• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Please Help

lonecoyote

Always Confused
Alright, so I have just started using the BBcode when I make my character sheets and what not. I'm not even sure how I do this, but I always mess it up. I have a CS right now that is done but I managed to somehow not get a slide to show up that is rather important. Below I will leave the CS to better explain whatever it is that I did. Also, I wouldn't mind asking the GM of the Rp but he's helped me alot with these and I don't want to keep bothering him. This happens to me alot so knowing how to fix it on my own would be very helpful.

Syra Fox

latest

no slide
Basics

tumblr_lxx4rpP0Yl1r23tzz.gif

Name

Syra Beatrice Fox

Nickname

Sy, S.B.

Female

Sexuality

Heterosexual

Ethnicity

Caucasian

Role

New Girl

Appearance

tumblr_mecd9rzW271qfupqho3_250.gif

Hair

Syra's hair is a short dark brown color with the ends being a lighter brown. This being because she used to have ombrè hair.

Eyes

A light green in color

Height

5ft 8

Weight

130 lbs

Build

Tall, slim, athletic

Other Features

Freckles that dust over the bridge of her nose and shoulders.

Dimples on her face as well as lower back.
Persona

tumblr_mjvgogd1U71rnme1wo1_500.gif

Personality

Throughout her life, Syra has learned many things and adopted them into her personality. If one gets to know her well, they describe her as: good humored, confident, supportive, honest, open-minded, generous and bold. Even though her life wasn't a fairytail or Barbie dolls and glitter, she has accepted it. She is aware that she cannot change it and even if she could, she never would.

Syra is true to herself and always gives credit where credit is due. She cares greatly for those she considers friends and never uses them for selfish reasons. She is also very honest and open minded. With her moving from place to place, she has learned that being accepting to new things is not a bad thing. Just not all the time. Her honesty is something that she is trying to work on. At times her honesty can be a bit too....honest. She tends to say what she feels/thinks without any regard for the other person's feelings.

The girl can take a joke. She's not the type to get butt hurt if someone makes a joke about her past. She'd laugh along with them. A joke is a joke, if they meant what they said, they wouldn't be laughing. Throughout her travels, Syra is slowly finding herself. She knows who she is, where she came from, and where she's going. She doesn't have time to be worrying if Jake from down the street likes her. Why wouldn't he? She is a girl and he is a boy. It only makes sense.

With all the moving that she's done, being supportive was kind of in the package. She supports everyone in whatever dream or goal they have. She's one to believe in people when they themselves don't even believe in themselves. Why is this? Because she knows that having someone believe in you is one of the greatest things in the world. Her generous side comes from her deceased mother. Her mother was the kind of woman that if it were raining outside and she saw a homeless person, she'd pick them up and take them home so they wouldn't get sick. She'd serve them a hot meal, give them somewhere to sleep, and somewhere to shower. Syra looked up to her mother and wanted to be just like her and inheriting her generous side is one of her best features about her. Her boldness. Man does this one come out of nowhere. Syra is not afraid to stand alone nor approach basically anyone. She doesn't see the point in waiting around forever and has even been known to tell someone she likes them in front of other people and right there on the spot. She's up for any challenge anyone wants to throw her way.

Fresh Air

Animals

Cold Things

The Sound of Rain

Nature

Dislikes

Being Confined

Moving

Tourist

Small Places

Heavy Amounts of Makeup

Hobbies/Talents

Can hold her breath under water for 5 minutes.

Does patting her head and rubbing her tummy count?

When she can find the time, she enjoys making jewelry out of things she finds in nature.

She loves to read outside in her hammock.

She's very skilled with guns.

She boxes to relieve stress.

Behavioral Quirks:

Doesn't take anything from anyone/Isn't afraid to be blunt and speak her mind.

Is a great listener and always looks the person in the eye when they are talking to her/when she is talking to them.

Tends to roll her eyes and click her tongue when angry.

Taps her foot when impatient or making a decision.
no slide

Other

tumblr_mtdr22HQDZ1qiqcf3o3_r1_250.gif

Job

Since she just moved to town, she has yet to get a job.

