• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Percy Jackson RP | (closed)

Ali

sweet creature
.•° ✿ °•.
morgan
°•. ✿ .•°

The sun was bright in the sky as Morgan shuffled her way out of her cabin, the polished bronze doors of Cabin 1 swinging shut behind her. Her legs were exposed from the thighs down, something her mother would've scolded her for. But she wasn't here. With a bright, radiant smile on her face, (similar to the exterior of her cabin) she stepped down and out towards the center of the cabin area. A hearth lie at the middle of the grassy expanse, void of any life beside it except for the low crackling of the fire. Morgan quickly looked to the sky, where the sun seemed to be right above her blonde head. "Damnit, it's noon already?" she whispered beneath her breath. She quickly glanced around the area she stood in, blue eyes meeting an array of colors that each cabin donned. She ran a quick hand through her hair before speedwalking off towards the pavilion, where others were sure to be eating their lunch. Hopefully. But even if they weren't, she'd find someone eventually. Her sneakers made muted noises against the marble steps as she leaped up them, sighing loudly as she reached the top. She didn't bother to look up as she kept walking, hoping no one would call her out for being late.

Permanent Exhaustion Permanent Exhaustion

Kai sat at the table meant for children of Poseidon, which was empty aside from him. Even after the deal that all the gods had to claim their children, the Big Three didn’t have many, and Kai had no siblings at camp. His relationship with his father was one of ignorance. He’d met the man once, shortly after he was claimed, and it had been... uncomfortable. He was almost eighteen, and he’d just met his father. It wasn’t exactly a teary-eyed reunion. Poseidon had simply given him a ring, told him that it was a weapon, and that was that. It had taken him a week to figure it out, but he finally managed to turn the ring into the weapon it was intended to be - a trident. What a cliche. He usually stuck to his sword and shield, he was simply better with them.

Flint had a different experience while dining. Hephaestus had plenty of children, around a dozen at any given point were at camp, so his table was loud, laughing at some joke that his brother had made. He looked up when he heard a blonde entering the dining pavilion. He recognized her, unsurprisingly. The daughter of Zeus. Impressive, no doubt, like any child of the Big Three.

.•° ✿ °•.
morgan
°•. ✿ .•°

Morgan's blue eyes drifted almost instantly to the loud, boisterous table that was the Hephaestus table. She smiled absentmindedly at their kinship, wishing she had siblings to at least relate to. But she didn't. Daughter of Zeus was a lonely title, but she wouldn't complain. Then her eyes moved to meet Flint's, and she blinked quickly. Had he thought she was creepy? She offered a soft smile and quick, polite wave to look like she was just passing by. And then the sixteen-year-old made her way to the lonesome table that was the Zeus one, and she sat down. A bottle of water appeared in her hand, and she opened the cap with the alacrity of a man stuck in the desert for a day. She sighed as she placed it back onto the marble surface of the table. Apart from the young man sitting at the Poseidon table, she seemed to be the only one who was alone at their table. She watched him, with interested blue eyes. Maybe he'd be able to relate. His name was.. Kai? Kay? She kind of forgot as she chugged the rest of her water and turned to look at him, offering a wave in greeting. She wasn't one to initiate conversation, but she wouldn't deny one if it so happened/​

Kai had long since finished his food, only sitting at the table out of a lack of anything else to do. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw movement, and turned to see a blonde looking at him. For a moment, he had no clue who she was, until he realized that she was the only one at her table. That made it pretty obvious. In theory, they probably shouldn’t have liked at each other, considering their father’s rivalry, but he personally didn’t care. Posiedon’s fights didn’t affect him. Still, he didn’t move to approach the girl. It was against the rules to sit at someone else’s table, and he wasn’t going to get extra chores to talk to someone he didn’t know. Instead, he just offered her a nod of greeting.

Flint watched the daughter of Zeus for a split second, watching her wave at another guy. It took him a moment to place him, but only a moment before it hit him. Great. The two most dangerous people in camp were interacting. Being a child of the Big Three sounded awful, to him. He’d been at camp for over half his life, the people at his table were his family, the only one he had. Having nobody else sounded lonely, he wasn’t jealous of that.

.•° ✿ °•.
morgan
°•. ✿ .•°

The blonde's face fell gently as he stood still, before remembering the rule of intermingling around the pavilion. She stood to her feet, placing her bottle in the nearest trash can to herself. She smiled off to the distance for no reason, just a simple thought crossing her mind. Morgan then turned, striding confidently to the Poseidon table with wide, friendly eyes. "Looking a little lonely over here," she remarked with a smile. "Unfortunately, I can relate. Even though there's a bit of a rivalry." She adjusted her half ponytail with a quick flick of her wrists, looking back down to the older boy with blinking eyes. "Wanna find something to do? I need someone to talk to. If you couldn't tell, the Zeus table is quite empty. Morgan, by the way." She held out a hand in greeting. The young woman loved to talk and charm others, and this was no exception as she waited for his reply, watching across the pavilion before looking back to him.​

Kai had turned back to his table by the time the girl approached, though he looked back up when he heard her talk. Despite himself, he smirked when she mentioned the rivalry. “Not my fight, not my business.” He shrugged. If Zeus and Poseidon wanted to fight like kids, it wasn’t his problem. He cocked his head slightly at her suggestion, shaking her hand slowly. “Kai. What’d you have in mind?” He asked. He didn’t know the girl, so he had no clue what things she generally did around camp. He usually either trained or spent a couple hours with the naiads of the lake, the lack of air not even uncomfortable.

