Idea Plot with me? Former Humans in Otherwise Normal Earth

StrixDesmodus

Totally human, I swear!
I've been long craving a roleplay set in a modern to semi-futuristic USA where there is previously no real magic, but a bunch of random people transform into mythical creatures. I am undecided on most other details, but have two potential options for a general trajectory.
  1. They try to adapt to life as former humans but have to deal with obstacles associated with their transformations. Whether it's a trucker who can't drive anymore because they're a centaur, or a kindergarten teacher who is afraid to go to work now that they're a gigantic dragon.
  2. They are almost immediately contained by the federal government, interrogated, and imprisoned for a while until the president figures out what to do with them.
    1. They are kept behind bars, possibly experimented on.
    2. They are employed in various jobs they are adapted to as mythical creatures.
If anyone wants to help me decide, discuss tangent ideas,or ask questions feel free to!

I think the first thing to decide is what the flavor will be. As there are mythical creatures, will it be a survive against them setting? Are they much stronger than normal people and can wipe them out?

Is it a lifestyle setting? Will it just go over how these former humans live life everyday in their new bodies?

A spy/conspiracy setting where the main point is dealing with how governments try to control these creatures?

There are multiple ways this story can be written. Which one did you want?

I think the first thing to decide is what the flavor will be. As there are mythical creatures, will it be a survive against them setting? Are they much stronger than normal people and can wipe them out?

Is it a lifestyle setting? Will it just go over how these former humans live life everyday in their new bodies?

A spy/conspiracy setting where the main point is dealing with how governments try to control these creatures?

There are multiple ways this story can be written. Which one did you want?
Any would be good, but I actually decided on the conspiracy option, and am currently working on the main threads of the roleplay.
The interest check is here if you want to join:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back