• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Pieces of Konera (An Idea)

Dovahkiin

caffeinated™
Hellooo. I've been brewing up a fantasy RP idea for a little while, and was hoping, by some streak of luck, that it might spark some people's interests. Please keep in mind this is a pretty basic overview of the RP so far, but if you've got ideas, please feel free to voice them. c:

The RP will be set in a medieval-ish time (I'm not sure what else to call it, haha), with elves, humans, orcs, and dwarves all facing a common threat. With the disappearance of one of their gods, Konera (the goddess of virtue), demons have plagued the once-serene lands of Ubron and sent it spiraling into an abyss of death, hopelessness, and chaos. The major organizations have devoted their time to aiding the people, but it seems no one has stepped up to face the actual threat in front of them, and who could've been behind unleashing the waves of demons.

That's where a group of ass-kickers comes in (AKA, our characters). Assembling themselves to form a mercenary group of sorts, they'll embark on a journey to collect pieces of an amulet needed to summon Konera and end the madness that'll inevitably lead to their slaughter unless stopped.

I'll definitely work out some more of the details later, hopefully with some of your help. I'd really like this to be a cooperative RP where we can all discuss ideas and all that jazz, so I'd love to hear your ideas! Again, this is just a very basic overview of the RP so far.

Thanks a million for reading.

If you're interested, please leave a comment.​

Dovahkiin said:
Really glad you do. c:
Is there a specific way you want, well let me think how I want to describe this, I'm a novice at rping, short sentences not a lot of great detail (I'm working on it). Would you rather have more experienced people do this?

Bluitexor said:
Is there a specific way you want, well let me think how I want to describe this, I'm a novice at rping, short sentences not a lot of great detail (I'm working on it). Would you rather have more experienced people do this?
How many sentences or lines do you think you could manage per post?

I really like where this is headed. Maybe, each person could have a god they worship and get certain powers or abilities for it? Like, say an elf worships the god of the hunt, they could be stealthier and more attuned to sounds when under the gods blessing. This is just a suggestion, do what u will with it.

I love the idea although, and excuse me for this but I feel this could bolster the idea, a more detailed history to the disappearance of Konera could add a more mysterious and ominous feel to the rise of the dark side. It can also add more substance to the need for these heroes to find the pieces of the amulet.

MoltenLightning said:
I really like where this is headed. Maybe, each person could have a god they worship and get certain powers or abilities for it? Like, say an elf worships the god of the hunt, they could be stealthier and more attuned to sounds when under the gods blessing. This is just a suggestion, do what u will with it.
Oh and perhaps to add to this, the protagonist who is a worshipper of Konera and the chosen worshipper of Konera has the abilities to track the amulet pieces which makes him/her/it the target of everyone.

Dovahkiin said:
How many sentences or lines do you think you could manage per post?
It depends on what I'm writing about, I can usually scrounge up about a paragraph with some detail, about 7-10 sentences, I'm more likely to write more if it's more about what my character is doing instead of landscape or anything else describing my surroundings

@MoltenLightning, sounds like a really good idea! Also, @LifeNovel's addition to your suggestion is good, too. I felt like that would add some depth to the RP for sure.

@LifeNovel, hah, yeah. c: I was thinking maybe she had a brother-god, sort of like the yin to her yang. Perhaps he could be envious of how much she's looked up to, and eventually defeats her and sends her into a sleep-like state? Konera would need to be revived in order to subdue her brother-god (still not quite sure what we should call him yet) and restore peace, maybe.

@Bluitexor, you sound like a fine RPer to me. c: Feel free to join, if you like.

Dovahkiin said:
@MoltenLightning, sounds like a really good idea! Also, @LifeNovel's addition to your suggestion is good, too. I felt like that would add some depth to the RP for sure.
@LifeNovel, hah, yeah. c: I was thinking maybe she had a brother-god, sort of like the yin to her yang. Perhaps he could be envious of how much she's looked up to, and eventually defeats her and sends her into a sleep-like state? Konera would need to be revived in order to subdue her brother-god (still not quite sure what we should call him yet) and restore peace, maybe.

@Bluitexor, you sound like a fine RPer to me. c: Feel free to join, if you like.
Alright but if I screw up I am so sorry c:

@Dovahkiin Maybe his name could be Ugonton? Which could add to people not really liking him because of such a funny-sounding name. It can also be a way for his subjects to tease him perhaps.

Yay, productivity! Now I really like where this is going. If you need to know, on average I type 4 sentences on moments where not much details are needed, but when details should be included, I can do an average of 6-9 sentences. Really depends on how lazy i'm being.

Sunbather said:
I'm interested! Idea sounds solid and I know Dovahkiin a quality RPer :)
Thanks! Likewise. Glad you're interested.

So, what do you guys think? Keep it casual, or make it detailed?

I can do either :) my average posts now are about three or more paragraphs of either five or more sentences

I'd prefer casual, since I'm more of a laid back person than a super focused person, but whatever you guys want... Casual also might be better for action oriented scenes.

Herro just dropping to say that I'm interested

You should do casual because that allows multiple paragraphs if you want to, but it's not that bad if you only do one.

It's got a very Lord of The Rings feel to it, which is not a bad thing at all.

I personally struggle to write less than three paragraphs per post. I'm not totally adverse to casual games, and with this many players I think there could be a nice mix. I can't commit just yet: I'm waiting to see how two other games go. But, I'll certainly be watching.

Because, half elves: yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back