This doesn't mean she isn't looking, though. She's interested in Petco/Pet Smart

Themesong

[media]

[/media]

Languages

French

Spanish

Latin

English

Piercings

img-thing

Writing Sample

It was already three o'clock in the afternoon and there was nothing going on. Absolutely nothing. For lunch, she went to Rosaline's and as she was leaving Rosaline's she pulled out her business phone. She tapped on the screen before lifting the phone to her ear. As she stepped into the car she was given for the day, she told the driver to drive wherever until she was given further instruction. As the driver nodded and began to drive, Paislee listened to the sound of the waiting line over the phone. As soon as she thought she was going to have to break into the person she was calling's home, they picked up.

"Romeo White? Excellent. Have the money ready in about ten minutes. When I pull up to your home you will come outside and get into the car. Got it? If you fail to cooperate, then I will have to use force to bring you out." With that, Paislee hung up the phone and looked at the driver. She told him where to go and he nodded, telling her that it only took five minutes to get to the address.

"I'm aware. I'm also impatient so let's hope he's ready." she said as she texted both Adrian and Dante for an update on how their mission was going. She was hoping that it was going great and they would have a civilian by dinner time but knowing those Capello dogs, who knew if the girl had been captured already. Paislee ran over things in her head. What would happen if she had to go and get him herself, what would happen if there was someone else waiting for her. Things of that nature. For any of them though, she was always ready and prepared. She always kept knives on her, even if she was wearing tight fitting clothes. How did she do this? By having years of practice and making sure that no matter what, her weapons would never be found. She also carried her Glock 42 .30 that she kept in her purse at all times. If all else fails, there's always her hand to hand combat.

"We're here." the driver said and brought Paislee from her thoughts. Paislee smiled and put on her sunglasses, rolling down the window. Paislee saw a window open then close as soon as she looked at it. She rolled her eyes and fixed her Jumper before stepping out of the vehicle. As she opened the door, she heard another door close and saw Mr. Romeo walking to the car. Paislee kept the door opened for him and scooted over, allowing him to slide into the seat. "You may drive now."

"I know I owe Cristiano $1,600 plus interest, but I only have $1,400. Can't he spare the two hundred?" he asked, his voice sounding like it was shaking from fear. Paislee held her hand out to him, not saying a word. Usually, it wouldn't be her job to collect the money but since she had to eliminate the last two idiots who collected the money for taking half of it for themselves, she's made it her job to collect. And boy was she good at it. She always got the money they owed and if not, more than what they owed. Romeo handed Paislee the stack of money, his eyes darting at the stack then at her. Paislee saw this and raised a brow. When she looked at the stack, she smiled.

"Don't worry yourself so much. I'll decide how this is settled." Paislee said as she crossed her legs and began to count te money. As she counted, she looked up at Romeo. "Do you have any family members?" she asked, her hands dealing out the money. He said no quietly and when he said that, Paislee took it as a sign.

"Alright, here's what's about to happen. You thought that I didn't know who you were, didn't you? I know who you are. I did my research. I know you're loaded. I'm no idiot. Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I'm a moron. So, what you're going to do for me is withdraw half of the money you have in the bank and give it to me. Simple as that." she explained and looked at the driver who nodded. Romeo raised a brow and licked his lips, sitting up straight and facing Paislee. Apparently, someone's balls grew back as she talked.

"I'm not doing that! I've worked hard for that money! You can't just take it because I owe you not even 1/4th of what I have in the bank! That's ridiculous!" he shot back, his voice raising. Paislee raised an eyebrow and looked at him. She tried not to kill him for raising his voice at her. Who was he talking to? His mother?

"Do not raise your voice at me again. If you're so rich, why the hell did you borrow so much money from The Santorini's? So if we're being honest here, that money belongs to The Santorini's. The only reason I'm not making you get all of it is because it look's suspicious. Now, go get the damn money before I shoot you in your fucking head. Got it?" she said as the car came to a stop. Romeo rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"I'm not afraid of some girl. You don't even have a gun on you." he said, looking out the window and refusing to get out. In a mere matter of seconds, Paislee's fist made contact with his face and the flesh quickly started to swell. Romeo began to yell and before he knew it, Paislee had her gun out and pointed at his head. Her finger was on the trigger and a grin on her face.

