• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Phantom Realms RP

PhantomWriter

The Whimsical Phantom

Story:

People panicked, screaming in the streets of the neighborhood. Sirens blaring following shortly thereafter. "What... what happened? Guys, guys! Someone help me!" You yell, but no one seems to hear you. You try and grab someone, only to completely pass through them instead. "No, NO. Get me out of this nightmare. Wake up, WAKE UP!" It wasn't until you see your own body on a stretcher when you realize, this isn't a nightmare you will wake up from.

No, this is your new reality.

You're dead.

So where are you? Why aren't you in your glorified heaven you yearned for your whole life? Why are you dead, but still, not? Why are you living among your loved ones, who think you don't exist? Why can't you sleep or eat even though you are tired and starving?

Welcome to the Phantom Realm, where the dead never die.

Intro

Our universe is made of energy. Everything around you is energy when broken down to it's purest form of subatomic particles, including yourself. Also, energy cannot be totally destroyed, it just changes form. So when you die, what happens? Within our universe are other planes of existence, dimensions where excess energy can be stored, preventing an unstable build-up of energy. When you die, your energy, (or spirit) travels across these planes from one dimension to the next.

Realms

There are 3 main dimensions:

1. The "Animate" Realm - This is the dimension of the "living." Where you are born, and where you die. Your energy is stored within a body; basically the normal life you all know.
  2. The "Spiritual" Realm - This is the dimension of the "dead." Peaceful, eternal life. You are free here. When you die, this is where you go.

Normally.

3. The "Phantom" Realm - This is the dimension of the "Ghosts." This plane lies between the Animate and Spiritual Realm. Basically a spirit within the Animate realm, , but like a radio signal that isn't quite coming in clear on its dimensional frequency. Unlike the Spiritual Realm, you are trapped. You can see humans, and, for the most part, they can't see you. You can't eat, you can't touch, you can't feel, you can't sleep- A literal "Hell on Earth."

Most spirits that become trapped here are those who still wish to live, who don't want to move on. Those who weren't ready to die. Those who died without tying up loose-ends, like a father who never got to see her daughter become an adult and walk her down the aisle for her wedding.

Whatever the reason, it's not a pleasant place to be.

Plot

You will play the role as a spirit and/or human. The spirit will be trapped in the Phantom Realm, the Human having some profession dealing with Paranormal Activity. I will be playing the Roles of the Head Antagonist (The Reaper) and Head Protagonist. (A paranormal/forensic mastermind)

Roles seem to be self explanatory and easily inferred, (I hope. I'm too lazy to type it out. Besides, a general idea is more fun than an idea already mapped out anyway.
:P ) but don't hesitate to ask any questions via PM or OCC. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back