• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Playing With Matches

pulpfiction

can i get a fucken uhhhhhhhhh

embed.php
tumblr_nk3nreePWM1qb9pa3o1_500.gif
Soulmates -- a highly controversial yet rather enticing concept. Many people spend their entire lives searching for Mr. or Mrs. "Right"; others choose to stay clear of the idea for various reasons. Maybe you're one who believes in true love and happy endings... Or maybe you're one who has faced so much heartbreak that the concept of finding your happiness is seemingly slipping through your fingers. Whatever your case may be, you are now seeking help from an atypical source -- a matchmaker. Yep, that's right. The infamous matchmaker. Oh, what a foolish idea! Or... Is it?

Whether you chose to seek her guidance out of your own free will or the pressure of another, the lovely Mrs. Rivera is here to help. After having you complete a short survey for her files, she insists that she will do all she can to find your one true match. Weeks go by with no word from the supposed matchmaker, making you begin to grow more weary of the situation. You're on the verge of giving up, feeling awfully disappointed in your failed attempt... And then the email arrived.

no slide
no slide
no slide
You've got mail!
Send New Email
New Email Received
Ava Rivera
Your Love Awaits!
Send New Email
New Email Received

Hello again! This is Ava Rivera; your one and only matchmaking savior! I am sending this email to inform you that I have processed your survey and have found you a match! If you are still interested in meeting the love of your life, please reply to this message or simply call 1 - 800 - 555 - 5683. If you do not respond within the next 48 hours, I shall assume my services are no longer needed and stop further communication until notified otherwise.

I hope to hear back from you very soon! ~ Ava

Responding to her message, you are further informed that in order to meet your "match", there is an even more interesting procedure to follow. For the next several weeks, you will be required to spend your days residing in and inn with a multitude of other people; one of which is labeled as your soul mate. Hesitant at first, you ultimately decide to go as this could be the chance of a life time. After all, you are the one who signed up for this. The only goal now is to figure out if who you are destined to be with is really right for you. Will you figure it out by the end of your time here? Or will you fall for another? Or perhaps no one at all?

w r i t t e n | b y | @oOBubblesOo

c o d e | b y |
@pulpfiction

embed.php
tumblr_n6ii2tZKoD1s9rujjo1_500.gif
- Try to create original, unique characters. No Gary Stus or Mary Sues, please. Diversity (whether it be in face claim, personality, backstory, sexuality, or gender) is encouraged!

- Use "fade to black" whenever necessary.

- We will choose characters by quality of writing. This is not first come first serve.

- There will be 4 or 5 couples in total, depending on whether or not we get 8 characters or 10.

- Mild profanity and violence is allowed for the sake of added drama.

- Respect the other role players in the OOC. If problems arise, there will be only one warning before you are kicked.

- No godmodding/bunnying/what have you as it takes away from the story for everyone else.

- No, this most likely won't be an even gender ratio, as characters' sexual preferences may vary.

- To indicate you've read the rules, put your favorite romantic movie quote/gif somewhere in your character sheet.

- Romance is obviously encouraged so long as we keep things at your typical PG-13 levels.

- Try to post at least thrice a week and inform @oOBubblesOo of any extended absence to avoid the re-opening of your spot(s).

- Keep posts to a respectable length (7 sentence min.) in order to keep the story flowing. More is encouraged but not necessarily required. However, any less than a solid paragraph is discouraged as little can be done with such a small response. I can understand writer's block but on occasion; not in every single post.

-Try to use proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling to the best of your ability.

c o d e | b y |
@pulpfiction

embed.php

Located in... Ogunquit, Maine; a beautiful place by the sea.

Out Front

PID_587.jpg

Backyard

PID_589.jpg

Rooms

PID_492.jpg

Shoreline

PID_471.jpg

Room amenities include... Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Amenities Basket, Bath robes, Board games, CD player, Ceiling fans, Coffee/Tea facilities, DVD Player, Fireplace, Fridge, Hairdryer, Hot tub/whirlpool tub, Internet Service, Ironing Board, Microwave, Private entrance, Radio, Satellite/Cable TV, TV, Telephone, VCR, Videos, Wet bar, Wi-Fi, King beds, Private bathrooms.

On-site amenities include... BBQ grill, Bike rental, Library, Movie library, Outdoor grilling, Parking, Piano, Spa, Sports equipment rental, TV video games, Washer/dryer, Wedding Facilities, Workout facility, Heated Pool, Steam room, Massage room, Sauna, Gym, Theater, Full breakfast buffet, Private limousine, Great room lounge, Indoor/outdoor dining areas, Bar.

Pool (Day)

PID_564.jpg

Indoor Dining Area

PID_572.jpg

Kitchen

PID_568.jpg

Great Room

PID_489.jpg

Massage Room

PID_485.jpg

Outdoor Dining Area

PID_467.jpg

Bar

PID_571.jpg

Pool (Night)

PID_553.jpg

On-site activities include... Bicycle rental, Bicycle riding, Billiards, Bird watching, Boating, Canoeing, Cross-country ski trails, Fishing, Golfing, Horseback riding, Hunting, Kayaking, Mountain biking, Trolley tours, Schooner trips, Railway rides, Whale watches, Deep sea fishing, Harbor cruises, Sailing, Shopping, Swimming, Arcade gaming, Whitewater rafting

Area attractions include... Amusement park, Antique shopping, Aquarium, Art galleries, Beach, Concert venue, Gourmet/Fine dining, Historical interests, Live music, Movie theater, Museum, National/State parks, Nature area, Ocean, Outlet stores, Performing theater, Picnic area, Religious services, River, Zoo.

c o d e | b y |
@pulpfiction

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back