"Don't think I won't do it. I'm not just "some girl". I'm the girl who haunts you in your sleep. Now get the fuck out of my car and get your damn money. Give them a good excuse and if you do anything to give away that you're lying, I will kill you. You have no family to miss you so no one will give a rat's ass. And I'll be sure that your money goes to a good place. Now, get going." she threatened, her words laced with venom as she spoke. When Paislee was doing any form of business for The Santorini's, she always got what she wanted. If not, she would put them out of her misery. Her misery you ask, yes her misery. If Paislee didn't get what she wanted then she'd make sure they didn't get to keep wasting her oxygen.

Romeo got out from the vehicle and looked back after he closed the door. Paislee just looked back at him since the windows were tinted and no one could see her face. Paislee looked down at her phone and set a timer, knowing that it shouldn't take more than twenty minutes for him to get the money. While she waited, she did what everyone does. Plays Candy Crush.

When the timer went off at twenty minutes, Paislee looked at the door. People came in, people came out. Just as banks operated. She decided to give him five more minutes until she would have to go in and get him. Just as two minutes were up, out came Romeo. He came back to the car and closed the door, handing Paislee a nice amount of money in a briefcase. The briefcase must have come with withdrawing a large sum of money, but that didn't matter. As long as she got what she asked for. Paislee looked at all of the money and counted it rather quickly, signaling the driver to go back to Romeo's home. When she counted how much money he had given her, she smiled.

"Alright, Mr. Romeo. It was a pleasure doing business with you. If you tell anyone what happened today, you'll regret it. That's a promise. Now, I hope to keep doing business with you because I'll be back to collect in a month." Paislee said with a nod, closing the briefcase and setting it in her lap. The rest of the ride, neither of them talked and when he was dropped off at his home, he didn't look back this time.

On the way to the estate, Paislee opened the briefcase again and couldn't help but grin. "$66,000 never looked so good." she said, looking at the driver who smiled as well. As the estate drew closer, Paislee closed the briefcase and prepared to hand it over to Cristiano. Hopefully, he would be proud of her for getting so much money. After all, nice things cost money. When she was inside, she went to Cristiano's office but was informed that he was still out. Paislee only nodded but kept the money with her, telling them that she would wait for his return.

Syra Fox

latest

no slide
Basics

Name

Syra Beatrice Fox

Nickname

Sy, S.B.

Female

Sexuality

Heterosexual

Ethnicity

Caucasian

Role

New Girl

Appearance

Hair

Syra's hair is a short dark brown color with the ends being a lighter brown. This being because she used to have ombrè hair.

Eyes

A light green in color

Height

5ft 8

Weight

130 lbs

Build

Tall, slim, athletic

Other Features

Persona

Personality

Throughout her life, Syra has learned many things and adopted them into her personality. If one gets to know her well, they describe her as: good humored, confident, supportive, honest, open-minded, generous and bold. Even though her life wasn't a fairytail or Barbie dolls and glitter, she has accepted it. She is aware that she cannot change it and even if she could, she never would.

Syra is true to herself and always gives credit where credit is due. She cares greatly for those she considers friends and never uses them for selfish reasons. She is also very honest and open minded. With her moving from place to place, she has learned that being accepting to new things is not a bad thing. Just not all the time. Her honesty is something that she is trying to work on. At times her honesty can be a bit too....honest. She tends to say what she feels/thinks without any regard for the other person's feelings.

The girl can take a joke. She's not the type to get butt hurt if someone makes a joke about her past. She'd laugh along with them. A joke is a joke, if they meant what they said, they wouldn't be laughing. Throughout her travels, Syra is slowly finding herself. She knows who she is, where she came from, and where she's going. She doesn't have time to be worrying if Jake from down the street likes her. Why wouldn't he? She is a girl and he is a boy. It only makes sense.

