• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Bug Phone Privacy Error?

Divine_Stalker

Looked better on paper
I was on RPN about 10 minutes ago, and when I attempted to retern to The site I'm suddenly getting a unsecured privacy message.

Also I'm currently using my phone's web browser, Google Chrome.

This is happening to me on two phones and two laptops. All on Google Chrome. And I even tried Internet Explorer. It says that their certification expired.

Having the same problem with both PC and mobile. I can't even preview my posts because of this >.>

Yeah I tried to turn off safe browsing on my Chrome to try and get around the problem but it didn't work. I'm on mobile now (Samsung browser) and I got the same warning. Also can't seem to log back on on my browser but that could just be me being stupid about my passwords

I hope everything will be fixed as soon as possible by either getting new certification or anything like that. Hopefully, nothing more serious is happening, but that could just be my pessimistic mind being a buttface to me.

It looks fine now. Well, I'm not getting a warning at least, but the nav bar still says 'Not secure'

Im getting privacy warnings on my PC? Is the https broken?

Hey all.

Our certificate expired. The actual site is still on a secure connection but browsers don't think it's real with out an unexpired cert. There is supposed to be a tool on the server that auto renews it but it did not go off as expected.

Have to wait for Ghan to wake up and fix it for us since he's the server whisperer. Just bare with for a few others then it will go away.

So I fixed this issue for myself by changing my computer's date. Went back to yesterday, no longer getting that super-annoying, hella persistent Google Chrome page. Try it, maybe.

I mean, it still says it's insecure on the address bar, but I don't have to go through the whole 'clicking on advanced and manually choosing to proceed' thing. I just have to remember to change it back when this is over~

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back