two family companies can save face while they merge.

Fake marriage; I have a few ideas about this but I'd love to hear yours as well.

I'm also down for some fantasy things as well like

Vampires/werewolves

Shapeshifters

Knights

Wizards

Re-tellings of fairytales

Re-telling the Myth of Hades and Persephone

Well that all for tonight I hope to hear back from some of you and I'll add more probably in a day or two. Hope you all are doing well and have a wonderful day/night.

Hey! I’d love to maybe write with you!! Just message me if you’d like to brainstorm when your free! And welcome to the site!!! (:

Hello and welcome to RPN!
I myself just came back here after a long hiatus. Equally as busy (I think) so I can very much tolerate the infrequent reply. The post length is not a problem either. (Also, I'm twenty-something, if that matters).

I like drama, conflict, and angst to make the plot more realistic. Anyway, I have a starter (borrowed from 'writing.prompts') which, I think, is similar in vibe with most of your marriage plot.

Just slide in my dm(?) when you see this~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back