• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Plea for 1x1 partner

Techno Cat

My idea for this roleplay is one that I've been dying to try. We would start in a modern-ish setting (give or take a few decades). Each of us would begin an introductory scene, and in each scene, each of us would have one character. This would produce two seemingly distinct storylines, with each of us controlling one character to start. Then, the ultimate goal is to find a way to merge those two storylines. This is about exploring chaos and coincidence, finding connections, and an analytical approach to organic storytelling.

My Style of Roleplay

My favorite theme is modern with a twist of fantasy and/or science fiction, a time and a place where magic and/or technological advancements are incidental. I'm more the type to write about a surgical mind meld with your canine companion than about Cerberus at the gates of Hades. I am flexible with other environments and time frames, but these are just my inclinations.

I am what you would call literate. I am also obsessive, and will post as much as humanly possible. I work full time, but my job requires the brain power of a thumb tack, and so I may be able to get a post or two during my breaks. I take Italian longsword lessons on Tuesday evenings, volunteer on Saturdays with wildlife rescue, and sleep like most mortals in this realm. However, my availability aside from those things is quite high.

Although I prefer 1X1 roleplaying, I often find myself playing at least three characters in order to keep things diverse and interesting. Typically, these characters are introduced gradually, though my last bout of roleplaying introduced two of my characters (brothers) at once. I tend towards a lot of internal dialogue. This is roleplaying, after all.

I have played men, women, little girls, straight characters, gay characters, alcoholics, artists, scientists, and everything in between. I'm comfortable with whatever. Variety is the spice of life.

What Our Roleplay Should Consist Of

1. Mature theme. Be as detailed and profane as you want.

2. Mutual courtesy.

3. Collaborative creation of the world. We set the parameters and go from there.

4. Romantic subplot(s), which develop gradually.

5. Open communication.

If you are at all interested, let me know. I'm still a noob according to the site, so my private messenger is limited until I get my post number up. =)

I'm intrigued by this idea. I can't say I've seen too many rp concepts like this one but I'm willing to give it a shot. When your post count is up to the minimum I can PM you. (:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back