• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Platonic Roleplay

SirWilfred

Rootin’ Tootin’ Buckaroo
Yo! Hope everyone is doing awesome. First off I just wanna say that I’m a pretty straightforward, easy to get along with guy. The main things you need to know when writing with me is that I’m literate-advanced, 18+, male (and write as male characters), and a lover of good RPs.

I’m looking for a partner who is friendly, able to chat OOC about the plot (we don’t have to be BFFs, but I think it’s good if we can at least be on friendly terms with one another), and is able to respond one a day or once every few days. I like discussing ideas and planning things for the roleplay, and I’m open to change things up to keep it interesting and include new ideas.

-WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR AT THE MOMENT-

Like most of you, I enjoy a good romance roleplay. However, at this particular moment I'm looking for something that is not focused on romance at all. I’m wanting something that’s purely platonic! Our characters can be best friends, related, or even enemies- but I don’t want any romance between them. We can, however, add side characters for them to have as romantic interests in the RP. I’m looking for a male x male pairing only! So without further ado, here are the ideas I have. I am of course open to changing them or adding something you’d like to include, or maybe doing an entirely different idea. Just message me if interested!

1. Father and Son
This could take a wide variety of paths. It could be a wholesome plot revolving around a single (or married) father raising his son through the troublesome years of being a teenager. Hiking, fishing, mechanical work- teaching him all about being a man. They can get along, have fights, get grounded, etc. It can be set in a modern setting, or it could be anything from medieval king and his princely son, Roman legionaire and his eldest boy, or even a rancher and his son in 1800s Texas. The possibilities are endless! (For this the son must be at least eleven years old, older is preferred.)

2. Brothers.
This, like the plot above, has wide possibilities. They can be teens or adults, they can get along and be really close or have big differences. They can live in simple suburbia or go on crazy adventure using the money of their rich great uncle- whatever we imagine.

3. Soldiers/Cops
There’s nothing like the brotherhood forged between brothers at arms. Two soldiers who are best friends, determined to take care of one another. They could be soldiers on the ground stationed somewhere in the Middle East going on dangerous missions, seamen serving in the navy, or even just your regular city cops making their patrols and fighting crime together. It could even be two Vikings or Roman soldiers!

4. Explorers
This plot can be set in a modern or historical setting, and it can even combine ideas 1. or 2. to have the duo be brothers or father and son. They can be biologists traveling deep into the jungle to discover new species or archaeologists on the hunt for lost treasure in Peru or Egypt Indiana Jones style.

There are other ideas we could do, such as-
Hogwarts
Star Wars Universe
Skyrim
Futuristic/Dystopian

If anyone is interested, please hit me up!

Hey there, your ideas sound fantastic! Do you still have space for a roleplay for partners in the police force? Also, when you say literate-advanced, how many paragraphs would you prefer on average? I find the definition varies from person to person.

Although I don’t yet have much experience with roleplaying more than a few paragraphs per reply, I do personal story-writing as a hobby so I’ll happily attempt novella-style if it jives with my roleplay partner. Let me know if you’re interested!

Hey there! So sorry that it took me so long to respond. I have been busy today and haven’t even thought to check my email for notifs from this place! I am still very much interested. As far as length is concerned, if I’m being completely honest I prefer quality over quantity! As long as it’s a decent reply it can be three paragraphs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back