With all the moving that she's done, being supportive was kind of in the package. She supports everyone in whatever dream or goal they have. She's one to believe in people when they themselves don't even believe in themselves. Why is this? Because she knows that having someone believe in you is one of the greatest things in the world. Her generous side comes from her deceased mother. Her mother was the kind of woman that if it were raining outside and she saw a homeless person, she'd pick them up and take them home so they wouldn't get sick. She'd serve them a hot meal, give them somewhere to sleep, and somewhere to shower. Syra looked up to her mother and wanted to be just like her and inheriting her generous side is one of her best features about her. Her boldness. Man does this one come out of nowhere. Syra is not afraid to stand alone nor approach basically anyone. She doesn't see the point in waiting around forever and has even been known to tell someone she likes them in front of other people and right there on the spot. She's up for any challenge anyone wants to throw her way.

Fresh Air

Animals

Cold Things

The Sound of Rain

Nature

Dislikes

Being Confined

Moving

Tourist

Small Places

Heavy Amounts of Makeup

Hobbies/Talents

When she can find the time, she enjoys making jewelry out of things she finds in nature.

Behavioral Quirks:

Is a great listener and always looks the person in the eye when they are talking to her/when she is talking to them.

Other

tumblr_mtdr22HQDZ1qiqcf3o3_r1_250.gif

Job

Since she just moved to town, she has yet to get a job.

This doesn't mean she isn't looking, though. She's interested in Petco/Pet Smart

Themesong

[media]

[/media]

Languages

French

Spanish

Latin

English

Piercings

img-thing

Writing Sample

It was already three o'clock in the afternoon and there was nothing going on. Absolutely nothing. For lunch, she went to Rosaline's and as she was leaving Rosaline's she pulled out her business phone. She tapped on the screen before lifting the phone to her ear. As she stepped into the car she was given for the day, she told the driver to drive wherever until she was given further instruction. As the driver nodded and began to drive, Paislee listened to the sound of the waiting line over the phone. As soon as she thought she was going to have to break into the person she was calling's home, they picked up.

"Romeo White? Excellent. Have the money ready in about ten minutes. When I pull up to your home you will come outside and get into the car. Got it? If you fail to cooperate, then I will have to use force to bring you out." With that, Paislee hung up the phone and looked at the driver. She told him where to go and he nodded, telling her that it only took five minutes to get to the address.

"I'm aware. I'm also impatient so let's hope he's ready." she said as she texted both Adrian and Dante for an update on how their mission was going. She was hoping that it was going great and they would have a civilian by dinner time but knowing those Capello dogs, who knew if the girl had been captured already. Paislee ran over things in her head. What would happen if she had to go and get him herself, what would happen if there was someone else waiting for her. Things of that nature. For any of them though, she was always ready and prepared. She always kept knives on her, even if she was wearing tight fitting clothes. How did she do this? By having years of practice and making sure that no matter what, her weapons would never be found. She also carried her Glock 42 .30 that she kept in her purse at all times. If all else fails, there's always her hand to hand combat.

"We're here." the driver said and brought Paislee from her thoughts. Paislee smiled and put on her sunglasses, rolling down the window. Paislee saw a window open then close as soon as she looked at it. She rolled her eyes and fixed her Jumper before stepping out of the vehicle. As she opened the door, she heard another door close and saw Mr. Romeo walking to the car. Paislee kept the door opened for him and scooted over, allowing him to slide into the seat. "You may drive now."

"I know I owe Cristiano $1,600 plus interest, but I only have $1,400. Can't he spare the two hundred?" he asked, his voice sounding like it was shaking from fear. Paislee held her hand out to him, not saying a word. Usually, it wouldn't be her job to collect the money but since she had to eliminate the last two idiots who collected the money for taking half of it for themselves, she's made it her job to collect. And boy was she good at it. She always got the money they owed and if not, more than what they owed. Romeo handed Paislee the stack of money, his eyes darting at the stack then at her. Paislee saw this and raised a brow. When she looked at the stack, she smiled.

"Don't worry yourself so much. I'll decide how this is settled." Paislee said as she crossed her legs and began to count te money. As she counted, she looked up at Romeo. "Do you have any family members?" she asked, her hands dealing out the money. He said no quietly and when he said that, Paislee took it as a sign.

