Advice/Help Please teach me how to boss cuz I'm sooooo not a boss!!

BuggaBoo

Skull💀Duggery~!!
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hi!!

So I never GM'd here on RPN. And even when I did GM it didn't go well cuz I was reeeeeeallly scatterbrained back then. Like I still am bonkers but not as bad now lol. Soooo like I'm starting off as a co-GM.

K sooooo like my question is this: What advice do you ol' head GMs have to maintain a happy and healthy RP for a friendly, silly, sometimes bonkers but really non-confrontational budding GM?

Tysm!!

I think you've been doing pretty good so far.

Forum RPing is basically 90 percent communication which I think you are actually pretty good at. If there's no game rules or computer program acting as mediator for people then Everything comes about as a result of people talking things out and compromising.

So a lot of what makes things run smoothly is when GM's clearly communicate their expectations to players and when players feel comfortable communicating when they're confused or uncomfortable.

As long as those lines of communication stay open then basically everything else can be tweaked and fixed as you go along. It's okay to be like "okay well we tried doing it this way but it seems like it's not really having the effect we wanted it to so we're gonna try something a little different now". Nobody expects a GM to be perfect and if they do they can piss off and run their own game and see how perfect that goes.

D'aaaaaaaaw tysm! Yeah im trying to do my best.

Yeah my biggest concern really is after that whole like 'honeymoon phase' where like everyone is just coming down from offa the smell of new fresh rp and the actual grind begins. Cuz then after like the first few times they post you usually get ghosted.

So like u guess thats my concern and i guess all you can do is hope they communicate back to you. meh. k tysm for answers!

Hi!!

So I never GM'd here on RPN. And even when I did GM it didn't go well cuz I was reeeeeeallly scatterbrained back then. Like I still am bonkers but not as bad now lol. Soooo like I'm starting off as a co-GM.

K sooooo like my question is this: What advice do you ol' head GMs have to maintain a happy and healthy RP for a friendly, silly, sometimes bonkers but really non-confrontational budding GM?

Tysm!!
if you have some thoughts; and if people like them, they will follow you without effort at all. if they like you, it will just happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back