• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Persona 5: Divergent Paths Overview

Natealie

A Mask of Nyarlathotep
Persona 5: Divergent Paths is an rp set in the world of Persona 5. I however wanted to focus more on the themes of the original game, but in such a way that would enable people who have not played the game to try it out if they wish to partake in it without getting spoiled on the game too much. Plus rehashing the entire game plot point for plot point would get too boring. So this rp will diverge from the canon.

For example, the Phantom Thieves are not confined to a school setting anymore. I encourage you to play any form of social outcast that you see fit. Though you are allowed to play a student if you desire, a homeless person is just as valid of an outcast. I should say, and outcast or somebody that society uses really. Victims of society are also valid.

Of course there will be hearts to change and palaces to infiltrate. As a Dungeon Master you can be certain that I will plan each of these out, however I'm always willing to accept ideas if you have any.

There is also a Discord server for this. Simply ask me about it and I shall be able to hook you up.

Lastly the setup:

Your character, whoever they are will wake up with a strange app installed on their phone, the Metaverse Network app. If you do not have a phone, then it's very weird because now you do. It contains the basic Metaverse Navigator from P5, but also a social network. It's a bit eerie that your character has their own profile on it with an avatar, username, and everything. It also shows you where nearby users are, and no matter what you can't seem to delete it. Though it seems strange, it might be a good idea to investigate this strange app, and the others who it's linked to.

Now then, on to the rules.

1) No godmodding, autohitting/powerplaying/bunnying, or metagaming.

Godmodding is defined here as when a character can do basically anything without limits or boundaries.

Autohitting, powerplaying, and bunnying are not giving a roleplay partner a chance to respond in a scenario, and also controlling the actions of a character that is not your own. For example, attacking their character and assuming that it will hit, so typing in your post that it already hit.

Metagaming though is what I personally care the most about. This is having your character act on knowledge that they player knows but that they themselves do not know. As a Game Master, this one upsets me the most. If you do this, expect to be asked to edit your post.

If you are guilty of any of these, anyone can message me to let me know. You will be requested to edit the offending post. If you continue to do this however, other actions will have to be taken to stop the problem.

2) The GM's word is final. They reserve the right to remove anyone at any time.

I absolutely reserve this right. If you attempt to do something horrible even if it is technically not covered by the rules, I can still kick you.

3) Be nice.

This one should go without saying.

4) No killing anyone without their permission.

This one ALSO should go without saying.

5) If you want to drop the RP or take a break from it, tell the GM. Otherwise you won't be allowed back without extremely good reasoning.

I am very reasonable with this and am willing to work with you. If you leave on good terms then you are always welcome back.

6) If you're inactive for a week, expect to be skipped and contacted. After 2 weeks with no explanation, expect to be ejected.

I am not so reasonable with this one. If you hold up the RP you will earn my ire and lose my sympathy. If there is a legitimate reason however, please let me know and you will be permitted to rejoin if you time out, or we will be able to work something out.

7) Try to get at least two paragraphs (~five sentences each) per post. More is great, but try to avoid overdoing it.

The keyword here is try. In a perfect world we would be able to write entire novels with literally no time or effort. As long as your post moves the story along and thoughtfully responds to the posts before you in a way that is deemed satisfactory, you're generally good. Do not abuse this however. If you frequently post in a way that your partners do not find satisfying, talks will be had.

8) The GM reserves the right to alter the rules at any time.

This is so that I can respond to things that I did not think of at the time of creating the rules.

Now then, I hope that we enjoy our time together.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back