"Alright, here's what's about to happen. You thought that I didn't know who you were, didn't you? I know who you are. I did my research. I know you're loaded. I'm no idiot. Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I'm a moron. So, what you're going to do for me is withdraw half of the money you have in the bank and give it to me. Simple as that." she explained and looked at the driver who nodded. Romeo raised a brow and licked his lips, sitting up straight and facing Paislee. Apparently, someone's balls grew back as she talked.

"I'm not doing that! I've worked hard for that money! You can't just take it because I owe you not even 1/4th of what I have in the bank! That's ridiculous!" he shot back, his voice raising. Paislee raised an eyebrow and looked at him. She tried not to kill him for raising his voice at her. Who was he talking to? His mother?

"Do not raise your voice at me again. If you're so rich, why the hell did you borrow so much money from The Santorini's? So if we're being honest here, that money belongs to The Santorini's. The only reason I'm not making you get all of it is because it look's suspicious. Now, go get the damn money before I shoot you in your fucking head. Got it?" she said as the car came to a stop. Romeo rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"I'm not afraid of some girl. You don't even have a gun on you." he said, looking out the window and refusing to get out. In a mere matter of seconds, Paislee's fist made contact with his face and the flesh quickly started to swell. Romeo began to yell and before he knew it, Paislee had her gun out and pointed at his head. Her finger was on the trigger and a grin on her face.

"Don't think I won't do it. I'm not just "some girl". I'm the girl who haunts you in your sleep. Now get the fuck out of my car and get your damn money. Give them a good excuse and if you do anything to give away that you're lying, I will kill you. You have no family to miss you so no one will give a rat's ass. And I'll be sure that your money goes to a good place. Now, get going." she threatened, her words laced with venom as she spoke. When Paislee was doing any form of business for The Santorini's, she always got what she wanted. If not, she would put them out of her misery. Her misery you ask, yes her misery. If Paislee didn't get what she wanted then she'd make sure they didn't get to keep wasting her oxygen.

Romeo got out from the vehicle and looked back after he closed the door. Paislee just looked back at him since the windows were tinted and no one could see her face. Paislee looked down at her phone and set a timer, knowing that it shouldn't take more than twenty minutes for him to get the money. While she waited, she did what everyone does. Plays Candy Crush.

When the timer went off at twenty minutes, Paislee looked at the door. People came in, people came out. Just as banks operated. She decided to give him five more minutes until she would have to go in and get him. Just as two minutes were up, out came Romeo. He came back to the car and closed the door, handing Paislee a nice amount of money in a briefcase. The briefcase must have come with withdrawing a large sum of money, but that didn't matter. As long as she got what she asked for. Paislee looked at all of the money and counted it rather quickly, signaling the driver to go back to Romeo's home. When she counted how much money he had given her, she smiled.

"Alright, Mr. Romeo. It was a pleasure doing business with you. If you tell anyone what happened today, you'll regret it. That's a promise. Now, I hope to keep doing business with you because I'll be back to collect in a month." Paislee said with a nod, closing the briefcase and setting it in her lap. The rest of the ride, neither of them talked and when he was dropped off at his home, he didn't look back this time.

On the way to the estate, Paislee opened the briefcase again and couldn't help but grin. "$66,000 never looked so good." she said, looking at the driver who smiled as well. As the estate drew closer, Paislee closed the briefcase and prepared to hand it over to Cristiano. Hopefully, he would be proud of her for getting so much money. After all, nice things cost money. When she was inside, she went to Cristiano's office but was informed that he was still out. Paislee only nodded but kept the money with her, telling them that she would wait for his return.

Well, I messed around with it but every time I preview it I get the same broken result. I'm utterly confused, the coding looks flawless to me on the accordions now unless I'm missing something. Maybe it'll look right when it actually posts but if not then I invite anyone else to look and see if I missed something.

EDIT: WOOOOOO I GOT IT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's strange...I removed some bits of code but when I posted they returned to their exact previous location...

Lemme try something.

Hey look I fixed it! Just quote my post and pull the code from it!

