• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Playing it straight

Which quest?

• Weeaboos and Waifus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Damsels and Dragons

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

JayTee

Eight Thousand Club
So I'm interested in running a quest again after a long hiatus, the problem is, I'm not quite sure what quest to run! Rather than ruminate on all the possible ways I could present a particular quest to an audience, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone and put it to a vote and see which quest people are most interested in me running.

So, without further delay, here are your options:

Weeaboos and Waifus -

Many of us have watched an anime or two in our time, and have become familiar with the cliches, stereotypes and assorted tropes that belong to a particular genre. Weeabos and Waifus will take those tropes and explore their logical outcomes. You will take the role of a newly christened anime protagonist, complete with all the assorted trappings. Can you go to school, save the day and live with the consequences that are normally glossed over in the shows?

Damsels and Dragons -

Western fantasy has several well known quantities. Elves are aloof and magical, Dwarves are isolationist and industrious, and humans are everywhere and doing everything. You are a stranger to this world, pulled from our modern times via powers you don't understand. Sadly, storybook logic and fantasy tropes wont save you this time. The surface details may look the same, but the consequences are real and lasting.

@Anomaly and @Cirno, because I said I'd ping you when it happened.

@simj22 and @Grey, 'cause I think this might be of interest to you.

@Teh Frixz, @Homage @Grin @Killigrew, because Galdur's Bate.

@Ayl, because why not?

@ Anyone else who might be interested.

Also, the Fandom prefix in this case refers to the genres, rather than a particular series.

Last edited by a moderator:
JayTee said:
cause I think this might be of interest to you.
You're goddamn right.

I pick number 2, because weeab trash, even though it will be good, given that youre running it, will still be trash, and will attract trash.

To be fair, the consequences in both will be real and lasting. It's more a matter of deciding the genre you like best =p

Alright, I think the vote has settled and is unlikely to change much in the immediate future. I'm thinking of starting this up sometime next monday when I'm off of work (and it'll give me more time to plan things out) so in the mean time I'd like to ask what everyone is looking forward to most going in to this. I can't promise I'll be able to include everything, but I can promise to try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I'm hoping to screw up with magnitude. :P Accidentally starting wars and indirectly razing cities to the ground, as some examples.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back