.•° ✿ °•.
morgan
°•. ✿ .•°

The young woman smiled, releasing his hand and glancing out across the camp she could see. "That's the right mindset, Kai." She stepped towards one of the many exits of the pavilion, her blue eyes sparking like the sky. "I'd offer to go swimming, but I'd prefer not to get bullied the whole time, hm?" A light chuckle left her lips as she turned again to face him. "But if you'd like, we can. Or we can go for a walk around the camp, the beaches, wherever. I'd say we could spar, but I'm fairly sure that that would end in something not very pleasant for everyone." She was powerful, but there was no doubt he was aswell. But there was no question that he was not as stubborn as she was- no one was. But she decided to drop it. "Anything to get me out of the pavilion and not horribly alone."

“Scared to go swimming with me? I don’t drown people for the heck of it. I’d probably get in trouble for that.” Kai smirked. “Alright, I’ll take you up on that. Fair warning, though, I’m really good at contests about holding our breath.” He added, raising an eyebrow. One of the perks of being Poseidon’s kid - breathing underwater. And keeping his clothes dry, that didn’t hurt. “Zeus’ kid doesn’t have any other friends? I’m flattered.” He mused, getting to his feet.

.•° ✿ °•.
morgan
°•. ✿ .•°

"That's exactly my point," she laughed, already making her way down the steps of the pavilion and turned to face him. "And I do have friends, thank you very much. I don't exactly know where they are now, but that's not the point. Shall we?" Her teeth were exposed in a bright grin as she skipped off towards the sandy expanse of the beach.

“Oh, sure.” Kai scoffed, shaking his head. He followed her to the beach at a slower pace, the sound of water relaxing him immediately. He kicked off his shoes before walking into the water in cargo shorts and his camp shirt, the fabric staying completely dry as he got deeper. “You hear the news?” He asked after a moment, when he was about up to his ribs in the water. “Nobody’s heard from their parents in a couple weeks now. Heard someone say that Olympus is shut off, no visitors allowed.” He didn’t mention how he heard that, he’d tried to visit himself the week before. No amount of bribes had caused the doorman to let him in.

She had already removed her shoes and was up to the middle of her calf in the water, but her head tilted quickly and her eyes widened. "Wait, really?" she said with a confused frown. "Dad never talks to me anyways, not like I noticed the difference," she replied with a dry chuckle. "But anyways- did anyone say. . . why? That's weird." She sat on the edge of the water, her feet digging into the wet sand. She didn't speak more as she watched him move farther into the water with bone dry clothes.

“Nah, but I noticed some of the campers are acting weird. Probably some immortal drama.” Kai shrugged. After a beat, he allowed his clothes to get wet, knowing he could dry them in an instant when he was out of the water. “Care to place any bets as to when they’ll come out of hiding? Because, based on their capacity for drama, I’m betting that it’ll be outside of our lifespan.” He laughed.

"There's always immortal drama, Kai, come on," she said with a laugh, her hands splashing around in the small inch of water that rose around her legs. She chuckled along with him at his words, her blonde hair waving like a flag in the wind. "Anything including the gods always lasts beyond our lifespans," she replied with an absentminded smile. "It's almost like we don't have an impact."

“That’s the one way it’s good to be a Big Three kid. We have impact. If I died right now, Poseidon might actually care.” Kai said sarcastically. Even though he was his father's only child, he was still nothing. “I thought about trying to figure it out. It’s not like them to mind their own businesses, you know?” He shrugged.

"Mine would feel bad for a second and then go back to doing something else," she chuckled ruefully. She'd never even spoken to her father, other than being claimed. "I've just gotta do something in his favor and we'll be all set." She played with the hem of her shirt absentmindedly, her blue eyes cloudy. "Like, just one word. Y'know?"

Kai recognized that look. Most of the campers had it. Some considered him lucky for meeting his father, but he disagreed. They all had such high expectations, but Poseidon had been... disappointing. “They aren’t as impressive as they seem. I wish I’d never met mine.” He shrugged. It’d been like meeting an old family friend - awkward, weird, with Kai’s anger all too obvious. He was an all powerful god and he couldn’t have sent a birthday card or - gods forbid - a child support check?

She shrugged. "People are too scared to talk to me sometimes," she said with a frown. "I just wish they cared a bit more. If they didn't want kids, they should've stayed up in Olympus." She lay in the sand, her blonde hair almost the same color the locks tumbled onto the beach. "We've just gotta prove ourselves to them. Right?"

“Yea, we’re the ones that should prove ourselves.” Kai scoffed. “Okay, I’ll bite. How do we prove ourselves? The camp seems pretty safe at the moment, so there doesn’t seem to be a pressing need for heroes. Unless you see something I don’t?” He prompted, mostly curious to see what she’d say. He was fine with his long-distance relationship with his father.

"We could always press someone at camp to let us go on a quest," she offered with a shrug. "Oh! The communications with Olympus and stuff. We're children of the Big Three, they'll let us go take a look, won't they? If worse comes to worse, we can say we didn't know. Since we always seem to be out of the loop anyways."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back