Atom said:
Hey look I fixed it! Just quote my post and pull the code from it!
tumblr_m6e4tk2RxV1ryj6qoo1_500.gif

You are literally the best person on this site. Thank you so so much for fixing it! If you don't mind, could you tell me how exactly you fixed it?

tumblr_inline_nt6t2oo8ia1r1lcf6_500.gif

Atom said:

Syra Fox

latest

no slide
Basics

Name

Syra Beatrice Fox

Nickname

Sy, Bee

Female

Sexuality

Heterosexual

Ethnicity

Caucasian

Role

New Girl

Appearance

Hair

Eyes

A light green in color

Height

5ft 8

Weight

130 lbs

Build

Tall, slim, athletic

Other Features

Persona

Personality

Fresh Air

Animals

Cold Things

The Sound of Rain

Nature

Dislikes

Being Confined

Moving

Tourist

Small Places

Heavy Amounts of Makeup

Hobbies/Talents

Behavioral Quirks:

In-depth

tumblr_mhnr6gXqWi1qi8kk4o4_250.gif

Biography

Syra Beatrice Fox was born to Eleanor and Keith Fox on February 16th, 1997. Her father was in the military when she was born and for a long time during her life. That left her mother to take care of her with the help of her much younger brother, Sky, who was still a teenager himself. Even though it was just herself and her brother taking care of the new baby, they always made sure to put Syra's needs before their own. Her mother didn't work so she stayed home with her all day while Sky attended school and had part-time jobs in order to help out. Since she wasn't working, Eleanor took Syra to baby classes, to the park, to have play dates with her friend's kids etc.

Months passed and turned to years and before Eleanor could realize it, her little girl was walking all by herself. Eleanor and Sky were so proud to see Syra walk that they Skyped with Keith while he had some down time to show him her progress. Keith was so happy to see his baby girl walk but at the same time very upset that he wasn’t there to see her grow up. Time doing what it did best, fast forwarded to Christmas time. Eleanor was decorating the tree with the help of Sky while Syra watched from inside her playpen. The time was 9:34 p.m. It was dark outside and the ground was being covered with a fresh blanket of snow. Eleanor and Sky were talking about the plans they made with their mother about Christmas dinner. Eleanor made a comment about how she hated that Keith wouldn’t be home yet. He was stationed for at least two years with no leave. For Eleanor, it was as if it were a Christmas miracle. The front door of the house opened and in came Keith. Eleanor was so happy when she saw her husband. She immediately stopped everything she did and ran to the man she hadn’t seen in almost a year. Sky smiled and picked up Syra, standing close to them and greeting his brother-in-law. After Keith let go of his wife, he took Syra into his arms and introduced himself. However, instead of smiling and giggling, Syra cried and screamed. From that moment, Syra didn’t have the type of relationship most little girls had with their fathers.

As time went on and Syra grew older, things began to change. Her father came home from the war and nothing was the same. He was delusional, overbearing, and mentally unstable. He never spoke about what happened while he was deployed so no one asked. There were nights when Syra couldn’t sleep because her parents were yelling and fighting again. There were times she witnessed her father beat her mother for staying out too late with her friends. When things like this happened, Syra would go to a corner in her room and hide. She’d cover her ears and chant, “You are my sunshine. My only sunshine. You make me happy, when skies are gray. You’ll never know, dear how much I love you. Please don’t take my sunshine away.” She’d say this until the yelling stopped and her father retreated back to the bedroom, leaving her mother crying and bloodied on the floor. Syra would end up going to her mother and hugging her, cleaning up the damage done by her father and allowing her mother to sleep in her room for the night.

At the age of 12, Syra’s father began to pay more attention to her. He began to treat her more like he used to treat her mother. Syra always tried to limit her time with him because of how he touched her. When he’d hug her, he’d put a hand on her lower back and one on her bottom. When he’d talk to her, he’d caress her face. When she was blamed for anything, he would stand up for her and challenge whoever was against her. Things he used to do for Eleanor. While she was being treated this way, Eleanor watched. She wasn’t envious of her daughter or anything of the sort. She just wanted her to be safe.

It was on the night that Eleanor went over to Sky's that anything serious happened to Syra. Syra was in the living room watching tv in her pajamas and a bowl of popcorn by her side. Her father was in his room watching a movie. It was in the middle of her show that her father came out from his room to see what his daughter was watching. When he saw what she was dressed in, a tank top and shorts, he saw it as his chance. He sat by Syra and put an arm around her, pulling her close with a smile. Syra looked up at him, confused. She figured that he wanted to watch the show with her so she let it be. At least twenty-five minutes later did she find out she was wrong. What he wanted was her. He didn’t want to watch the show with her. He wanted all of her. Everything that she had. He wanted it.

