• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Pirates and Assassins

Celaena sighed and looked up at the mast with irritation. It wasn't something she was thrilled about doing, and she wasn't exactly one to listen to someone else's orders. In fact, the only orders she was accustomed to following were orders to kill, and she carried them out with no complaint. Though she yearned to do the exact opposite of what Lucas ordered and occupy herself with something more entertaining, she didn't want to get on the captain or crew's bad side. She cracked her fingers and began climbing.

It took a few minutes, but Celaena managed to get the hang of being on the ropes. There was something about being up so high on a moving ship that felt so exhilarating to her. She received curt instructions from Dale, and she assisted him in fixing the mast, which with two swift pairs of hands, didn't take very long.

"Captain, I think you should take a look at this..."

Luke nodded, approaching the man and accepting the telescope from the crew member. Just barely, he could make out the flags on the approaching ship. Nothing special, maybe just a merchant's ship, and since they were heading in this direction, it was probably loaded with supplies and treasure. He looked up at Dale and Celaena, seeing that the damage had been eradicated, and back at the other man.

"We'll make short work of this. Do me a favor and have the men get a couple cannons ready...won't take much to bring her down."

Even when she and Dale had finished fixing the mast, Celaena stayed behind on the ropes. She smiled only slightly, enjoying the ocean breeze and the blue water beneath. She hung from the ropes by one hand and her left foot. Looking below, Celaena observed the pirates aboard this ship doing their work, and was thankful she got this small reprieve; she didn't want to be put to work on deck anytime soon.

Celaena turned her attention back out onto the ocean, and saw something that caught her eye. She squinted, though it was obvious to her that a ship was fast approaching.She wondered if Lucas was aware of this, and her suspicions were confirmed when she gazed down to see a telescope in his hand. Maybe she could get her hands on a sword in the skirmish, and maybe even slay a few men herself. Not really knowing what else to do, Celaena remained there at the ropes until she climbed back down onto the deck.

Luke turned around, hearing Celaena climb back down from the mast. It was repaired well - and he was surprised she'd gotten it done without Dale yelling at her once. Heck, Dale even yelled at him...

He sighed, rolling his shoulders and cracking his neck, loosening up his limbs for battle.

"You've got to go back below deck...I'm pretty sure ya don't plan on fighting for us, and anyway, I need you alive," Luke said, taking her by the arm firmly and pulling her across the ship.

Celaena looked at Lucas incredulously and dug her heels into the dock as if doing so would slow his pace. She knew that he wouldn't trust everything she said, but she wanted to fight, and get that adrenaline kick that comes with wielding a blade in combat.

"What? I'm staying, and it's pretty clear your ship is going to win this one, so why would I fight for them? There is no way I'm sitting this out. Oh, and staying alive won't be a problem for me, either," she replied with a stubborn edge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Luke stopped, evaluating her words, before letting her go. "I assume you know where your sword is," he said, deciding what she said made sense.

Besides, who was he to reject help on defeating another ship?

"We board in ten minutes..." He said, before leaving her to it and making his way to the edge of the ship again, preparing to give the signal to his men when the time came.

With a victorious gin, Celaena marched off away from Luke and down below deck to grab her sword and a few small daggers to use during the fight. She was actually surprised that Lucas had allowed her to fight; he seemed like a difficult person to persuade.

When Celaena arrived back on deck, she noticed the ship coming closer, and leaned on the railing in anticipation. This was going to be fun.

She waited for Lucas's word to board, pacing on the balls of her feet and twirling a dagger in her hands.

"FIRE!" he yelled, and his men obeyed, firing a few cannonballs at the smaller ship, effectively rendering it useless in the water. It didn't take many, and Luke jogged back down to the main deck before instructing the ladders to be put over once they were close enough. "Let's go!" he yelled, grinning like a madman as he raised the sword in the air, before joining his men who were quickly boarding the other ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back