He turned the volume down on the tv and looked down at Syra, she in turn looked up at him. He picked her chin up and leaned down, kissing her. Syra couldn’t believe what was happening and pushed him off of her, wiping her mouth.

“What are you doing?! I’m not mom!” she screamed at him, tears rushing to her eyes. Keith looked at her in disbelief. How could she react like that to him? Her own father. He stood up and looked at her.

“What are you talking about, honey? She has nothing to do with this. It’s just me and you! Just like it’s supposed to be.” He said a smile on his face. Syra shook her head and stood up, making her way past him and to her room. When she tried to make it past him, though, he stopped her. He grabbed her by the shoulders and shoved her back into the couch.

“Listen here. I’ve waited for you to grow up. I’ve been holding everything back for you. I love you. I need you. Just tell daddy you love him, baby girl.” he said and put a hand on the side of her face. Syra sat there mortified, not believing what was actually happening. Was she in a horror story? When he leaned down to kiss her, Syra blocked her face and before she knew it, his massive hand grabbed her face and made her face him. His other hand had her arms pinned down. As much as she squirmed and screamed, she couldn’t get up. He was twice her size and muscular.

Seconds passed that turned to minutes then to hours. Syra was helpless and no one was hearing her screams. After she felt the immense pain in a region she never thought pain could be felt, she had lost all hope of anyone coming to help her. She didn’t give up though. She still tried to fight him. That was of course, a failure as her torture continued.

“Sorry, I’m late. Mom came over and I had to stay longer. Syra, baby are you hungry?” Eleanor’s voice filled the room as she sat her keys on the counter. At the sound of her mother’s voice, Syra tried to yell for her but her father’s hand over her mouth made it difficult. Eleanor kept talking as she stood in the kitchen and replied to a few text messages. Syra couldn’t take it anymore and bit down on her father’s hand and as soon as he let go, she screamed for her mother.

“Mommy! Mommy! Mommy, help me!” she screamed out before her father’s fist made contact with her mouth causing her to wail louder. At the sound of her daughter’s scream, Eleanor ran to where her husband and daughter were and what she found shocked her to the core. Keith had hit Syra so much that her right eye was swollen shut, her cheek was bruised and swollen, and she was covered in bruises and hand prints. Eleanor didn’t think before she launched herself at Keith, hitting him for what he was doing to her baby. Keith let out a grunt as he pushed her away, pulling away from Syra and now focusing on Eleanor.

Keith looked at Eleanor as she got back up and kicked him in the knee, knowing that was his weak spot. This brought Keith down to his knees.

“That is your daughter, Keith! You have no right to lay a finger on her!” she yelled, tears streaming down her face. Keith only looked up at her and grabbed her by her knees, bringing her down to the floor with him. Eleanor was caught off guard and fell to the ground, hitting her head on the wooden floor.

“Mommy!” Syra screamed as she watched the event unfold. Eleanor felt dizzy and furrowed her brows, looking at her daughter. She mouthed, ‘I love you, darling.’ before Keith began his cruel torture to her. He hit punched her in the gut and beat her head in until they were both in a pool of blood.

“If she’s not here, we have nothing to worry about, baby girl.” he said when he turned to look at Syra who was horrified. Keith turned his attention to his unconscious wife and reached into his pocket, pulling out his knife and opening it. Before Syra could protest, Keith began stabbing Eleanor. And stabbing. And stabbing. Syra watched as her mother’s blood splattered everywhere, her cries echoing in her head. Syra sat there motionless, her eyes covered by her hands as she sang her song. No matter how loud she sang, though, her mother’s agonizing cries drowned them out. When he was done and not another sound came from Eleanor, Keith stood up and turned to Syra.

“Now no one has to come between us. I did this all for you, baby girl.” he said, that look in his eyes telling her a different story. Syra shook her head and cried, her whole world had just crumbled in front of her. Keith walked over to her and kissed the top of her head, telling her that he was going to wash up and then they would find somewhere to throw Eleanor’s body. As soon as he left and she heard the shower running, Syra grabbed her clothes and ran out the door. She ran to her neighbor’s house across the street and banged on their door. She knew it took her father about twenty minutes to take a shower and that would give her enough time to get help.

When her neighbors opened the door, they were horrified when they saw Syra. They took her inside and she asked them to call the cops for her. She was afraid that if she did it, her father would find out. The neighbors spent no time and called the police, telling them about Syra and her condition. The police told them to keep Syra with them while they were on their way. Her neighbors asked her what had happened and when she explained, they had no idea how to react. They were speechless. They then asked if she had anyone to stay with and that if she didn’t she could stay with them. Syra told them about her uncle who would probably take her in.

When the police arrived, they found Keith searching the house for Syra in a panic. They had to shoot him in the leg and arm to get him to cooperate before sending him to jail. Sky was given custody of Syra since he had just turned 21. The first thing the two did was move away from the town and to a new state where no one knew who Syra was. Her story went to the news, but Syra never spoke to any reporters and Sky made sure of that.

As time went on, Syra’s life began to change. This time for the better. Sky enrolled into the Marines when Syra turned 16. When he graduated to become a full-fledged Marine, that’s when the two started to move. Sky was always being relocated and Syra always went with him. It was the two of them since finding love as a Marine wasn’t easy and neither was moving all the time. In her 6 years, Syra has lived in France, Mexico, and even Italy. Although she was new to each country and even the cities in the States, she adapted. She loved traveling and exploring the new places. Every new place helped her forget her rough past and helped her find who she was. Many say moving all the time isn’t a good thing, but for Syra, moving is like it’s own therapy. She’s learned many new things and with the help of her Uncle Sky, has started seeing the greater things in life. She has made it her goal to not let her past define how her future will play out.

Secrets

Witnessed her mother's death.

Was raped by her father.

Is afraid of open water.

Has a birthmark on her inner thigh of a whale and a birthmark on her bottom shaped like Hawaii.

What are your character's thoughts about his/her deceased friend?

Even though Syra never knew Briana, she knew what it felt like to lose someone. She feels horrible for the loss of such a young life. She doesn't bring the girl's name up in anything and doesn't ask questions about her death.

Relationships

TBA

no slide
no slide
no slide

Well, I messed around with it but every time I preview it I get the same broken result. I'm utterly confused, the coding looks flawless to me on the accordions now unless I'm missing something. Maybe it'll look right when it actually posts but if not then I invite anyone else to look and see if I missed something.

EDIT: WOOOOOO I GOT IT!

I copied and pasted what you did to the thread and it still messed up for me....maybe I'm just not meant to use code

lonecoyote said:
tumblr_m6e4tk2RxV1ryj6qoo1_500.gif

You are literally the best person on this site. Thank you so so much for fixing it! If you don't mind, could you tell me how exactly you fixed it?

tumblr_inline_nt6t2oo8ia1r1lcf6_500.gif
Eh

Easier said then done, for some reason your codes all tried to end here:

[CENTER]
{/slide}[/accordion][accordion=90%|bcenter]

{Slide=In Depth}

[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/b5a0be1834401b4b11830d03e717b442/tumblr_mhnr6gXqWi1qi8kk4o4_250.gif[/IMG]

Biography[/accordion][/border][/bg][/CENTER]

[bg=#FAFAD2][border=5px dotted #D3D3D3][accordion=90%|bcenter]

Syra Beatrice Fox was born to Eleanor and Keith Fox on

I've no idea why. I just removed all those bits with the rich text editor off.

lonecoyote said:
I copied and pasted what you did to the thread and it still messed up for me....maybe I'm just not meant to use code
Copy it directly from from my post and turn the rich text editor off before you paste it in the box. There's a little wrench icon in the top right corner of the editor. Click that to turn it off.

The reason why the slide is not showing is because your tags were not properly placed. For your In Depth slide, it was not closed before the closing accordion tag. And then, you did not properly open the new slide after you made the new accordion code. You can even see this in the example Atom gave to you above. You have to close that slide before you close the full accordion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back